Official Patch 11.2 Feedback thread

i was unaware of this. when i installed the game - after 11.1.1 i don't recall steam asking me which game i wanted to install.

Ahh right i see what you mean. My incorrect understanding of what you can do. You are right Steam patches up to date (11.2) then when you start a game you asked what version you want(11.1.1 or 11.2).

Sorry about the confusion. My shorthand to blame :)

As for rolling back the pc re restore system not something i really want to do.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
- Prevented really top players from being touted around for really low values

- Fixed clubs offering you players that aren't interested in joining you

- Fixed some issues to make it easier to offload players via the use of offer to clubs

Does this fixes work on games started with the 11.1.1 patch?

Ahh right i see what you mean. My incorrect understanding of what you can do. You are right Steam patches up to date (11.2) then when you start a game you asked what version you want(11.1.1 or 11.2).

Sorry about the confusion. My shorthand to blame :)

:) that's what i thought. so people that are having the save game / polish leagues issue, just have to sit tight.

I know everyone is busy fixing the save-game issue, but I had a quick query before I start a new game. One of the main issues with transfers for me was that big players weren't getting picked up when they were listed. For example, if Tevez got transfer-listed in real life, a lot of the big clubs would likely try to snap him up... on the game he would just rot at Man City with no-one prepared to buy him. I've read through the patch notes, but will this side of the transfer problems be addressed by the patch?

:) that's what i thought. so people that are having the save game / polish leagues issue, just have to sit tight.

Yes, your right. But unforunatley for people like me with steam and who thought that it was ok went ahead and now find themselves in limbo land...:( Unless i go through the whole process of a reinstall>>>>!!

We're looking into a fix so I wouldn't abandon your save just yet. Again massive apologies for the issue

Thanks Ant. I am reading this post backwards...so apologies because you had already said this earlier. I am trying all the things that have been suggested in the vain hope that one works and no hotfix will be needed for me.

If you read what has been said you will find info for us steam users. It appears to me that it is best to follow instructions given see my post above then reinstall game then use 11.1.1 (you will be offered the facility to do so) until they fix the patch 11.2?

I have read what has been said...unfortunately I have been reading the post backwards...I am trying all the fixes suggested as we speak.

• Administrators
Does this fixes work on games started with the 11.1.1 patch?

Yes, the patch will update any version with those fixes, although in some cases you may have to wait for the next transfer window for changes to take effect.

All Byteshield Users:

Please install the 11.1.1 patch before installing the 11.2 patch, else it will not download correctly. DO NOT patch from 11.0 straight to 11.2.

Sorry Neil, I tried this and no luck. I manually uninstalled, then reinstalled patching as you suggested. Also tried running as admin with firewall disabled, and had the same problem. Restarted, repeated the process, and had the same problem, both before and after another restart.

• Administrators
I know everyone is busy fixing the save-game issue, but I had a quick query before I start a new game. One of the main issues with transfers for me was that big players weren't getting picked up when they were listed. For example, if Tevez got transfer-listed in real life, a lot of the big clubs would likely try to snap him up... on the game he would just rot at Man City with no-one prepared to buy him. I've read through the patch notes, but will this side of the transfer problems be addressed by the patch?

Yes, players are less likely to become unhappy and more likely to move for realistic fees in 11.2.

Thanks.

can anyone answer the situation with the man utd finances. Im enjoying my current save but would only start a new one if the loan from man utd has gone which does not look like it has.

Can someone please confirm if this has been removed. thanks in advance

Just edit it out, not difficult is it?

I have read what has been said...unfortunately I have been reading the post backwards...I am trying all the fixes suggested as we speak.

I am stumped even when i roll back and start a new game i cannot load the old saves!! Total shambles. So ignore my advice and await to see what they can offer but do not hold your breath!

I've got the savegame problem but just sorted it with a workaround - System restore. Luckily i had a restorepoint from monday, rolled back and now FM is back on 11.1.1 and steam hasn't tried to redownload 11.2.

This should suffice until SI get things fixed. It's not good though SI.

Your a genius :D Never would have thought of that just restored mine now and its back working perfectly Thanks a million. Looking forward to the new patch aswell sounds good just hoping ye can get the byteshield problem fixed. kutgw

i appreciate what you are saying but i have never used the editor before, don't have a clue what i am doing with it and it would have been nice if someone from SI could comment on whether this has been done so that others like myself who support man utd don't keep asking the question as well as having to use the editor.

Steam downloaded the patch automatically, fired up the game and loaded my save game with no problems. One thing I have noticed is that during negotiations, once you've offerred something, the button now say "finalise deal" rather than "confirm offer". In the case of a player I was trying to sign, it said "finalise deal" so thought all was ok, but then he rejected?

• Administrators

Yeah that byteshield issue is unfortunately not working either, so we'll have to look into it - we think we know why this isn't working and will hopefully have this resolved very soon. Once again I can only apologise for this. Thanks.

• Administrators
Sorry Neil, I tried this and no luck. I manually uninstalled, then reinstalled patching as you suggested. Also tried running as admin with firewall disabled, and had the same problem. Restarted, repeated the process, and had the same problem, both before and after another restart.

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it's not working as you've correctly said - we're looking into this, but as we don't have any links to the 'updated' 11.1.1 patch it will not work at this stage. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until we get a fix out for this which won't be tonight. Sorry about that :(

Yeah that byteshield issue is unfortunately not working either, so we'll have to look into it - we think we know why this isn't working and will hopefully have this resolved very soon. Once again I can only apologise for this. Thanks.

Don't worry, thanks for coming back so quickly, and for the crazy effort going into this, especially at this time of night!

Thanks for the update, unfortunately it's not working as you've correctly said - we're looking into this, but as we don't have any links to the 'updated' 11.1.1 patch it will not work at this stage. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until we get a fix out for this which won't be tonight. Sorry about that :(

Not to worry, I'll check back later!

• Administrators
So they can put Pires in but cant change Blackburn Rovers Great :)

As is stated in the Patch thread (if you took the time to read it! ;)) the changes at Newcastle and Blackburn occurred after the data lock. We've provided a list of all the changes which didn't make it in.

Somehow, the set pieces in team instructions and player instructions (I think even other settings not just set-pieces) get reset randomly to default. I'm looking and changing them back on each match, it is really annoying believe me. I think that they aren't playing as I have instructed them even though once when I got them all back and didn't make another change I couldn't press Confirm Changes.

i hate the people complaining be thankful alot of problems have been fixed, if you want extreme realistic football management then go and find a rl club and manage them. only if si would answer my question about getting jobs being so hard last patch.

So when I load my game up tonight and find I can't continue my save game because I deigned to load the Polish leagues, I should just stop complaining and apply to be a real football manager?

So when I load my game up tonight and find I can't continue my save game because I deigned to load the Polish leagues, I should just stop complaining and apply to be a real football manager?

Have they not told you they are trying to fix it? have they said well start a new game and forget about your old one? stop whining!

There is something i'd still like sorting, and it's bugged me for a few versions now. If I have the highlights on Key, I want it to show me key highlights. Most of the time it does, but why on earth does it sometimes show me a player running down the wing, a cross being blocked and going out for a corner, and then show me the corner, when nothing even happens from that. It's very very frustrating. Surely the game knows the difference between a key incident, and some random nothingness............doesn't it?

Somehow, the set pieces in team instructions and player instructions (I think even other settings not just set-pieces) get reset randomly to default. I'm looking and changing them back on each match, it is really annoying believe me. I think that they aren't playing as I have instructed them even though once when I got them all back and didn't make another change I couldn't press Confirm Changes.

Could you please post in the bugs forum and upload a save game that displays this please? Ideally, if you can provide a save game with your customised settings that would be good - is it random or does it happen after a certain period of time?

"Failed to create empty document"

Running it with a ByteShielded DD ... so is it ByteShield that is fudging things up again??

I did the restart PC and delete cache thing.

same as him, i also did the deleting of fm11 in the SI folder in either program files or program data, whichever i was told to, did the reinstall and it still won't work.

Have they not told you they are trying to fix it? have they said well start a new game and forget about your old one? stop whining!

To be fair mate, the issue shouldn't exist regardless, the fact that they have said there won't be a fix tonight is also pretty poor considering they have messed a lot of people's games up!

Yeah, that's right. We'll just put up and shut up. FM11 has been shoddy, release-wise. The yellow card thing in Spain. Now this. In any case, I never said I wasn't going to start a new game. Just think it's really rubbish that the new patch ruins a previous save game and then we have to wait for a fix that may not even ever be forthcoming.

Yeah, that's right. We'll just put up and shut up. FM11 has been shoddy, release-wise. The yellow card thing in Spain. Now this. In any case, I never said I wasn't going to start a new game. Just think it's really rubbish that the new patch ruins a previous save game and then we have to wait for a fix that may not even ever be forthcoming.

I understand where you come from in those terms but what I'm saying is yes it is bad that they have made this mistake but for alot of people the problems have been solved to a degree. Maybe I'm not so bothered as I don't play with the polish leagues, I think there are so many games out there with problems, issues and so forth that are all about gameplay but where this is more of a simulation game alot of the problems faced are down to being unrealistic compared to what happens in rl.

Could you please post in the bugs forum and upload a save game that displays this please? Ideally, if you can provide a save game with your customised settings that would be good - is it random or does it happen after a certain period of time?

I check on a match-to-match (when I'm into the match before the first team-talk) bases (sometimes they are, sometimes they are not - random) so I'm not sure when does it occur. The boxes are greyed out and changed to default and I just click on them to change them as I want them (not choosing from the drop-down menu but just clicking them).

Ok, so after seeing my save wouldn't load I go and start a new game, MLS Colorado like every first save I make, and right off the bat the same issues I started with still remain.

First your database team still needs to pull their heads out of you know where and realize that MLS teams -DO NOT- have youth teams and therefor starting with youth coaches on staff is the most moronic thing you can do.

So then I go and find the first coach I can to see if the second obvious issue was there... Sure enough my board will only allow me to pay a wage of 40K/yr MAX for a coach. That's no where near enough for a team at that level. I remember Hereford's max in nPower 2 was only 5K/yr lower then then Colorado. I think Colorado can afford to pay a coach more then a manager at McDonalds.

From the patch notes:

- Fixed discrepancy in wage amounts that can be offered.

Now Obviously I don't know exactly what that covers as it's extremely vague, but this sounds like it should have direct relation to the wage that can be offered to a coach. I'm curious to see if the bugs I found with Hereford and player/coach contracts are fixed. If they aren't then SI's not being diligent enough, if they are then MLS is getting ignored again.

Both the issues I talked about numerous times in both bug forums and the general forums, so they can't be unknown and nor could they be very hard to fix.

These are just the things I saw in-game in 5 minutes after creating a new save. Last time I had to hire player/coaches for my Colorado save which would have been a problem except for the registration bug. Now that the reg bug is fixed, and it is I just checked, then the coach contracts are even more problematic.

Combine this with the complete and total failure of saves compatibility in Steam.... and no you can't blame Steam itself, SI needed to test it more (at all?), the only companies I've ever had troubles with in Steam are Bethesda and SI (to be fair Bethesda is just a half a$$ companies, SI is just small)... and my view of 11.2 is poor to start with.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... MLS is different and causes issues sure, but SI if you aren't going to give the MLS the time and effort it needs to be at least half decent then DON"T make it playable. I don't have a problem playing other leagues but I want to play MLS since it's available. Too bad it makes you guys look terrible because you continually half a$$ it, having it playable means you -need- to make a better effort to have it the same quality as the standard leagues, it being different is no excuse.

• SI Staff
Originally Posted by StormenDK

"Failed to create empty document"

Running it with a ByteShielded DD ... so is it ByteShield that is fudging things up again??

I did the restart PC and delete cache thing.

Same issue here, not impressed with byteshield at all this year!

We apologise for this issue. We are looking into fixing this as soon as possible, but this is unlikely to be tonight.

Archived