So er its all been a bit crap so far.

Eoghan_M

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honduras/Chile was great. Attacking football everywhere. Put Suazo on the end of those moves instead of Valdivia and Chile scores three or four.

Maybe extra points depending on the goal difference as well (if it's just based on how many goals they score they will just agree on letting some goals in).

points earned equal to the number of goals scored ......

is my fantasy land wish .... sad thing is it's such a blatenly stupid idea Blatter would love it.

Spain not doing well .... such a shame.

All of yesterday's games were good, I've been looking forward to Chile/Sanchez for ages and he delivered.

End of the Spain/Switzerland game was very tense, just like Cameroon/Japan was. Now the nerves of the first fixture are out of the way, and a lot of teams will realise they need to pick up a win, we should certainly see a bit more excitement.

jagster - Were you really expecting amazing football in every game? Teams like Honduras and New Zealand simply don't have the quality of players to do it. I was actually referring to yesterday's matches, but todays game has certainly been entertaining.

I wasn't expecting amazing football in every game, but as I have said earlier (I think in this thread) I like football without it having to be 'entertaining' as I like the defensive side to games as well. It wasn't aimed at you either, I liked the Switzerland game and the Uruguay one, and I missed the Chile match - my comment was at the '3 goals per game so far in second round' and only one of them (now two as I write) have actually been something like decent goals. But goals aren't everything for me.

I wasn't expecting amazing football in every game, but as I have said earlier (I think in this thread) I like football without it having to be 'entertaining' as I like the defensive side to games as well. It wasn't aimed at you either, I liked the Switzerland game and the Uruguay one, and I missed the Chile match - my comment was at the '3 goals per game so far in second round' and only one of them (now two as I write) have actually been something like decent goals. But goals aren't everything for me.

Ah ok, apologies :thup:

Lovely lovely stuff from Argentina.

All depends on how much Mexico/Uruguay want to avoid playing Argentina in the last 16, might be a decent one.

Depends on goal difference too, a narrow France win and Mexican/Uruguayan defeat and Mexico and Uruguay would still go through

Well, there were a frighteningly few amount of goals compared to recent tournaments but they were dragging up stuff about changing the format and defensive football being evil and so on.

Like to see the stats for 2nd round of group games for this compared to recent ones when this is done, well, if this keeps up anyway

The amount of complaining about this tournament after about 3 days was embarrassing.

A mixture of those too young to have seen no more than 1 or 2 World Cups properly and people remembering previous editions with rose-tinted specs.

First set of games tend to normally be either dire cynical games or one sided drubbings with the odd exception to prove the rule.

Everyone cheer LOUDLY !!!!!

France are out ... they need to beat SA by 5+ goals, and that just aint gonna happen :D

Depends on the other match really, a big win for Uruguay or Mexico could give them a chance.

Nailed on draw though ;)

Even the french don't want France to go through...good players...awful team...most feel sorry that their pathetic attitude has robbed the Irish of their worthy place.

Reminds me of early 90's french teams. Shocking last night and won't be sorry to see them bomb - can even see South Africa beating them.

Even the french don't want France to go through

The French team don't want France to go through by the looks of it. As bad as South Africa are they're probably still a decent bet to beat that shower.

The French team don't want France to go through by the looks of it. As bad as South Africa are they're probably still a decent bet to beat that shower.

Great post - so does anybody actually want the French to go through - the players don't, their FA doesn't, the manager doesn't, their country doesn't...and the world doesn't!

Surely there's got to be someone that does...although I can't think who!

The French won't go through because they'll get beaten by South Africa I reckon. Mexico/Uruguay won't want a draw because the 2nd placed team will be playing Argentina and probably that's the end of their World Cup

Anyone else thinking this WC is yet again another perfect case for the video to be implemented in football? A pretty clear penalty for Spain at the 14th minute would have changed their whole game against Switzerland, France allowing an offside goal last night, the US 3rd goal being denied for dubious reasons...

Anyone else thinking this WC is yet again another perfect case for the video to be implemented in football? A pretty clear penalty for Spain at the 14th minute would have changed their whole game against Switzerland, France allowing an offside goal last night, the US 3rd goal being denied for dubious reasons...
Replay wouldn't have changed any of those calls. That's not a judgement on whether the calls were correct or not (the Spain and Mexico calls were correct, in my opinion, while the USA one was not, not that that matters), but on whether or not they could realistically be overturned by video replay.

Replay would overturn offside goals, a PK is obviously arguable but there would be less to argue if a ref made a decision after seeing the replay rather than just seeing it live. Even better you could have a committee of ref watching replays and voting on whether it was a foul or not, an offside or not... It's quite clearly better to have 5 sets of eyes watching live AND a replay than one set of eye only watching live.

Two wrong don't make a right mate.

France robbing Ireland was a disgrace and I was the first one to complain about it. I probably want France out of this WC more than any of you. I literally spent hours jumping up and down and singing "Mexico, Mexiiiiico" last night :D

France robbing Ireland was a disgrace and I was the first one to complain about it. I probably want France out of this WC more than any of you. I literally spent hours jumping up and down and singing "Mexico, Mexiiiiico" last night :D

There are no TWO wrongs mate. Just France wronging Ireland and karma laying a whooping on them yesterday through Mexico.

Hernandez was not off so the goal was legit and they were beaten fair and square.

On another note this has to be the most unpredictable and by that exciting World Cup ever.

Aren't you a France supporter? :confused:

There are no TWO wrongs mate. Just France wronging Ireland and karma laying a whooping on them yesterday through Mexico.

Hernandez was not off so the goal was legit and they were beaten fair and square.

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/6/17/1523389/photo-mexicos-javier-hernandez-france-onside-offside

Looks like his shoulders are ahead of the last French defenders to me.

On another note this has to be the most unpredictable and by that exciting World Cup ever.

On another note you have to be the most biased person on this forum regarding this World Cup, way more biased than those you jump on for criticizing anything about this WC.

Aren't you a France supporter? :confused:

I'm French but have hated my country for ages and have been supporting Spain for over 10 years now. I also have a huge soft spot for the US because I live here but few things make me happier than dissing French people like I did last night so I'm usually happy when France loses. Although tbf I was supporting France in the last WC final as I can't stand Italy.

Archived