A thread for some advanced editing tips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
someone else who tried to look at my files? I'm recreating the fourth Italian level, with advanced panel, just to create the "Poule Scudetto, but I have problems with the history .....

Try deleting the ranking levels you have set up - thats not for position 0 rank 0, etc, but what the ranks actually do - competition winner, team was competitive etc. See if that makes any difference.

Try deleting the ranking levels you have set up - thats not for position 0 rank 0, etc, but what the ranks actually do - competition winner, team was competitive etc. See if that makes any difference.

this is not a problem of ranking, it depends from "requirements". Deleting requirements, the history works. The problem is that requirements are necessary to select the winners of the 9 rounds....

Hi there everyone

Is is possible to activate FUTURE loans in the game? For example if i want a loan to start in 2010 through to 2011 i would obviously have to use the editor ans input the corect details but will it show in game or wiill the loan just start from default when the game starts in 2009?

this is not a problem of ranking, it depends from "requirements". Deleting requirements, the history works. The problem is that requirements are necessary to select the winners of the 9 rounds....

Are you sure? Can't you select Get Last Winners? You don't need for the stage to finish, just use the Setup date so it gets the teams after they have finished the league. Do you see what I mean?

Hi there everyone

Is is possible to activate FUTURE loans in the game? For example if i want a loan to start in 2010 through to 2011 i would obviously have to use the editor ans input the corect details but will it show in game or wiill the loan just start from default when the game starts in 2009?

I believe this is not possible, but you're asking in the wrong section.

is there a way to settle league games that end in draws by extra time and penalties in the advanced panel in the editor?

its possible if you set up a pre season league in the game with this but i was wondering if it can be done for a domestic league, like the j-league used to be a while back on very old versions of FM.

many thanks

how do I make that the best 2nd to qualify for the next step?

I'm not too sure, maybe you need to create a hidden stage with all the clubs in it and put all leage games from the groups into it, then get the best teams out of that. BUT make sure you set the Max number of teams so that way you won't get the wrong teams.

is there a way to settle league games that end in draws by extra time and penalties in the advanced panel in the editor?

its possible if you set up a pre season league in the game with this but i was wondering if it can be done for a domestic league, like the j-league used to be a while back on very old versions of FM.

many thanks

Yes the settings are in there, easy to spot. You can even use a playoff match to settle ties after all match sorting has finished.

you see... i strongly believe we're still using advanced rules in fm11

we have so many features there that i dought the editor will bring even 10% of them

I hope it's better supported this time. With FM10 it's always save, test, save, test, etc.

I made a nice little league with the Nation rules in no time. It would be nice to be able to do one with the advanced rules pretty quickly too.

can no one help me???

Go to Advanced Rules, your competition, Stages, the stage in question, then League Settings. Scroll down to Match Rules and select the checkbox. Then in the dropdown select Extra Time and Penalties (just click each one).

• 2 weeks later...

OK so I am currently trying to create a British and Irish cup to replace the current League Cups in both England and Scotland, however after created a new competition and adding it in the advanced panel it doesn't appear at all under the competition list and I can't get it show whatever I do. So I am wondering whether it is actually possible to add a totally new competition with the advanced panel or whether I have to modify a current competition?

You need to set up the competition under the Nation setting in the Advanced Panel. If you are replacing the League cups I suggest you just rename them and they should work fine.

Ah ok, I get you I think. But with the nation setting would I now have to add all other competitions as well? Maybe just overwrite the League cup in that case, only thing was I wanted separate history.

Ah ok, I get you I think. But with the nation setting would I now have to add all other competitions as well? Maybe just overwrite the League cup in that case, only thing was I wanted separate history.

I have this working fine now, however can anyone give me any pointers for ranking levels? only I want sides from the League of Wales, Ireland etc entering in the first few rounds where instead I am getting loads of Premier League and SPL teams entering! Does anyone have any tips or is there any guides to getting this right? Any help would be much appreciated.

I have this working fine now, however can anyone give me any pointers for ranking levels? only I want sides from the League of Wales, Ireland etc entering in the first few rounds where instead I am getting loads of Premier League and SPL teams entering! Does anyone have any tips or is there any guides to getting this right? Any help would be much appreciated.

If you're getting teams in the wrong order there is an option in the Stage setup where you choose the number of teams called Reverse Teams - this will pick teams at the other end of the list and work its way up. That should solve the problem you're having, I had the same thing happen before.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to upgrade my County Cup to Advanced Rules, but have no real idea how to get the group stage working. I have the fixture rules idea pretty down pat, but I need advice on how to pick the correct teams. The groups work as follows:

8 groups of 5 teams

Teams play each other twice, home and away

Top 2 teams get into First Knockout Round

How do I set it to pick the correct teams - it's currently crash dumping (which of course I can't read due to SI's bizarre decision not to crash dump as text)

There should be one called local regions. While you'd be able to re-enable the add button by local region, I can't guarantee it would work in game.

I went for an easier option in the end, when I noticed that loads of local regions don't actually have any cities associated with them so they can easly be edited to what you want without the tedious effort of having to remove all of them manually.

If I have a parent competition that contains teams and has 2 subdivisions, would I still add stages to the parent competition directly and then 2 separate competition tabs for the 2 subdivisions, or would I create another competition tab as well for said parent competition?

Parent-Delhi Premier League

Competition Sub A-Bangalore Super Division

Competition Sub B-Bangalore Lower Division

Right now I have added a stage directly to Delhi Premier League which is in a parent competition tab.

Hey guys, was wondering if you could help.

Have just begun using the Advanced Panel and have updated a competition and saved the Editor File. Now, when I try to load a new game and include this edit in the database it doesn't come up on the "Select Editor Data Files" section that you use before the game.

Does this mean the competition will automatically update itself? Or am I missing something.

Thanks!

<!-- transfer max player rules -->
     <record>
       <flags id="field" value="max_player_rules"/>
       <flags id="name_not_translated" value="Max Player Rules"/>
       <flags id="type" value="list"/>
       <boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

<record id="list_item">
         <list id="fields">

<!-- type -->
           <record>
             <flags id="field" value="type"/>
             <flags id="name_not_translated" value="Type"/>
             <flags id="type" value="enum"/>
             <flags id="hint" value="Max player rule type"/>
             <list id="enum_values">
               <record enum="max_discovery_players_in_a_season" name_not_translated="Max discovery players in one season"/>
               <record enum="max_discovery_players_at_one_time" name_not_translated="Max discovery players in squad"/>
               <record enum="max_non_eu_players_from_outside_nation_in_season" name_not_translated="Max non EU players from outside nation in a season"/>
               <record enum="max_non_eu_players_from_outside_nation_in_season" name_not_translated="Max non EU players from outside nation in a season"/>
               <record enum="max_players_in_a_transfer_window" name_not_translated="Max players in a transfer window"/>
             </list>
           </record>

<!-- value for max players-->
           <record>
             <flags id="field" value="value"/>
             <flags id="name_not_translated" value="Max Players (-1 = no limit)"/>
             <flags id="type" value="integer"/>
             <flags id="hint" value="The maximum number of players"/>
             <integer id="min_value" value="-1"/>
             <integer id="max_value" value="100"/>
           </record>

<!-- division -->
           <record>
             <flags id="field" value="competition"/>
             <flags id="name_not_translated" value="Competition"/>
			<flags id="type" value="database_record_unique_id"/>
			<flags id="database_table_type" value="competition"/>
             <flags id="hint" value="The competition this rule is for"/>
           </record>

</list>
       </record>

I am trying to decipher this so I can create Manchester City to only have english players. I think I have found the right sort of code to do this, any help would be appreciated. Am working on it at the moment so will post up how I think it should look like in a bit.

Many thanks.

You need to set up a specific fixture rule. Take a look at the FM2011 competitions download file - as long as you have the Advanced Panel activated, you can edit the fixture rule for the English Premier League. Find the file in comps/eng/ called eng.xml, open that in the editor and navitage to fixture rules. Ass in your own rule for a specific club (Manchester City or any other club for that matter) and assign the rule "Max Foreign Players in Squad" - value 0 - less than.

What you have above are additional rules for transfers. You probably cannot stop Manchester City from signing foreign players, but if you're playing as them it won't make much difference.

You need to set up a specific fixture rule. Take a look at the FM2011 competitions download file - as long as you have the Advanced Panel activated, you can edit the fixture rule for the English Premier League. Find the file in comps/eng/ called eng.xml, open that in the editor and navitage to fixture rules. Ass in your own rule for a specific club (Manchester City or any other club for that matter) and assign the rule "Max Foreign Players in Squad" - value 0 - less than.

What you have above are additional rules for transfers. You probably cannot stop Manchester City from signing foreign players, but if you're playing as them it won't make much difference.

Many thanks.

Has anyone here been able to successfully create a cup->group->cup competition? I have trying for a while and haven't found complete success. The competition itself works properly. I have 40 teams entering the initial cup stage (stage 0), from there, 10 teams qualify for the next stage, where they are joined by 22 other teams. So the second stage (stage 1) is the group stage with the aforementioned 32 teams. The top two from each group qualify for the final cup round (stage 2) and work their way to the final. Now, the competition itself is running smoothly. The correct teams are advancing from each stage and making their way to the final. What I'm having trouble with is recording the competition winner. I know it has to do with ranking levels, but I haven't been able to get them to work properly. Now if I get rid of the initial cup stage, and just keep it as group->cup, then it records the winner. But keeping it the other way provides no success. Any help would be appreciated. If you want to take a look at the file, just PM me.

fraudiay79 I was thinking about that only this morning. Would it be possible to have the initial knockout stage as a separate competition from the groups/final knockout stages?

40 teams enter compname “Whatever Cup, Qualifying Round”, and this is whittled down to 10 teams. There it stops.

These teams then qualify for the next stage “Whatever Cup, Finals” or something, and are joined by the other 22.

It’s a Champions League style thing where Qual Rnd 1 to Playoff Rounds are treated as 1 competition, and the actual CL Groups forward are treated as another.

Haven’t tried it out at all but just a thought.

As I stated in my post, the competition itself works. I actually have two versions of it. One is a carbon copy of the current champions league format, and the other is the one I posted above. Both competitions run smoothly. What I'm having actual trouble with is the ranking levels, which prevent the competition from recording the winner. Here is what I have:

Stage 0: 39 teams (Cup Stage)

Round 1 - 4 teams, 2 matches (winners in the next round)

Round 2 - 34 teams (32 added, 2 from previous round)

Round 3 - 20 teams (3 added, 17 from previous round)

Round 4 - 10 teams, 5 matches

Stage 1: 15 teams (Cup Stage)

Round 1 - 10 teams, 5 matches

Round 2 - 10 teams (5 added, 5 from previous round)

Stage 2: 32 teams

Group Stage (8 groups) (no rankings)

5 winners from Stage 0

5 winners from Stage 1

22 new teams added

Stage 3: 16 teams (Cup Stage)

16 qualifiiers from the group stage

Round 1: 16 teams (rank 7=winner 15=loser)

Round 2: 8 teams (rank 3=winner 7=loser)

Round 3: 4 teams (rank 1=winner 3=loser)

Round 4: 2 teams (rank 0=winner 1=loser)

So cup stage 0 and stage 1 run at the same time (simultaneously) . stage 2 is setup after those two stages finish, and stage 3, the same. (look at the UCL format in the game, if this is confusing). As stated, all this works fine. the only problem is the rankings. I can't get the correct rankings for the first 3 stages. If I get rid of stage 0, and stage 1, and don't use rankings for the group stage (stage 2), then it works fine. With the previous two stages in place (which is what I'd like) I can't figure out the proper ranking levels should be. Any help would be appreciated.

Archived