FMTN Grid Tactic

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've started a save as Everton and am predominantly using the 'press' tactic, but 'Stand Off' for some tough Away games. I have not spent a penny and after 7 games am top of the League

P7 W 7 D 0 L 0 F 18 a 4

Have won at St James' Park and White Hart Lane

Awesome stuff!! - Congrats!!

What pitch size you been using and match prep?

Hey crags!

Minimum pitch. Very High Teamwork until fluid and then you are convinced in matches that your team are getting the hang of the movement. Then change to Very High Attacking Movement! Around the re-rank time ( late december to early february) if you feel your team isnt scoring as many goals or conceding slightly more change back to VERY HIGH TEAMWORK for this period and once the re-rank period is over go back to VERY HIGH ATTACKING MOVEMENT.

I hope that makes sense!

Hey crags!

Minimum pitch. Very High Teamwork until fluid and then you are convinced in matches that your team are getting the hang of the movement. Then change to Very High Attacking Movement! Around the re-rank time ( late december to early february) if you feel your team isnt scoring as many goals or conceding slightly more change back to VERY HIGH TEAMWORK for this period and once the re-rank period is over go back to VERY HIGH ATTACKING MOVEMENT.

I hope that makes sense!

Cheers kinda, i think i know what you try to say, you on twitter?

@Cragswfc

Cheers kinda, i think i know what you try to say, you on twitter?

@Cragswfc

Basically, match prep on very high workload and teamwork focus. When Fluid and you are happy with performance levels change to very high workload and attacking movement focus.

If you feel that during the re-rank period (december to february) that you are underperforming change to very high workload and teamwork focus.

When results are back on track, change back to very high workload and attacking movement focus!

Yes, i do, ill follow you now :)

I've started a save as Everton and am predominantly using the 'press' tactic, but 'Stand Off' for some tough Away games. I have not spent a penny and after 7 games am top of the League

P7 W 7 D 0 L 0 F 18 a 4

Have won at St James' Park and White Hart Lane

Awesome stuff!! - Congrats!!

This is mad, I'm now P10 W 10, have now also beaten Chelsea and just beaten Man Utd at Old Trafford.

This is with the original squad, except 2 free transfers who don't play!!

Unbelievable first season with the swans - Won Carling cup, lost FA final to Gooners...lost 4th place on last day of season to gooners..top until Feb though I just did not have the squad to compete :):thup:

Amazing Tactic! imo

UPDATE: I post before my game at emirates, I actually stung em 1-0..so its CL football at the liberty stadium next season"!!

Unbelievable first season with the swans - Won Carling cup, lost FA final to Gooners...lost 4th place on last day of season to gooners..top until Feb though I just did not have the squad to compete :):thup:

Amazing Tactic! imo

UPDATE: I post before my game at emirates, I actually stung em 1-0..so its CL football at the liberty stadium next season"!!

do i sense a replayed final game?

Is anybody using this tactic with Liverpool? I started a new game with them and have reached about November. Im currently 5th, I know thats not too bad but ive already lost at swansea and QPR comfortably and drew at home to both Blackburn and Norwich. Just wondering if anyone has any advice. Cheers guys

When I was using this tactic...I won the Champions League 2 seasons on the trot with Arsenal and the EPL 2 times running as well...I never really felt that the tactic suffered any of this 2nd season syndrome...

Thanks again ruud!

wich is the best the press or the stand of ?

Always use Press at home unless you are underdog, in which case use Stand-Off

Always use Stand-Off away from home unless you are favourite, in which case use Press

I have had most success doing that

With any changes in the settings?

didnt change anything - just moved players on tactic screen ... but i think somebody who is goods in fm tactics should tweak wide sts as theres a lot more to come from them ...

Used Hough's tactic and suffered the second season syndrome- i was still winning but performances weren't as convincing.

Has anybody experienced the second season syndrome with this tactic?

not really .. played two seasons with Palermo - won league twice by 20 points or something - won cup and Europa League ( got knocked out from CL - unlucky tbh ) .. now got new job at Man Utd and already won first game ( community shield ) 8-0 with bolton ...

moved the wide strikers to wings. did not change any settings, just simply dragged and dropped the wide sts to wings and started a new game with everton. no new signings.

Played 5, won 5. Goals scored 19, conceded 3.

Fulham 0-4 Everton

Everton 2-0 Tottenham

Wigan 2-6 Everton

Everton 3-0 Sunderland

and latest result, 4-1 win at Old Trafford. Only goal which united scored was a penalty conceded by Darren Gibson (conspiracy?).

screenshot20120703at517.png

4 clear cut chances to 1.

screenshot20120703at518.png

League table, already opened up a 2-point gap, even if chelsea win

screenshot20120703at518.png

I'm playing as Spurs (second season) and I'm loving this tactic. Really solved my defensive issues. I finished 2nd last season scoring 124 league goals but conceding a massive 50. However, I disagree about playing stand off in tough away games, I tend to get dominated (60%+ oppo possession) and I hardly have a sniff of goal with them battering me, I play press at all times and find it much more effective. Also my cfs are all small, (Quintero, Yilmaz, Defoe) and I don't really have anyone to make the corner tactic work, any advice?

I'm playing as Spurs (second season) and I'm loving this tactic. Really solved my defensive issues. I finished 2nd last season scoring 124 league goals but conceding a massive 50. However, I disagree about playing stand off in tough away games, I tend to get dominated (60%+ oppo possession) and I hardly have a sniff of goal with them battering me, I play press at all times and find it much more effective. Also my cfs are all small, (Quintero, Yilmaz, Defoe) and I don't really have anyone to make the corner tactic work, any advice?

its fine to use Press all the time if you have fast enough defenders or if the opposition is playing a target striker rather than a poacher. I do not use it away from home unless I am favourite because most teams will not sit back and if they have fast strikers, the high defensive line can get caught out

the corner tactic should still work. I had quintero once and I remember he scored a lot of goals from the corners. the corner routine in these tactics does not necessarily need to be headed in, my fast strikers get a lot of tap ins.

its fine to use Press all the time if you have fast enough defenders or if the opposition is playing a target striker rather than a poacher. I do not use it away from home unless I am favourite because most teams will not sit back and if they have fast strikers, the high defensive line can get caught out

the corner tactic should still work. I had quintero once and I remember he scored a lot of goals from the corners. the corner routine in these tactics does not necessarily need to be headed in, my fast strikers get a lot of tap ins.

It still works with small players, if you look at my screenshots of those 6o somethign goals messi scored, im sure atleast 10-15 were from corners.

And some more questions. Sorry but the thread is huge.

1. So do we have to use OI's or not? Anyone had success without them?

2. Which is better type of players for MCs?

Creative Playmakers with bad defensive atts or the opposite? (good posisioning tackling etc and passing - creativity of 12-13)

3. Did anyone had success without the corner thing?

Great work Tactikzz...

And some more questions. Sorry but the thread is huge.

1. So do we have to use OI's or not? Anyone had success without them?

2. Which is better type of players for MCs?

Creative Playmakers with bad defensive atts or the opposite? (good posisioning tackling etc and passing - creativity of 12-13)

3. Did anyone had success without the corner thing?

Great work Tactikzz...

1.I didn't use them and I had success

2. Balance it out, A defensive DM (Busquets, Pirlo, M'villa, De Jong) a supporting box to box cm (Fletcher, Parker, Khedira) an attacking cm (Iniesta, Anderson, Arteta, Eriksen, Sniejder)

3. I haven't tried it but the tactic will still be good without it. The way I see it, whilst the exploit means you will score more goals->win more-> higher morale->more likely to score first-> win more and so on. Alot of tactics use this and are still crap and underachieve. 80% of the fantastic results you see in this thread (mine included) come from the tactic alone.

I had the same thoughts as you about using stand off when I'm not expected to win, but it just doesn't seem to work for me. Things are looking good anyways, 6 points clear of City with 10 games to go. Fingers crossed

Zigi which tactic did you use?

home - press

away - stand off

It doesn't matter what team i play against.

I have beaten Milan at my ground using the press one.

My central striker Billel Omrani currently with 16 goals in last 5 games.

Also managing national team of Honduras. Results as follows:

Mexico 0-1 Honduras

USA 1-3 Honduras

Honduras 7-0 Cuba

Honduras 1-0 Australia

Honduras 2-1 Paraguay

what oi against this formation?

7094eb5af4f7t.jpg

None. Just make sure that both your centre backs are set to zonal marking. centre backs need to be zonal marking for formations with two strikers and man marking for single striker

Only time you need to use OI is on :

ML/MR, AML/AMR - weaker foot.

formations with 1 AMC and 1 ST - close down and tight mark always on both.

formation with 3 AMCs and 1 ST - close down and tight marking always on central AMC and ST

another time you need to tinker with the tactic is for formations with 3 centre backs and no wing backs or full backs - change marking on wide strikers to Zonal.

I have run a full season with Aldershot. Started with my own tactic and guided them to the bottom of league 2...Switched to this and the results improved immediately. Brought in a few free transfers, but apart from those couple of players, it's all the original squad tipped to finish towards the bottom.

Finished second my quite a margin (couldn't catch Southend - but from bottom to second was pretty amazing).

Now, whilst it was effective, I did find some of the football a bit boring and started to tire of the corner routine. But I was worried that by changing things I'd lose the momentum - and in a higher league, that would have dire consequences. So I kept it the same for the first few games. With several games gone I am sitting in 6th - and in the league cup I've knocked out Watford 3-2 (Championship team) and then Blackpool (Premiership) 4-1. I have some better players (still free transfers) and I believe the football is improving. Central striker still the top scorer, but different types of goals and more impact by the other players. I have also bravely amended the corner set-up so the players take more realistic positions and the delivery is set to mixed. In the next game I had a number of corners, some defended easily, some creating half chances and one creating a goal where my striker on the far post headed back across goal, my CD's header was cleared off the line, but another player forced it home. I am sure I will miss the extra goals the exploit setting gives me and may lose some points because of it - but if it adds a variety of goals to different players, I think I'd prefer that than a striker who gets an unrealistic amount with the same routine. Personal choice.

I will of course change back if I plummet down the league!!

I am also using it with a 3rd division Brazilian side - doing well, but I have no idea how the competitions work there yet!

well .. i was just wondering cuz most cbs are taller with better heading skillz ...

i won the serie A with Palermo 1st season...olivier giroud scored 72 goals(i think 50-55 on corners)

but the tactic isn't very good because rarely i win a game without the corner exploit...

my formation is:

Adler

DEF: cassani bocchetti dedè balzaretti

MC: kara/khedira

CM: poli edgar barreto

hernandez-cavani-jovetic

what is the problem with my players?

i won the serie A with Palermo 1st season...olivier giroud scored 72 goals(i think 50-55 on corners)

but the tactic isn't very good because rarely i win a game without the corner exploit...

my formation is:

Adler

DEF: cassani bocchetti dedè balzaretti

MC: kara/khedira

CM: poli edgar barreto

hernandez-cavani-jovetic

what is the problem with my players?

is that your team for the first season 12/13 ?

is that your team for the first season 12/13 ?

yes just started...i won european super cup vs arsenal 4-2 (3 goals for corner exploit) and i loose italian super cup vs lazio 1-0

in the serie A i won 4 matches and 2 draw....

btw cavani(my central striker) 8 matches 15 goals

What is the marking in BOTH tactics for STL and STR?

Its blank. No Man or Zonal. Just blank in both tactics.

They're actually marking both full backs.

I guess op changed it in game after he set them to man mark the full backs.

While playing a match, pause it and check their instructions. You will see that they are marking the full backs.

I know I have been helping a lot of people with Striker suggestions- but I CANT seem to get it right with my chelsea team.

My front options are: Hulk, Torres, Hazard and Doumbia.

Any suggestions how I should line them up?

It doesn't help that Hulk avoids using his weaker foot so he is pretty useless as an outer striker as he can only go wide and cross but cant cut in and make a through ball

Archived