Group B - Argentina v Nigeria, 15:00, BBC1

bomma

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Utaka i am disappointed about but i am glad Kanu is not starting. His last ten or so performances in the green and white have been cringeworthy. :D

Yeah I think Utaka could of been decent with his pace. Kanu should be no where near the squad tbh :D Probably only there because he is 'Kanu' I do love him though :cool:

Nigeria have never gone to any World Cup with a highly rated squad (98 we were seen as a decent side). It is the fact that in the past they had most of the players in lesser known leagues but playing regularly while this time quite a few play for known teams but are not regulars.

With a good manager Nigeria is a great side but they have left too many talented players (guys who do not play for big clubs yet) out.

Nigeria aren't as bad as some people making out. Especially if you go by qualifying. How Argentina don't come 2nd in qualifying with the players they have is ridiculous. Don't mind them but as I said earlier Maradona is a terrible manager although seems an alright guy hugging Kanu there :D

I posted this formation in the Argentina thread a few days ago. On paper it is a 3-4-3 but in reality it will look something like this.

1276024088851671.jpg

Jonas will play as a defensive winger/wing back but Di Maria will not be as defensive. Messi will be allowed to roam and do whatever he likes. Higuin will be the main striker and Tevez will probably play a little bit deeper.

Archived