England vs Germany last 16 - BBC1 3pm Sunday

jmr

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why is it every tournament, however we are playing the bbc always seem to think we can easily win?

erm no bbc, we are the worlds underachievers and always will be, having said that i hope we win but with winning this all that will happen is the bbc or itv coming out with we can win the world cup... forget argentina next or spain after that

no wonder we are always 2nd best in tournaments

This is the first year I have decided to go for England. I just thought that if Ireland were in it and you weren't you all would support us so I thought I would support England

I predict a great game, but no penalty shoot out, someone will win in normal time with a narrow lead

I don't think we're going to win the World Cup, mainly because I can't see us getting past Argentina if we play them. And I think Germany have a better team than us, just.

But for some reason I think we're going to hit this head on like a train and knock Germany senseless. Everything's going to come together, even if it's just for this one match.

3-0, Rooney, Defoe, Gerrard. Come on. :thup:

All this garbage about the lack of big tournament experience for Germany.

Johnson, Upson, Milner, Barry, Defoe - none have played a big tournament, 5 players.

Neuer, Boateng, Khedira, Müller, Özil - none have played in tournaments, 5 players.

Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Friedrich, Mertesacker, Podolski all played in the Euro 2008 final. Two of those have played in a Champions League final.

Miroslav Klose played in both the Euro 2008 final and the 2002 World Cup final.

So much for that lack of big tournament experience.

Are you Italina? Pretty sure you are but never thoguht to make sure? Any reason why you've chosen to switch sides?

Indonesian. Living in the Netherlands. Supporting Juventus.

I don't support any team to be honest. :D I just want to see the football.

This year, it would have been nice to see Italy retain the cup, but they were out. USA were out yesterday as well. I may support Uruguay and Mexico, but for today, I'll support England. :D

3-0. James from a goal kick, Barry from the penalty area, and Lampard heading the ball from a corner.

Rooney does owe England a performance. There has never been a better time to deliver.

Either we will turn up and steamroller them, not sure why I think this, just got a little hunch, or it will be tight and one goal either way will decide it.

I'd rather lose in normal time then have to face penalties though :p

I can't believe you guys got so excited about a group match against Slovenia. Back home, we don't even start watching until the knockout stages. And don't count on us missing a penalty - it only happens once every 28 years

Becker :cool:

hope england get some joy down the right today, glen johnson and milner overloading boateng who isn't a left back. podolski will hardly defend either so an unfit schweini will probably end up doing a lot more running to his left.

Archived