FMTN Grid Tactic

This is a record breaking tactic. Suffered my record defeat with this one losing 0 - 7 to a team far worse than me. Really cannot recommend for lower leagues. Got relegated first season and sacked (really, it's been a year and I haven't lasted 2 seasons at any club now :( )

64qq29.png

2l3q06.png

2he9dtw.png

For me in the lower leagues is awsome. Back to Back promotions all the time.

The last image is the wage budget in the year.

Press Tactic

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't have 'very high' teamwork. You can only turn match prep to 'very high' which effects how quickly you learn tactics, it does not effect anything else. So teamwork is the same even if match prep is very low compared to setting it at very high.

no it doesn't just affect how quickly you learn tactics, but it also affects the amount of time the players put into match preparation rather than training. so if you have teamwork set to very high, your players spend more time on teamwork and lesser on their training schedule which helps with morale. it is just like how 'very high' on attacking setting pieces, means players spend majority of training on free-kicks and corners whereas 'low' on attacking set-pieces means players spend majority of training on the actual training schedule and a little bit of it on set-pieces

I am currently halfway thorugh my 1st season with Barcelona. Well i am in the middle of January and have played 19 games in the league.

In all 39 games have been played and have only conceded 7 goals all season. Can't remember top of my head the team goals but it is averaging 4.2 goals per game.

Messi in 38 games has just hit the 100 mark with yet another double hat-trick in the last game. He can probably play another 25-30 games if i stay in the cups and could hit easily another 50 odd!!!

and add to that i have won every single game with ease, even beat real madrid 3 times 2-0 totally dominating them.

will upload screenshots later on if i get the time.

I will also add i used the weaker foot opposition instruction on every ML/MR/AML/AMR/AMC/SC.

teamtalk: Pre match: Agg I except a win

Halftime: Pass/Calm: I am pleased ( i haven't used any other has I have always been winning at least 2-0 every single game) but against a big team i might used Ass: Dont get complacent.

I rarely get any reactions from my players apart from one or two...but doesn't seem to effect there performance.

What preparation match ?

very high teamwork during preseason

as soon has the competitive games start lower it down to average but still teamwork

then on very low attacking movement once my assistant manager teamtalk feedback report show has "willing to die for eachother". which means teamwork has reached top level.

very high teamwork during preseason

as soon has the competitive games start lower it down to average but still teamwork

then on very low attacking movement once my assistant manager teamtalk feedback report show has "willing to die for eachother". which means teamwork has reached top level.

are you still using only the press tactic?

I've had great success with this tactic - one thing that I've noticed with my games anyway is that my team seems to do better with right-footer on the right side of the strikeforce and left-footer on the left side; they seem less wasteful and get far more assists. Has anybody else noticed this?

thx for sharing us. it's a really sick tactic. the best one I ever used so far.

gomez in my first season half with bayern munich: http://bildr.no/view/1223913

1st season with media prediction 5th team: http://bildr.no/view/1224768

the 2nd season with grid tactic - media prediction 2nd: http://bildr.no/view/1225307

my 3 strikers in the 2nd season: - left foot STCR http://bildr.no/view/1225308

- right foot STCL http://bildr.no/view/1225309

- STC with a lot of injuries http://bildr.no/view/1225310

my highest victory (2nd season): http://bildr.no/view/1225039

superb stuff..

i wonder if i could incorporate this with tottenham without changing personnel too much...

would bale be able to play as a left striker role for instance i wonder... hmm

Could do...but Bale plays great as Left Back as they cross the ball a lot in to the area and get quite a few assists.

After having so much success, teams are getting ultra defensive and I'm really struggling to create anything. I've slowed the tempo down even further to keep possession, which worked for a couple of games and now seems to have lost impact. Has anyone managed to get round this?

superb stuff..

i wonder if i could incorporate this with tottenham without changing personnel too much...

would bale be able to play as a left striker role for instance i wonder... hmm

I user it with SpuRs. Retrain bale to striker and play him in the fcl spot. You won't be dissappointed. And play lennon as fcr!

My CL winners team from last year got to quarter finals with this tactic. The reason is that we played really poop in away games. Like in 1/8 I lost 1:3 away to Inter, then in home game I batter them 5:1.. and in quarters I lose 1:4 away to MU, only managing 2:1 home win due to my top striker injury.

R.I.P. Legia, had a great save! :p

If I use 2 tactics, like this, or even 3, do I only need to change the one that is mentioned first on the FM tactics screen, when I want to switch between my home and away tactics?

Because, if I use the [|>] symbol (remote control alike "play"-symbol), the tactics do not really swap.

My CL winners team from last year got to quarter finals with this tactic. The reason is that we played really poop in away games. Like in 1/8 I lost 1:3 away to Inter, then in home game I batter them 5:1.. and in quarters I lose 1:4 away to MU, only managing 2:1 home win due to my top striker injury.

R.I.P. Legia, had a great save! :p

Exactly same happened with my Spurs side. Champions the year before, they reached the q-f only to get cained by ac milan 3-1 in the san siro and then back at Perryman Arena only managed a 1-0 as Abbiatti had a 9.1 rating saving 6 ccc! Will try an away strategy for europe as its simply too attacking against big sides away from home.

Exactly same happened with my Spurs side. Champions the year before, they reached the q-f only to get cained by ac milan 3-1 in the san siro and then back at Perryman Arena only managed a 1-0 as Abbiatti had a 9.1 rating saving 6 ccc! Will try an away strategy for europe as its simply too attacking against big sides away from home.

Just use stand off then

Huddersfield season 1, sold Rhodes for 4 million and signed some good players with that. Won the league, lost 1, drew 1, won the rest. My central striker Torassa scored 96 league goals and not a huge amount of corners believe it or not. I also won the FA Cup beating Liverpool in the final 2-1 after knocking out Stoke, Everton, Birmingham and Aston villa. I actually beat a full strength Everton 6-1 in the FA Cup and Villa 4-0.

Whole season using only the Press Tactic. Match prep on low Teamwork all season once it was fully fluid.

I always do well in fm no matter what tactic I use but this one is giving me the best performances of any tactic including my own by a good way.

I changed the 2 outside strikers to AMR/AML positions so as not to take advantage of the 3 central strikers bug. Also I changed the attacking corners to far post with the strongest central defender in the air attacking the far post, and the other one challenging the keeper, the striker attacking ball from deep, MCR lurking outside the area, DR and DL stand back, AMR/AML on near post and rest go forward. The defending corners I just set to the same as standard when you create a tactic to keep from conceding so many goals from corners.

This tactic is still amazing.

Ive been using this its a tweaked version cant remember where i found it but its good http://www.sendspace.com/file/iw1q7h

Before you start go to 'Tactics' and then 'Set Pieces' and drag your best CM to where it says "Playmaker" and your middle striker to where it says "Target Man".

It's Hazza's edit from Fmbase, he tried to create a tactic using as many exploits as possible and used grid as a base because it has a few exploits in it already. What are your results like? I've been using it but only with target man, i haven't tried it with a playmaker yet

been really good and tight at back aswell. just going to start a new game with the rangers fc with @fmweegieupdate

Yeah I have been trying it out with my all star city team, and tried it with chelsea was really good.

Would you say it's better with or without playmaker?

@Tactikzz

Can you please explain how did you get the 5 passing for the FB and why the blue line was placed in that position(top of the CB if you are talking about FB). The yellow line is in sync with the defensive line, but the blue line and passing where they came from??

@Tactikzz

Can you please explain how did you get the 5 passing for the FB and why the blue line was placed in that position(top of the CB if you are talking about FB). The yellow line is in sync with the defensive line, but the blue line and passing where they came from??

Hey Zico10, please make another 343 I loved your formation on Fm11 :-)

Archived