Official Patch 11.2 Feedback thread

(Hijacked Post)

*PLEASE NOTE*

We're aware of an issue with attempting to load up older save games with the Polish leagues loaded - your save game will not load in 11.2.

This is something as said we're aware of and are looking into. If you wish to continue your game and have this league in your save, please do not patch up at this stage.

Thanks.

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
i keep getting to around 10% and it keeps saying: not a valid win 32 application?????????????? please help

Have you downloaded it correctly - is it an .exe file? Let us know, cheers.

• SI Staff
Thanks for the patch but Im experiencing a problem:

- downloaded and installed as usual fm2011v11.2.0_mac_patch.dmg MAC patch

- started a completely new game but I still get 11.1 version (v906)

Any help? Thanks.

Are you trying to install the patch with the game open?

I am having the Steam "Save game is unable to be loaded" bug. I have tried removing cache and settings to no avail. Game has been set to auto-update since purchase on day 1. Verified Game Cache through Steam reports no errors. After previous corrupt save game errors I have the game configured to auto save daily and save 2 additional copies. None of the games will load. Uploaded save game "AFC Telford" to ftp server in game-save folder).

General system details:

OS - Windows 7 Pro 64

CPU - Core i7 920

RAM - 6Gb (3 x 2Gb)

GPU - Nvidia 460 GTX

• SI Staff
Getting the same message. Done the Cache thing and everything told in the thread....Last time i buy a digital copy. Nothing but trouble. Prefer a nice Disk

Can you try re-installing again and making sure that everything has been removed from the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive folder before re-installing please.

*PLEASE NOTE*

We're aware of an issue with attempting to load up older save games with the Polish Second Division loaded - your save game will not load in 11.2.

This is something as said we're aware of and are looking into. If you wish to continue your game and have this league in your save, please do not patch up at this stage.

Thanks.

As I remember I have only Polish First division. Maybe I forgot about this division/

Misha.fm on your ftp.

Anyway, it is not serious.

I will wait your solution.

*PLEASE NOTE*

We're aware of an issue with attempting to load up older save games with the Polish Second Division loaded - your save game will not load in 11.2.

Thanks.

Too late for me !... Can I "unpatch" the game ?

• SI Staff
No, I've closed all applications.

Do you have the game installed to the default location? If not can you try reinstalling the patch, selecting 'Change install location' and manually locate the game before continuing with the patch installation

• Administrators
Something is wrong with the french ligues - does anyone else have this problem ?!?! :

I can't pick France/French Leagues with the 11.2 Data-Update (works with 11.1) at gamestart.

It says "require Minimum of 59 teams for CFA , only found 58

I'm not seeing this using the same set up. Are you trying to use edited files?

Can you try the re-install but make sure there is nothing left in the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive folder before restarting please.

still getting the message, reinstalled 4 times now, anything else i should try?

Do you have the game installed to the default location? If not can you try reinstalling the patch, selecting 'Change install location' and manually locate the game before continuing with the patch installation

Thanks Ant I've tried again and again and now I've got the right version.

I had a similar problem for 11.1 but now it seem Ok. It never happened with FM other editions. Perhaps it's me getting older. Thanks.

• SI Staff
Thanks Ant I've tried again and again and now I've got the right version.

I had a similar problem for 11.1 but now it seem Ok. It never happened with FM other editions. Perhaps it's me getting older. Thanks.

Thanks for letting me know, enjoy the patch

• Administrators
Too late for me !... Can I "unpatch" the game ?

Backup the save that was saved in 11.1.1.

Uninstall the game

Reinstall the game and reinstall the 11.1.1 patch if you want to continue your game.

This is for disk-in-tray users only at present.

Hopefully there will be further news.

Nice to see a new patch, there is a slight bug or just an annoying thing that I would like to see ammended. When you are in a match it is really annoying when in the text it constantly says that the other team have gone more attacking or more defensive every other minute, this should be fixed imo.

Anyone who's suffering with 'the save game could not be loaded' - can you PLEASE do the following:

What version are you running? (Steam/Boxed/Digital Download)

Have you installed any of the patches previously (11.1 or 11.1.1)?

Delete your settings folder as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066654&viewfull=1#post6066654

Hi, I'm also experiencing the issue with save games not loading after patch.

I'm Using Steam, did not install any patches manually, so not sure which version was previously. Deleting a cache folder or settings did not help, validating integriti via Steam found and reaquired 26 failed files, but problem still persists. Uploaded a save game to an FTP - "knutux_does-not-open-after-11.2-patch.fm".

Can you try the re-install but make sure there is nothing left in the C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive folder before restarting please.

I have this problem also. reinstalled making sure nothing left in folder and error message is same

Hi Neil,

Anyone who's suffering with 'the save game could not be loaded' - can you PLEASE do the following:

What version are you running? (Steam/Boxed/Digital Download)

Steam Version on Windows 7

Have you installed any of the patches previously (11.1 or 11.1.1)?

All patches were automatically installed by steam

It's done but it's always the same error.

Once this is done, try loading the game again. If you still cannot load it, upload your save game to the FTP and we'll take a look. FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/154054-FTP-Details

Let me know, thanks.

My save game name is yolker.fm in /fm/game-save/

Thank's for your help.

*PLEASE NOTE*

We're aware of an issue with attempting to load up older save games with the Polish Leagues loaded - your save game will not load in 11.2.

Thanks.

I'm running the Polish Second Division and have already installed patch 11.2. I have a few questions if you could answer them for me.

Can I revert back to 11.1.1? If so, how? Is it as simple as deleting the 11.2 file from my 'Sports Interactive Folder' in 'My Computer'? Would this then fix my problem?

Thanks.

I'm not seeing this using the same set up. Are you trying to use edited files?

No im doing the setup without any edited files

Must be something wrong on my side then...maybe i should do a clean install

but with 11.1 it works...just 1 CFA team is missing after 11.2 update (strange)

P.S. im using the 11.2 Bytheshield PC Patch - could be there somewhere an error ?!?!?! (before i try to resinstall)

• Administrators

for users running poland second division and have already patched:

backup the save that was saved in 11.1.1.

Uninstall the game

reinstall the game and reinstall the 11.1.1 patch if you want to continue your game.

This is for disk-in-tray users only at present.

Hopefully there will be further news.

• Administrators
still getting the message, reinstalled 4 times now, anything else i should try?

Do you have the Polish league loaded? If so it will not load. You'll either have to uninstall and reinstall patching back to 11.1.1 or wait until we release a fix for this issue. Apologies you've encountered this issue.

Do you have the Polish league loaded? If so it will not load. You'll either have to uninstall and reinstall patching back to 11.1.1 or wait until we release a fix for this issue. Apologies you've encountered this issue.

i've done a complete reinstall, i can't even open fm11. thats when the message appears

• Administrators
When you say 'backup the save that was saved in 11.1.1.', how do I do this. I'm not very techical. Do you mean create a copy of that file somewhere else?

If you saved that save before you patched to 11.2, then back up that save.

Its just to ensure that the uninstall process does not delete your game saves and you have it to hand :thup:

• Administrators
i've done a complete reinstall, i can't even open fm11. thats when the message appears

Do a manual uninstall as shown here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/233554-Football-Manager-2011-FAQ?p=6066652&viewfull=1#post6066652

Reinstall and patch back up to 11.1.1 - let me know how you get on, thanks.

Hey guys its gonna take me about 5 hours to re download and re install the game because of my slow internet connection. Any chance there will be a quick fix to the Byteshield failed to create a blank document error without having to re install the game? Thanks in advance

Archived