FMTN Grid Tactic

What's your starting XI? And how many goals has

Messi got so far?

I am still in preseason yet takes me ages to play a game!!

Messi doesn't need any help with ratings, so I put Jovetic or Damiao in the middle to get them goials/ratings/Morale

Valdes

Abidal

Pique

Otamendi

Alves

Fellaini

Xavi

Iniesta

Messi

Jovetic

Sanchez

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say this is the best tactic I have used. I have just won the league with 4 games to spare, already have the league cup in the bag and have the fa cup final to play which I should win. This is in the first season with Liverpool using the press version of the tactic. All together I have only lost 3 games all season

Any chance for a slow striker to fit in here somewhere? :p

Not really, tried Ibrahimovic and didn't really work. I had bought Adebayor and put him in and instantly the movement of the tactic improved.

I tried it with Aguero upfront and it worked very well aswell.

However, you may notice that Aguero is actually slower than Adebayor and if im correct has similar pace to ibrahimovic.

So how does this work?!

My opinion is that the central striker doesn't neccesarily have to be fast but has to have the tendencies of a poacher (playing on the shoulder of the defence, breaking the offside trap, moving into channels, taking the ball round the keeper, and placing shots). In this way Ibrahimovic didnt work because he is more of a mixture between trequartista and target man, whilst Aguero with similar pace is more of a poacher and advanced forward. IE. Huntelaar would work because although he is not so quick he plays like a poacher.

Hope you understand this and it helps :)

Not really, tried Ibrahimovic and didn't really work. I had bought Adebayor and put him in and instantly the movement of the tactic improved.

However, you may notice that Aguero is actually slower than Adebayor and if im correct has similar pace to ibrahimovic.

So how does this work?!

My opinion is that the central striker doesn't neccesarily have to be fast but has to have the tendencies of a poacher (playing on the shoulder of the defence, breaking the offside trap, moving into channels, taking the ball round the keeper, and placing shots). In this way Ibrahimovic didnt work because he is more of a mixture between trequartista and target man, whilst Aguero with similar pace is more of a poacher and advanced forward. IE. Huntelaar would work because although he is not so quick he plays like a poacher.

Excellent advice. Van Nistelroy was phenomenal for me, especially against teams that played a deep defensive line, although his tendency to play with his back at goal was sometimes a drawback. His unmatched ability to break the offside trap and exploit the tightest of spaces made the difference, he only needs a yard of space in the box to score.

So how does this work?!

Totally agree with this. Although my example isn't really suitable as you guys are talking about giants of football and I'm a team no one has ever heard of, my central striker is not the quickest in my team, in fact he's probably about 5th or 6th in the speed rankings, but he is the most natural poacher/goal scorer in my team, so he was better at making a run to stay onside and find himself 1v1 with the keeper, resulting in a goal or at least another CCC. Obviously having someone like Fierro would be a perfect choice once he's developed a bit, pace + natural poacher.

EDIT: I've also seen people have great success with van Persie. What is it with Dutch strikers?! Huntelaar, Nistelrooy, Persie..

Hi Tactikzz, having great sucsses with your tactics in my 3rd season with Aston Villa.

Later will read the OP, but can post here some images:

Like Rooney playing as central ST

rooneywhatjpg.jpg

And a good game against United:

villautd2012.jpg

Dunno yet (maybe after reading OP :D ) best way to use both tactics...

Cheers and congratulations

P.S. this results where with "stand- off", but i think will try "press" cause i have play 3 times with AC Milan this season and lost all matches...

Can I just ask how you managed to get Rooney for Villa haha?

EDIT: I've also seen people have great success with van Persie. What is it with Dutch strikers?! Huntelaar, Nistelrooy, Persie..

Haha i'ts cause Dutch strikers are awesome mate.

I consistently argue amongst my friends that Van Nistelrooy was one of the greatest strikers in the prem.

I know everyone hates united, but his stats are there for all to see, just lacked the personality of Henry!

As for Van Persie, what a player!

Haha i'ts cause Dutch strikers are awesome mate.

I consistently argue amongst my friends that Van Nistelrooy was one of the greatest strikers in the prem.

I know everyone hates united, but his stats are there for all to see, just lacked the personality of Henry!

As for Van Persie, what a player!

As an Arsenal fan have to agree on van Persie ;) but I do agree, painfully, that Nistelrooy was up there with the very best, although Henry was a better striker (imo obviously), no one matched Nistelrooy in the premier league as an out and out poacher. Can't forget Bergkamp and Kluivert too ;)

Anyway sorry Tactikzz for going slightly off topic there..

Can I just ask how you managed to get Rooney for Villa haha?

Hmmm... ironic or bad intencions question? if not apolegies... he asked to leave Utd, i win both Premier and Champions League so he would like to work with the "new Mourinho" :) and buy him for 27.5M€...much more cheap that Hazard or M'villa...

P.S. Rooney picture

rooneybuy.jpg

Fancied a blast on FM with this so fired up a new game with Chelsea.

Won the domestic treble losing just once in the league. Was narrowly beaten by Barca 5-4 in the CL semi-final.

tabley.png

Torres hit 90 despite only appearing 41 times due to injury

torreshs.png

Fancied a blast on FM with this so fired up a new game with Chelsea.

Won the domestic treble losing just once in the league. Was narrowly beaten by Barca 5-4 in the CL semi-final.

tabley.png

Torres hit 90 despite only appearing 41 times due to injury

torreshs.png

Hey dave,

How exactly do you use the tactics? Just press, or stand off? or do you use one at home and one away?

Also do you tweak in game aswell or do you always leave the tactic as it is?

Has any one tried this with arsenal yet? if so wandered how they got on. Was thinking of giving it a go with the arsenal, wandered what team you guys would play

Szczesny

Sagna

Koscielny (hugely under rated by people)

Vermaelen

Gibbs

Song

Arteta

Ramsey (until Wilshere is back then bring Ramsey on for him around 70mins)

Walcott (bring Chamberlain on for him around 70mins)

van Persie

Gervinho

When I go to the page its come up download now, so I click on that, then a yellow/green arrow pops up but then nothing happens :confused: then it just say's "not downloading try again" I clicked on that again the same thing happens.

have you tried both the file factory and the individual links?

have you tried both the file factory and the individual links?

Yep try'd both. File factory tells me "All free download slots are in use. You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium. Otherwise, please feel free to try again shortly"

Got the press more link to work now ;)

Yep try'd both. File factory tells me "All free download slots are in use. You can download this file immediately by upgrading to FileFactory Premium. Otherwise, please feel free to try again shortly"

Got the press more link to work now ;)

Alright mate :)

Finished my test of Hough's new tactic (have a look on his thread for my feedback), now to test FMTN Grid Tactic (Press) and I can let the community know who really rules the 433 formation in 12.2.2.

Going to test with Chelsea as they have a well balanced squad for this!

Finished my test of Hough's new tactic (have a look on his thread for my feedback), now to test FMTN Grid Tactic (Press) and I can let the community know who really rules the 433 formation in 12.2.2.

Going to test with Chelsea as they have a well balanced squad for this!

If you are doing a 'like for like' tactic comparison, then you need to use the same team for both mate

If you are doing a 'like for like' tactic comparison, then you need to use the same team for both mate

yes same team, same teamtalks, same training, same opposition teams, same pitch size etc....

and even if you match all that it still won't be a true comparison test.

no 2 games of football are ever the SAME!!!!

personally I find these "tests" a complete waste of time.

yes same team, same teamtalks, same training, same opposition teams, same pitch size etc....

You are right about all those other criteria (especially on FM12), but I still think if you do a full season save with the same team, you will get enough from that to determine which of 2 tactics is best.

You are right about all those other criteria (especially on FM12), but I still think if you do a full season save with the same team, you will get enough from that to determine which of 2 tactics is best.

you will get some kind of result whether it shows which tactic is the best, I disagree.

there are so many parameters that can decide a single game it will never be a true reflection, thats all I am saying.

Why do a test on two tactics that are pretty much exactly the same? One is a copy of the original with pretty much the same settings? :lol:

I could understand if you were doing a test on two 4-3-3 formations with two different styles and philosophies, but this is nonsensical.

Jheze guys! I'm really not trying to do some official test tactic thing- I test tactics out that I have the intention of using in my career save and I want to see if it is good enough. However, as I always feel like I need convincing before I use a tactic i feel there must be others who think the same why- hence why I upload screenshots and give a write up.

That said- I am merely showing the potential of the tactic if you use a team of "city" or "chelsea" standard. I am judging the tactic on how well the movement of the tactic is in the game and by how many goals it scores for a good team.

Im just a casual fm player!

Why do a test on two tactics that are pretty much exactly the same? One is a copy of the original with pretty much the same settings? :lol:

I could understand if you were doing a test on two 4-3-3 formations with two different styles and philosophies, but this is nonsensical.

What is wrong with you guys?!

I'm just testing to see which i prefer and want to use in my own game. I just upload results incase anyone else needs convincing.

Didn't expect everyone to get touchy, its not official just helping casual gamers like myself

What is wrong with you guys?!

I'm just testing to see which i prefer and want to use in my own game. I just upload results incase anyone else needs convincing.

Didn't expect everyone to get touchy, its not official just helping casual gamers like myself

Thanks Jimmy !

thank you but also i want to ask that , in this tactic we see that the central striker is the most important player,

because of that shouldn't i put ronaldo there ?

or can you suggest me another players better than them

Well, the wide strikers are more like wingers. So it will be sensible to put Ronaldo on the wing.

guys if you were real madrid and you have ronaldo higuain benzema hulk which player you use left striker , centre stirker and right striker ?

Thanks for your answers

Ronaldo--Higuain--Hulk

Ronldo works better cutting in from the left these days and Hulk from the right.

Higuain has the characteristics of the poacher so should be in the middle. Yes it is possible to use Ronaldo and Hulk in these positions, but in terms of balance what I suggested gets the most out of the trio rather than the individual.

Archived