A thread for some advanced editing tips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Mrt90: You gotta edit the stages.xml file in your editor folder and enable them.

OK, my newest experiment:

1) Nation called "World" created in Oceania instead of extinct South Vietnam

2) Using advanced panel I created some competitions:

a) Stray Club Championship (consisting of teams grouped in "A Premier Division" with highest reputation)

b) Stray Second Division (the name has it all...)

c) Ultra Mega Hyper Cup

And let's talk abot UMHC for a while:

Structure:

1) Preliminary stage => First Prel. Round, Second Prel. Round (200 teams altogether)

2) Group stage (18 groups of 8 teams) => 36 best teams are promoted

3) Second stage => First Round, Second Round => 9 teams left

4) Second group stage (1 group of 9) => first two teams are promoted

5) Final

PROBLEMS I NEED YOU TO HELP ME WITH AFTER DOWNLOADING AND OPENING THE FILE:

1) There is no media prediction in the league and all boards want me to win the championship (LEAGUES)

2) No past winners saved (UMHC) => they are in the leagues, but not in the big cup

Download link:

http://www.wielki.mrowkojad.com/untitled.xml

how i get the Fate Actions on cup stage available?

Either enable it in stages.xml, or you can:

Open the .xml file, and type in:

<list id="rounds">
					<record>
						!Here will be a list of the rounds in the cup.
					</record>
				</list>
				<list id="fate_actions"/>   <---ENTER THIS LINE HERE--->
                                       </list>  <---ALSO ENTER THIS LINE HERE--->
			</record>
		</list>
		<list id="virtual_stage_dependency"/>
		<list id="initial_tv_money"/>
		<list id="final_rankings"/>
		<list id="league_team_order"/>
		<list id="league_fixtures"/>
		<list id="fixture_dates"/>

I'll download your file now, but the rankings levels has to be set, if not no speculation at all.

About the Fate_actions, Magics excample shows how to do in the xml file that you create the competitions in. I wonders how it is enabled in the Stages.xml

http://www.wielki.mrowkojad.com/stage.xml

Put it into \editor\data\format\rule group and see :)

I've just recreated the old Champions League with all ranking levels and history works fine. BUT... from inactive leagues, it always takes the same teams (as if the game judged champions from "last position" field in the editor and didn't overwrite those after the season ends in inactive leagues).

That is the total opposite of what I experienced with my tests... Sorry Nicky if I have misinformed you.

Anyway I consider throwing my laptop into the wall, as no teams enters the group stage from the qualifying cup round no matter what I do! I start believing that this is impossible with the advanced panels!

here's my version 1 of Brazilian real competitions

there's no state championships nor the brazilian cup

but you'll see a lot of useful codes i got on the advanced panel

pm: to get semifinal teams from Série C promoted to Série B, i changed directly the xml, putting the promotion bit inside semifinal round. the same applies to Série D.

Download: http://www.2shared.com/file/12900199/841cabd0/MRT90_Brasil_Real_v1.html

That is the total opposite of what I experienced with my tests... Sorry Nicky if I have misinformed you.

Anyway I consider throwing my laptop into the wall, as no teams enters the group stage from the qualifying cup round no matter what I do! I start believing that this is impossible with the advanced panels!

Set cup fates like this:

type: QUALIFY FOR STAGE (or sth like this)

round: here enter the round FROM (!!) which they will qualify, not to which!

who: WINNING TEAM

main stage: main stage of where they have to qualify TO

sub stage: as above (sub)

so for example:

type: QUALIFY FOR STAGE

round: second preliminary roun

who: WINNING TEAM

main stage: Group stage

sub stage: /leave empty/

Somehow (il?)logically I was entering it other way round and I had the same problem like you.

I redid the Copa Libertadores to be an America's tournament and included teams from north and south america. To create a cup style qualifying round I made a group stage where the groups were set to 2 teams. The qualifying round of course lists the fixtures as groups, but it does work. I have a 16 team first qualifying round with the 8 winners dumping into a 32 team second qualifying round which then moves 16 teams into the 32 team group stage. I'm having problems right now getting it to set up the second year though. Once I work that out it should be good (until we figure out cup fates).

Ah, I haven't got any incremental saves from recently enough. The steps that I have are quite a few back. I was hoping that someone could have a wee scan through it and see if anything was glaringly obvious. I'd used your NZ league/Oceanic tournament as a template for starting, but obviously the format is very different.

I redid the Copa Libertadores to be an America's tournament and included teams from north and south america. To create a cup style qualifying round I made a group stage where the groups were set to 2 teams. The qualifying round of course lists the fixtures as groups, but it does work. I have a 16 team first qualifying round with the 8 winners dumping into a 32 team second qualifying round which then moves 16 teams into the 32 team group stage. I'm having problems right now getting it to set up the second year though. Once I work that out it should be good (until we figure out cup fates).

I tried it this way to, but there was the problem that 74 teams don't divide on 64 and 32 etc. And the way the cup is in Nigeria is that a random draw of the 74 teams qualified for the Fed Cup are drawn in the first round were 20 teams play each other to get the number of participants down to 64. If I set it up as a group stage, I have to specify wich 20 teams these should be.

Okay with all the xml errors I have been getting I have just realised why (stupid that I didn't realise earlier). I load editor, then I load the 10.3.0 update and then when I go to load the editor data I get this message: "Not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of recent_folders.xml.

I have tried deleting line 1 of that xml, have also tried deleting that xml. And both times still get this message. Anyone know how to fix it? Would re installing patch 10.3.0 fix it? I am now positive that this is what is causing my issues.

Any suggestions much apprciated as I just wanna get this ****ing database completed.

Okay with all the xml errors I have been getting I have just realised why (stupid that I didn't realise earlier). I load editor, then I load the 10.3.0 update and then when I go to load the editor data I get this message: "Not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of recent_folders.xml.

Any suggestions much apprciated as I just wanna get this ****ing database completed.

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

You should also delete the cache folders. See the FAQ thread for details.

Trying everying possible to make this file work ........ banging my head on the wall now lol

I have it working great ..... but I cannot understand why I am still getting domestic teams. It's affecting the whole database ...... Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I've done wrong ?

wcujer80, it's likely that you haven't set a cup fate for the winning team in the final, if you dont do that the second year does not set up and the first hasn't concluded (or so the game thinks)

Strange. All my other cups work fine without a cup fate; well they move on to the next year at least. My Canada Cup is pulling wrong teams from the group stage despite being set up identical to the Libertadores, which pulls the correct teams from the group. I'll have to look at all of this later, might be a late night.

can someone pls help, all im trying to do is create a simple british super cup, like the one Stevenhp1987 created, where the winners of 5 british isle tournaments are in it, but i dont want it to replace community shield like his. it seems like i everything i try doesnt work. either the competition doesnt show at all or when it does show it ignores the advanced rules ive set. ive looked through this thread and i cant understand why it doesnt work. if someone could give a few steps as to how they would implement this i would be truly grateful to see what it is im not doing?

the format of the competition im trying to make is:

stage 1 - league of 5 league winners (ENG,SCO,WAL,NI,IRL) play each other once top two qualify for final

stage 2 - final Team placed 1 v Team placed 2

thanks

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

You should also delete the cache folders. See the FAQ thread for details.

Okay so angry right now.

Have done what you suggested, tested - same error.

So then I re installed patch 10.3.0 and same error.

Then I uninstalled the game completely, deleted every folder related to FM and re installed game, re installed patch and....same error.

No idea what to do now.

Whenever I click on load editor data or save editor data I get "Not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of recent_folders.xml now and have no idea what else I can do to remove this.

can somebody please post a simple guide on how to create a competition from scratch, iv looked through this whole thread and theres little pieces of info found across several posts but its very hard to keep having to go through all of this when ya dont know wot ya doin or stuck like me. im sure i wudnt be the only one who would appreciate it.

A guide if done could confuse even more as even those using the advanced panel and releasing files are still having problems with getting some things to work. So at the moment I doubt a guide would be of any use. What I would suggest is you download one of the files we've made and use it as a template.

hi there apologies if this has already been asked but im trying to make my own update ive done the promotion/relegation teams for the premiership etc. is there any way at all to remove all the loaned players from each team in one go rather than go to say tamas from west brom and doing it that way. its just i wanna start the new season coming up as it should be without all last seasons loans..

Okay so angry right now.

Have done what you suggested, tested - same error.

So then I re installed patch 10.3.0 and same error.

Then I uninstalled the game completely, deleted every folder related to FM and re installed game, re installed patch and....same error.

No idea what to do now.

Whenever I click on load editor data or save editor data I get "Not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of recent_folders.xml now and have no idea what else I can do to remove this.

Anyone got any other solutions for me?

Hi! I've been lurking on this thread and gained some very good tips on how to use the advanced panel, thank you all for them! :thup:

As I wanted to experience some new adventures in FM I decided to try to create the missing South American leagues to have it as fully manageable continent. I started from the Paraguayan Primera Division as it seemed to be the easiest to replicate with the editor. After banging my head to the wall trying to get the opening stage and the closing stage to show along with the regular season table, I managed to do it and all seemed fine. BUT now I'm stuck...I can't get relegation from the regular season table to work, no matter how I try to change settings in the editor! All I get is the indicator R to show in the regular season table but the team won't get relegated and it doesn't show in the team's history either. It's all fine if there's only one stage in the league (the regular season), bottom team gets relegated. But when I add the opening and closing stages to the league structure, relegation stops working. And as a consequence, promotion from the lower division doesn't work either :(

So I've got 3 stages in the league: opening, closing and regular season. The opening & closing stages process results and max games to the regular season stage which doesn't create its own fixtures. Just like in the real world, the regular season table only combines results from the 2 other stages, and decides who qualifies to the continental cups and who gets relegated. But in the game I can't get it to work. So, if someone knows how to do it, please help me!

Here's the xml http://rapidshare.com/files/382749099/Paraguay.xml.html

so can some 1 pls explain how to create a competition please? iv made one but it wont show up unless i add to a country using the wizard and once its added it ignores the advanced panel changes and takes the default form.

hi, everybody

a quick question

let's say i have a nation rules based xml with 1st division, 2nd division, 3rd division and 4th division

and another one based on advanced panel with only 3rd and 4th division (no country recreated, just these two competitions)

if i load both xml, which 3rd or 4th division will show: nation rules' or advanced panel's?

The bit about me not coming here much is due to having too much coursework for my masters degree and 2 web design contracts.

That league was buggy at best... It didn't do what I wanted it to do (bottom of each group relegated to different league... it can do to same league if you set it up like that though and will work fine. - But you have to have some matches in the hidden group otherwise it will crash e.g. for 16 teams - play each other twice = 30 games plus play teams in own group twice = 36 total. You can't not play teams in same group separately or it will crash.

I will post the XML I had for that later if people want it.

Did you upload this file?

Archived