The npower championship thread 2011/12

Powlay

I love end of season games.

[video=youtube;iSlEedi0Sms]

Southampton could be doing that Saturday, at least Coventry already know they are relegated, unlike Leicester who went down on the day.

2 sides of the coin, crying/miserable Leicester fans, jubilant/buzzing Stoke fans. :D

I remember the season we went up, Sky Sports had 2 games on Sky Sports 1&2 for the last game of the season. Reading V Birmingham on one channel, and Crystal Palace V Sheff Utd on the other channel.

• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our own pitch invasion last week :rolleyes: Bunch of idiots.

That day we lost 4-1 to Charlton youth (going into the day 19th) and we were a Leicester goal from going down after Southampton and Wednesday both won. Worst moment since we were relegated from the Prem. Just an awful awful day and a horiffic performance from us. Kasper Schmeichel was shocking for the goals as well.

We had our own pitch invasion last week :rolleyes: Bunch of idiots.

That day we lost 4-1 to Charlton youth (going into the day 19th) and we were a Leicester goal from going down after Southampton and Wednesday both won. Worst moment since we were relegated from the Prem. Just an awful awful day and a horiffic performance from us. Kasper Schmeichel was shocking for the goals as well.

Were you at the Valley, and did you celebrate staying up still? :D

We got spanked 5-0 at Crystal Palace that day, Palace went into the playoffs as favourites aswell iirc... but failed at the first hurdle to newly promoted Bristol City.

Nah I didn't celebrate was just numb really. Players got rightfully booed as well. Much worse than us actually going down this year as I knew it was happening, didn't even particularly feel any different after the Donny game tbh.

it seems like that was written by someone who had a cursory glance at the top scorers list and teams of the year from last season, a quick look at the managers name and how much money they had spent, how many ex-premiership players they had, and put it together like that.

Worst keeper I have seen at the Turf this season (apart from Lee Grant at times :D) was Barnsley's Luke Steele.

He was having a torrid night, kept kicking the ball out of play/to our players. Mix ups at the back with his defence, people around me were saying: 'have you seen a goalkeeper subbed off before halftime, who's not injured? Because I can see him being taken off' etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15757744 :D

There are plenty of keepers ahead of him atm.

we can let them stay till the end of the playoffs, lets not be mean ( apart from MLG that is )

MLG will be in the play-offs ;)

You can't kick me out of my own thread EM :mad: I OWN THIS PLACE! OWNS IT I SAY, OWNS IT! MY PRECIOUSSSS.

tumblr_l9xbdeDCPA1qe4tx4o1_400.gif

Its my thread, i made it. CMS tried but i drew on the powers of the ring and blew his weak kung-fu out of the water.

And those from relegated clubs can stay and live here till contracts are up june 30th 2012.

We'll look after the place while your gone. (not too long hopefully)

Can't see us seeing the Pompey fans again anytime soon, unless they get a takeover.

Not sure about 'little' Donny, it could go either way. (seen Crewe/ Withdean Brighton/ Walsall all bounce straight back up in the past)

Its my thread, i made it. CMS tried but i drew on the powers of the ring and blew his weak kung-fu out of the water.

And those from relegated clubs can stay and live here till contracts are up june 30th 2012.

If Middlesbrough get promoted, does CMS the claim the thread? ;)

if middlesbrough get promoted tomorrow will be one of the worst days of my football life.

up at 4am to go to palace. urghhhhhhhhhhh

Well they can't be promoted tomorrow, so your okay. ;)

But I know what you mean, be a sickner for Cardiff fans if Cardiff mess it up yet again.

Be like a broken record. :D

I own this thread Powlay.

We'll look after the place while your gone. (not too long hopefully)

Can't see us seeing the Pompey fans again anytime soon, unless they get a takeover.

Not sure about 'little' Donny, it could go either way. (seen Crewe/ Withdean Brighton/ Walsall all bounce straight back up in the past)

What would you think if some of this team stayed? Rocha, Norris and Futacs want to stay at the moment. The two previous will be brilliant at that level, and it's probably Futacs' level. Will be interesting though, I'm certainly not expecting to come back up especially if we get another points deduction.

Oh and Good morning all! Final day of the Championship season, time to party hard in Forest. Not sure how I do that sober but I will try. Apparently Westwoods funbus has been seen leaving the City at 4.30 by Jon! :cool:

Don't bottle it Saints............

What would you think if some of this team stayed? Rocha' date=' Norris and Futacs want to stay at the moment. The two previous will be brilliant at that level, and it's probably Futacs' level. Will be interesting though, I'm certainly not expecting to come back up especially if we get another points deduction.

[/quote']

If you could keep some of this team, and add some more depth to your squad then you could be up there.

Are you not allowed to bring any more players in, untill you get a takeover?

Final game of the season. :( Apart for Brum/Blackpool/West Ham or Southampton/Cardiff or Middlesbrough.

I hope it's a great performance/big result to end the season on a high, but it will probably be another flat home performance.

Archived