1. 1. Football Manager 2010 - Hit or Miss

• Hit
    • Miss
    • Not Sure - Head is spinning
    • Haven't bought it yet

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm I am erring toward miss. Simply because I cant quite see what the difference between 2009 and 2010 actually is. The tactics wizard is nonsense and the ME was better in 09.

I think FM07 ME is better then all FM released until now, including FM10 and not even the ME in 3D doesn't wow me either.

Not sure yet. For me FM10 is the best since FM07 (but still not as fun IMHO) but certain things in the ME destroys the game completely for me. It has been well talked about on the forums so I won't complain more about them here. ;) But hopefully 10.3 will make this game more enjoyable again, atm it can be fun but most of the time frustrating. So for me it's both a hit and miss.

1. Goalkeepers failing to deal with passes and crosses. - Happens occasionally, haven't really noticed this, could happen irl

2. The corner exploit. - What is it? maybe I should lurk moar. There's been one of theese on almot every FM

3. Defenders deflecting the ball into their own goals using their backs. - Never seen it, could happen irl

4. Defenders putting the ball out of play under no pressure, often for a corner rather than a throw. - This is irritating

5. Players flagged offside incorrectly (multiple times every match, not occasionally). - I've only noticed this once or twice, and trust me, I've done slo-mo replays to check on several occasions

6. Not to mention the bugs in the wizard - why are you using it? Seems like you're nit-picking here

7. useless backroom advice - They are sometimes, if my ass man tlls me to do it for the fans one more time I'll ****ing hit him

8. staff members forgetting all they know in the space of a month - not quite sure what you're getting at here, could you elaborate?

9. assistant advice still only telling you useless information - again true

10. and half the passes etc. not showing up for the analysis. - not sure what you're on about here either, although I have to confess to never really looking at the analysis

Overall for me it's a hit. Some of the backroom stuff needs a revamp, training included, and scouting is still stuck in the dark ages really, but it still has the addictive factor that makes you come back time and time again.

It's almost enjoyable.

I have fun for a few seasons and then the 'super keeper' bug really starts annoying me and puts me off the game. I know there has always been a super keeper element in all FM's/CM's, but this one takes the biscuit. Nothing more frustrating than your world class striker missing chance after chance after chance after chance. I am still wining games but it just makes me not want to watch anything above key highlights anymore as its all so predictable and totally unrealistic. There are alot of other bugs but none of them are as important to fix as this.

This is really ruining my game experience and I am losing interest, fast. I really hope the super keepers and defending is sorted on the next patch and I will be able to call it a hit.

Got to say now I've gotten used to 10.2 is the most fun I've had since FM06.

I would like to see keepers come out in one on ones, which would allow players to go round the keeper. At the moment they tend to stand their ground and make an awesome save.

I still see defenders hesitate when under no pressure. For example when a corner is cleared by the opposition to one of my defenders they get very confused when they have to turn around to get the ball. Also, they don't seem to position themselves correctly even though they can see the ball coming to them for about 3.

I personally would like to make youth development a bit easier but to be fair I think it is quite realistic.

Most fun I've had on FM since 07. Didn't enjoy 08 and gave 09 a miss as tried the demo and it just felt half finished. Think the year off made all the difference. I do really like the tactics wizard as sadly I don't have the time for all the tinkering these days and at least now I get a tactic that resembles what I want without the hours of pain.

Got to agree with the people who mentioned offsides though, some really strange decisions being made at times!

like i said 25% add the three options simpleeeeessssssss!

9% aren't sure if it's hit or miss.

3% havn't bought the game.

Seriously you can't suggest that these 2 options should be counted towards the game being a miss? If you are then you either on a wind up or just plain dumb!

9% aren't sure if it's hit or miss.

3% havn't bought the game.

Seriously you can't suggest that these 2 options should be counted towards the game being a miss? If you are then you either on a wind up or just plain dumb!

the fact is football manager has lost its magic for the last few years and something needs to be done about

well 26% now

Amer, it's not 26% saying the game's a miss. It's 13%. People who have said 'not sure' I can't vouch for, but if people say they haven't bought the bloody thing yet, they can't even pass an opinion, whether it be negative or positive.

Your opinion is not the opinion of the majority, so please stop saying it is.

Match engine makes it a miss. I can't see how you can defend the "most realistic football game ever" apparently, when the match engine has to create false chances or superkeepers or make good defenders lose all sense of positioning and strikers ability to score to make it realistic.

Team talks having such a big effect where tactics don't matter if you choose the wrong talk you're screwed and being given no help from the assistant except for "for the fans" no matter how good they are.

Many of the features like training and backroom advice just being pointless and not worthy of putting effort into.

For the record I've still clocked up weeks probably of playing time but without massively enjoying them

Match engine makes it a miss. I can't see how you can defend the "most realistic football game ever" apparently, when the match engine has to create false chances or superkeepers or make good defenders lose all sense of positioning and strikers ability to score to make it realistic.

Team talks having such a big effect where tactics don't matter if you choose the wrong talk you're screwed and being given no help from the assistant except for "for the fans" no matter how good they are.

Many of the features like training and backroom advice just being pointless and not worthy of putting effort into.

For the record I've still clocked up weeks probably of playing time but without massively enjoying them

Nobody is forcing you to play it at gunpoint though, if you don't like it, put it down, wait for the patch and try again.

Archived