FMTN Grid Tactic

Having released this tactic to international praise and recognition, with the tactic and theory translated to Dutch, Chinese and Turkish, as well as hosted on three separate FM websites, I thought it would be best if I released it here.

The tactic was released on the 31st of May 2012, after a published post on the 24th May 2012 outlining the proposed ideas. Feel free to read the original idea from The Football Manager Tactical Newspaper.

9gatrc.jpg

Before I begin, it really is necessary to read about my grid system concept in order to understand where the ideas surrounding the tactic have originated. I can't stress this enough, as the philosophy and slider positions are all based off a rigid system. If you haven't read the article, you can get reading right away by clicking the link below.

FM Grid System

With that out of the way, we can delve further into this article and begin to flesh things out.

The ideas surrounding the grid system came about when requiring a method that would enable me to obtain a basic layout of in game sliders, which could easily be converted into a Football Manager tactic. Something out of the ordinary, random and inventive. While there are many ideas within the grid system that have flaws, it was merely an experiment to see if something like it, could be achieved. It was my hope that I could create a system that would start the tactical building process for me, in combination with whatever philosophy it was that I wished to pursue. As that was the hope and end goal, I personally feel that the overall project has been a success. This success has been reflected in the amount of trophies won during the tactic trial testing – so many that I’ve needed to construct a new trophy cabinet.

The Formation

After the grid system was conceived and produced, my mind began to scrutinise the pros and cons of various formations that I could try to create within the grid system itself. I settled upon a system that would change shape in defence and attack, in as much as my strikers would track back to help out the midfield wide areas. With this in mind, the formation would appear to be a 4-1-2-3, but we only resemble this formation and shape when in possession of the ball.

wcb9dc.jpg

When we lose possession, I want the wide strikers to track the opposing fullbacks as they advance up the field, so that my fullbacks aren’t facing two opposition players running at them down either flank. I’m no chef, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster!

As the wide strikers move back into midfield, we create a formation that resembles a 4-1-4-1.

By pinning the strikers onto the opposition fullbacks, if gives the wide areas some extra support as well as stopping opposing teams from passing the ball out from the back. We negate opposition defences from spraying the ball horizontally along their defensive line, probing their way up the field and into out half, searching for a through ball that might destroy us. Hopefully you can see that by allowing the wide strikers to track opposing fullbacks, we give ourselves defensive stability while forcing the opposition to perhaps change their style of football.

25zqhzt.jpg

The 4-1-4-1 formation is a favourite defensive shape of mine and I’ll always try to find a way of incorporating it within any tactic that I create. It offers a flat back four, a central anchor man, a sturdy four man midfield and an outlet upfront. If set up in a correct manner, it creates a very rigid and formidable defensive wall in front of your goalkeeper.

Applying The Grid

Firstly, can I just inform you that I have not tweaked the tactic in any way. What you see is what you get purely via the grid system. Certain aspects like the defensive line were positioned whether I wanted to ‘stand off’, or ‘press’ the opposition, but all individual player tactical sliders were positioned purely on what was calculated via the grid system.

With that in mind, I will include a brief run down of the left fullback position so you can see my logical, or random, way of thinking.

2uyoaww.jpg

Focus your gaze upon the left fullback position, if you will.

The yellow horizontal line indicates the mentality given to the player – six. In the original tactic (stand off), I didn’t want my defensive line venturing too far from their defensive zones, hence the low mentality as instructed via the grid.

The vertical light blue line illustrates creative freedom. The left fullback has been afforded five for this settings, so that he doesn’t wander too far off the tactical plan, or roam from his defensive position whenever he desires. A setting of five, allows him to touch the nearest centre back, although quite frankly I don’t want him holding hands with the centre back – I’d rather the fullback concentrate on playing. Now, there have been many complaints about the grids way of interpreting creative freedom, and as I’ve pointed out around the various FM community sites, I simply needed a way of applying creative freedom to the grid system, even if it meant applying it in a bizarre way. You have to remember that the initial system was constructed in one evening and as time has passed, the system has been refined further.

After applying the passing reticle translucently so that you can see the player underneath, hopefully it is clear that a passing setting of five is enough so that he can pass to the nearest centre back and towards the half way line. I want the fullback to play a short passing game, therefore the grid system has calculated the ideal passing length to be five notches. However, when combined with through balls, it gives the player enough freedom to do what he thinks best in various circumstances and situations.

With the settings calculated for one position, the same method and process was applied to the other positions.

Set Piece Routine

I’ve been privately contacted via email and other sources, numerous times, to include the corner ‘exploit’ within a new tactical release. It is for this reason why this particular corner routine has been included within the tactic. If you don’t like it and feel it’s cheating, then take it out and add your own. The only thing that will change is that your striker will probably have around twenty less goals per season (if you have a good striker to begin with).

Let me point out that I have added this ‘exploit’ rather reluctantly, and it will be the first and last time of doing so. I’ve added it purely out of request by the community. The corner routine that many people in the community add to their tactics, is a get out clause for appallingly constructed tactics. There are a few obvious names within the FM community who add this routine time and time again and seem to get amazing praise – have a think, we all know who they are. It’s not big, it’s not clever and yet they are worshipped as tactical gods. Don’t worship false idols, people!

I personally just leave everything on default / mixed, crowd the opposition box with bodies and hope for the best. It reflects real life football. So yeah, this is the first and the last time for the corner routine. Ask again and you’ll feel the wrath of the Welsh god Arawn.

Without further ado, let’s crack on with the tactical releases!

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM Tactical Grid Tactic – Stand Off

You’re free to have a choice of two tactics, or download both. The first of which is a deep, stand off, low pressing tactic, which was the original idea.

Within this tactic, your players will keep a deep defensive line and stand off opponents until a tackle is necessary – keeping their shape. The marking in defensive areas is set to ‘man’, so that they track strikers and attacking midfielders within the deep zones around the eighteen yard box.

It was my very first idea to develop a tactic that I could trial run with weaker club sides, hence the low closing down and rigid structure. This is also why marking is set to ‘man’, so that they utilise such attributes as strength, work rate, concentration and marking. These attributes are more common within the lower leagues, hence why the system might work better there. When you place players on zonal marking, it uses attributes such as positioning, anticipation, teamwork, concentration and decisions, which are harder to find within less skilled club sides.

With all that in mind, did I manage to achieve any success with a stand off approach? See the screenshots below for larger resolutions and judge for yourself.

LA Galaxy

The first trial run was with the MLS team LA Galaxy. I managed to win the MLS by charging forth unbeaten throughout the entire season, conceding only eighteen goals.

dcvk1w.jpg

We also managed to clinch the domestic cup, therefore ending the regular season with the double.

b4hzz8.jpg

Landon Donovan ended the season with 44 goals in 43 appearances.

wbcldx.jpg

Robbie Keane was in fantastic goalscoring form, netting 64 goals in 31 games.

vq1e2t.jpg

River Plate

Argentina was my next destination and to River Plate, who have recently fallen on hard times, relegated to the second tier. Hopefully my tactic would enable us to clinch promotion. We achieved promotion, but also bagged ourselves the Copa Argentina which was fantastic. Another double during the tactic trial run.

2rndgtz.jpg

As you can see, we finished with over 100 goals scored and 100 points. The three league losses were a disappointment, but we constructed another dominant defence, conceding only seventeen goals.

17elpy.jpg

With the double clinched and two more trophies added to the tactic test trophy cabinet, let’s move onto the player statistics.

kw4y9.jpg

David Trezeguet managed to achieve a goal tally of 50 in 37 matches. I won’t bother adding the wider strikers statistics this time (to save space), but I will inform you that Fernando Cavenaghi scored 25 goals in 31 matches and Alejandro Dominquez scored 17 in 24 matches.

Swansea City

The greatest test for my stand off tactic.

How would my grid system stand off tactic fare when up against Premier League opponents week in week out? Well suffice to say, we did very well, winning the League Cup and qualifying for the Champions League by finishing third on goal difference – joint second. Absolutely delighted with European qualification and some silverware in the process.

After 26 games played we were top of the Premier League by a solitary point, but slipped away as Manchester City were too powerful. We inflicted one of their three defeats throughout the season however, so that was extremely pleasing.

2z87z39.jpg

Here is the screenshot which documents the League Cup win.

rkobgy.jpg

Marco Ruben was my only signing at Swansea, as I needed a central poacher that could slot away chances. He managed to amass as many goals as he played matches – 43 goals in 43 games.

344ruqq.jpg

Other stand out players were the wide strikers, Sinclair and Dyer, with 41 goals between them.

FM Tactical Grid Tactic – Press

Having created a successful ‘stand off’ tactic, I tried it out with Barcelona, to see how it performed within a giant of world football. Even though I beat Real Madrid 7 – 0, in many of the matches we stood off far too much and the opposition were basically playing the game on a level playing field. We needed more fight to impose ourselves on the opposition, and so, the pressing variant was formed.

It is my philosophy that larger clubs need to press and instil fear into opponents. You have the better players and better players do better things when they have the ball. I needed to tweak the grid tactic into a pressing alternative. Therefore, if you require that your team press the opposition, then this tactic should serve you well.

Zonal marking has also been introduced here throughout every defensive player. Teams who usually press the opposition are, as already highlighted, some of the better teams, with better players. Therefore they can get away with, and play, the zonal marking system.

I have only tested the tactic over two days with FC Porto, but anyone who has been following me via Twitter will know that I have achieved some amazing success. I must stress though that this tactic has only had a trial run with FC Porto, so it probably needs further testing. Having said all that though, I managed to achieve the quadruple, beating Barcelona twice in the process.

FC Porto

Here is the league table. We finished undefeated with a great amount of goals scored. If I have one disappointment, it was that we finished the season on double figures conceded. With only a handful of matches remaining we went from single to double figures. I can only blame this on fatigue as a few players were in need of a rest.

2cdegm1.jpg

I finished the entire season unbeaten with FC Porto, within every competition entered – if you ignore being eliminated via a penalty shoot out in the Taca de Portugal 6th Rnd. I won’t post my entire seasonal fixtures here as proof, as the image when stitched together will be very large. If anyone wants proof however, feel free to ask.

So, going undefeated throughout the entire season only meant one thing. We won the quadruple.

2csh2f4.jpg

FC Porto managed to win the Portuguese Premier League, Portuguese Cup, European Champions League and European Super Cup. The two European trophies were clinched after beating Barcelona, twice.

Here is the European Super Cup victory over Barcelona.

2rncsus.jpg

And here we have the Champions League Final screenshot.

19qd4w.jpg

Hulk

This man needs his own section because he was absolutely phenomenal. What he managed to achieve is legendary, regardless of the amount of goals scored. I’ve witnessed him dribble past four players only to score. I’ve seen him score an overhead kick in the box after a pin point cross. I’ve gazed upon a mazy run from the half way line, past three players, only to cross to the back post for Danny Welbeck (on loan) to score. The guy is simply amazing.

To top it all off, he scored a whopping 123 goals in 54 matches. Yes you read it correctly…123 goals.

op9qx5.jpg

BUY HIM AT ALL COSTS.

Tactical Help

The final part before the download links, I promise. Well done for getting this far! I’ll summarise player positions here and what you might want to tweak.

1) Your central striker is your main source of goals. He is the focal point during the corner exploit (grrr!) and he is always available for a through ball played through the centre, either off the wider strikers, or the central midfielders.

2) The man marking throughout the ‘stand off’ version can be tweaked I’m sure. If you are managing at a higher level and have faith in your players holding their zones, then feel free to change it to zonal.

3) Your strikers in general all need to be quick to feed off any through balls. Dribbling, agility and balance etc are all welcome here. You know the drill, quick, dribbling flair players will thrive here as they break the defensive line time and time again.

4) Opposition instructions should be automatically embedded within each tactic, meaning that you shouldn’t really need to do them yourself. Please check that your wide strikers are specifically man marking the opposing fullbacks and that the opposition wingers for each team are shown onto their ‘weaker foot’. Like I say, this should already be included within the tactic, but please make sure.

If facing a team who play three central defenders at the back, your wide strikers will specifically man mark the outer centre backs. This is not ideal, therefore set your wide strikers to man mark, tight marking ‘no’. If the opposition team change to a back four, then specifically man mark the fullbacks as usual.

As for the opposition instructions themselves, I always made sure that the wingers were shown onto their weaker foot. Deep wingers, common in say, a 4-4-2, or advanced wingers / inside forwards. Any attacking wide player should be shown onto weaker foot. This is set within the tactic, but opposition teams change formation during a match.

5) You’re never going to win each and every game based solely on a tactic. Things sometimes go wrong – own goals, players ‘switching off’. This is to do with the in-game player attributes, and not 100% the tactic – attributes like concentration and decisions etc. Player management and team talks are a big feature in Football Manager 2012, so try and make sure your team go into each and every game on high morale. You will create chances, but you need your team to believe they can slot in the goals.

6) Make sure to plug in the tactic during pre-season and let the team become fluid in all areas. During most of my trials I kept match preparation on ‘very high – teamwork’ to quickly progress through the season. It did me no harm at all. During the Swansea save however, after the tactic became fluid, I switched to ‘defensive positioning’. Experiment with these settings.

7) I’ve never moved the players into different positions. If I had world class wingers, I simply retrained them to be strikers and stuck with them (James Rodriguez at FC Porto, for example). They operate down either flank anyway, much like wingers. If you move players around, I have no idea how the tactic will perform, so do this at your own risk.

If I think of any more helpful insights, I’ll add them here.

Download Links

As you’ve already seen, there are two tactical variants. One is the stand off version, the original, and the other is a pressing alternative, trialled at FC Porto to great success. Download either one, or download them both and see which one suits you best. Remember, the central striker is your main source of goals.

FM Grid System – Stand Off (MediaFire)

FM Grid System – Press (MediaFire)

Alternative download link added below:

FM Grid System Tactics – Both zipped together (File Factory)

I'm posting this here because I don't know how long it will be on the website for. It's better to release it so that everyone can try it, rather than it disappear for nobody to use. If those download links don't work, it's also hosted at FM Scout and Aid The Boss. If you can't read English so well and want the foreign translations, I can post them for you too.

I've fired up a new Chelsea game using the Press version. Simply amazing. No signings. Currently in March and have only lost 2 games in all comps, 1 in the league and 1 game in the CL. Already won the Carling Cup and i'm still in the FA Cup and Champions League and am 13 points clear at the top of the league with 9 left to play.

Torres has 73 goals in 35 games!

torjd.png

Tactikzz , I've downloaded the tactic from your website when it was released and have had a great time with it. I used the pressing version together with two of my own tactics to great effect with ManUtd. It is easily one of the strongest tactics this year, and possibly the easiest way to go if you are desperate to score goals. There is only one thing I am not so sure about, and that is the creative freedom, but I have not experimented with it enough to be able to post conclusive results. I just don' t think it is necessary to incorporate CF into the grid, it just doesn't feel as natural and convincing with passing and mentality.

I will try to make some time and see if i can apply your impressive grid theory to other formations as well. I wonder if you have tried anything similar.

I started some lower league games - Aldershot in league two and a third division brazilian team. The latter have just finished top in their mini-group and are now sitting second in the next (still unsure of the rules in the third division - but as long as I keep winning, I can't grumble!)

With Aldershot I was testing my own tactic - simply put I didn't have the quality of player needed and was sitting 2nd last after several. Since this tactic doesn't have wingers, I thought I'd use it here as well - lost the first game but have won the next four scoring 4 goals minimum each game. Beat second place 7-0. This is with a tactic far from fluid and a very depressed looking squad after such an awful start.

It does have the corner exploit - but I have to say the majority of goals I've scored have come from open play and some of the football has been very good. I have tweaked the corner routine now as I do dislike it, but I believe that it will still be an effective tactic. Others I have tested in the past have really crumbled once this exploit has been removed.

I'm loving the addition of geting the wide strikers to track their fullbacks. I am sure it helps pressure them, and on the flip side it gives you the width on the counter and they do get amongst the goals, they're not just feeders for the central striker.

I appreciate that my testing is limited and I have yet to get to the January re-rank. But I thought some initial feedback for those who enjoy lower league teams might be helpful.

Cheers

Tactikzz, I already posted on the website (was called Collzy on there too) but just a little update since my last post on there.

I won the league with my Hurstpierpoint side, 23pts clear of the team in 2nd, scoring over 110 goals and conceding just 30 (I think, I'm at work but will edit this post later with screenshots)

I also won every cup competition entered. If you remember this was using the press version at home, and stand off away, the only time I used press away was if I was HUGE favourites (which was quite rare considering I'm only level 10 in the English leagues) although I do have a fairly strong squad for my level.

All I can say Tactikzz is that you're a hero, and have finally restored some faith from me into this game.

Tactikzz

Would you say that the 'Press' version is better, now that you have had longer to test it?

Steve

It probably suits most people as they prefer to use larger clubs. Looking around the community, on various social media websites, everyone has had success with it.

It probably suits most people as they prefer to use larger clubs. Looking around the community, on various social media websites, everyone has had success with it.

But you can still get success with large clubs using the 'Stand Off' version though? Maybe it is best to use the 'Press' at home, and the 'Stand Off' away, as Collzy has done?

Steve

Hi Tactikzz, having great sucsses with your tactics in my 3rd season with Aston Villa.

Later will read the OP, but can post here some images:

Like Rooney playing as central ST

rooneywhatjpg.jpg

And a good game against United:

villautd2012.jpg

Dunno yet (maybe after reading OP :D ) best way to use both tactics...

Cheers and congratulations

P.S. this results where with "stand- off", but i think will try "press" cause i have play 3 times with AC Milan this season and lost all matches...

what tweaks would u reccomend to the tactic after the first season?? to stop the ai countering the tactic??

I am no authority but something I think worth mentioning is this. Have 2 strikers, one clinical, physical, and good in the box (like huntelaar), and a really fast poacher (like Javier Hernandez or Paloschi). If the opponent tries to park the bus and play a deep D-line, use the tall guy. If they try to press high up the pitch, use your midget.

Obviously, I am reffering to the center ST position.

Hi Tactikzz, I used your 'Stand Off' tactic with Berwick for like 20 odd games and it worked a wonder, sitting top of the table 6 points ahead of 2nd place. I had to change the tactic however as my team started to dip in form and I think its because the other teams found out how we tend to play and how to counter it. Now am going to use this tactic for next season so I was just wondering if theres something I could change so that the opposition can't find out how to break the tactic down. Would you recommend changing to the 'Pressing' version if this happens or won't my players be good enough.

Anyways am not going to blame the tactic as I have used many peoples tactics and this has always seemed to happen to me, dipping in form. Maybe it's just me haha. But all in all, fantastic tactic, easily one of the best tactics I've used. Great work! :D

I was just wondering if theres something I could change so that the opposition can't find out how to break the tactic down. Would you recommend changing to the 'Pressing' version if this happens or won't my players be good enough.

That's the problem that you're always going to have when using the 'classic' approach. You're using the same approach for every team, when everyone knows that different managers and clubs approach games tactically different.

To avoid this mid season 'blip', people really need to either a) learn how to get the best out of the TC interface, knowing how to possibly defeat certain formations and philosophies, or b) at least have three different tactics set up within the tactical interface for which to turn to another shape (if you're desperate to use the 'classic' tactics).

I have said this before elsewhere, but there really isn't a tactic that can beat every team, especially season after season. You might have an unbeaten season during your first outing, but in later seasons teams set up differently against you, and if you have no plan b then you're asking for trouble, as Barcelona found out in the Champions League final.

In the long run, people just need to take time out and learn how to combat different formations, and how to change things during a match in order to tackle and defeat most opposition changes. Opposition teams use shouts and alter their approach during a match, so you also need to know how to combat them. As an obvious example, if you're winning 2 - 1 in the 80th minute by playing nice and wide, why on earth would you continue to play wide if the opposing team switch to an attacking 4-2-4 in order to take the cup final to penalties? That's just asking for trouble. Change shape, drop two defensive midfielders in front of your back four, and perhaps play narrower, closing down passing options for the opposition midfield.

Now you can obviously do this by using the 'shouts', or you can quickly jump onto the tactics screen and adjust the sliders manually. Both things work, except one perhaps takes slightly longer. If anything changing the sliders manually when and where you see fit gives you far more control. You're not restricted to a games predicted coding. You don't need shouts to do this for you, you simply need an educated football brain, adjusting the team instructions and player instructions when and where you see fit

That's the problem that you're always going to have when using the 'classic' approach. You're using the same approach for every team, when everyone knows that different managers and clubs approach games tactically different.

To avoid this mid season 'blip', people really need to either a) learn how to get the best out of the TC interface, knowing how to possibly defeat certain formations and philosophies, or b) at least have three different tactics set up within the tactical interface for which to turn to another shape (if you're desperate to use the 'classic' tactics).

I have said this before elsewhere, but there really isn't a tactic that can beat every team, especially season after season. You might have an unbeaten season during your first outing, but in later seasons teams set up differently against you, and if you have no plan b then you're asking for trouble, as Barcelona found out in the Champions League final.

In the long run, people just need to take time out and learn how to combat different formations, and how to change things during a match in order to tackle and defeat most opposition changes. Opposition teams use shouts and alter their approach during a match, so you also need to know how to combat them. As an obvious example, if you're winning 2 - 1 in the 80th minute by playing nice and wide, why on earth would you continue to play wide if the opposing team switch to an attacking 4-2-4 in order to take the cup final to penalties? That's just asking for trouble. Change shape, drop two defensive midfielders in front of your back four, and perhaps play narrower, closing down passing options for the opposition midfield.

Now you can obviously do this by using the 'shouts', or you can quickly jump onto the tactics screen and adjust the sliders manually. Both things work, except one perhaps takes slightly longer. If anything changing the sliders manually when and where you see fit gives you far more control. You're not restricted to a games predicted coding. You don't need shouts to do this for you, you simply need an educated football brain, adjusting the team instructions and player instructions when and where you see fit

Ah right, i understand! Also I know the tactics not meant to get me wins all the time, I understand that. Infact now you have cleared it up, I understand that I have to take a different apporach to some things such as team talks, and adjusting a few things in the game. Anyway, thanks alot mate, I'll carry on using this tactic for next season as I do think its one of the best I've used. :)

Okay as promised some screenshots.

First of all I want to make it clear that I did not stick to one tactic, I used press at home, and stand off away, reason for this is at home you should be dominating games, so pressing the opposition to get the ball back quicker seemed a good idea, whereas away from home you're going to be under pressure, hence standing off the opposition and hitting on the break. Doing this also stopped any dodgy results after the January re-rank.

Due to the image limit, the screenshots are direct links to the pictures.

League Table

As you can see I had by far and away the best attack, but also impressively, the best defence.

Cup competitions

Broadwater Sports Sussex John O'Hara League Challenge Cup

Broadwater Sports Sussex Division Two Challenge Cup

Sussex County FA Principal RUR Charity Cup

And leaving the best until last..

The FA Vase Final

Yep.. everything entered I won. And with ease!

My main man

Words could not describe how much of a legend this kid is for the club. I'll let the this picture do the talking..

Tactical Analysis

Mainly for anyone who's really interested about where the goals conceded are from, this picture shows mainly from crosses where my full back has fallen asleep and failed to mark the oncoming winger/striker at the far post.

Conclusion

A lot of you are probably thinking who the hell are Hurstpierpoint. They started in Level 11 in the English leagues, after a promotion in the first season I started using this in the 2nd, and above are the results. So anyone querying does it work lower league, I'm in level 10, and look what it did for me. All credits go to Tactikzz for creating the most stable tactic on this years version IMO, without exploiting the ME. It has a set plan, and a set style, and sticks to it.

If anymore screenshots are required, feel free to let me know.

Top work :applause:

Stunning. My central striker has 18 goals in 6 league games and I've turned the corner routine off. A nice variety of goals from him too, which a lot of plug in tactics seem to lack.

Only problem is my wider strikers are causing problems but not getting on the score sheet at all, same for the central midfielders.

Press version of this tactic has easily been the best tactic for me for the 12.2.2 patch (12.0.4 was too easy I guess. My own tactics were good enough. Still, I tried everyone else's to get ideas :D).

I won League 2 with a newly promoted Harrow and wage budget was not increased after promotion. I had the worst squad and media prediction was 24th.

Currently I sit at the top of League 1 after 13 games, this time with a decent squad though. My wage budget was increased almost 10 times after promotion. I will post screen shots when I get home.

Theoretically, stand off tactic should work better with smaller clubs but press version has been much better for me.

match prep????

6) Make sure to plug in the tactic during pre-season and let the team become fluid in all areas. During most of my trials I kept match preparation on ‘very high – teamwork’ to quickly progress through the season. It did me no harm at all. During the Swansea save however, after the tactic became fluid, I switched to ‘defensive positioning’. Experiment with these settings.

congratulations on a fantastic piece of work Tactikzz.

always a breath of fresh air when someone comes up with new ideas of how to implement the different sliders.!!

I have started a game with Barcelona for sum fun ;)

Once the team as blended using teamwork is pointless as you get no benefit from it.

Once the team as blended using teamwork is pointless as you get no benefit from it.

i normally switch to attacking with a very low workload.

but am beginning to think once everything is fluid then having it on attacking, defending,teamwork is pointless has you can't improve on it.

might try with "nothing" and see how it goes, or will certain levels drop off?

In my game I used attacking movement unless a harder team, then defensive positioning. I think the defence is more than good enough to hold out on its own, especially with the wide strikers tracking the full backs.

My Home Record as Barcelona (yes I know it's Barcelona) P 12 W 12 F 60 A 1 - it's crazy!!! Also the 1 goal conceded was in the 12th (last) home game

Away Record P 11 W 6 D3 L 2 F 23 A 10.

Big difference, but still hugely impressed.

My Home Record as Barcelona (yes I know it's Barcelona) P 12 W 12 F 60 A 1 - it's crazy!!! Also the 1 goal conceded was in the 12th (last) home game

i had similar results as AC MILAN, dominating at home and winning away but not to the same extent.

Perhaps the tactics should be used as collzy is using them. Press at home and Stand Off away from home....

hmmm *thinks*

wich tactic you use at home and wich do you use away game ?

What's your starting XI? And how many goals has

Messi got so far?

I am still in preseason yet takes me ages to play a game!!

wich tactic you use at home and wich do you use away game ?

Always Press at home. Was using Press away, but have switched to Stand Off to rety and improve away results, but not much difference at the moment.

Archived