A thread for some advanced editing tips

hello fellas i got a bit of a problem something is missing frum my editor take a look requirementstab.jpg i need the requirements tab to make any competition work properly with more the one stage so i can connect them to getta, but i dont have it in my can some tell meh how to activate it or add or something cause i need it to make any competition work

thanks in advance

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cedrick, I've run into this problem before: Some competitions cannot be replaced in advanced panel. I run into this issue with the Scottish Premier Division. No matter what I try, it will still just run as normal.

Hmm yeah I've gotten some great help from the magicmastermind and hopefully there's something possible still to get it running. otherwise I'll just wait til October for FM2011 :)

Cedrick, I've run into this problem before: Some competitions cannot be replaced in advanced panel. I run into this issue with the Scottish Premier Division. No matter what I try, it will still just run as normal.

Have you tried to change the nation and competition version to 1 or higher, should solve the problem..

sorry to write againn but i got my leagues and cup to work perfectly i am really good in the advanced panel noww.. i just cant figure out how to make qualifers for tournaments work properly

EX. Qualifers = Cup

Group Stage = Group

Knockout Stages = Cup

for some reason the game only plays the first part of the tournament which is qualifiers the winners of the qualifiers never go to the group stages, the group stage doesn't even start the tournament just ends after the qualifiers i tried linking them through the requirements tab, telling the group stage to get teams from the qualifiers and league fate settings doesn't work at all

i would like the two teams that win in the qualifying round to advance into the group stages.

help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get competitions to pick hosts? I've tried numerous times using the host option in the stadium settings, but all it does is assign a random stadium from the home teams nation. There is never one particular country chosen to host the tournament. Anyway, anyone have a solution for this?

You can recreate it, as there is a setting in groups to use Periods like in the dutch system and also there is an other league stage flags setting for periods which is to get playoff teams from the Periods.

It's just trying to get it to play 100% the way you want it to.

Oh and by the way, NAC Breda will start the Eredivisie with -1... Just got announced yesterday.

sorry to write againn but i got my leagues and cup to work perfectly i am really good in the advanced panel noww.. i just cant figure out how to make qualifers for tournaments work properly

EX. Qualifers = Cup

Group Stage = Group

Knockout Stages = Cup

for some reason the game only plays the first part of the tournament which is qualifiers the winners of the qualifiers never go to the group stages, the group stage doesn't even start the tournament just ends after the qualifiers i tried linking them through the requirements tab, telling the group stage to get teams from the qualifiers and league fate settings doesn't work at all

i would like the two teams that win in the qualifying round to advance into the group stages.

help would be appreciated thanks in advance

Have a look at how the Nigerian Federation cup is set up in my file or how LaythonBoy have set up his 5 nations Charity Shield competition), those competitions have the very same format that you want to have in your competition..

Has anyone been able to figure out how to get competitions to pick hosts? I've tried numerous times using the host option in the stadium settings, but all it does is assign a random stadium from the home teams nation. There is never one particular country chosen to host the tournament. Anyway, anyone have a solution for this?

Only competition that uses host is Gold Cup, no others. I tried dozens of them, and nothing. While CONCACAF Gold Cup works perfectly. (USA is only host).

And I have question.

I made GC like two groups of 4 teams each, and how to get schedule to work fine, like group A matches are played on day 1, day 3 and day 5, while group B matches are played on day 2, day 4 and day 6? I tried something, but only one group works fine, while other group is awful.

Every other international and continental competitions with one fiinal competition uses hosts... The problem is to get the game to select a new one each time the competition is held. Have a look at the Champions League in game, each year a nation is listed as host, and a big stadium is selected.

You can recreate it, as there is a setting in groups to use Periods like in the dutch system and also there is an other league stage flags setting for periods which is to get playoff teams from the Periods.

It's just trying to get it to play 100% the way you want it to.

have you been able to get the leagues rolling? still getting the error of too less teams found and some issue with promotion between hoofdklasse and eerste divisie (whereas topklasse should be in between).

I'd like to be able to do the following things:

1. Remove the limit on non-Asian players in the Asian Champions League.

2. Remove the various limits on domestic loan players in the English leagues.

Could anyone explain how I'd do this? Thanks a lot.

in the group stage, you will have to select the "individual group rules" and recreate the group settings along with with separate schedules. i.e.

create group '0' (which will be group A), assign the league settings as you normally do. the select the 'league schedule' option from the drop down menu. lets say you want the group stage to run from july 10 to the 17th. for group '0' assign the dates from july 10 to the 16th and set three match days, i.e. monday wednesday, friday. now create the next group, group '1', repeat the same process. in the league schedule, assign dates from july 11 to the 17th, and assign match days tuesday, thursday, and friday. that should work

have you been able to get the leagues rolling? still getting the error of too less teams found and some issue with promotion between hoofdklasse and eerste divisie (whereas topklasse should be in between).

I'm still trying to get the league schedules sorted. Don't think I have enough time to sort it all out, it's quite a difficult thing to do.

Okay... so anyways, I've got a league running with 2 group stages that process over into an overall table, this is all working great, except one thing:

I can't get the overall table to be recognised as finished, because it expects everyone to play each other once for 41 games. However, the league is 30 games long, and not everyone plays each other.

It works like this:

7 groups of 6 play each other home and away.

2 groups of 21 play each other once, 10 home and 10 away.

The results process correctly into the overall table, which the best 16 teams from 42 qualify for the playoffs.

As I say, it all works right, results are processing into the overall table and nothing wrong, but the overall table won't finish and the playoffs won't start. I've tried changing number of games to 30 as well as ticking "process early finish", but it just ends up crashing the game on the day of the last game before the playoffs.

I'm still trying to get the league schedules sorted. Don't think I have enough time to sort it all out, it's quite a difficult thing to do.

Yeah I can imagine, really no wonder I couldn't get it to work, this is a pro thing :D But great that you're willing to help and let's see how far you can get. Many teams got points in deduction this year, more info in transfers&updates thread.

Dont know whether this should be in this thread, but how do you manage to do future transfers for managers in thegame via editor? And will they always move?

I know I tried this on FM09 and they wouldnt move at the end of contract

Argh, I love and hate this editor.

I probably shouldn't spam with posts like this, but I just need to get the frustration out... I made a competition similar to the one I mentioned earlier, but ditched the overall table and just had it so that the results from stage 1 processed into stage 0, with 14 playoff places with the best 2 of each 6 team group going to a playoff after 30 games. It worked beautifully, playoff was played, the history was stored including 1st/2nd/3rd in comp history and CL/UC places were given out appropriately. I must've run it a good ten times over multiple seasons just to make sure.

So I go ahead and add a relegation playoff that is the opposite of the championship playoff. Bottom 2 from each 6 team group go to a playoff after the 30 games are over, and 5 losers are relegated. All works fine and dandy, relegation playoff comes and goes, teams are announced as relegated(I also set a league fate for stage 0 to say force them to get relegated from that) and I'm all happy and stuff. Then BAM! crash at the championship playoff final a week later. I tried deleting the relegation playoff and adding 1 relegation place to the 6 team groups, instead, but it still crashes on the champ playoff final. I have a backup where it still woks, but no matter what, when adding relegation the thing just dies on me.

It's like a really horrible puzzle in a Super Nintendo RPG that leaves you tearing your hair out and finding out like 3 weeks later from a friend it was the simplest thing in the universe.

It's annoying that working hour has shifted so much so I don't have as much time visiting this thread, not even fooling around with the editor. But, the good side is, with lesser time, I have opportunity to actually play the game without obsessively going back to the editor everytime I see a tiny thing that doesn't thoroughly please me.

I've just found out that one old little problem hasn't gone away: there is no special celebration/ manager being praised after winning a league or a cup. I know I've mentioned this before and I've tried everything, but the board and the fans still act as if it's just a regular match (when the press conference was certainly aware about the achievement).

It might be cosmetic since everything else seems to work fine, but I'd still love to hear any suggestion on this

in the group stage, you will have to select the "individual group rules" and recreate the group settings along with with separate schedules. i.e.

create group '0' (which will be group A), assign the league settings as you normally do. the select the 'league schedule' option from the drop down menu. lets say you want the group stage to run from july 10 to the 17th. for group '0' assign the dates from july 10 to the 16th and set three match days, i.e. monday wednesday, friday. now create the next group, group '1', repeat the same process. in the league schedule, assign dates from july 11 to the 17th, and assign match days tuesday, thursday, and friday. that should work

I tried this before, and I fail everytime. I would be grateful if there was one file, so I can see how that works, as I really want to try Gold Cup as two group cup, but with schedule I want to be implemented. Thanks for any link.

I have problem with competition done by advanced panel. All teams in all added leagues are managed to win league and haven't media prediction. I think that problem is in ranking levels, but I don't know how it should be set. Somebody has working ranking levels?

It's annoying that working hour has shifted so much so I don't have as much time visiting this thread, not even fooling around with the editor. But, the good side is, with lesser time, I have opportunity to actually play the game without obsessively going back to the editor everytime I see a tiny thing that doesn't thoroughly please me.

I've just found out that one old little problem hasn't gone away: there is no special celebration/ manager being praised after winning a league or a cup. I know I've mentioned this before and I've tried everything, but the board and the fans still act as if it's just a regular match (when the press conference was certainly aware about the achievement).

It might be cosmetic since everything else seems to work fine, but I'd still love to hear any suggestion on this

Make sure you have the competition you created set as "Domestic Division" on the main competition tab. If you have already done the ranking levels for the league table, you will have to do it again on the ranking levels tab (should be the last tab on the right on the main competition frame). attached is a thumbnail of what i'm talking about4854811568_c643b130e6_b.jpg

Make sure you have the competition you created set as "Domestic Division" on the main competition tab. If you have already done the ranking levels for the league table, you will have to do it again on the ranking levels tab (should be the last tab on the right on the main competition frame)

I did all those things. But, having looked at your screenshot, the only difference with what I did is I always specify the stage name in the ranking levels instead of leaving them blank. Do you think it could be the problem? This happen to the league and every cups my team played and won (I haven't tried playing with a team that play in the league without playoff, though, i.e. more straightforward ranking level setting).

Hello guys

congratulation for this thread, tips are very helpfull.

may be can you help me with my cup creation.

I'm trying to do the same thing than stevenhp1987 anglo scotish cup (post #329), a cup with 4 groups, with same country team (4 english team, 4 spanish, 4 italian, and 4 german)

I'm trying to use advanced pannel , but I'm no understant how set up same country in a same group.

Have you any idea how to do that ?

Try to add "regionalise groups"... that might help

And, is there anyone to help me with my question up here (1233 post). Thanks

You should be using League Fixtures for any specific fixtures you want to set up, as you can do this by telling it the stage ID and group index.

Groups should work fine, do you tell the next stage to get league stage teams?

Ok what I would like to do is create Continental leagues as individual nations, with each being on a different file......

Then on one of these files have a World Championship that will pull for example the top 4 from each of the top league as such ...

From what I have read through so far I think it's 50/50 whether it will work - so what I am asking is whether it would?

You can create a new nation, but unfortunately you can't make them playable. If they have a high enough reputation, they'll get entered into the WCQs and everything.

You can, however, take one of the inactive nations(such as CIS or Ireland) and make them active by giving it a continent. These countries can be made playable, too.

It plays out fine in the game, I tried it 'forwards' so to speak but it still crashed.

It is imperative that 2 teams enter at the third round, as that is how it works IRL.

Basically this is the format:

1st Round - 4 teams enter, 4 in round 0

2nd Round - 4 teams total, 2 in round 1 and the 2 who lost in round 2, 1 goes out

3rd round - 5 teams total, 2 teams enter, winner of round 1 receives a bye, 2 in round 3 who enter, 1 who lost in round 1 in round 4, winner of round 2 in round 4, 1 goes out

4th round - 4 teams total, winner of round 1 in round 5, winner of round 3 in round 5, loser of round 3 in round 6, winner of round 4 in round 6, 1 goes out

semi final - 3 teams total, winner of round 5 receives a bye, loser of round 5 in round 7, winner of round 6 in round 7, 1 goes out

final - round 8, between winner of round 5 and round 8, one goes out, champions declared

In editor terms this would be:

0 - 1st Round - winner to 1, loser to 2 (4 teams enter)

1 - 2nd Round - winner to 5, loser to 4

2 - 2nd Round - winner to 4, loser to -1

3 - 3rd Round - winner to 5, loser to 6 (2 teams enter)

4 - 3rd Round - winner to 6, loser to -1

5 - 4th Round - winner to 8, loser to 7

6 - 4th Round - winner to 7, loser to -1

7 - Semi Final - winner to 8, loser to -1

8 - Final - winner to -1, loser to -1

I've tried taking out fate actions, leaving them in, nothing works, it just crashes after the final is played.

I'm going to try naming the rounds so that they are all different and see if that works.

EDIT: Just tested it now and it doesn't work. Same problem as before - plays 100% as it should up to and including the final, but then I get a crash dump.

And I noticed that 1 extra team in the final, I put it in there when I was trying something else and forgot to take it out. Taken it out and still got a crash (when I left it in it actually never got to the final)

http://www.filefront.com/17142052/San Marino v1.37.xml

I had the same problem, but I solved by reversing the order of the first two rounds of the championship, perhaps the problem stemmed from the fact that, there being two groups, the game recognized two winners.

Here is my file http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/221326-FMA-San-Marino-Advanced?p=5743966#post5743966 , I had a look at your file to solve some problems I had with my file. I also did a search on the Regulation of the season and San Marino have added everything I could find.

The only thing I could not make good is "Intergirone" in which teams of Group A play against other teams in Group B, and points earned are added to the rankings of the two groups, and affect the ranking, then qualify for the three playoff teams (six in total) they get more points between the phase and group and intergirone. Each team then play their group matches (12 or 14), plus games against the teams of the other group (7 or 8), a total of 19 or 20 games plus possibly the playoffs.

I did as you did creating a round in which all 15 teams face each other once.

Archived