A thread for some advanced editing tips

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cheers Veg, so would i just create them as replica's of the current competitions and then make the other leagues inactive?

How would that effect things like eiropean competitions?

No need to create a new competition, just create a new set of nations rules...

The most important thing to do with advanced rules (and for nation rules also) is to save every change you make as a different file. That way when you get a crash dump you can go back to an earlier version and go from there.

I did save after every edit, but the game crashed after I added leagues to the advanced rules, so I can either have no clubs or no nation at all.

I'm doing a test league with New Zealand at the moment. I have got it working albeit with some bugs, but extremely accurately. For some reason the Grand Final of the championship is played over 2 legs on the same day, although I haven't set this up with 2 legs at all. Also on rules for the league it says the top 4 qualify for the championship, and the bottom 4 qualify for the championship. We shall see if I can fix it. I'm also trying to fix the O-League so that it plays as it should (through the season and not at the end of it).

I have successfully fixed O-League, only I have problems with putting NZL teams to same groups... about NZL league, you did it in advanced panel? if you have, how? can you upload your work on Internet and send me a link, so I can see it :confused:

Wellington Phoenix: You really should try to find out about this yourself, as it would be beneficial for the scene if even more people learn how to use the editor and the advanced panels. The more people that have that knowledge the better it is!

sh3rvin: A lot of info are in this thread. I know because I've just started to try to figure out how to use the panel my self. And by reading this thread some problems are solved, of course everything ain't answered, but those questions you have, could be posted and solved here. Something that will develop this thread to be an even better guide.

i have tried myself an failed miserably. I cannot work out how to remove the current a-league as the default league in the game, even when I delete it completely the game still looks for it.

i have tried myself an failed miserably. I cannot work out how to remove the current a-league as the default league in the game, even when I delete it completely the game still looks for it.

Is this for New Zealand or Australia?

guys, this is a quick and important question

the game comes only with 3 brazilian leagues but actually there are 4 in real life

so, if i create the fourth division and edit it in advanced panel, it will work?

That is really strange, I just chose create new nation rules and chose Australia, and created the league, I think you should try to do it from scratch again.

i think i have got it working now! :)

Question, when setting rules, adding maximum squad salary, is it somehow possible to add the Marquee player and Junior Marquee? Two players outside the salary cap, Marquee can be on as much as you want and Junior Marquee up to $150,000/year but must be under age 23.

Any ideas on this?

i think i have got it working now! :)

Question, when setting rules, adding maximum squad salary, is it somehow possible to add the Marquee player and Junior Marquee? Two players outside the salary cap, Marquee can be on as much as you want and Junior Marquee up to $150,000/year but must be under age 23.

Any ideas on this?

Can you go through what you have done, because I can't get it to work after so many attempts?

I apologise for not updating where I am with my NZ league.

It turns out that after finding some good sources for football in Oceania, I have decided to recreate the entire Oceania region. So far I have done NZ, Fiji and Papua New Guinea. I am in the middle of doing New Caledonia. I hope to have as much detail as possible but first will be creating the leagues and history before I create any players (I am still debating whether or not to do this, but it is not a priority at the moment although I will at least make the up to date transfers).

One good thing with this is that you are not limited to nation rules, and you can create all the leagues in one single file, xml or dbc. Do the download will be in one file when I release this.

It is taking a long time though, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Send me a PM and I'll give you all the resources you need and I'll advise you on where I need the extra help. Credit will be shared.

Can you go through what you have done, because I can't get it to work after so many attempts?

I think where I was going wrong was when setting up the rules I didn't create new ones. If you create coompletely new competiton rules it should remove the old A-League.

Is this the issue you are having? Otherwise explain what the problem is.

My league is basic, 11 team A-League with Melbourne Heart (considering adding Sydney Rovers but unsure), FFA Cup, knockout cup with 154 Australian teams, Qantas cup, one off match like Charity shield in England. Now to win it all with the Phoenix...

I think where I was going wrong was when setting up the rules I didn't create new ones. If you create coompletely new competiton rules it should remove the old A-League.

Is this the issue you are having? Otherwise explain what the problem is.

My league is basic, 11 team A-League with Melbourne Heart (considering adding Sydney Rovers but unsure), FFA Cup, knockout cup with 154 Australian teams, Qantas cup, one off match like Charity shield in England. Now to win it all with the Phoenix...

Ever time I try to use the advanced panel, the game either crash dumps or doesn't load the clubs or leagues in that country.

Running a 2 season test atm, once done will upload the New Zealand file I have done.

I have lost interest in doing any more Oceanic leagues for the time being. I want to concentrate on the Japanese leagues which I have been working on for a while.

EDIT: Hit a small setback regarding fixtures. The release will be delayed :(

Got a strange bug...in the overview screen of the club, it says next fixture is the opening fixture of the first season (in 2009). Any way to get rid of this?

Ever time I try to use the advanced panel, the game either crash dumps or doesn't load the clubs or leagues in that country.

Well, I am unsure what has happened for you.

Want me to upload my editor data file for you?

That is if you want to play as mine is, it would not be for a couple of weeks though as I have to update all transfers/contracts etc still and only get 1 day a week for a couple of hours I can do it, but I am more than happy to do it if you would like to play it.

Well, I am unsure what has happened for you.

Want me to upload my editor data file for you?

That is if you want to play as mine is, it would not be for a couple of weeks though as I have to update all transfers/contracts etc still and only get 1 day a week for a couple of hours I can do it, but I am more than happy to do it if you would like to play it.

That would be helpful, then I can see which options need to be set.

Anyone know why the reserves and u19 teams don't have any fixtures in my custom created league?

edit: well the reserves team have now but not the u19.. so what gives? :(

edit 2: uhm now there are fixtures for both.. Go figure.

So.. nevermind :)

I'm not sure what you mean Veg, but if I guess at saying e.g. in England you could have a 7 division regional league from level 11 to 17. I'd imagine you could create all these leagues and feed them into each other without having the clubs fall into a different regional league if you don't have the correct latitude and longitude numbers.

I'm not sure what you mean Veg, but if I guess at saying e.g. in England you could have a 7 division regional league from level 11 to 17. I'd imagine you could create all these leagues and feed them into each other without having the clubs fall into a different regional league if you don't have the correct latitude and longitude numbers.

I know about the longitude and altitude stuff, what I wonders is if it possible to tell the game that Clubs from local region A, B and C are placed in group A. Clubs from state D, E and F pare placed in group B etc...

Has any one done a nation and it's leagues whit the advanced panel? If yes then could someone upload the file so I could see how it's done

Yeah it would be nice if this was done, I have read the thread and it helps a lot, but still I haven't been able to fully create a league structure, as there are still a lot I'm not sure about..

Is there an up to date list of the variables/properties anywhere? I've found one from 2006/07 but it appears to be out of date or incomplete.

For instance, I'm guessing this:

<record db_field="club,Csnm" width="-2"/> <!-- name -->

refers to the club's short name. I'd like to be able to view the club's long name (among other things) but can't because I don't know the code :(

Right I have a new question to which I can't seem to find the answer.

Where in the editor to I set which places in a league gets qualification for CL etc?

Right now my top 34 teams qualify for CL (but I have only 14 teams in the league)...

How did you get 34 teams to qualify for the Champions League from one league?

Yes, I've managed to start on holiday one full season (entirely for testing).

It is great that you uploaded this file. It have helped a lot. Instead of being at the state were I didn't know were to start, now I can identify the questions I need to have answered.

How did you get 34 teams to qualify for the Champions League from one league?

I didnt'. Thats the problem. I changed Ireland (1922) into my own league, added cities, stadiums and teams and started the game. I can't figure out how I change which positions get CL qual etc.

someone told me I had to look into Euro Coefficients but I have no idea where or how :confused:

Been fiddling around with the advanced panel, and created a competition in Andorra and I have a few problems thus far

1) When I load the league, the first season, no league appears

- I go on holiday, and on league scheduled setup day, it does, and I can manage a team

2) After the first stages of a European tournament, game crashes and I get an array access out of bounds error.

I presume that the crashing at the European tournament is probably due to not having any teams from Andorra to make up the full list, because the league hasn't taken place. Have looked throughly and can't find out why the league won't load.

Anyone got any ideas?

Okay .......

I'm messing about with the advanced panels a little bit and this is what I have created up to this point. I have created a new tournament, based in England, called the Mercedes Home Countries Champions League. There are 256 teams at the start, which is every professional club in Scotland, England, Wales and the Irelands ......

I have three stages .....

1st stage; seeded two two-leg knockout rounds involving first 256 teams, then 128 teams. The 128 team knockout leaves you with 64 teams, which go into the second stage ......

2nd stage; a group competition, seeded, with 16 groups of 4 teams. They play each other twice. 32 teams qualify from these groups, the top two sides in each obviously, going into the third stage .....

3rd stage; four knockout rounds, the first three being two-legged affairs home and away and the last being a one-off final in a neutral venue.

I have tried to set it up as best I can according to what I've read on these forums, but for the life of me I absolutely cannot get it to work. There are no crash dumps, or anything like that; it just won't appear in the game. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, and I am happy to send the file so far to whomever wants it and thinks they can get it going.

This, for me, would be the ultimate cup competition for teams based in the Home Countries.

Ok so I've created an British and Irish League cup in the advanced panel which I host in England, I'm using it to replace the current League cup. All works fine except the competition creates it's own history and adds a 2009 winner in the history tab, along with creating records for the competition for the previous year....however it also classes that season as 09/10! even more annoying is that the fixtures for the previous years competition appear at the top of every teams fixture list. Any ideas where I could be going wrong as whatever I've done I've not been able to rectify it!

Been fiddling around with the advanced panel, and created a competition in Andorra and I have a few problems thus far

1) When I load the league, the first season, no league appears

- I go on holiday, and on league scheduled setup day, it does, and I can manage a team

2) After the first stages of a European tournament, game crashes and I get an array access out of bounds error.

I presume that the crashing at the European tournament is probably due to not having any teams from Andorra to make up the full list, because the league hasn't taken place. Have looked throughly and can't find out why the league won't load.

Anyone got any ideas?

1. I had this problem, I fixed it by making the draw date for the fixtures the same as the setup date under nations.

I haven't had a go at an European league yet so don't know how you could sort this out. Do you want clubs to enter the CL/EL?

Okay .......

I'm messing about with the advanced panels a little bit and this is what I have created up to this point. I have created a new tournament, based in England, called the Mercedes Home Countries Champions League. There are 256 teams at the start, which is every professional club in Scotland, England, Wales and the Irelands ......

I have three stages .....

1st stage; seeded two two-leg knockout rounds involving first 256 teams, then 128 teams. The 128 team knockout leaves you with 64 teams, which go into the second stage ......

2nd stage; a group competition, seeded, with 16 groups of 4 teams. They play each other twice. 32 teams qualify from these groups, the top two sides in each obviously, going into the third stage .....

3rd stage; four knockout rounds, the first three being two-legged affairs home and away and the last being a one-off final in a neutral venue.

I have tried to set it up as best I can according to what I've read on these forums, but for the life of me I absolutely cannot get it to work. There are no crash dumps, or anything like that; it just won't appear in the game. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, and I am happy to send the file so far to whomever wants it and thinks they can get it going.

This, for me, would be the ultimate cup competition for teams based in the Home Countries.

You might have to add a Nation into the advanced panel. Add England and leave it as version 1. That way it should keep all the transfer windows/discipline rules etc.

I didnt'. Thats the problem. I changed Ireland (1922) into my own league, added cities, stadiums and teams and started the game. I can't figure out how I change which positions get CL qual etc.

someone told me I had to look into Euro Coefficients but I have no idea where or how :confused:

Sound like you might have made a mistake entering in the qualification rules. Double check your work to ensure there are no mistakes whatsoever.

Sound like you might have made a mistake entering in the qualification rules. Double check your work to ensure there are no mistakes whatsoever.

Well I would if I knew where to look. I haven't come across any qualification rules settings :(

That is why this puzzles me. I cannot find any settings related to qualification.

I am happy to send the xml file to whoever wants to have a look.

Archived