FMTN Grid Tactic

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am looking to use this in my new BSS season. However, I dont want to use the corner exploit but I dont know what it is either.

How do I remove it?

The exploit is to aim corners to ''Near post''

And ofc. to set someone to that Near Post.

just finished my season with a strong celta de vigo (year 2018). good squad but not the best. my strikers are leandro damiao (a beast as middle striker), mabye niang and salomón rondón. i have some nice regens but the "real" players that are still in my squad are: tolói, botía, hugo mallo (my first choice as DR), brivio, crisetig, asamoah, ekdal, yanga mbiwa, kara, rafinha and bezus. won everything. leandro 90 goals (68 in league). 158 league goals, 17 conceded. using PRESS all the time. my keys are rotating (choosing the 11 by their physical condition-never play a guy who´s under 95%) and sticking to a squad during the years, not making too many signings but replacing old players or getting players that are much better than the ones that they replace. thanks to the creator, amazing tactic

I have to say that my favourite tweak of this tactic is Crags, with the inclusion of his goals goals settings.

The original for me was good, don't get me wrong; You might even have seen my review of it in the early pages of this thread. However, for me it was slightly lacking in movement and I wanted there to be more emphasis on the central striker getting the ball in a 1 on 1 position having been slipped through from his supporting players.

I had been using FMTN GRID 442 by Knap for the 1st season and about 10 games into the second season. I decided to come back to the save in order to test Crags' tweak, and although i was having good results before with this tactic I was winning the games more convincingly and with authority.

Results.

manchesterunitedfixture.png

manchesterunitedfixture.png

barclayspremierleagueovi.png

Hey James, Been using Crags tweak as well with a Valencia save (1st season). It's been absolutely fantastic and I must say one of the more consistant variations of the Grid tactic.

Just convincing beat At. Mardrid 3-1 away from home. I'm currently third in the league behind Barca and Real (They are almost invincable 1st season).

Soldado as my FC is scoring for fun...Happy days!!!

Hey James, Been using Crags tweak as well with a Valencia save (1st season). It's been absolutely fantastic and I must say one of the more consistant variations of the Grid tactic.

Just convincing beat At. Mardrid 3-1 away from home. I'm currently third in the league behind Barca and Real (They are almost invincable 1st season).

Soldado as my FC is scoring for fun...Happy days!!!

I know, it's awesome. I can finally start a long term save with a consistent tactic. Just in time for fm 13

Just out of interest, what match prep (special focus+ workload) do you use for the tactic?

so for the midfielders it´s recommended to use a DM, a box to box midfielder and a playmaker? i´d like you to help me with the most important attributes for them. how important is jumping+heading for the DM? important attributes for the box to box midfielder (as they have to be VERY complete and it´s hard to find guys with so many attributes) and if the playmaker has to be good at defending or it doesn´t really matter (marking, tackling, positioning, bravery, work rate and teamwork). thanks in advance

so for the midfielders it´s recommended to use a DM, a box to box midfielder and a playmaker? i´d like you to help me with the most important attributes for them. how important is jumping+heading for the DM? important attributes for the box to box midfielder (as they have to be VERY complete and it´s hard to find guys with so many attributes) and if the playmaker has to be good at defending or it doesn´t really matter (marking, tackling, positioning, bravery, work rate and teamwork). thanks in advance

In my city save i was able to get away with Busquets, Sneijder and Silva, but thats literally because my team was disgustingly good so i didnt have to worry about being defensive.

At United I played a far more balanced trio Carrick (dm) and Fletcher and Sneijder as my cms. Both brought good result by i feel the balance i had at united was a little better.

One ball winner, one deep lying playmaker who can defend and one advanced playmaker. If you notice i played carrick at dm even though he is more of a deep lying playmaker rather than an out and out ball winner....that is no problem though as you can (and i did) play a ball winner at cm (fletcher in my case) to compensate for this.

I know, it's awesome. I can finally start a long term save with a consistent tactic. Just in time for fm 13

Just out of interest, what match prep (special focus+ workload) do you use for the tactic?

I use teamwork match prep on very high...thats what crags recommends & it seems to be working a treat!

It's about time u started up a save you've done enough bloody testing to last a life time,ha!!

I use teamwork match prep on very high...thats what crags recommends & it seems to be working a treat!

It's about time u started up a save you've done enough bloody testing to last a life time,ha!!

Haha i know, but everytime i see a new tactic i think oh maybe this could be better and end up testing it to see and putting off my long term.

Now i've tested with all the teams i like so i have no clue who to start my long term one with haha

This tactic with Crag's goals goals tweak is unstoppable, I've drawn a couple of games I shouldn't, but apart from that, it's awesome, best tactic I've tried, by far. Aguero has 38 goals in 14 apps in all comps.

yeah you do get a random draw here and there, as shown by my screenshots but on the whole its very consistent!

yeah you do get a random draw here and there, as shown by my screenshots but on the whole its very consistent!

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining! It's the most consistent tactic I've tried, I did try it before, was getting a few more draws, so tried a couple of other tactics, always come back to this though, and saw someone had uploaded Crag's tweak with it, just had to try it! So glad I did now!

All the formations where the player has teams like Barcelona, Real Madrid, United, City and others I dont rate.

My Shrewsbury who's first season in the prem. Just hit halfway and used this for the last 5 games, outstanding results. My legendary striker Federico Abud scored 5 goals against Blackburn which was a club record.

Oh yeah, I'm not complaining! It's the most consistent tactic I've tried, I did try it before, was getting a few more draws, so tried a couple of other tactics, always come back to this though, and saw someone had uploaded Crag's tweak with it, just had to try it! So glad I did now!

All the good tactics now are based on grid.

You have crag's tweak, hough's 4213 variation, and Hazza's many versions of it aswell.

All are as good in their own respect.

What is the best tactic, stand off or press?

I have heard that the press was better to use in home games and away games at stand off.

What is your opnion? just press? Just stand off? Or switch both home and away?

Just press. I am confident I could win any league with any of the teams in that league in season 1 using only the press tactic without cheating. Can't say that about any other tactic.

Try me :D

Hey,

Try this version and see magic happen.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4gp0va78uz8chew

Also do the following settings:

- Add the default Press Tactic as a 2nd one even if you are not going to use it (I haven't). This helps reach a fluid system faster.

- Team Policy: Assistant handle teamtalk (really, try it!) and attend all press conferences.

- Don't drag any player to the Target Men and let it be ticked on team instructions.

- Set the same and best corner taker to Left side and Right side spot

- Match Preparation Very High Teamwork and when everything got fluid Average Defensive Positioning

- Rest player 2 days after game finishes

- If draw or lose go to a immediately Team Meeting and choose first option (1st line) and usual get captain opinion

Don't drag any player to the Target Men and let it be ticked on team instructions. Match Preparation Very High Teamwork and when everything got fluid change it to Average Defensive Positioning.

- Training Furious

- Player Filter use Hazza22299 ones. If you cant seem to find a player for your team, reduce a value by 1 to each skill load in the same proportion. Eventually it will bring someone up.

- Try to keep the player moral above good (very good or superb are the one you should seek) by private talk to them, like saying how he performed last game or/and on the development area how hes going in the training level and perhaps threaten him with placing him in the reserves. This you should do a try and error method do see what do they react the best

I have no credits neither the tactic settings nor the previous advices. These are tips that I got from reading elsewhere. If you follow these steps you will get the next results (friendly game done by assistant):

21097896.png

My success using this tactic has been somewhat limited. At times it's honestly wonderful, then I lose 5-1 to Norwich (as Arsenal). As such, I'm assuming it's the type of players available to me? (Given the clear success others have had in this game, it's clearly not the tactic itself). Is there any potential player/position filters release upcoming to afford people as terrible at the game as I am the opportunity to buy the right people? Regardless, thank you for your time an effort. Seems to be an excellent tactic.

My success using this tactic has been somewhat limited. At times it's honestly wonderful, then I lose 5-1 to Norwich (as Arsenal). As such, I'm assuming it's the type of players available to me? (Given the clear success others have had in this game, it's clearly not the tactic itself). Is there any potential player/position filters release upcoming to afford people as terrible at the game as I am the opportunity to buy the right people? Regardless, thank you for your time an effort. Seems to be an excellent tactic.

There are some simple player rules to follow no matter what tactic you use.

Strikers must have pace.... 16 pace 16 acceleration minimum in the top leagues.

Centre backs must have good pace, acceleration and jumping... at least 14 for each of those stats, more pace the better.

Full backs again pace pace pace! at least 15 pace, 15 acceleration.

Defensive mid should be a good ball winning midfielder.... good strength, tackling, passing, work rate. Pace is not so important this time but 13 or over helps.

Centre mids should be good all round midfielders who can pass and are creative but can be good if they also have good work rate, teamwork etc. Pace should be 12 or more.

Hope this helps.

PS I destroy every league with this tactic.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I skimmed through the 6 pages of info (although, not as thoroughly as it deserved)... and am sure you're just being forced to repeat what everyone else already knows. In any case, thank you :D

I've been using this tactic but I just can't get consistent results. One minute I'm hammering AC Milan/Dortmund in friendlies 3-0/4-0 with complete control of the game then I draw with Reading and lose to Fulham. My squad is this:

GK: M. ter-Stegen

DR: S. Vrsaljko

DCR: R. Shawcross

DCL: A. Dominguez

DL: C. M'bengué

DMC: B. Kayal

MCR: A .Faurlin

MCL: A .Poli

STCR: D. Quintero

STC: S. Fletcher

STCL: C. Fierro

Do I just need to fiddle around, maybe try crag tweaks/the press version of the tactic?

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. I skimmed through the 6 pages of info (although, not as thoroughly as it deserved)... and am sure you're just being forced to repeat what everyone else already knows. In any case, thank you :D

I should also add I only use the press version of the tactic with every team in any league. Currently bombing up the leagues with Eastleigh! Back to back promotions so far losing only 2 games in 2 seasons and drawing about 6.

Last save I won the championship in season 1 with Derby and then went on to win the prem in season 2 with the same players I won the championship with.

Before that, first season in league 1 with Huddersfield, won league drawing 1 and losing 1, won FA Cup and won the League Cup.

Thought I'd share my experiences of the original pressing version of this tactic:

Took over an underachieving Birmingham in the Championship who were ninth with around 15 games to go, but I couldn't get any consistency with it and ended up ninth.

But the second season - with a better starting XI but a weaker overall squad - we stormed the league with 97 points and 103 goals from 46 games. In terms of players, it's pretty easy to establish what you need. It's tricky to find full-backs who are good enough to perform to the tactic's full potential, and I try to play with at least one really fast striker. But they don't all need to be quick. Zigic got around 35 goals and he's cumbersomely paced at the start, let alone three seasons in.

Despite have no money whatsoever (my signings amount to one £2.5 million fee and two loanees), we've got 7 points from the first 3 Premier League matches. Interestingly, it seems to work as a positive attacking format when you've got stronger players and a park the bus tactic when you've got the weaker team.

Thought I'd share my experiences of the original pressing version of this tactic:

Took over an underachieving Birmingham in the Championship who were ninth with around 15 games to go, but I couldn't get any consistency with it and ended up ninth.

But the second season - with a better starting XI but a weaker overall squad - we stormed the league with 97 points and 103 goals from 46 games. In terms of players, it's pretty easy to establish what you need. It's tricky to find full-backs who are good enough to perform to the tactic's full potential, and I try to play with at least one really fast striker. But they don't all need to be quick. Zigic got around 35 goals and he's cumbersomely paced at the start, let alone three seasons in.

Despite have no money whatsoever (my signings amount to one £2.5 million fee and two loanees), we've got 7 points from the first 3 Premier League matches. Interestingly, it seems to work as a positive attacking format when you've got stronger players and a park the bus tactic when you've got the weaker team.

To be fair though if you played Zigic in the central role he should score at least 20 just from corners. My central striker usually bags about 60 goals in the league, easy. I think Darwin Quintero scored 72 for me in the prem with Derby and he cost me 1.8 million in the championship.

Hey,

Try this version and see magic happen.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4gp0va78uz8chew

Also do the following settings:

- Add the default Press Tactic as a 2nd one even if you are not going to use it (I haven't). This helps reach a fluid system faster.

- Team Policy: Assistant handle teamtalk (really, try it!) and attend all press conferences.

- Don't drag any player to the Target Men and let it be ticked on team instructions.

- Set the same and best corner taker to Left side and Right side spot

- Match Preparation Very High Teamwork and when everything got fluid Average Defensive Positioning

- Rest player 2 days after game finishes

- If draw or lose go to a immediately Team Meeting and choose first option (1st line) and usual get captain opinion

Don't drag any player to the Target Men and let it be ticked on team instructions. Match Preparation Very High Teamwork and when everything got fluid change it to Average Defensive Positioning.

- Training Furious

- Player Filter use Hazza22299 ones. If you cant seem to find a player for your team, reduce a value by 1 to each skill load in the same proportion. Eventually it will bring someone up.

- Try to keep the player moral above good (very good or superb are the one you should seek) by private talk to them, like saying how he performed last game or/and on the development area how hes going in the training level and perhaps threaten him with placing him in the reserves. This you should do a try and error method do see what do they react the best

I have no credits neither the tactic settings nor the previous advices. These are tips that I got from reading elsewhere. If you follow these steps you will get the next results (friendly game done by assistant):

Is there an actual filter file for the Hazza22299 players or is it just an outline of what type of players would work best?

Archived