Football Manager 2011 demo information

You can play your games offline though cant you ?

Yes you can. You only need to go online to download the Steam client and then download the game. As mentioned multiple times already...

Unless of course you're not solely talking about FM series...an internet based game such as Day of Defeat Source needs the internet obviously...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your account is hacked then Steam tend to get it back for you relatively quickly. I say tend to as I'm sure you're one of the few who had this happen to them and Steam ignored you and sent you rude responses :rolleyes: but I've got friends who have had their accounts hacked on Steam and got everything back within the week.

Also, if someone else was on his computer then he shouldn't keeped himself logged in on Steam or be more careful who he shares his account info with.

I understand this, I was just offering some hypotheticals where it wouldn't necessarily be his fault for getting banned.

Guest roberto922
Obviously not obvious or I wouldnt have asked. Not sure what point you were making then as not sure what relevance a download limit got to do with anything relating to downloading FM though ? Unless you wanted to download it 200 times a month, surely most people are interested in speed when talking about connectivity and using steam etc

If you had read my post and the posts preceding it you'll realize it was in response to someone saying game downloads are the future, and then another responding saying that on his current plan he'd be chucked off or something along those lines if he were to download as many games as he buys.

You can play your games offline though cant you ?

Time to download on steam isnt much slower than p2p. I was downloading at 5mb/s over the weekend and would be lucky to get that on bittorrent.

But if I buy FM through I have to download it. And I am not talking about being online as you play.

Why do anything to get your account banned in the first place?!

Maybe he didn't/hasn't. Maybe someone else did on his computer? Or maybe his account was hacked? Maybe Steam made an error?

I don't have a STEAM account. Just that I have seen cases like that and games cost a fortune. Steam can even ban you for using cheats online.

I don't have a STEAM account. Just that I have seen cases like that and games cost a fortune. Steam can even ban you for using cheats online.

Of course they'll ban cheats...nobody likes a cheat. Usually that is down to the admins of servers for each game rather than Steam though. Unfortunately they haven't managed it for the save/reload or any FM related "exploits".

Of course they'll ban cheats...nobody likes a cheat. Usually that is down to the admins of servers for each game rather than Steam though. Unfortunately they haven't managed it for the save/reload or any FM related "exploits".

If YOU want to cheat on a game that YOU have PAID for what has it got to do with anybody else? They should have no rights to ban anyone and keep them from the games that they have paid for.

Ofcourse. But why not ban him from online. Or from just that game. A cheat can be accidental, no point taking away 50 games.

If YOU want to cheat on a game that YOU have PAID for what has it got to do with anybody else? They should have no rights to ban anyone and keep them from the games that they have paid for.

Well in my statement before I am talking about games such as Battlefield BC2, Day of Defeat, Call of Duty etc and not so much FM. When it's games you play by yourself, i.e. FM, then sure...you have a valid point. When it comes to playing with other people then of course cheats should be banned.

This. :thup: On the other STEAM note, I don't like it just because I'm old-fashioned and like to have a boxed copy of FM in my hands. :)

Well in my statement before I am talking about games such as Battlefield BC2, Day of Defeat, Call of Duty etc and not so much FM. When it's games you play by yourself, i.e. FM, then sure...you have a valid point. When it comes to playing with other people then of course cheats should be banned.

Yes they should be banned from using the service but how can Steam take away games that the person has paid for and owns. That is stealing.

Yes they should be banned from using the service but how can Steam take away games that the person has paid for and owns. That is stealing.

They don't necessarily do that. To quote from their Steam Subscriber agreement:

2. In the case of a one-time purchase of a product license (e.g., purchase of a single game) from Valve, Valve may choose to terminate or cancel your Subscription in its entirety or may terminate or cancel only a portion of the Subscription (e.g., access to the software via Steam) and Valve may, but is not obligated to, provide access (for a limited period of time) to the download of a stand-alone version of the software and content associated with such one-time purchase.

Full agreement can be found here: http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/

Sometimes I find the attitude of a minority of forum users apalling!

The people at SI have no obligation to give you a demo before they choose to release the game. If they choose to give us a demo, they have the option of releasing it however they wish, whenever they wish.

If that means that you have to play it 24 hours later than everyone else because your Aunt Gertrude needs taking to Aldi to get her weekly supply of denture grip, then that is called life. Get used to it.

I have to say if I was Miles I would have lost patience with this demo talk every year and would not release a demo.

Miles and the guys have worked hard on this game all year and all you guys can do is bitch about how steam get it first. I am one of the many that steam ****ed over on FM09. But I am taking the word of Miles and giving them another chance. If you don't want to do that, and fair enough, it's your choice, then you can wait an extra 24-48 hours for it. It's not that big a deal. I personally find the way you're attacking the choices of a man who has provided you with hours upon hours of entertainment with this completely amazing game absolutely disgusting. If he wants to release it over Steam first, he can. If he wants to release it a whole week before the torrent on steam, he can. If he doesn't want to release a demo, it's completely his prerogative. So shut up, wait for the Demo, and stop acting like spoilt little children whose sibling got the toy they wanted in a happy meal!

The people at SI have no obligation to give you a demo before they chose to release the game. If they chose to give us a demo, they have the option of releasing it however they wish, whenever they wish.

If that means that you have to play it 24 hours later than everyone else because your Aunt Gertrude needs taking to Aldi to get her weekly supply of denture grip, then that is called life. Get used to it.

I have to say if I was Miles I would have lost patience with this demo talk every year and would not release a demo.

very well said

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP Thursday!!!

The people at SI have no obligation to give you a demo before they choose to release the game. If they choose to give us a demo, they have the option of releasing it however they wish, whenever they wish.

Very well said. Its actually funny how people moan and pester miles for the demo release date and then moan when they don't like how it releases. Fair enough you've had problems with steam before but why hold grudges forever. Everyone deserves another chance and I have used steam after fm09 perfectly fine and actually love it now its so much easier. This is 2010 the future is digital deal with it or go without!

P.s forgive and forget steam is quality stuff now if its only for the demo as I understand the views for wanting the cd for the full game!

WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP WHOOP Thursday!!!

Very well said. Its actually funny how people moan and pester miles for the demo release date and then moan when they don't like how it releases. Fair enough you've had problems with steam before but why hold grudges forever. Everyone deserves another chance and I have used steam after fm09 perfectly fine and actually love it now its so much easier. This is 2010 the future is digital deal with it or go without!

P.s forgive and forget steam is quality stuff now if its only for the demo as I understand the views for wanting the cd for the full game!

yeah and plus fm09 was uniloc DOS attacks not steams fault 1 bit

I understand exactly what your saying and your right. It just feels like SI is trying to force Steam onto people though. I know its only 1 day difference and if it was say a week difference it would be a different story but....

Im sure im not alone here with the issues with Steam and it seems unfair that SI are releasing it in this way. It should be released at the same time for everybody then everybody is happy. This is just the start of it, wait till tomorrow when all the other 'Steam Haters' find out what is going on :p

Anyway, I suppose I'll have to wait till Saturday. As ive got a funeral to go to in Bournmouth, I'll be taking my quite old laptop and having Steam running on it as well as FM would probably make it blow up so im screwed. A direct download on Thursday would have been ideal because I could have played it on the train. Oh well :(

I do agree with you to some extent as i also hate steam.

Reason being - i only just got it as i bought Civ 5 and couldnt play it without steam, after a few games i realised i hated Civ 5 as its poo (compared to 4) and sold it on Ebay. Of course the guy who bought it couldnt use it because of steam!!!!!! (Got it sorted out but major pain in the butt, avoid steam if at all possible)

In this situation however its easy enough to download from Steam on the thursday play it til you download the torrent on Friday then get rid of Steam.

Perhaps Miles should personally ring every buyer of last years FM just to check if the proposed release date would fit in with their schedule. Then ask them how they would like the demo - Personally posted, delivered by a scantily clad busty blonde? Airdropped from a vintage B52?

Ridiculous I admit, but if others continue to post such childish comments. So will I.

Unfortunately, I have a thing call work which I have to do every week day and some weekends. You won't find me crying because some student who happens to have fridays off of lectures gets to play FM before me. Good luck to them.

Miles, I have a question - is the editor going to be in the demo? It would be rocking if it would be, because that way we can get downloads out on the day of release or before for people to play immediately on edited files.

You only have quickstarts on the demo. You don't even select a database. So no editor.

Perhaps Miles should personally ring every buyer of last years FM just to check if the proposed release date would fit in with their schedule. Then ask them how they would like the demo - Personally posted, delivered by a scantily clad busty blonde? Airdropped from a vintage B52?

Ridiculous I admit, but if others continue to post such childish comments. So will I.

Unfortunately, I have a thing call work which I have to do every week day and some weekends. You won't find me crying because some student who happens to have fridays off of lectures gets to play FM before me. Good luck to them.

Option number 2 please. :thup: Thanks.

Miles, I have a question - is the editor going to be in the demo? It would be rocking if it would be, because that way we can get downloads out on the day of release or before for people to play immediately on edited files.

Editor doesn't comes with DEMO.

Hi Miles, i suggest to sports interactive, a including portuguese language on football manager 2011, because there are a HUGE portuguese community that plays online and we always have to download a portuguese language file, so tht's all. Think about it please.

I have a question about steam. I haven't been able to access anything online (store etc) for as long as I can remember. If I preorder the game through the website will I be able to download it on the 5th? I have tried uninstalling it and installing it again but it continually comes up 'cannot connect to server' quoting error '-102'. I live a walk away from Asda but it is easier to use steam as I'll just do what I did the last two years and validate it with steam.

Editor doesn't comes with DEMO.

I think it should, I know you can't use a db on the demo, and why the capital letters? I can read. Read my post, it would make sense for the editor to be included. I know most players want to play the game, but if one of the main aims of the demo is to find bugs for SI (because this type of game will have them) then why should the case not be the same for the editor? It is a feature after all.

• SI Staff

I'm used to it, to be fair - which is why I posted such a detailed original post to try and bypass any bickering. Looks like it didn't work.

But then Sega would stick a boot up his arse and tell him to release one.

That actually made me laugh really loudly. Which isn't really what I should be doing whilst watching Spooks.

You only have quickstarts on the demo. You don't even select a database. So no editor.

That is correct.

Hi Miles, i suggest to sports interactive, a including portuitguese language on football manager 2011, because there are a HUGE portuguese community that plays online and we always have to download a portuguese language file, so tht's all. Think about it please.

If you buy the game in Portugal, or through Steam, then you'll have the Portuguese language in there. It has been for many, many years.

If you import it from the UK, or pirate it, then you won't.

Miles. I love you. I know nowhere but at Sports Interactive and Football manager where such an integral figure in the games development actually takes time to resolve issues on the forum. You truly are an amazing individual. Thank you for creating such an amazing game and unboring as well as enthralling me for many many many MANY hours. I can't wait to get the full game. Hopefully my local game store is going to do a midnight launch so I can get the game. I live 5 miles away from town but I would gladly walk there and back for FM.

Thank you once again

Sorry if this has already been asked but haven't got time to read through the thread. Will the demo be available from 12 midnight on thursday or could it be anytime?

As far as I am aware there has been no official word. A few members seem to think it will be midnight - as thats when it will become available on steam - I would think the same. But no official answer of yet!!!

Darkbright - you are right on.............I'm not sure if all the folks on here complaining are Brits, but comprehension, patience and common courtesy must not be taught in the schools there. Nice to hear a person of reason on one of these threads.{ Miles....you must be a saint}.

Good luck with those Shrimpers!!

I'm only guessing but I don't think they release the demo for the sake of being kind, I imagine it makes good business sense, otherwise they wouldn't bother to do it; if that's so it wouldn't matter how ''apalling'' (sic) people are. We're not friends with SI, they're not doing us a favour, we're potential customers and they want our business.

It's much nicer to be polite etc, but please don't delude yourself, this isn't a tea party where if you can't play nicely you won't get a goody bag, it's business.

However, if i'm wrong and the demo is merely a philanthropic exercise to improve the lot of football fans everywhere, I apologise. Perhaps if we're all extra polite we might also get a free copy of the game and a gold star alongside the demo just for being super duper forum chums?

no? boo :(

Miles.....

Where I am ( South Korea) it says that I can't buy fm2011 using steam as it's not available in my territory.

Will i be able to download the demo through STEAM though??

Thanks in advance

Miles or Sega, or anybody....

Please answer this question, A couple of times i've had near answers!

Miles said he would ask a Sega guy about why I can't use STEAM in South Korea, and MAtt- Sega said he would check and get back to me, this was weeks ago. I just want to know if I'll be able to get the demo on Thursday or not....

p.s the new game looks absolutely brilliant.

I was always of the opinion that a game demo was released so that potential customers could "try before they buy". Given that the vast majority of people on these forums are going to purchase the game anyway, i fail to see why there is any concern regarding how the games' demo is being made available.

Archived