FMTN Grid Tactic

The 'Press' tactic is one of the worst tactics I have used in FM12. I gave it a good run with Dynamo Kyiv and could only manage mid table, then I decided to give it a go with Santos in Brazil, and I nearly got the sack! Lastly I have been trying it with my second season Chievo team, which has some good players for it, as I was previously using a tactic with three strikers, here are my latest 9 results using the Press tactic:

chievoveronafixturesfix.jpg

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People stop sending me youe emails. all you have to do is read the instructions in the thread i posted

Hahahah, i'm so sorry crags, i feel responsible for starting that off.

Cheers tho pal, ill let you know how i get on with it :)

Well my season is almost at an end only cup final and CL final remain.

What can I say man congratulations you have broken the game.

gridendseasontable.jpg

gridendseasonscorer.jpg

Well and I didn't even use your tactic for the entire season. The first 10 games or so were all played with my old tactic oh yeah and Bader was injured for a bit more then a month so he probably has only played around 26 matches in the league, so he could probably have scored even more.

Bayern btw was the only team I couldn't totally play out of the park, they were the closest games in terms of result with 3-2 and 2-1 win even though I had far more chances then they had in both matches.

I mean I even won my semi-final against Barca with 4-1 and 5-0 only Bayern seem to get always lucky against me and keep the end result pretty tight.

I like the look of your little beast. He's got an awesome scoring record and a good face. Do you use an alternative regen facepack or is he an original FM regen?

Sorry didn't see your post before.

The face-pack I use is from Tom2s and can be found here: http://www.footmanager.net/forum/facepack-regens-t25691.html

It's a french forum but I hope you'll find your way to the download links.

won Championship with Southampton in first season (predicted 6th) and with 9 games to spare using cragswfc's tweaked version. cheers for sharing bro! leading second placed team by 27 points

my striker Billy Sharp has scored 56 goals in 30 matches and my backup striker Tadanari Lee has scored 26 in 11. I have another 9 matches left in the season and more matches left in FA Cup (depending on how far I progress)

screenshot20120729at827.png

screenshot20120729at827.png

Pitch size: standard

Match Prep: Very High on Teamworks

Team talks (thanks FusS): http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/299876-Team-Talks

UPDATE: Beat Man City 3-1 in the FA Cup final to do a double!

screenshot20120729at112.png

screenshot20120729at112.png

Well my season is almost at an end only cup final and CL final remain.

What can I say man congratulations you have broken the game.

gridendseasontable.jpg

gridendseasonscorer.jpg

Well and I didn't even use your tactic for the entire season. The first 10 games or so were all played with my old tactic oh yeah and Bader was injured for a bit more then a month so he probably has only played around 26 matches in the league, so he could probably have scored even more.

Bayern btw was the only team I couldn't totally play out of the park, they were the closest games in terms of result with 3-2 and 2-1 win even though I had far more chances then they had in both matches.

I mean I even won my semi-final against Barca with 4-1 and 5-0 only Bayern seem to get always lucky against me and keep the end result pretty tight.

F*ck a Duck! That is the best table I have ever seen in my CM/FM history! Well done mate!

Was that just using the 'Press' version with the central striker swapping with the right sided striker?

15 games (competitive) in and I have lost my first match away to Man Utd 4-1...hope i can keep my earlier form up now. Do you have to have the best players in every position for this tactic (press) to work effectively? I like to blood young players in my teams and have done successfully with Houghs tactics.

F*ck a Duck! That is the best table I have ever seen in my CM/FM history! Well done mate!

Was that just using the 'Press' version with the central striker swapping with the right sided striker?

Yeah it was. But I didn't always use the swapping just when I felt my central striker (Bader) had problems getting through and I wanted my more physical player (Pyda) to be in the center or just bring some confusion to the opponents defenders.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is in my eleventh season with Dortmund, so basically the entire team is full of newgens with a CA of 185+ with Bader being the best player in there with a CA of 199 or so.

So the result you see here is probably a mix of this extreme tactic and a ridiculous good squad, that fact that most AI managers seem to have no clue what they are doing isn't doing my opponents much good either.

Okay I'm going to play my last two games now, should be two easy wins I think.

Here are some more stats from my last season.

Fixtures:

gridfixturesendofseason.gif

Squad:

gridsquadendofseason.jpg

Best Player:

gridbaderstatsendofseas.jpg

Yeah it was. But I didn't always use the swapping just when I felt my central striker (Bader) had problems getting through and I wanted my more physical player (Pyda) to be in the center or just bring some confusion to the opponents defenders.

Another thing to keep in mind is that this is in my eleventh season with Dortmund, so basically the entire team is full of newgens with a CA of 185+ with Bader being the best player in there with a CA of 199 or so.

So the result you see here is probably a mix of this extreme tactic and a ridiculous good squad, that fact that most AI managers seem to have no clue what they are doing isn't doing my opponents much good either.

Okay I'm going to play my last two games now, should be two easy wins I think.

Here are some more stats from my last season.

Fixtures:

gridfixturesendofseason.gif

Squad:

gridsquadendofseason.jpg

Best Player:

gridbaderstatsendofseas.jpg

That is ridiculous. Now giving this tactic a go. How long did it take for it to really start to work?

That is ridiculous. Now giving this tactic a go. How long did it take for it to really start to work?

For me it started really fast to be a good tactic but I think it really started to kick into overdrive after that 18-0 against Hannover after about 13 games. After that a result of 5-0 was pretty much a mediocre performance.

For me it started really fast to be a good tactic but I think it really started to kick into overdrive after that 18-0 against Hannover after about 13 games. After that a result of 5-0 was pretty much a mediocre performance.

I'll give it a few games then.:D

Most of the team get forward apart from the two CB's.

I'll give it a few games then.:D

Most of the team get forward apart from the two CB's.

Results in my first few games are going very well, the team is now getting familiar with the tactic and have scored 6 in my last two games. Tactic is a pleasure to use. Great work, will post some screenshots after another 5 games.

FLOHRINHO - that is a fantastic season, well done!!

I have managed to finish my first season with barcelona and my end of season stats were very similar.

In 65 games played i only drew twice winning every other game. think I averaged 4.7 goals per game and top of my head only conceded about 15 goals in those 65 games.

Messi finished with 170 goals!!!

Sanchez with about 60 goals and Villa around 45 goals with Munain chipping in with about 20 goals. I will post screenies when i get back home but those were roughly the figures.

What i liked is that all of my front 3 not only scored but also assited loads as well.

Flohrinho

Could you do you next season using the 'Stand Off' tactic to see which one is better?

I'm sorry but no.

First off I'm tired of this save game and won't be playing it anymore, I used this tactic basically as a final season super tactic.

On top of that a season can take me very long since I play every game in full length and do individual training shedules for all my players in all teams so one season usually takes me a while from start to finish.

Why don't you take a look yourself?

Put both tactics in match prep and then give them a try for some games, I'm pretty sure you will notice fairly soon which one suites your team better.

has promised here are the screenshots from my Barcelona game:

fcbarcelonasquadplayers.th.png

barcelonavrmadridsplitv.th.png

lionelmessioverviewattr.th.png

A perfect end to the season with a perfect win and a perfect performance by Mr Perfect Messi!! :D

Matches played: 65

Goals scored: 310 (4.8)

Goals conceded 17 (0.3)

florinho,what team talks you use?!

..and if you use the assistant for the teamtalks,what are the attribute to search for he?!

It depends but usually I use "calm - expect a win" which is due to the fact that I'm favorite against every team I play. I usually get a "seemed motivated" from most of my players for this and those who I'm not getting any reaction from get an individual team talk. I use "pick up where you left off" and "faith in your ability", some react better to the former and some to the latter, so I make notes for my players on which player reacts better to what individual talk.

florinho,what team talks you use?!

..and if you use the assistant for the teamtalks,what are the attribute to search for he?!

If you do plan on signing another assistant the attributes to look for are Man Management, Motivating, Tactical Knowledge + Judging Player Ability

@Tactikzz just read post on FM News Paper about how you constructed the grid system. It's kinda funny that I tried something along those lines in FM10 but couldn't pull it off at all. My results with an approach like this were mediocre to bad. Reading your post now makes me realize how many errors I made by trying this approach. Nevertheless it's ice to see my initial idea wasn't that bad at all just the execution was heavily flawed.

I tried this approach merely to get a better orientation on how to set my sliders in order to achieve certain behavior but essentially I believe I made a lot of mistakes in applying the different sliders correctly to the field.

zonalfootballz2.jpg

I think my main fault was to assume that all values would be static and not depending on where a player was on the pitch to begin with.

Quick question in the press tactic the left and right strikers have zonal marking set, but what I have been reading in this thread it should be set to man marking the DR & DL position. Is this correct or am I totally reading it incorrect?

Quick question in the press tactic the left and right strikers have zonal marking set, but what I have been reading in this thread it should be set to man marking the DR & DL position. Is this correct or am I totally reading it incorrect?

Noticed that myself, I guess it's meant to be like that.

Has anyone observed being exploited after your own corner or advanced free kick and the opposition being pretty much clean through from own half or just inside our half? Its not a regular thing but I've seen it several times during opening season...is it my lack of pace at the back or have other people seen this? (only seen with pressing grid)

:thup: amazing tactic all the same :)

which version mate?

has promised here are the screenshots from my Barcelona game:

fcbarcelonasquadplayers.th.png

barcelonavrmadridsplitv.th.png

lionelmessioverviewattr.th.png

A perfect end to the season with a perfect win and a perfect performance by Mr Perfect Messi!! :D

Matches played: 65

Goals scored: 310 (4.8)

Goals conceded 17 (0.3)

Archived