A thread for some advanced editing tips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying that, cheers. :thup: Still not getting it to carry but hopefully I'll work it out.

Seem to be having troubles simply getting 1-12 of the 14 teams to go through and then be split 1-4, 5-8 and 9-12 rather than being reordered for no reason.

It appears to not be acknowledging the "Process Results into Stage 1" and is taking the teams 2-13 rather than 1-12. :confused:

edit: sorted the teams and ordering, but:

- STILL can't get results/points to carry

- Winner of league is being awarded to winner of the league stage (0) rather than of the group stage (1). The winner of the 1st group stage is set to be champion and the winner of the league isn't..

Help?

I haven't downloaded you file, but remember if you want to have the teams from 1-12 into the next stage you have to set highest ranked team as 0 and lowest as 11 in the editor.

I will try to have a look when I have finnished of my Nigerian League, anyway I hope you join the chat as there will be easier to find solutions when several people are talking together.

It appears to not be acknowledging the "Process Results into Stage 1" and is taking the teams 2-13 rather than 1-12. :confused:

edit: sorted the teams and ordering, but:

- STILL can't get results/points to carry

- Winner of league is being awarded to winner of the league stage (0) rather than of the group stage (1). The winner of the 1st group stage is set to be champion and the winner of the league isn't..

Help?

I've been working for days and days trying to solve a way to carry over points from a previous stage to a stage to be scheduled after the previous stage has been completed, but haven't found a way to do so yet.

No problem processing the results into a PREVIOUS stage. So, while I haven't looked at your file, the only way I've figured out how to get by it is to make a "league table" stage which doesn't generate it's own fixtures and then process the results from the other two stages into the league table one.

But, if anyone finds out a way to carry over points from one stage to another (even if the two stages don't have the exact same teams) that would be great, because it would make for a much less confusing league view in game.

I've finished my T&T league, except that I still want to find a way to present it nicer (with two tables instead of three), so I've put it on ice.

Currently redoing the Cayman Islands league in preparation for the CFU Club Championship file.

EDIT:

I'm trying to get promotion/relegation play-offs to work in the Cayman Island leagues. Failing so far, so I just thought I'd as if anyone has successfully created a play-off between two divisions and gotten the promotion/relegation to work as expected?

I'm having a problem too, I was trying to create the Nigerian Super Cup, a competition between last seasons cup and league winners. Most of the times it is ok, but if one team wins the double one season, the Super Cup ain't played. Have someone been able to create a competition like this that are working?

When leaving a club with no players and ticking "Add key staff" ingame, are the players generated by the team's rating or by the Youth Academy? Not talking about newgens.

I've edited an already existing club, put his rating to 9900, removed all of his players, but when i start a new game, the players generated are total crap.

I've been working for days and days trying to solve a way to carry over points from a previous stage to a stage to be scheduled after the previous stage has been completed' date=' but haven't found a way to do so yet.

No problem processing the results into a PREVIOUS stage. So, while I haven't looked at your file, the only way I've figured out how to get by it is to make a "league table" stage which doesn't generate it's own fixtures and then process the results from the other two stages into the league table one.

But, if anyone finds out a way to carry over points from one stage to another (even if the two stages don't have the exact same teams) that would be great, because it would make for a much less confusing league view in game.

I've finished my T&T league, except that I still want to find a way to present it nicer (with two tables instead of three), so I've put it on ice.

Currently redoing the Cayman Islands league in preparation for the CFU Club Championship file.

EDIT:

I'm trying to get promotion/relegation play-offs to work in the Cayman Island leagues. Failing so far, so I just thought I'd as if anyone has successfully created a play-off between two divisions and gotten the promotion/relegation to work as expected?[/quote']

I've tried putting the results of 1 into 0 but then it sorts them (in reality the positions in terms of 1-4, 5-8 etc don't change, so a team could have more points in 5th than 4th).

When I try putting both the results of 0 and 1 into a new league (2) I'm getting crash dumps. How can I stop this? I essentially need to move the points over but stop the wrong teams from getting into certain league positions. I need, essentially, a table where the groups remain in the league table, but with points added and sorting only taking place between teams in the groups. I doubt that's possible. :(

Must be a way to make points carry to group stage?

This thing with the promotion/relegation play-off is doing my head in.

I've tried just about anything that I can come up with and nothing works. I can get the correct teams to play the match - but that's it. There seems to be no setting to allow the lower division team to actually get promoted if they win it...

Anyone interested in helping out, or give me some ideas would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if you want the .xml to have a look and I can upload it for you.

I think I'll have to take a breather for today, as I'm stuck in a rut and I'm all out of ideas.

Have you looked at the latest Brazilian file Mrt90 have released, could be something there to help you. If that don't help, upload your file and I have a look tonight.

Have you looked at the latest Brazilian file Mrt90 have released, could be something there to help you. If that don't help, upload your file and I have a look tonight.

Thanks. I checked out Mrt90's file, but sadly it didn't help with the problem I have.

His file sets the cup teams for promotion by ranking them for the competition - so basically it would become a league table by the rankings. Since only teams from the same division is involved, this works in his file, but I can't really rank the teams in the "cup stage", which really is only one match to decide whether the Premier teams stays in the top division, or if the First Division team should get promoted in their place.

So I wouldn't know how to rank them. Currently I don't rank the cup stage at all.

Here is the file, if you want to have a look. Maybe we'll see eachother at Magic's TeamSpeak later today, if you show up, and I find the time.

http://www.filefront.com/16497755/OLT%20-%20Cayman%20Islands%20ADV.xml

Yeah I will see if the server is up later. Had to help a mate moving yesterday (bad break up), thats why I was late. I'll download your file when I've put my kid to bed.

Thanks. I checked out Mrt90's file' date=' but sadly it didn't help with the problem I have.

His file sets the cup teams for promotion by ranking them for the competition - so basically it would become a league table by the rankings. Since only teams from the same division is involved, this works in his file, but I can't really rank the teams in the "cup stage", which really is only one match to decide whether the Premier teams stays in the top division, or if the First Division team should get promoted in their place.

So I wouldn't know how to rank them. Currently I don't rank the cup stage at all.

Here is the file, if you want to have a look. Maybe we'll see eachother at Magic's TeamSpeak later today, if you show up, and I find the time.

[url']http://www.filefront.com/16497755/OLT%20-%20Cayman%20Islands%20ADV.xml[/url]

that`s not entirely true

in fact, i set fate actions in cup stage to get quarter finals winner teams promoted

It is, but you have to create the whole league from scratch!

that's not entirely true, veg

take my Brazilian xml, for example

the State divisions and the Brazilian Cup are in the Competitions section of Country, but i didn't recreated them

they show as the original SI's in the game

But if he wants to change the sason updaten date or the start date of the competition like f.ex PL he will have to create it all over again... Since they are a part of the same division system..

Thought I might copy this here since it deals in part with the advanced editor: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=209600

This issue is really driving me batty - I've tried different fixture priority settings, different Check for Clashes settings, using fixture dates and not... nothing keeps FM from blocking the league out of international dates.

The only other option I can think of is setting all 240 league fixtures myself, which I don't want to do - for one thing this is a fictional league, so there AREN'T any real fixtures, and for another, what would happen the next season? Since there wouldn't be any set fixtures, I can only assume FM would force the skipping of international dates (World Cup 2010) again.

The thing is, it obviously must be possible to do this: the Norwegian first and second divisions play right through the 2009 Confederations Cup (though the Norwegian Premier Division takes a break for it), as do the Brazilian first, second and third divisions. MLS, oddly, does not - but the actual 2009 MLS schedule DID.

So what's going on here? Is skipping international dates hardcoded into FM somewhere? Has anyone had success in scheduling league games on international dates? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

OLT, have you got relegation/promotion playoff working yet?

I got it working on my Paraguay file after a lot of tweaking. Check out the file it might help you.

Speaking of my file, I'm still stuck and getting very frustrated on how to get the competition record two champions in one year :confused:

I guess there might be something in the stages.xml (or some other .xmls) that needs to be activated before it's possible to have more than one champion in the competition?

I've ticked the top team are champions in both Apertura and Clausura stages but still it only records either Clausura or Regular Season winner as champions. I've tried fiddling with the ranking levels and/or fate actions (and pretty much everything else I could think of) but no success. And as I've noticed there already is The Project Gooool by uncle ron which includes Paraguay, there's no point in releasing my file unless I find a way to replicate the league more accurately, i.e. to have 2 champions.

And to be able to implement the average points table would be nice, too...

Thanks.

I'll be checking out your file to see if it helps getting my promotion/relegation issues in Cayman Islands working. Does the Paraguayan league have a playoff between teams from separate divisions? Cause that is what is causing me the problems.

As for your 2 winners, while I haven't looked at the file yet - have you tried using the "Multiple Competitions" and paired the Apertura/Clausura as two separate leagues? Either that or the Parent Competition option, which (I assume) would require an overall winner, as well as the individual winners.

Thanks.

I'll be checking out your file to see if it helps getting my promotion/relegation issues in Cayman Islands working. Does the Paraguayan league have a playoff between teams from separate divisions? Cause that is what is causing me the problems.

As for your 2 winners' date=' while I haven't looked at the file yet - have you tried using the "Multiple Competitions" and paired the Apertura/Clausura as two separate leagues? Either that or the Parent Competition option, which (I assume) would require an overall winner, as well as the individual winners.[/quote']

Yes there is playoff between the team in 11th position in the regular season table of 1st division (or Copa Tigo as it's named) and the team in 2nd position in the 2nd division, winner is promoted and loser relegated. I haven't set any rankings for the teams in the playoff, only fate actions and it seems to work that way. I've also set "Other Comps to Add Stage to" to add relegation playoff into the 2nd division as promotion playoff. And in case the game is played only one division active, I've set "Get Promotion Teams From Lower Division If Inactive".

Hmm...I think I haven't tried Multiple Competitions or Parent Competition. Thanks, I'll try that, it could work that way!

Hewey:

A big 'Thank You' coming your way, from yours truly!

I think the only difference, actually, from what you had done, and what I had done to get the teams promoted was that I set the min/max number of teams promoted. I had removed it from my saved file, though, so I might remember it wrong.

Either way. I just ran a test after adding the play-off back for the Premier/First Division and it worked like a charm. Going to add the First Div/Second Div play-off next, and see if it works with the unplayable division as well.

---------

Nice to finally get some progress. I am also on the verge or cracking the code to get the CFU Club Championships working properly in the game. I genuinely believe I will be able to get that in there as close to reality as is doable, considering that many nations, irl, do not participate - and in all fairness I've decided that all but Montserrat will take part every year. The format I chose is based on the rules and regulations for the CFU Club Championship, so it should pretty much reflect how the competition would be run if all teams took part.

One thing, though - I have to recreate the NACL as well for this to work, and I'm looking for some advice.

I've got a problem with US and Mexico, since there are 4 teams qualifying from each, and there is only up to 'Third Placed Team from Division' available for selection. For the US I will choose the US Cup winners as the fourth choice (which I believe is also correct irl - correct me if I'm wrong). And, for Mexico, I believe it's the Clausura Winners/Runners Up as well as the Apertura... however, I can only select from the "overall" placings...

Any ideas or suggestions regarding this is welcome.

They should be in stages if this is what SI use for the competitions. So you should only need to get winners from those stages.

However SI would be the only ones who know the stage name - I use 0, 1, 2 etc, they might not. If they don't you may have to recreate Mexico too.

They should be in stages if this is what SI use for the competitions. So you should only need to get winners from those stages.

However SI would be the only ones who know the stage name - I use 0, 1, 2 etc, they might not. If they don't you may have to recreate Mexico too.

Yeah, that certainly crossed my mind. But, that would require the use of "get league stage teams" - which would take the current standings in the league, and not last seasons champions. I haven't looked into where the Mexican league is at the first two stages of the NACL, but chances are it is in between seasons which would probably mean I'd just get the teams in alphabetic order (season update sorts the table alphabetically).

I'll have to run a test with the Mexican league to see exactly how it plays out and then see which teams I should get.

Have you also checked Giziar's thread about being able to create new things, without having to redo the nation rules? (By using specific code in Notepad.)

Manually editting xml file (notepad) - Relegation Playoff Perhaps you won't have to recreate things when doing your work this way. (Check post nr 5.)

Thanks. I'll look into it, and see if there is anything there that applies to what I'm trying to do.

However, the way I have it set up right now, I don't really need Nation Rules for NACL and CFU as it seems to work good without them (with the exception of squad registration, which is not present in the normal game for the NACL anyway... which it should be - a 30 man squad limit according to the official rules)

I do have a few ideas to get those fixture and discipline rules to work for the competitions as well, but first I got to get the two cups to play out as they should. I'm in the process of re-writing both cups from scratch and make a number of other adjustments necessary to get them both into the game. My latest attempt crashed the game at an odd date, but I still believe I know what is wrong (which is always a good thing, because then you know what needs to be tested).

It's getting to be a lot more work than I thought it would, but hopefully the end result will be impeccable.

-------------

Just a small note. The main problem had been to get the game to add the CFU and treat it as a playable competition.

My previous attempts to have Montserrat "host" the competition resulted in everything appearing to play out nicely if you just holidayed past it. It wasn't until I noticed that the fixtures did not appear in the participating team's fixture lists that I started suspecting something was off. So, I took control of W Connection in Trinidad to play a CFU match, and the game couldn't take me to the match at all. It got listed, but the pre-match notes showed info on Ma Pau, whom I was going to face next in the T&T Pro League, instead of the continental match. Clicking continue took me nowhere and I had to holiday past the date to progress the game (in which case the CFU match DID play out, and create a result, but one could not view the match stats in any way).

So, I knew I had to try another approach, and before I reveal how I went about it, I want to get it to a fully functional state.

End result, anyway, is so much better than I had thought, as I now even get the CFU listed under 'North America', in the menus - where it belongs.

Interestingly... when I had Montserrat hosting it - it became listed as "Friendly", even though it still recorded as Continental on player stats.

End result' date=' anyway, is so much better than I had thought, as I now even get the CFU listed under 'North America', in the menus - where it belongs.[/quote']

That is great. If that is re-doable for other international cups too, a lot of updaters are happy!

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to the advanced panel editing and - despite many searches - I cannot seem to find the answer to my question.

How do I make sure that my league cup winners are entered into continental competition? (In this case, the Europa League.)

So far, I used the advanced panel to select my League Cup in Advanced Rules. The League Cup competition itself is set up in Nation Rules as an "Other Cup" (rather than Domestic Main Cup, which is obviously the FA Cup).

In the Advanced Rules, I have then given the League Cup the following settings:

File Type: Competition

Type: Domestic League Cup

Level: 0

Year: 2009

Base Year for Dates: 2009

Continental Cup Qualification: Checked and set to "Runner-up can qualify for Europa League (if European domestic cup)"

Date Range: Start Month - September, Offset 0/End Month - May, Offset 1

Ranking 0 for 1 team from "Final" (main stage name), type "competition winner"

Ranking 1 for 1 team from "Final" (main stage name), type "team managed to qualify to this stage"

Nothing else is checked, selected, or changed anywhere.

But when I set up a new game, the Premier League qualification rules simply say that places 5th-7th qualify for Europa League (depending on winner of FA Cup). There's nothing about the League Cup anywhere, so I assume I have failed to achieve my goal.

Any advice would be appreciated. :confused:

Hewey:

A big 'Thank You' coming your way' date=' from yours truly!

I think the only difference, actually, from what you had done, and what I had done to get the teams promoted was that I set the min/max number of teams promoted. I had removed it from my saved file, though, so I might remember it wrong.

Either way. I just ran a test after adding the play-off back for the Premier/First Division and it worked like a charm. Going to add the First Div/Second Div play-off next, and see if it works with the unplayable division as well.[/quote']

Glad you got it working!

Unfortunately neither "Multiple Competitions" nor "Parent Competition" solved my problems. They caused a stream of 'array access out of bounds' messages, and some other error messages. It seems that you can't use the same competition as separate leagues. I managed to get the game loaded a couple of times, though, with separate league settings but it only showed one competition in the screen, and when I holidayed half a season to get the first stage played to see if it would create the second stage, nothing happened.

Well, I keep on trying, at least a few more tweaks and tests before I give up...

You can't use the nations rules and the advanced rules together in one file...

So I just have to save the advanced rule changes to a new xml file and then load that with the new game? Would what I have done then work correctly, or do I need to make any other adjustments?

EDIT: Tried doing this (removed nation rules and saved that xml, then reloaded first file and removed advanced rules and saved that xml - loaded the two new xml files upon new game creation) and it made absolutely no difference. Still no mention anywhere of League Cup winners qualifying for Europe. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong???

Also, if two files are loaded, obviously the competition IDs won't match unless I made those changes before doing anything with the advanced rules. Will that cause trouble, or can the game make adjustments accordingly? What about if things conflict - will it give one file priority, or just cause the game to crash?

Thanks for your help. :)

I apologise if this has been done already but there's a hell of a lot of stuff in this thread to look through.

Is there any way to edit the formats of the European Cup and EURO Cup to match the old style layout (that being only champions qualifying for Champions Cup and a straight knockout UEFA Cup) and is there a way to reinstate the Cup Winners Cup as a competition? I'm not particularly handy with this sort of thing and don't want to touch things like .xml files in fear of causing the whole game to crash permanently :confused:

Cheers

I apologise if this has been done already but there's a hell of a lot of stuff in this thread to look through.

Is there any way to edit the formats of the European Cup and EURO Cup to match the old style layout (that being only champions qualifying for Champions Cup and a straight knockout UEFA Cup) and is there a way to reinstate the Cup Winners Cup as a competition? I'm not particularly handy with this sort of thing and don't want to touch things like .xml files in fear of causing the whole game to crash permanently :confused:

Cheers

The game won't crash permanently as the editor data.xml's are easy to remove..

Archived