Players to look for in next patch

Rather than upgrading or downgrading people on a few months of form, how about just upgrading those players that have proven they can reach levels IRL that simply cannot be achieved in the game because there levels are so low?

Martin Kelly for example had a stormer at right back against Lyon last season, which had every LFC fan saying that he should be upgraded. But since he got injured in the same game and couldnt play anymore, there wasnt enough evidence to support an upgrade for FM11. This season however, he has played quite a few games and consistently shown attributes well in excess of what is in the database - he has made storming runs, excellent crosses, shown pace and skill, yet his current and potential stats in the game mean there is no chance of him doing that in the game. That's a flaw IMO, and he should be changed.

Rooney and Torres meanwhile, while their form has been off for ages, have at least shown they can be brilliant. You would still want them to be able to reach those levels in the game, at least in theory.

Maybe a little downgrade to consistency is all thats required, rather than a wholesale attribute slashing?

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rooney and Torres meanwhile, while their form has been off for ages, have at least shown they can be brilliant. You would still want them to be able to reach those levels in the game, at least in theory.

Maybe a little downgrade to consistency is all thats required, rather than a wholesale attribute slashing?

I point you to the rating of Elano for Man City in 8.2, he'd had a stormer up till that point and was rated highly, before coming back down to earth in 8.3

these things DO happen, like with Dzeko last year 10.3 (deserved imo) and you want them to be abolished

based on your logic, why does Roberto Carlos not still have the CA of 180+, he CAN still play very well, just doesn't due to his age... your point and theory is rubbish

mmm, belgium has no team. believe me, im a belgian footy guide....

as long as they dont have a right and left side defender, they ll never be nr 1. a lot of talented players, individual BEASTS!! but not a team...

There is Eden Hazard, Dembele, Vertonhagen (spelling wrong), Vermaelen, Fellaini, Lukaku and a lot lot more.

Rather than upgrading or downgrading people on a few months of form, how about just upgrading those players that have proven they can reach levels IRL that simply cannot be achieved in the game because there levels are so low?

Martin Kelly for example had a stormer at right back against Lyon last season, which had every LFC fan saying that he should be upgraded. But since he got injured in the same game and couldnt play anymore, there wasnt enough evidence to support an upgrade for FM11. This season however, he has played quite a few games and consistently shown attributes well in excess of what is in the database - he has made storming runs, excellent crosses, shown pace and skill, yet his current and potential stats in the game mean there is no chance of him doing that in the game. That's a flaw IMO, and he should be changed.

Your comments don't make sense - you correctly say he wasn't upgraded for FM2011 as he barely played last year and then say it is a flaw that his CA and PA aren't reflecting his current form?

You have no idea what stats he will have in the new update!

10 characters......

He is in the squad for Thursday nights Euro Game, will become Liverpool's youngest ever player if he comes on.

So? He has played for Barnsley before but he isn't in the database for legal reasons.

The boy is still at school. Let him take some GCSE's before he is subjected to a video game.

He is in the squad for Thursday nights Euro Game, will become Liverpool's youngest ever player if he comes on.

for legal reasons school kids will never be in the game doesnt matter if they start every first team game. At the start of this season he was too young, he will be in FM12.

So? He has played for Barnsley before but he isn't in the database for legal reasons.

The boy is still at school. Let him take some GCSE's before he is subjected to a video game.

Lol, I understand what your saying, but he was interviewed a little while back on a BBC Sport piece on up coming sports stars, and he said how he edits himself in to FM games. Poor boy wants to be subjected!

Originally Posted by Robsabbaggio

Your comments don't make sense - you correctly say he wasn't upgraded for FM2011 as he barely played last year and then say it is a flaw that his CA and PA aren't reflecting his current form?

You have no idea what stats he will have in the new update!

10 characters......

Just to respond Paul, I shouldnt have used the word flaw. What I meant was that Kelly's attributes were about right at the time the original database for FM11 was set up, but are now out of date and can be changed with the FM11 update. No criticism was implied.

Gareth Bale. Just everywhere really.

I'm also curious as to how Aaron Lennon isn't remotely one of the fastest players on the planet. I'd be delighted to hear of anyone comprehensively faster.

Generally though it would be nice not to see some clubs entire squads potentially brilliant just because they are a big club.

I point you to the rating of Elano for Man City in 8.2, he'd had a stormer up till that point and was rated highly, before coming back down to earth in 8.3

these things DO happen, like with Dzeko last year 10.3 (deserved imo) and you want them to be abolished

based on your logic, why does Roberto Carlos not still have the CA of 180+, he CAN still play very well, just doesn't due to his age... your point and theory is rubbish

Thanks for your mild-mannered and friendly response!

You took my point too far, I wasnt suggesting a blanket rule, just that where specific players have achieved high levels of performance over reasonably long period and it is still unclear that they will never yet recapture them, they shouldnt have their stats slashed completely. Torres, even in his last two injury plagued seasons, has still scored nearly one ever other game, so it would be stupid to completely obliterate him. If the poor form continues, then it will be up to the researchers to re-evaluate.

Elano was very over-rated based on form shown for a very short of time. And Roberto Carlos was a great player but is ageing, thats the only reason his stats are reduced, so your comparison is void.

There is Eden Hazard, Dembele, Vertonhagen (spelling wrong), Vermaelen, Fellaini, Lukaku and a lot lot more.

Like i said: no left or right sided defender... all great players, but there not (yet?) a team...

and btw, star player of Belgium is no question about it Kompany. you forgot him...

I would say Holden is pretty underrated though I think his stats look a lot worse because of his either-footedness.

And Rooney deserves a pretty significant decrease. I think it's pretty obvious last year was an outlier and while he's a very good player, I wouldn't say he's world class.

A few Dortmund players deserve attribute increases. Sahin has been one of the best midfielders in the world this season and while he's pretty good, he definitely deserves increases in some attributes. Götze needs better physicals and technical attributes. He's been much better than Wilshere but German players always get underrated. I would also say Sven Bender deserves a boost in CA.

this man speaks the truth, lots of german players are underrated in this game.just look at thomas müller, the guy plays a whole season as a starter for munich and then a great world cup but he has a friggin lower ca/pa than gareth bale, englands favourite hype...

gareth bale is very very very good tho, the thing is, its a german who researches the german league not a british guy, so he can hardly be accused of being biased.

I know that and I'm not accusing anyone of bias but my point still stands, müller>bale.

my problem was that bale's ca/pa is higher than müllers, in my opinion thats a little awkward.initially i was responding to this post:

I would say Holden is pretty underrated though I think his stats look a lot worse because of his either-footedness.

And Rooney deserves a pretty significant decrease. I think it's pretty obvious last year was an outlier and while he's a very good player, I wouldn't say he's world class.

A few Dortmund players deserve attribute increases. Sahin has been one of the best midfielders in the world this season and while he's pretty good, he definitely deserves increases in some attributes. Götze needs better physicals and technical attributes. He's been much better than Wilshere but German players always get underrated. I would also say Sven Bender deserves a boost in CA.

in general there are quite a few german talents who are underrated in the game and although müllers stats are fine giving him a lower ca/pa as bale is hilarious considering his performance in the last 18 months.

I don't think bale should be lowered at all IMO, in fact I think his PA should be raised, but I also agree with the comments about muller, he was one of the first players I went looking for on 11 and was really disappointed, think schweinsteiger is a little underrated too if I'm honest, but this may be a carry over from years previoous when he did disappoint for a while.

On a separate note, I've watched a lot of PSV over the past few seasons and really think afellay is one to watch who is also a bit low on the game. It's difficult to judge players in the eredivisie though so understand not wanting to overhype him, though I think he looked really good in the WC when he came on for the Netherlands too. Suppose the Barcelona researcher can change him now if he ever gets a game there (disappointed he didn't go somewhere he'd play more regularly!).

I also agree with the comments about muller, he was one of the first players I went looking for on 11 and was really disappointed, think schweinsteiger is a little underrated too if I'm honest, but this may be a carry over from years previoous when he did disappoint for a while.

The bayern researchers himself has said that the stats for 11.1 were different to what he posted (and that they were changed by the German researcher based on the WC)... and they were infact rated higher

Upgrade- David Luiz , Franco Jara , Gaitan , Sidnei , Salvio , Maxi Pereira. Downgrade- Hulk, Falcao and all of Sporting Lisbon Team.

Downgrade Falcao after the season hes having?!?! One thinks there may be some slight Benfica bias in this post! Lucas should get an upgrade in my books, been Liverpool's best player so far this season.

Cieran Clark, Junior Stanilas, Fred Sears, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton, Jose Baxter, Andy Carroll, Danny Welback, Nathan Hanley, Nile Ranger, the stand in polish keeper at Arsenal Wo-something (ok i know the spelling is wrong but u get the idea)

wilshere needs some attributes changing, his pa is fine. ramsey can be lowered as his is a bit ott anyway imo

as an arsenal fan i watch 99% of our games so i think it's fair to say

djourou needs a higher pa and some stats improved

wilshere needs to be a natural cm not amc and have improved tackling, strength and atnticipation

arshavin should be slightly downgraded on this seasons performances (recent turnaround?) especially passing and work rate

nasri could have his pace improved a little and some stats tweaked...

theo needs to have better technical stats which are lower than agbonlahors (LOL)

ryo needs to be created and added on loan to feyanord

fabianski and sneezy need to be upgraded also

lookinbg forward to the patch but i don't know if stats are changed?

Arsenal have been overrated in every FM so far :p There has always been an odd Arsenal love all over the premiership (excluding Utd/chelsea/Spurs/Hammers fans) with a huge over-estimation of players such as RvP, Vela and Nasri, alongside the damage done to young players (ala Walcott (who was showing promise then got snapped up) and is now happening to Wilshere (seems to play very much like an arsenal player 'diving etc' alot) and if not for injury, then Ramsey also) however Wilshere and Walcott have shown promise (Wilshere especially, but he is becoming a natural arsenal player and he's now losing that talent to poor sportsmanship).

Downgrade:

Arsenal

Upgrade:

Charlie Austin

As above :p

Arsenal have been overrated in every FM so far :p There has always been an odd Arsenal love all over the premiership (excluding Utd/chelsea/Spurs/Hammers fans) with a huge over-estimation of players such as RvP, Vela and Nasri, alongside the damage done to young players (ala Walcott (who was showing promise then got snapped up) and is now happening to Wilshire (seems to play very much like an arsenal player 'diving etc' alot) and if not for injury, then Ramsey also) however Wilshire and Walcott have shown promise (Wilshere especially, but he is becoming a natural arsenal player and he's now losing that talent to poor sportsmanship).

Wilkshire still going to be 1 of best players in europe in his position over then next 10 years without a doubt and regardless of his sportsmanship

Arsenal have been overrated in every FM so far :p There has always been an odd Arsenal love all over the premiership (excluding Utd/chelsea/Spurs/Hammers fans) with a huge over-estimation of players such as RvP, Vela and Nasri, alongside the damage done to young players (ala Walcott (who was showing promise then got snapped up) and is now happening to Wilshere (seems to play very much like an arsenal player 'diving etc' alot) and if not for injury, then Ramsey also) however Wilshere and Walcott have shown promise (Wilshere especially, but he is becoming a natural arsenal player and he's now losing that talent to poor sportsmanship).

You have got to be a Spurs fan, what a load of tosh.

If Jack Wilshere is 'losing talent to poor sportsmanship' then please let the Barcelona midfield know to do this same, because they got dominated by Jack last night. I have seen every single minute of Jacks playing time for Arsenal and I haven't seen him dive once.

Jog on.

this thread is all based on posters coming in and saying players from teams they support are under-rated or basing things on media hype. the one player i will comment on is martin kelly, yes i am a liverpool fan but anyone who denys this kid needs a boost knows jack about football.

lol the irony of it.

From what I've seen, I'd like to see some improvements to:

Oxlade-Chamberlain

McEachran

Connor Wickham (CA wise, needs a little boost I think, not a huge one)

David Luiz

Jerome Thomas

Luke Varney

Moussa Dembele (Just his finishing really, I think it's a little better than 7)

Other than that, I think SI have got it pretty spot on

I'd be interested in seeing Dale Jennings, I know he already has reasonable potential, but has been turning in some excellent displays for Tranmere, scoring some wonderful goals in the process.

:thup:

The only reason he isn't getting as much press is that he hasn't come through Southampton's system. I mentioned him a few weeks ago on this thread, and I think you're the only one to name him as well.

Good shout about Jennings there, I've been impressed with what I've seen, also perhaps James Forrest at Celtic, he's looked great when I've seen him, and if you compare his stats to someone like John Fleck, they both seem about equal IRL to me but Forrest's stats are much lower

Gareth Bale. Just everywhere really.

I'm also curious as to how Aaron Lennon isn't remotely one of the fastest players on the planet. I'd be delighted to hear of anyone comprehensively faster.

Generally though it would be nice not to see some clubs entire squads potentially brilliant just because they are a big club.

Not a spurs fan, but i must agree with Mr Vonblade.

You dont see many straight sprints, but i can't remember the last time anyone got near Lennon! His acceleration, agility/balance is phenomonal.

Prem players I have seen who perform above their fm counterparts:

Cheick Tiote - has played well in his beginnings at Newcastle and certainly looks to be worthy of a few points extra so he really locks down that DM role.

Seamus Coleman - Could possibly do with a few points extra and certainly M/L adding to his positions

Magno Vieira - (Fleetwood Town) is a bit of a beast who deserves a higher rating than Donnelly

Danny Simpson - knocking on the england door (because we have 0 rightbacks in this country) was hampered by injury at the start of the season and just plain sucks on FM

Definitely would like to see some stats move round, i f for no other reason than to make starting a new game a bit more interesting.

Archived