Quickfire Questions and Answers Thread (Tactic and Training Questions Only)

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

samptactics_zps5b64359e.png so am using this tactic,heavily inspired by Cleon thanks, but while it dominates away from home and having the third best away record in the league i cant get it to work at home. So am wondering what changes if any i can make to make it more successful at home.

is there any thread which details what the different training roles for individual focus actually focus on?

For general, match, individual or position training?

Be Real Sociedad, Almost every bar on my system was fluid before the first match of the season. By match 7, things are mostly accomplished. What are the reasons for this and how do I rectify and stop it happening?

Thanks!

Why does this thread show there's a 27th page when the last post in on the 26th and clicking on the "27" keeps you at the 26th page?

Because of deleted comments.

Be Real Sociedad, Almost every bar on my system was fluid before the first match of the season. By match 7, things are mostly accomplished. What are the reasons for this and how do I rectify and stop it happening?

Thanks!

New players or changes to the system are the things my money would be on.

New players or changes to the system are the things my money would be on.

I haven't signed anyone, it's the first season and as I said, I've had all the bars on fluid(or very close), by I think the second league match. Then about 6 matches in I looked again and they had all decreased significantly. Luckily I had a week before my next game, so I whacked training on full team cohesion and now it's back to fluid.

I don't understand why, perhaps it's due to me changing the settings? I do this every game though. I simply set up one system only and then change what I need to depending on the game, but always with the saem shape

I haven't signed anyone, it's the first season and as I said, I've had all the bars on fluid(or very close), by I think the second league match. Then about 6 matches in I looked again and they had all decreased significantly. Luckily I had a week before my next game, so I whacked training on full team cohesion and now it's back to fluid.

I don't understand why, perhaps it's due to me changing the settings? I do this every game though. I simply set up one system only and then change what I need to depending on the game, but always with the saem shape

Team cohesion doesn't make the bars fluid for what its worth. That would be the individual focus of 'tactic'.

The reasons are probably because you added 2 new tactics to be learnt?

Team cohesion doesn't make the bars fluid for what its worth. That would be the individual focus of 'tactic'.

The reasons are probably because you added 2 new tactics to be learnt?

Not that either! Have only one tactic, or rather one shape. No back up tactics. I just change the settings depending on the opposition and other variables.

Not that either! Have only one tactic, or rather one shape. No back up tactics. I just change the settings depending on the opposition and other variables.

That's why, you've answered your own problem. Once a tactic is all fluid, the minute you change the settings it looses familarity unless you do it on the actual build up to the match screens.

Ah yeah, ok. So I have to submit the team before I change the setting's.

Ideally yeah :)

Another option is to load the same tactic 3 times but have different settings on each, so different strategy, marking styles, passing options etc.

What can I do to maximise the chances of a PPM transferring during tutoring? I'm having problems getting curls ball or stays back at all times to transfer, in particular. Argues with officials, on the other hand, seems to be spreading through my youth team like a virus :-)

Is there any way to change the colours of the dots in the performance tab of a match? I'm suffering from a certain type of colour blindness and I can't make out the difference between green and yellow dots.

What can I do to maximise the chances of a PPM transferring during tutoring? I'm having problems getting curls ball or stays back at all times to transfer, in particular. Argues with officials, on the other hand, seems to be spreading through my youth team like a virus :-)

The player may need to have good technique before he can learn curl ball.

If a player is effective in a new position training, will he unlearn it if i remove it even if he always plays in that new position? thanks

If he always play in the new position, it's unlikely he will unlearn it.

Is there any way to change the colours of the dots in the performance tab of a match? I'm suffering from a certain type of colour blindness and I can't make out the difference between green and yellow dots.

Try the skinning hideout forum since most skin makers are there.

The player may need to have good technique before he can learn curl ball.

I considered that, so the last two attempts were on a player with 15 technique (16 by the time of the second attempt). How high do you think the technique would have to be? Or are there other attributes that need to be high as well?

I don't think this is a stupid question, but I don't think it merits an actual thread of its own.

I want to know what the most common formation is. I don't mean from the player, from the AI manager. This probably varies from league to league but it would be great if some research has been done on this topic.

The reason I ask is that I want to play reactively, and set up to exploit the majority of formations. Exploit is a strong word, but all I mean is for example to play 352 against 442.

Three tactics or the three most common formations would be ideal.

I considered that, so the last two attempts were on a player with 15 technique (16 by the time of the second attempt). How high do you think the technique would have to be? Or are there other attributes that need to be high as well?

I think it depends on the player itself too. For eg, some players just like shooting with power even though they have great technique and place shots is a better option for them.

hi

thought I would post in here , I'm trying to find a good thread on these forums about team talks , is there any?

cheers

hi

thought I would post in here , I'm trying to find a good thread on these forums about team talks , is there any?

cheers

Not sure if I can post the link here but google raikan007 teamtalk, should give u a decent guide.

Not sure if I can post the link here but google raikan007 teamtalk, should give u a decent guide.

thanks, look good

I think it depends on the player itself too. For eg, some players just like shooting with power even though they have great technique and place shots is a better option for them.

Having taken another look at this, I think it may be that all the players I tried with "curls ball" lack flair. So I'm starting to think that flair may also matter. I don't see an obvious attribute that explains stay back at all times not being learned, but I've had fewer attempts at that one. Thanks for the help.

I keep conceding the same type of goal where one of the opposing forwards drops into space between lines, receives ball, plays ball through into the other striker.

I play a 4-4-2 (lower level), there must be a way to prevent this other than playing someone in DMC. My central midfielders or CM(d) and CM(s). I also use a stopper central defender which doesn't seem to do much.

@Colorado

Try to set your defensive line deeper? Is your opponent usually use an AMC?

Can anyone help me answering this question?

1. What combination of personality that result to failed tutor ?

2. If I have Evra tutoring Luke Shaw and then before the tutoring complete I sold Evra, will it affect the tutoring?

3. I have a player (Romario) already join my team (MU) but I can't play him because he still waiting for Work Permit. Is this normal?

4. If I using the same formation but change the role depend on my player, will it affect the tactic familiarity (change Winger to IF for example)

1. Just a huge difference in personality.

2.Yes

3.Yes his work permit failed. You can send him out to Antwerp. You could also try to get him a new contract to see if he can get a work permit.

4.Probably but it would be only sightly like 2-3% or something.

Is there a way to change the view on the team instructions screen of my tactics page. The playing style options are all in drop down menus that provide only three options per item (i.e. Passing style = shorter/default/more direct). I would like to get sliders so that I have more control on exactly how my team plays but I can't seem to find any option to change the view.

Just a few questions....

(1) If I set up player OI before a game to CD always on my opponents, how would this affect Team Instructions/touchline shout if I then decide to use the 'stand-off' my opponent later on in the game for example if I am 1-0 up.

Would I then have to delete all the OI for CD as it would be counter productive? (i.e telling them to CD always in OI but then saying 'stand-off via shouts/team instructions)

(2) I find that if I have set up OI on my opponent players before kick off but then during the game I decide to change to one of my other formations, this deletes the opponents OI I set up originally before the game and I have to set them up again.

Does anyone else find this?

(3) When I scout the opposition before a match, I notice that it doesn't actually scout the players, some are fog of war, so I scout them individually myself in good time.

Does anyone else do this or am I alone?

(4) Using the TC to create my formation is usually done based on a full strength side with no injuries/suspensions etc.

So, if key players are out injured, suspended, etc, do you just prior to KO (in-game) change role/duties?

(i.e if the FB is attacking but you only have a FB who is only good on support)

This has been bothering me for years and years and I've been too lazy to ask. Some are questions and some are to pick the brains of others. Cheers.

Thanks for your answer. For number two answer, what kind of effect that will happen? Will it just stop the growth (if any) or return the personality to before tutoring?

It will stop the growth and whatever growth that happened is permanent.

Hello guys

Something weird and annoying is happening to me. I've bought two scouts, one German and one Italian. When i put them scout their respective countries, the job only last one day and they only come up with 5 players (!!!). But when i sent them to other countries, this doesnt happen. Does somebody know what the hell is going on?

Thanks

how come there is not an option for the assistant to take control of default focus training ? next to MATCH TRAINING it says in control by assistant but default focus training is always set to balanced, so now and then when i remember because i thought my assistant took care of training in 1 week i change it to say attack 2 weeks defend and 3 fitness i just keep changing it now and then, so it looks like i have to take control of default focus training myself so i was thinking would it harm my team if i choose the default focus training to fitness for 1 month then the next month change it to something else and so on will this be ok for my team or will it be bad?

also when i get opposition reports back from my scouts etc they tell me what i should have as match training where as my assistant doesnt have it set to what the scouts want it to its always on defend set pieces so i have to change that myself, so the whole training thing seems to be useless with wanting your assistant to control it when he actually doesnt ??

I'm playing a rigid 4-5-1 counter attacking strategy. Against 4-2-3-1 I seem to struggle what are the best ways to counter the effectiveness of the formation, I know to try and limit the supply to the opposition full backs but what is the best way to do this?

I would say DM (S)

Alright, cheers. I'm trying to create a tactic that resembles how Bayern Munich play as I'm a big fan of the way they play. Especially the 2 DM's and the AMC.

I'm thinking of going with:

DM (S) - - - - - DLP (D)

AP or AM (S)

I'm not sure if I should go Balanced or Fluid?