Liverpool Thread 2011/12

Rafalution

Carroll was actually a bit of a beast in that half. Dominating the Fulham centre backs. Same old story though, no real support for him. Kuyt's been qg too. Maxi pretty wasteful in front of goal, but good otherwise. Shelvey and Aurelio have put some nice balls on Carroll's head. If only Fab was fit for more than 3 games a season :(

• Replies 13.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carroll is the only player out there worth bothering with at the moment. The rest of the midfield and forwards can go suck a fat one in the summer and find new clubs.

we'll be going nowhere fast if we jetissoning youth like shelvey

Not watching this but loving the 12 - 1 shot stat. So predictable.

We beef those stats up by firing 25 yarders over the bar and wide of goal though because we lack the creativity and movement to carve out a half decent chance.

Going down with a whimper here - disgusting attitude for a club like ours.

21 shots, 4 on target. Disgrace.

A large part of me is hoping we lose on Saturday; 9th in the league and 1 cup will surely mean Kenny has to go.

i do not for one second believe fsg would be fooled by an fa cup win if it were to happen. if anyone reporting to them has seen what has brought us here, i find it difficult to believe kenny is still here beginning of next season.

Season ticket holders must be absolutely gutted at seeing only 5 home wins this season. Absolute joke how far our standards and performances have dropped, and yet there are still many fans who think we are progressing - its ridiculous.

FSG are basically figure men. They look at what they spent and expect results in return. If they don't get the results, then changes will be made; like it or not.

Do they know the significance of the difference between the FA Cup, League Cup and the Premiership though? Do they understand that winning cups in football is nothing like being able to mount a challenge for CL football in the league? I obviously would hope so, it's obvious to those who have watched and played football their entire lives but it might not be so obvious to the likes of FSG.

Even the most ardent of KD fans has to look at where we are and admit that he needs to go. The home form is a insult to all Liverpool fans. Yet again today we played without any sort of system or pattern, I still have no idea what our style of play is. This match showed exactly how poor the squad is, which considering the money we have spent is disgraceful.

Do they know the significance of the difference between the FA Cup, League Cup and the Premiership though? Do they understand that winning cups in football is nothing like being able to mount a challenge for CL football in the league? I obviously would hope so, it's obvious to those who have watched and played football their entire lives but it might not be so obvious to the likes of FSG.
Ian Ayre knows what's what. That's good enough.

I'm not sure FSG are as clever as we hope they are. I'd hedge a fairly large bet that if we do win it he'll be given another half-season at least, meaning another batch of ***** coming in no doubt.

i'll agree they are unknown quantities. but i would imagine that they being sports people, even without knowledge of soccer in particular will be in conversation with people who do. much like they talked to the arsenal guys around the time they bought us. just looking at the negative historical records that have been broken this season alone surely send alarm bells ringing even if you are unfamiliar with the sport.

for the sake of my sanity i have to believe they see these things an will act.

i think they will have versed themselves in at least how much money can be earned in competing in each of the cups/league. i think that alone will in their minds instil what the important targets are.

Thought Doni did very well in fairness. Other than the back 5 tonight, I honestly couldn't care less if the rest of them weren't here next season. Will be a little saddened if Maxi or Kuyt leave, but they're nothing more than squad players anymore.

On my way home from the game. Got a coach journey of around 3 hours so won't be home until around 2 then up for 5 for work. Liverpool have won 3 games this year in the legue and five since start of November.

I have seen Liverpool win 3 games at anfield this season as I couldn't be bothered to go against Newcastle and couldn't get time off against Everton. Liverpool have been boring and negative in most of thir home games this season. What a waste of £805 and 12 hours travelling including 90 mins for the game. I will still renew my season ticket though. No idea why the kop still chant dalglish.

Bit extreme saying just get rid of them all but there were definitely some players out there tonight that need to have their futures evaluated. Bar that 15 minute or so spell at the end of the first half there was very little to be positive about. Virtually no one tried to get around or beyond Carroll for the flick on and our full backs received the ball with little or no support from anyone out wide so were generally forced to turn to their centre backs. Even doing that we still didn't look particularly solid and Fulham players that dropped off the front were able to pick up spaces between our midfield and defence fairly easily.

I wasn't aware that our record at home was as bad as 5 wins which is incredibly poor.

I've lost all respect for Kenny. In fact I'm starting to feel an intense dislike for the senile old fool.

He's an embarrassment to the club now. Embarrassing and unnecessarily prickly in interviews whilst deluding himself into thinking the club has progressed after ******* millions up the wall.

Originally Posted by Tony7:

No idea why the kop still chant dalglish.

Top reds obviously.

Won far too much as a player and manager to not have his name chanted.

Would i like to see somebody else be manager next season? Yes.

Would i still chant his name? The answer again would have to be yes.

Not many people get to be King's.

On my way home from the game. Got a coach journey of around 3 hours so won't be home until around 2 then up for 5 for work. Liverpool have won 3 games this year in the legue and five since start of November.

I have seen Liverpool win 3 games at anfield this season as I couldn't be bothered to go against Newcastle and couldn't get time off against Everton. Liverpool have been boring and negative in most of thir home games this season. What a waste of £805 and 12 hours travelling including 90 mins for the game. I will still renew my season ticket though. No idea why the kop still chant dalglish.

You'd still renew your season ticket even if Dalglish was still in charge?

Kop is mostly made up of over 35s. Kenny will be loved by them no matter what because they were there when he was the best player in Europe and managing us to league titles. Plus the Hillsborough stuff. Is fair enough imo. I bet though that even the absolute stubborn diehards don't think he's done good job in the league this season. Chanting his name will be nothing to do with that.

The real rage from fans won't start until we lose at the weekend. At the moment there is still some hope that a couple of trophies will at least mean this season has something positive.

With the form we've been in, I'd be embarassed to be Chelsea if they lost to us. Fully expect them (and Torres) to destroy us and the fans to go mad.

No chance Kenny will stay.

In other words you feel 35 million is worth it?

I didn't say that. But I'm not bitching about it still, by making the same point every opportunity. We get it, the fee was high, get the **** over it.

Still better than the only loser still trying to belittle me getting to really meet and interview a true legend Robbie Fowler, as opposed to trying to lay claim to "meeting" some no bit loser A League player who celebrates winning a penalty by diving *yawn*

Two things there:

1) I met Robbie Fowler, a number of times, whilst he was over here, and unlike you I managed to not giggle like a little schoolgirl. He's a person, no more, no less. I'm not going to blow my load simply because he scored a few goals when I was a teenager.

2) My mentioning I'd met Berisha was simply quantifying he wasn't a complete ****, and idiots like you (who claimed he dived, when every bit of evidence shows the opposite) took that as some massive deal. It really isn't irregular over here to meet sporting personalities, we do tend to have a number of them.

Archived