Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since Christmas, Jose Enrique has done AT LEAST one thing in every game which has made me want to punch him in the face. ****ing hell!!!

Spearing definitely should not have started over Shelvey. Although I think our defensive midfield is lacking generally with the players available, need Lucas back to enable Gerrard to burst forward.

That last 30minutes is exactly the standard of football we should expect from the 1st whistle week in and out and should expect a bit more when its needed also. Them 1st 50-55 minutes were near unbearable tbh which has been exactly the standard we have been served up for much of this season.

Great from Andy and would love it if he played like that every time he came on the pitch.

Chelsea deserved the win overall, we had a good last half hour and Carroll was excellent when he came on. Looked promising, only question is why can we never play like that in the first half of games.

I tell you, since the turn of the year Andy Caroll has been ****ing brilliant. He couldnt have put himself about on the pitch anymore than what he has. He plays brilliant and then Dalglish benches him all the time. All the stick he has got, in 2012 he has done himself no harm at all.

Any of you plastic ******* (CP and Rafalution) give Carroll **** again, I'll end your existances. You don't have a clue.

:D He still should have scored the header though shouldn't he? Had a great game nonetheless. If he can perform like that 75% of next season he'll win us many games.

Would agree with you SRL. The game I was at , he was doing so much more work off the ball than I expected and won nearly everything in the air. Same story today.

I actually thought his header was more an unbelievable save rather than he shoulda been doing better, defender coming across goal so that sort of ruled him heading it across the goal out and it did put quite a bit of power on it. Just unlucky and an unreal save. Can understand why it wasn't given and you can't say for certain that it was in.

Carroll usually plays really well and is made to look ineffective because there's nobody near him to capitalize on his good work, and the crosses in to him are generally awful. That's a (huge) tactical problem, and it's on Kenny tbh.

last 4 or 5 games yes he's been great but not since the turn of the year, no way.

spearing at fault for both goals albeit with enrique and reina for the first. missing lucas for 3/4 of the season has massively hindered our progress but kenny did have the chance in jan to rectify it but he didnt.

lets hope we're ruthless in the summer and clear out the likes of kuyt, spearing, adam etc

Tip of the hat to Carroll who turned the worst FA Cup Final performance in living memory into something semi-worthy of the name.

Oh dear Kenny though. :D Those ****ing tactics eh, if there is a god please bring the pain to an end after these final two games.

Fair play to Cech too for what was an outstanding save.

Spot on, SRL88. Carroll turned in to a monster at the turn of the year. Tell Downing to **** off and buy some proper wingers in the summer. The lads the future. Supply him, and he'll cause chaos.

Ive been finding myself getting more and more pissed off with Downing as the season has gone on. He usually started brilliant but fades in the second half but today he was ****. Usually he puts balls into the box just for no one to be there but christ I was annoyed with him today.

Would agree with you SRL. The game I was at , he was doing so much more work off the ball than I expected and won nearly everything in the air. Same story today.

I actually thought his header was more an unbelievable save rather than he shoulda been doing better, defender coming across goal so that sort of ruled him heading it across the goal out and it did put quite a bit of power on it. Just unlucky and an unreal save. Can understand why it wasn't given and you can't say for certain that it was in.

The header was a case of was it, wasnt it but to be honest the linesman couldnt be sure so he made the right decision.

Carroll usually plays really well and is made to look ineffective because there's nobody near him to capitalize on his good work, and the crosses in to him are generally awful. That's a (huge) tactical problem, and it's on Kenny tbh.

Add to that the fact that for some stupid reason when we have a 6'5+ centre forward we never actually put a ****ing cross into the box.

Tip of the hat to Carroll who turned the worst FA Cup Final performance in living memory into something semi-worthy of the name.

Oh dear Kenny though. :D Those ****ing tactics eh, if there is a god please bring the pain to an end after these final two games.

Fair play to Cech too for what was an outstanding save.

Dalglish hasnt got a clue on tactics and it was a fantastic save rather than a bad miss.

Was the ball over the line and was it as bad a miss as it looked to me?

It was a brilliant save, end of.

so come on? does kenny deserve another season?? or at least til xmas?

he has been unlucky losing our 3 best players for large chunks of the season and you take anyones 3 best players from them theyd struggle but thats really the only things you can say in the for keeping him camp.

he has been unlucky losing our 3 best players for large chunks of the season and you take anyones 3 best players from them theyd struggle but thats really the only things you can say in the for keeping him camp.

Not sure on this one. I like the bloke, but his tactics are shocking. He wont be sacked but I can see him 'stepping down' if you know what I mean.

I would like a younger manager to come in, ala AVB who I dont think had a fair crack at Chelsea. I just think there is so much more to come from the team but something isnt working.

Is that the most minutes Carroll and Downing have been on the pitch together at the same time?

Hardly ever to be fair. Downing always crosses when Carroll isnt on the pitch. When he is on he barely crosses or he has already been taken off.

not for me, too many tactical, selection and transfer issues

didn;t think we did too badly today, considering we started Spearing and Henderson in midfield. Though Enrique was mostly awful, Johnson been so much better second half of the season. Carroll was immense when he came on, wish he'd put away that 2nd, Suarez didn't really do much but to be fair we look to him too much anyway. Bit annoying that our goal was due to great play and their's were more defensive mistakes (not to take anything away from Drogba's finish). Overall was about what I expected, and I'm not overly annoyed or disappointed we lost, thought we played very well 2nd half and on another day we would have got that 2nd, just lacking a bit of the killer edge

they had the better team and the much better midfield, and we made some mistakes in defence basically, but not an embarrassing performance by any means

Bit annoying that our goal was due to great play and their's were more defensive mistakes

Are you hearing yourself? :D Your goal was all Bosingwa's fault, made a mess of the clearance and you got lucky it fell to Carroll

i think a lot of our problems this season have stemmed from how **** awful our central midfield has been.

it is quite annoying that the top teams play constantly like we did in the last 20mins or so. if we did that more often and started doing that early on i bet Carroll and Downing would have far more impressive stats

Are you hearing yourself? :D Your goal was all Bosingwa's fault, made a mess of the clearance and you got lucky it fell to Carroll

That's probably the first time anyone's ever said that :D

But yeah, complete **** up from Bosingwa for our goal. Their's were poor, Pepe should have done better on both occasions.

I don't feel that disappointed - probably because we were poor tactically and second best for 2/3rds of the game, so were beaten by the better side on balance. Carroll great. Let's see what our last two games bring and then the summer.

I just can't believe Kenny sat through the games at Old Trafford and St. James, amongst others, where we played with a flat midfield three of Gerrard, Henderson/Shelvey, Spearing and then watched us away at Norwich where we had two holding and Gerrard pushed way up top and can't come to the conclusion that the latter is much superior. So frustrating. So negative.

That's probably the first time anyone's ever said that :D

Wasn't specifically for Carroll :D The ball could've gone anywhere from Downing's tackle, so often goes out for a goal kick. Downings assist though ;)

Archived