A thread for some advanced editing tips

Joefoxon, your question is rather broad, mate:) Maybe you can tell how far have you gone with it, what actually didn't work for you, then someone can gladly help you with something...

I just want to make a simple 10-team league for now, everything I try gives an error.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is quite odd.

Created some custom leagues and cups by using the advanced editor.

Everything goes pretty well but one exception.

The winners and runners up of the final cup of the season are not listed in the history-winners section of that cup.

Also it's not mentioned on the honours page of the clubs reaching the final.

Might it have something to do with the fact that the clubs in this cup are selected out of the winners of the other 2 cups and the best finishers of the league season?

If so, any clues?

If not, any clues?

Could anyone help me with a little problem plz

ok using the advance editor ive made a file with all the countries leagues made playable but no cups as of yet

Japan Level 1-5

Canada Level 1-6

New Zealand Level 1-2

Uzbekistan Level 1-2

this all works perfectly

Ok my problem is that i then disided to make Gibraltar playable by editing Bruma like someone called Made Of Stone did i renamed the national team and put every league, club and bit of data that he put in

i then made it playable with the advanced editor like i did for the other 4 nations but now when i goto start a new game i now get Acsess Array Out Of Bounds if i select it to be playable but the game still works fine if i start a new game without selecting it to be playable

hope someone can help

thanks in advance

It has to do with ranking. Double check your work, we had this problem a few pages back so it might be worth having a read through.

:blush:

Made a tiny error in the third place playoff rankings.

It works now \o/

Thank you all once more.

(still no clue why the other cups work without rankings though :D)

I once again have the time to play with the advanced panel to create stuff, but I have seemingly forgot a few things, so I have a question which i believe has been covered before somewhere, although i don't recall where.

Using the 'process fixtures into stage' and 'hidden stage' allows you to have a background stage with all the fixtures for a league, but with teams in, say, regionallised groups with their own table. So for example you could have 4 teams of 4, where teams play every team twice, for a total of 30 games.

I cannot work out how to set this up tho, any ideas?

Cheers.

I have made brand new CONCACAF Gold Cup.

It is consisted of qualifying round and final tournament. Qualifying round is played on home and away basis, and 40 (out of 41) NA teams are included. They are divided in 8 groups of 5 teams each, with top 2 teams progressing to final tournament. Final tournament is knockout cup, played with first round, 1/4 final, 1/2 final, third and first place matches. Competition takes place in USA, and is held in July. It takes place every 4 years. And it seems that Mexico, at least on this probation save, has problems, like home loss to Martinique.

Only problem is that, there is Gold Cup 2010, and competition is held in 2012 (final tournament). Can someone help with this?

goldcupqualifiers1.jpg

goldcupqualifiers2.jpg

EDIT: sorry for large pics

Only problem is that, there is Gold Cup 2010, and competition is held in 2012 (final tournament). Can someone help with this?

If your problem is the cup name, maybe you can make the qualification as a separate tournament without the year. Then you can just qualify the team to the final through fate action and the way you pick the entries in the main tournament. Just my idea.

If your problem is the cup name, maybe you can make the qualification as a separate tournament without the year. Then you can just qualify the team to the final through fate action and the way you pick the entries in the main tournament. Just my idea.

To be honest I don't think this is possible. If it is, it doesn't matter if you use the advanced panels or not as it would be a Database change. The advanced panels, does only create the league setup..

For anyone making new nations or who just want to remove certain nations (e.g. creating Yugoslavia and removing the current 6 nations from the FYR)

You can use an .lnc file to ensure that the old nations do not call up players (e.g. with second nationalities)

use the following code:

Serbia

"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" 802 1

and here is an explanation of how you can use it:

"FAKE_NATIONAL_TEAM" Nation Unique ID "1/0 - On/Off"

Where would i put said .lnc file?

Just finished a test holiday season in my new Americas Intercontinental Super League, and everything went well so far. :)

I do want to make a few changes to the Play Offs format though, but I'm not having much luck.

What I want to do, is keep my current Relegation Play Offs (they work fine) where one team from higher division plays the play off placed team from lower division to decide who deserves promotion/relegation. But, the change I want to make, is to have two teams from the lower division in the play off, alongside the one team from the higher division; playing each other Home and Away in a league format, with the winner taking the place in the higher division.

Issues:

1). In testing, (before adding 2nd team to play off places in lower division, when it was just one against higher division team), even though I had "league" selected in editor for play off system, the game only sets up one round (ie, only one fixture) and I can't see how to change it to two rounds in advanced panel)?

2). When setting up a 2nd team to join play offs from lower division, testing the rules (displayed under "file" section) gives the following error message: "Number of teams promoted from Premier (3) doesn't match number of teams relegated from Elite (2)".

But, I do have 3 teams set to relegate, and it worked fine on the old format, relegating 3 teams, with an additional relegation play off to decide if the fourth bottom team survives or relegates. The only change I've made, is to change "number of teams from lower division in play off" to 2. Why is this causing the game to think only two teams are set to relegate, when I have 3 selected?

3). Even if I set up a cup format for the play offs instead, I cannot see how to change it to a two legged event, rather than a straight single knockout round?

~ ~ ~

Other side issue, unrelated to play offs:

I have created a "super stadium" with 198,000 capacity to hold cup final events at. Set to "is national stadium" for my created nation/competitions, and set all cup finals to play at national stadium. But in game, my stadium is ignored, and "neutral" venues are chosen to host finals instead.

Is this because I have it set in a "created" city, that possibly is not being recognised by the game? If I were to instead assign my new stadium to an existing real life city, would this fix my issue?

Thanks for any light you can shed on my problems.

Bennico, would you like to make it clearer, are you doing it in the advanced panel or the normal editor? With the test option it seemed that you're doing it in normal editor, but you also mentioned you couldn't set the two leg play off in advanced panel. I don't know how to make playoff has to leg in normal editor, but surely you can do it in advanced panel. And you have to chose one, advanced panel or normal editor.

Bennico, would you like to make it clearer, are you doing it in the advanced panel or the normal editor?

Advanced Panel.

With the test option it seemed that you're doing it in normal editor, but you also mentioned you couldn't set the two leg play off in advanced panel.

I did write the section I mean, here:

2). When setting up a 2nd team to join play offs from lower division, testing the rules (displayed under "file" section) gives the following error message: "Number of teams promoted from Premier (3) doesn't match number of teams relegated from Elite (2)".

What I mean is, under: menu>file>details, at the bottom you can check if there are any "Custom League Errors". If there are, you get a message there.

I don't know how to make playoff has to leg in normal editor, but surely you can do it in advanced panel. And you have to chose one, advanced panel or normal editor.

Any advice on how to set this up properly would be appreciated. Thanks. :)

Ahh, sorry. I've just realised that despite having the advanced panel active and using it for my created nation, that (in my ignorance) all the work I've done on the individual competitions was in the nation rules. So I see that I was indeed combining the two, and I've just seen the sheer amount of work I'd have to do to rework it all now. :(

In which case, I think I'll leave it as it is, and make my next project using the advanced panel instead. Sorry to waste your time.

While I'm here though, to save starting another topic, any ideas on my stadium question, and why my created stadium is not working?

I've just checked, and did not assign it to the created city afterall. It's assigned to a real life city, but still is not being used for cup finals as I've set it to.

After setting up the stage as "league" and picking the team using the "get league stage" option, you should be able to see that at the top of the league setting you can set the number of round and the number of maximum game played by a team, you can always set "2" and "4" there respectively.

As for the number of relegated team from the Elite division, you should set it as the number of automatic promotion spot from the division (say "n"), the same number for the minimum number, and n+1 for the maximum. The same goes to the number of promoted team, the maximum will be n+1.

And don't forget to :

1) Add the promotion stage to the other competition you get the team from (if you set it as the second stage of the upper division, add it to the lower division using the "add stage to other competition" or the other way around)

2) In that other competition, add it to "add stage from other competition"

3) Set the fate action correctly in the upper and lower league, and in every stage of them.

EDIT :

I think we posted at exactly the same time:)

Joe: You're obviously doing something wrong, anyway if you are having trouble activating the Advanced panels use the threadthat Sead linked to. That thread i screated to help out activating the panels. This thread is created to help out editing..

Joe: You're obviously doing something wrong, anyway if you are having trouble activating the Advanced panels use the threadthat Sead linked to. That thread i screated to help out activating the panels. This thread is created to help out editing..

I have the panel activated fine, I meant I did what the wiki said, followed it exactly, but my editor file didn't show up at the start of the game.

I have the panel activated fine, I meant I did what the wiki said, followed it exactly, but my editor file didn't show up at the start of the game.

You either :

- save it in the wrong folder, or

- fail to see the something that is already there. Unlike the file you create in normal editor, the file you create in the advanced panel doesn't have the nation name next to it

- do something else I can't now think of

Has anyone worked out how to make points carry over to a second group stage? :(

If I can work this out, hopefully I can add the missing stages to the Cypriot league. I need a basic league of 14 teams where each team plays 2 games, then there is a 4 way split, with 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12 going into a new round of fixtures against each other and 13-14 being relegated. Can this be done?

Carrying results from one stage to another doesn't work.

Has anyone worked out how to make points carry over to a second group stage? :(

Carrying results from one stage to another doesn't work.

Has anyone actually managed to make it work? I'm curious.

I once got it working, but only from 2nd stage to 3rd stage, 3rd stage to 4th and so on (it really did work), I've tried many things but still couldn't make it work from the 1st stage.

A little off the current topic, but has anyone been able to successfully create a new or inactive competition using the advanced editor and have it appear in the continent or worldwide club tab? I realize continent editing is not yet possible with this editor, so I tried creating an xml file from scratch to see if it would work, but without knowing the proper "enums" used by the game for certain commands, it is more of a guessing game. Anyway, the reason for asking my initial question is that I have been creating/remaking inactive comps using the editor. Some of the happen to be international comps (i.e. AFF Championship, Asian Games, and a few fantasy cups) I would like them to appear under the international or proper continental tab to make them feel more authentic.

Created a league, 12 clubs.

For some odd reason when I create the game one of the clubs has gone entirely missing from the game and a club from the 2nd non-playable level gets added to the first division.

Any clues where that club has gone to and what I should need to do to let it appear in the game?

I even duplicated the club and disabled the old one to see if that would make an effect. nope.

You either :

- save it in the wrong folder, or

- fail to see the something that is already there. Unlike the file you create in normal editor, the file you create in the advanced panel doesn't have the nation name next to it

- do something else I can't now think of

It was saved into editor data, I have 3 files plus the advanced one in that folder, but only the three show up, not the advanced one. It must be something with the rules that is wrong.

I would like to update my Malian league structure to make it even more similar to real life. At the moment, the structure is limited to what the normal editor can do, i.e.,

First Division (14 Teams, 2 Teams relegated)

Second Division (11 Sub-Divisions -> 11 Winner Teams play a promotion stage)

I would like to make the Second Division more similar to real life. In fact, the 11 Sub-Divisions are

Ligue Bamako A, Ligue Bamako B, Ligue Bamako C

Ligue Segou A, Ligue Segou B

Ligue Koulikoro

Ligue Sikasso

Ligue Kayes

Ligue Mopti

Ligue Gao

Ligue Nord

Promotion to the First Division is aquired through a promotion tournament of two groups of four teams (so 8 Teams enter the promotion tournament). For this purpose, the three Bamako leagues and the two Segou leagues have to play out their participant prior to the promotion tournament. This is a simple two-leg playoff for the winners of Ligue Segou A and Ligue Segou B, and a 3-team playoff for the three Winners of Ligue Bamako A, B, and C.

The final promotion tournament then consists of 8 teams in 2 groups of four, with the two group winners winning promotion to the First Division.

Is this possible, and could someone who is proficient with the Advanced Editor help me with realizing this? I would then of course share the file with the community! :)

The thread for my Mali League Structure can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/176798-Released-MALI-League-Structure-(Ultra-High-Quality!!!)

Fury G, it looks very possible, but how exactly do you want it to be done? Do you want someone to simply rework/convert your file into more realistic adv. panel file? Or do you want to do it yourself with some assists?

Sead, well the most efficient way would be the first possibility, since the advanced panel is totally unknown to me. But I don't know how much work this would make and if I can dare to ask someone to do this work for me... :)

I'd love to try, not because I see myself as proficient with advance panel, I'm still learning, but I'm one of those who enjoy your African database, so it's a chance for me to return the favor, sort of:), and I have time, no problem about the load of work.

BUT...I've just realized that I don't use 10.3, I only play with 10.2. I think I can only help if you can find a way around this, I'm unfamiliar with version difference issues since I only play with one version each year

This can be done very easily, the downside with using the advanced panel is that you will have to do a lot of testing (not just holidaying the game to see if it works (do this first) but then actually playing the game to make sure the features work, like board confidence etc)

Basically you need to set up different stages in the competition to get the teams to qualify for the 8 team promotion stage. You can easily get the teams in the larger regions to play a playoff to get the number of teams down to 8.

If you want to send your work to me via pm I'll be more than happy to set this up for you, but I don't have time to test it at the moment. I'm happy to provide other support though, and I'd love to get the league to working status!

I don't mind if you wish to send this work to Sead, it will help us get more users with experience of the advanced panels. :-D

I've a few questions if anyone can answer them...

Is it possible to make a league the number 1 level on the pyramid for more than one country? Or would it be best to assign the league to one country, or to make it a continental competition? Also, if I use the European cup in the advanced panel, is it possible to edit it so it can only pick leagues from certain countries/leagues, and not have to have every country in europe enter teams? when adding new competitions, is it best to create a completely new competition, or to edit the existing one? And one last question, when setting stages, for a normal league do you have to add a stage?

Thanks

For the league it's entirely up to you. It'll still end up in the country it is set up for though.

You can edit the cup so only certain teams can participate. However you'll still have the other leagues stating they have qualified for the cup when they haven't (due to the way they are set up in the game, I'm sure you will understand this if not I can explain)

As for new and existing competitions, it makes no difference whatsoever. In game the competition is more than likely not set up (e.g. the Caribbean Football Cup) but some are (e.g. the O-League), usually these are continental competitions. The competitions not set up in the game are only set up in the database with the reputation, league colours etc.

Stages are fundamental. You HAVE to set them up, as you have to state what rules to use e.g. number of rounds, league sorting rules, top team are champions etc.

My advice is set up a simple league and test it, and if you get stuck come back and ask for help! Just do it, it's such a frustrating experience (trust me I've been through it, it's a fairly steep learning curve, or at least it was for my case as I couldn't ask for help, not many knew how to use it!)

So nobody can help me? As I said, i deleted a bunch of young players to get set for my 1995 update, but now when I click in some players, it takes me to a blank player profile, and I cannot change anything on the player I want to edit. Any help lease? This is a deal breaker!

So nobody can help me? As I said, i deleted a bunch of young players to get set for my 1995 update, but now when I click in some players, it takes me to a blank player profile, and I cannot change anything on the player I want to edit. Any help lease? This is a deal breaker!

I apologize, but what you're asking has nothing to do with the advanced panels, which is what this thread is dedicated to.

Archived