The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he used to be good :(

He was great against us, best Striker we've been up against this year.

We're so poor. Only listened on the radio today as tickets (again) sold out before I got round to it, but we sounded just like we've been all year. Boring boring West Ham.

James Beattie was at St Mary's today and apparently went in the player's entrance...

large.jpg

A James Beattie circa 2003 I'd like, not sure we need him in 2011. Still would be nice to see him back at the club, if he accepts he is second fiddle to Rickie Lambert. Adkins denied earlier in the week reports in the local paper that the club have been talking to him. Maybe things have changed? Or maybe as his wife is from the area, he was just taking in a game at an old club where he made his name.

what a goal from joe ralls yesterday, was in disbelief after i stopped celebrating and looked to the pitch that it was our 17 year old number 52 who the team were all congratulating!

After a poor first half performance, we were so on top 2nd half for a good 20 mins. Mason had a shot that basso somehow saved from going in, then the pen that wasn't, joke! the linesman didnt even have his flag up when told to consult. he had carried on completely, not stood there with it up waiting for the ref too see it, ****ing incompecy, joke.

but we had 3 strikers injured, a young lad who isn't a striker playing as target man on his own then a centre half up front for the last 5. add a couple of other injuries in and i just can't complain at the performance or heart the players showed, it was just a step too far with a limited squad atm.

normally don't like international breaks but this one has come at the exact right time.

love mackay.

btw award for ******** chant of the day to try and get going goes to a group of about 10 cardiff fans near me...

joe mason mason

he's better than ashley young

he's probably twice as young

joe mason mason

:D :/

Nope. Our fans take that with one we sung yesterday:

Oh Kasper, whoaoh

Oh Kasper, whoaoh

He's great between the posts,

He's named after a ghost.

Oh Kasper, whoah...

:D

What is your opinion on him?

Me and BBC have disagreed over whether he should go or not..

Don't like him, never really have tbh. Don't like his style of football. Results aren't coming despite having a very good first 11 and paying high wages.

If results don't pick up soon he can go.

what a goal from joe ralls yesterday, was in disbelief after i stopped celebrating and looked to the pitch that it was our 17 year old number 52 who the team were all congratulating!

After a poor first half performance, we were so on top 2nd half for a good 20 mins. Mason had a shot that basso somehow saved from going in, then the pen that wasn't, joke! the linesman didnt even have his flag up when told to consult. he had carried on completely, not stood there with it up waiting for the ref too see it, ****ing incompecy, joke.

but we had 3 strikers injured, a young lad who isn't a striker playing as target man on his own then a centre half up front for the last 5. add a couple of other injuries in and i just can't complain at the performance or heart the players showed, it was just a step too far with a limited squad atm.

normally don't like international breaks but this one has come at the exact right time.

love mackay.

I saw Turner came on for the last 5. Didn't realise it was as a striker :D

Nope. Our fans take that with one we sung yesterday:

Oh Kasper, whoaoh

Oh Kasper, whoaoh

He's great between the posts,

He's named after a ghost.

Oh Kasper, whoah...

:D

pffft..

Ohhh Erik Huseklepp, You are the love of my life,

Ohhh Erik Huseklepp, I'd let you **** my wife,

Ohhh Erik Huseklepp... I want blonde hair toooooo..

:cool:

Oh and wouldn't disagree with the analogy of our performance yesterday. I was more interested in why the hell the stewards were so anal. So many funny stuff to the stewards. "36 quid, we'll do what we want" etc.. tbh, I wouldn't defend Cotterill after that, but we are hardly getting battered by teams. If he did go though, I'm not really thrilled by the people it could be. Not Billy Davies, not Dave Jones and no Curbishley. Not interested in any of them. Lee Clark at Huddersfield would be a decent acquisition. He's on a rolling contract I see as well. But he'd need time, you can't change a dull footballing team into a great footballing team overnight. Although considering our fans, any new manager would have 18months to get us promoted or they would be sacked so I'm not really hopeful of anything great happening.

I wouldn't defend Cotterill after that' date=' but we are hardly getting battered by teams. If he did go though, I'm not really thrilled by the people it could be. Not Billy Davies, not Dave Jones and no Curbishley. Not interested in any of them. Lee Clark at Huddersfield would be a decent acquisition. He's on a rolling contract I see as well. But he'd need time, you can't change a dull footballing team into a great footballing team overnight. Although considering our fans, any new manager would have 18months to get us promoted or they would be sacked so I'm not really hopeful of anything great happening.[/quote']

Our fans won't want promotion in 18 months, I seriously think the growing "hatred" towards Cotterill is based on the style of football on show than just the results.

Nobody wants to see dour football at the best of times but it's put up as long as the results come in, when the results don't come in then people don't want to come watch.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're below 10k against Barnsley because we're on TV, barely over 12k vs Peterborough. It's got to the stage where he's not only not getting results but he's effecting the attendances which paying our CVA off was designed on.

stepping down as chairman, but not owner others reckon, fair play to him then

Definitely the case Chris.

I'll put this here before anyone asks.

This will not be in FM12 from the Start. Data Lock was last week, and therefore, everything has been included as it was last week. That is all.

Thanks.

the chairman ( ex-chairman it seems now ) is under pressure because although he puts in plenty of money, he puts it in at the wrong time, look at the big loan fees/wages we paid for konchesky and boyd last season when we should have been signing a left back permanently, his heart is in the right place, hes a forest fan, but i get the feeling he knows little about football, plus his right hand man, Mark Arthur seems to be an incompetent ****.

as for this season, we've completly collapsed defensivly, as for why that is, i have no idea :(

Good call, although Sean O'Driscoll could be the man...

I think O'Driscoll could be good, however, if we got him would he be able to handle it? What I mean by that is, bigger players, more expectations etc etc. If he doesn't get something will he not talk to the chairman, like he didn't at Donny.

How have Forest become a mess so quickly? Chairman to step down at the end of the season, McLaren walks, 4th bottom. What happened to one of the better teams we played last season?

Saying that, I said all along McLaren was a bad choice, and really should have been sacked a few weeks back, so at least that will get sorted early enough into the season to turn it all around (unless they wait until Steve Kean gets the sack and appoints him :D )

Archived