• Hit
    • Miss
    • Not Sure - Head is spinning
    • Haven't bought it yet

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not really what about the fans that are unhappy

He'll probably be disappointed that some people are unhappy, but only 1 in 10ish are unhappy, so I would think that is a success seem as the other 9 will probably be buying the game again next year. Some of the unhappy ones won't be able to give up either and will buy FM11, I guarantee it ;)

It will only be a matter of time when FM gets some stiff competition thats when I think we might see a difference in the gaming. You only have to see the pro and fifa competition.

What does that prove though? Nothing! You have more points than a compass, unfortunately they are all blunt!

Both Konami and EA have massive massive budgets in comparison to anything, yet EA still can't come close to FM with FIFA Manager.

What does that prove though? Nothing! You have more points than a compass, unfortunately they are all blunt!

Both Konami and EA have massive massive budgets in comparison to anything, yet EA still can't come close to FM with FIFA Manager.

You've been watching too much off eastenders

It will only be a matter of time when FM gets some stiff competition thats when I think we might see a difference in the gaming. You only have to see the pro and fifa competition.

CM will never be as good as FM. They're simply nowhere near. Have you played CM? If so, then what the hell are you arguing with us for? And if not, then you haven't any right to judge FM against CM, as you haven't played them both.

CM will never be as good as FM. They're simply nowhere near. Have you played CM? If so, then what the hell are you arguing with us for? And if not, then you haven't any right to judge FM against CM, as you haven't played them both.

not talking about cm

not talking about cm

Referring back to your earlier comment:

The only competition (if you can even call it that) for FM is CM.

You see my logic? :cool:

dont wot you mean mr archie mitchell

Im awaiting the name of this mystical game that will challenge FM.

Don't get me wrong, competition is great for the consumer and all that. What I'm saying is that what is around right now can hardly be called competition.

By the way amer, I have the desency to refer to you as your name, could you refer to me as mine?

cm is very poor cant even be compared to FM franchise :thdn:

FM10 hit ....there are some fantastic new features etc:thup

BUT............it has been the most bugy version by far, and I would like SI to delay the release of FM11 this year if need be to reslove the problems, rather than patch them;)

some like the new editor are not very user friendly, and cant do half what it should be able to, without being able to manipulate the .xml files

the memory leak issue is the biggest problem and has to be resolved

all in all the franchise is super and I would like to thank SI, :D

it just needs a bit of tweeking.......

BUT............it has been the most bugy version by far, and I would like SI to delay the release of FM11 this year if need be to reslove the problems, rather than patch them

some like the new editor are not very user friendly, and cant do half what it should be able to, without being able to manipulate the .xml files

No! It's the '....................' man! ....................... :D

Most buggy version yet? :eek: Did you not play FM07?

No! It's the '....................' man! .......................

Most buggy version yet? :eek: Did you not play FM07?

yes........................its me....................

did play 07 and didnt get any probs:confused: know many did, just got lucky

its amazing how we can be subjective/objective:rolleyes:

it didnt effect me therefore its great:D

BUT............it has been the most bugy version by far, and I would like SI to delay the release of FM11 this year if need be to reslove the problems, rather than patch them;)

not tweeking but a major surgery required

Nah, the most bugged version yet has been 05. Then 06 was, then 07 was, then 08 was, then 09 was, now 10 is! It's evolutionary :D

And later this year 11 will be! Then 12, then 13... I sometimes wonder why SI bother to make the game, when their customers are a load of ungrateful idiots like us. :(

yes........................its me....................

did play 07 and didnt get any probs:confused: know many did, just got lucky

its amazing how we can be subjective/objective

it didnt effect me therefore its great

I could barely play 07 on my computer. Had to do most of my career that year on a mate's computer. :(

I could barely play 07 on my computer. Had to do most of my career that year on a mate's computer. :(

I got a new laptop that year...................and it worked good;)

did you get any joy with the txt talk guy after/??

think on reflection he cant get FMRTE to work as he isnt selecting the right version of the game to link it when he starts fmrte:confused:

I got a new laptop that year...................and it worked good;)

did you get any joy with the txt talk guy after/??

think on reflection he cant get FMRTE to work as he isnt selecting the right version of the game to link it when he starts fmrte:confused:

I don't think he was asking about FMRTE, even though he mentioned it. Why did he do that anyway? :confused:

Anyway, he still hasn't uploaded the screenshot of the missing buttons in the game. So I can't help him.

But denying that Fifa Manager and Championship Manager is no comparison to FM is being delusional at best.

I apologize for being so blunt, but Baker you need to see that for the first time (at least here in portugal) FIFA Manager has reached the top 10 charts. So the competition is gaining ground.

Are you serious? What bugs are you talking about? I loved the first few, hated FM08, skipped 09 because of it, missed it too much, came back to FM2010 and LOVE IT AGAIN. I've been very skeptical of the game -- of all games actually -- but FM 2010 is by far the best version of all time; somehow SI have brought back the "stick factor", meaning my life has been usurped again. One day there will be a version of FM that has a match engine that looks like FIFA or Pro Evo, until that day, I'll be buying every version since I think SI have "cracked it."

*boo hiss* editor *boo hiss*

why???

some of us like to use it to reflect current events.............and not to cheat for our benefit;)

I have always advocated a real time editor from SI so you can take in injuries, transfers as and when, sackings, clubs going under(hopefully none do:D)bans(mutu is in the smelly stuff again:rolleyes:)

and so many other genuine reasons:)

But denying that Fifa Manager and Championship Manager is no comparison to FM is being delusional at best.

I apologize for being so blunt, but Baker you need to see that for the first time (at least here in portugal) FIFA Manager has reached the top 10 charts. So the competition is gaining ground.

We're measuring by fanbase. Comparing FM, CM, and FIFA Manager sales, FM is the clear winner. If you can't accept that, it is you who is delusional.

Are you serious? What bugs are you talking about? I loved the first few, hated FM08, skipped 09 because of it, missed it too much, came back to FM2010 and LOVE IT AGAIN. I've been very skeptical of the game -- of all games actually -- but FM 2010 is by far the best version of all time; somehow SI have brought back the "stick factor", meaning my life has been usurped again. One day there will be a version of FM that has a match engine that looks like FIFA or Pro Evo, until that day, I'll be buying every version since I think SI have "cracked it."

Um... the ME bugs maybe? The B Team bug? The International manager bug?

Trust me, mate, there are plenty. ;)

see my earlier post

subjective/objective

if it dont affect me its fine(ie 2007 was fine for me:D)

there are pages /forums here with countless bugs.......many SI have addressed, and good for them as they dont have to:thup:

When it regularly makes the top 10 then it may be worth counting as competition. They may well be catching up, for a company like EA to not even try given the amount of budget they have would be scandalous. As I say, when it creeps up the top 10 and features on a regular basis, then it can be counted as competition.

It's like saying Birmingham are challenging Chelsea for the title, theoretically possible but highly unlikely.

When it regularly makes the top 10 then it may be worth counting as competition. They may well be catching up, for a company like EA to not even try given the amount of budget they have would be scandalous. As I say, when it creeps up the top 10 and features on a regular basis, then it can be counted as competition.

It's like saying Birmingham are challenging Chelsea for the title, theoretically possible but highly unlikely.

maybe in a few years they might or man city

We're measuring by fanbase. Comparing FM, CM, and FIFA Manager sales, FM is the clear winner. If you can't accept that, it is you who is delusional.

I do accept and I even admit that there is no comparison and why in my statement do I say that I don't accept it?

I mearly point out the Fifa Manager as reached the Top Ten and SI need to look out.

However if someone doesn't see the competiton not worth it, in few years and will bite you in the a**.

You have prime example of this with PES and Fifa. PES for several years was the top seller and they got comfortable and saw the Fifa would never surpass Fifa. What happen? Fifa did surpass PES. And this is the same company that produces Fifa Manager.

Would you like that SI getting conferable like Konami did? Personally I don't. Do you?

Um... the ME bugs maybe? The B Team bug? The International manager bug?

Trust me, mate, there are plenty. ;)

Of course they are, but is it okay of some of them reemerging like Super GK (who played FM07 knows what I'm talking about).

Man City aren't 10th, hence I used the comparison of Birmingham who are around 10th.

Are you serious comparing a real life football team to a computer game? I mean sure the game is about football, but hardly a fair comparison.

Are you serious comparing a real life football team to a computer game? I mean sure the game is about football, but hardly a fair comparison.

Well, if you think about it the comparison isn't far off really.

You get the Man Utd and Chelsea who have been at the top for a long time now (FM), now you have a team like Birmingham (FIFA Manager) who has just made it into the top 10 really. The question is can they sustain it and challenge Chelsea/Man Utd (FM) in the longer term or is it a one-off.

Tenuous but similar all the same.

Well, if you think about it the comparison isn't far off really.

You get the Man Utd and Chelsea who have been at the top for a long time now (FM), now you have a team like Birmingham (FIFA Manager) who has just made it into the top 10 really. The question is can they sustain it and challenge Chelsea/Man Utd (FM) in the longer term or is it a one-off.

Tenuous but similar all the same.

:eek: Ok a football team and computer game is basically the same thing? Am i the only one that sees has bad comparisson.

Sorry Op for the off topic. Finished by me.

:eek: Ok a football team and computer game is basically the same thing? Am i the only one that sees has bad comparisson.

Sorry Op for the off topic. Finished by me.

It's not a football club vs computer game thing. It's the same scenario using a different type of example.

It's not a football club vs computer game thing. It's the same scenario using a different type of example.

But camparisson between two games that are a football sim and comparison between two football teams has nothing do with one another, because they are two different things, even if the games is about football. If it was another comparison of games like need for speed and GT, or comparrison like Fifa and PES, i would agree with you, but i can't.

I won't debate any further because I'm hijacking this thread already with this discussion.

Still undecided, but I will have another go in third patch, but no too hopeful though.

Still if 13.46% (in tuesday, 16 of February) is miss, that is 77 people out of 572 votes is high then I expected, because I predicted the miss would be way under 5% in about 500 votes or so.

Still if 13.46% (in tuesday, 16 of February) is miss, that is 77 people out of 572 votes is high then I expected, because I predicted the miss would be way under 5% in about 500 votes or so.

I know you are Portuguese so won't understand the reference, but...

8 out of 10 owners who expressed a preference said their cat preferred FM.

You cannot randomly decide that something is not very good because only 17 out of 20 people like it, whereas you think 19 out of 20 should. It is a ridiculous argument.

As for the football analogies, you'd be better off going into organizational structure. SI is 100% focused on producing a management simulation. EA have an offshoot department that re-develops FIFA to shift it into a management game. Pretty graphics but no depth. Will attract a certain audience, which is what they are after. Unless they restructure their organization to focus on designing a football management simulation, they will never compete. Given that they make so much money out of FIFA and will be far more worried PES will eat into that market share, this is unlikely to happen.

BGS are a more likely competitor, but have yet to acquire the experience, and possibly talent, required to make a concerted challenge. Their problem is that for every step forward in experience they take, so does SI, so they are always playing catch up. Unless they come up with a revolutionary concept that blows anything SI have done out of the water, they will always be playing second fiddle. In football terms, it is the equivalent of designing a new tactical strategy that suddenly asks serious questions to the top dogs and suddenly pushes a minor leaguer into the spotlight. Can happen but is a long shot.

The only risk is that SI rest on their laurels, which, from my experience with them, isn't going to happen.

I do accept and I even admit that there is no comparison and why in my statement do I say that I don't accept it?

Bascially your whole post was in that regard. You admit there's no comparision, huh? I hate to do this, mate, cos you obviously haven't checked to see what you wrote, but if you just compare what I've highlighted above and what I've highlighted below.

You are officially delusional. :D

I mearly point out the Fifa Manager as reached the Top Ten and SI need to look out.

However if someone doesn't see the competiton not worth it' date=' in few years and will bite you in the a**.

You have prime example of this with PES and Fifa. PES for several years was the top seller and they got comfortable and saw the Fifa would never surpass Fifa. What happen? Fifa did surpass PES. And this is the same company that produces Fifa Manager.

Would you like that SI getting conferable like Konami did? Personally I don't. Do you?[/quote']

I can't comment on the PES/Fifa comparision, as I only play Fifa. The one time I tried PES, I thought it was awful, but that's just my opinion. Same as your opinions are exactly that: your own.

Of course they are' date=' but is it okay of some of them reemerging like Super GK (who played FM07 knows what I'm talking about).[/quote']

Of course it's not okay. I was merely pointing out the main bugs when asked.

Er, you posted within 2 minutes of me? You know we'll get accused of hunting in packs, right? ;):D

Aren't we? :eek:

Damn it! I thought we were meant to follow each other around and post on every thread the other guy posted on.

Or is that just that guy who's obsessed with you? :p

Archived