Messi/fakeRonaldo/Rooney/Kaka=overrated

I sort of feel like the only people who over-hype these players are the same ones who start threads like this.

Would have thought most would recognise the differences between international and domestic tournaments, while accepting that their performances over a whole season are more indicative of ability than a World Cup.

Comparing their domestic seasons last season, Rooney is better than Klose

rooney had Antonio Valencia and as shown in the WC and the last few games of the season when he was out with injury, Rooney is worthless without him.

Football fans can be so stupid sometimes. Last season is already completely forgotten, and anyone who didn't perform at the World Cup is now crap.

Keep up the good work guys.

I think this is the symptom of the "Good World Cup *a handful of games* = Great player; let's sign him syndrome". El Hadji Diouf???

and the critics might be in full voice now, but that's the story for every player. The real evaluation comes at the end of a career, and that's when the critics will fade away and people will fully recognize the massive achievements of players like Messi, Ronaldo etc

so much hate from the fan boys ^_^

Teams win world cups not players.

The moral of this thread is so people stop hyping up players as if they win games by themselves, it is a team sprt. Sport worshipping individuals.

All these players had money and talent around them in their clubs, yet fail on the big stage so yes they are judged by this world cup.

Continue the abuse though fan boys... You know we are right in our criticism.

I think C. Ronaldo and Rooney are indeed overrated. Not the others. Rooney because of skill, and Ronaldo because of low intelligence. Then we have Arsenal and African players.

Beckham was world class because of technique, passing, vision and crossing; same as Scholes.

rooney had Antonio Valencia and as shown in the WC and the last few games of the season when he was out with injury, Rooney is worthless without him.

valencia is better than ribery and robben? :confused:

Except the lack of goals, Messi has done alright, I think he's been unlucky not to have scored too, keepers have made some fantastic saves against him.

Torres has probably been the biggest flop of the cup (well, tied with Rooney perhaps), I'm amazed Spain played him today.

Archived