A thread for some advanced editing tips

You might have to add a Nation into the advanced panel. Add England and leave it as version 1. That way it should keep all the transfer windows/discipline rules etc.

Yeah, I've added England as the nation in which the tournament is based ...... but still the file isn't recognised by the game.

I am really at a loss to work this out.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I've added England as the nation in which the tournament is based ...... but still the file isn't recognised by the game.

I am really at a loss to work this out.

When you say the file isn't recognised...have you made any changes to the database or just added the competition? It shows up as a selectable file only if there are DB changes (e.g. history, player stats etc). If you don't the game loads up the file anyway.

Okay, the Andorran one was messing up constantly, so decided to start with something different

Started to work with Malawi to avoid Euro mix ups

Created nation rules - no problem.

Added Scottish Juniors West Superleague, created rules etc.

Loaded game, West Junior League appears, team can be selected, fixtures created for season.

After about 10 days I get an "Array access out of bounds error"

Is this to do with loading a team/competition from another country, or something I'm missing?

When you say the file isn't recognised...have you made any changes to the database or just added the competition? It shows up as a selectable file only if there are DB changes (e.g. history, player stats etc). If you don't the game loads up the file anyway.

Yeah I've made some minor database changes with it, but I'm at a loss ......

Do you know how to fix these? Can I send it on to you?

Okay, the Andorran one was messing up constantly, so decided to start with something different

Loaded game, West Junior League appears, team can be selected, fixtures created for season.

Is this to do with loading a team/competition from another country, or something I'm missing?

Should point out that I've attempted this twice from scratch, and its always the 5th of August that the "Array out of bounds" error occurs, no matter what the pre-season or season start date is.

Tiree Don, how much have you changed in the file? I suggest backing up every single or 2 changes you make (When I work I use the numeric format 0.001, 0.002 etc (e.g. 0.137 Eng Adv.xml) and in the details tab, in description i list ALL the changes I have made since the last version. I also test pretty much every version to see what happens in game.

Tiree Don, how much have you changed in the file? I suggest backing up every single or 2 changes you make (When I work I use the numeric format 0.001, 0.002 etc (e.g. 0.137 Eng Adv.xml) and in the details tab, in description i list ALL the changes I have made since the last version. I also test pretty much every version to see what happens in game.

Worked it out that when I set it up I had made a draw for the 1st stage of the league, when I unchecked this it worked no problem

Right .....

I have set my tournament up in San Marino ... the problem NOW is that I can't get the computer to recognise that my first set of fixtures are on international days ...... and so I am playing my first series of games with half a team ........

How do I fix it so there are no games on international dates ?

Hey guys,

I created the 2010/2011 Hyundai A-League and youth league with 2 cups successfully. Played them for 2 seasons on holiday. All worked perfectly.

I then went back to the editor, changed squads, contracts, managers, transfers, awards etc and then got this error when I went to play:

xmlparsingerror.jpg

How do I see what is wrong with the data?

I hope I don't have to start again as I have had so many changes and taken so long :mad::thdn:

Ok so I've created an British and Irish League cup in the advanced panel which I host in England, I'm using it to replace the current League cup. All works fine except the competition creates it's own history and adds a 2009 winner in the history tab, along with creating records for the competition for the previous year....however it also classes that season as 09/10! even more annoying is that the fixtures for the previous years competition appear at the top of every teams fixture list. Any ideas where I could be going wrong as whatever I've done I've not been able to rectify it!

Sorry to keep asking, but can anybody help with this? only it's driving me mad.

Hey guys,

I created the 2010/2011 Hyundai A-League and youth league with 2 cups successfully. Played them for 2 seasons on holiday. All worked perfectly.

I then went back to the editor, changed squads, contracts, managers, transfers, awards etc and then got this error when I went to play:

xmlparsingerror.jpg

How do I see what is wrong with the data?

I hope I don't have to start again as I have had so many changes and taken so long :mad::thdn:

Open the xml in notepad++ and scroll down to line 7214. The error is located there, and is probably a typing error or something. It might be that you don't need to do it all over again.

Right .........

The first two legs of my competition are showing up fine. Here's what's going wrong at the moment, and any help would be appreciated.

First, in my larger tournament draw, I am getting teams from San Marino itself entered into the tourney despite not wanting them !

Second, I cannot, for the life of me, get the Group Stages to work ...... the computer reads the two preliminary rounds just fine but the tournament stops at that point.

Any thoughts?

Well I would if I knew where to look. I haven't come across any qualification rules settings :(

That is why this puzzles me. I cannot find any settings related to qualification.

I am happy to send the xml file to whoever wants to have a look.

I would love to have some more help on this. I am really stuck and cannot finish it before I get this fixed :(

Just came across something weird while using the advanced editor. I am adding nation rules using the advanced panel for england to create a new league system. So far I have added the first 3 levels, and upon adding the third level i noticed that all of the backroom staff of the clubs that were originally from any league other then the Premier league are not there. Not loaded into the game at all as it happens. The players are being loaded in as normal. As are managers such as SAF, AW etc from large clubs.

Any ideas?

To everyone that have the array acces out of bounds error There could be a solution. erniesouchak gave me a tip that that error is somehow connected to the leagues set up date. The solution is therefor to unthick the sat update in the competition screen. This should fix it. But this also might create one other problems:

1. The continental qualification rules are linked to the setup date so might have to add those rules manually. It ddn't happen to me, but could be a problem

Anyone ever had a problem with not being able to transfer players? I've set up a new USA league and most of the things I want to do are working. However, I can't choose the transfer option when I try to buy a player in the game. I'm allowed to offer a trial, loan, or enquiry; the transfer option is greyed out though. I'm at a loss as to what might be the problem since I've changed a bunch of things and nothing fixes it (I even changed the nation from USA to Canada).

Hi there. Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I'm having a problem with my created database. Basically, I've wiped the whole database of all original competitions, players, and clubs. Then, I've taken Hong Kong, and changed it to be a made-up nation. I've created four leagues, and a cup, and I wish for all of them to play on a Sunday. I've said that all of the competitions I've created are of International importance, and that they should check for no clashes with other competitions. However, only the top league still changes some of the fixtures from Sundays to midweek, to avoid clashes with international teams. My created players are of all nationalities, but I have edited the game so that all of the international teams use fake players, because I have no need for international games to interfere. Therefore, this is really annoying me, as I want the fixtures to all be played on a Sunday, and I can't figure out why only the top league disobeys my instructions. Could anyone help me out with this please?

I need help :)

I can't make teams promote from cup qualifying round to the group phase. I somehow don't have the "fate actions" option and when I copied it from another XML, I kept getting crash dumps.

Everything works fine but there is... no draw before the group stage, so the group stage itself never happens. The draw IS set in the editor...

Right .........

The first two legs of my competition are showing up fine. Here's what's going wrong at the moment, and any help would be appreciated.

First, in my larger tournament draw, I am getting teams from San Marino itself entered into the tourney despite not wanting them !

Second, I cannot, for the life of me, get the Group Stages to work ...... the computer reads the two preliminary rounds just fine but the tournament stops at that point.

Any thoughts?

You need to set FATE ACTIONS in the preliminary round, so that the teams get promoted.

Anyone can help with the history problem?

I'm working on the Cuban league, which uses a similar conference system to that which the MLS uses, but with 16 teams split into 4 conferences of 4, with the 4 winners going on to a semi final/final playoff for the championship.

Aside from getting the conference system to work (which I'm still working on), I've wanted to check that everything else worked smoothly, so I've set the league up as a straight 16 team competition with the top 4 going into a championship playoff, but for some reason the championship playoff never schedules itself. I thought that it might be to do with the league fate actions boxes, but it seemed to make more sense to use the qualification box?

Any suggestions? A screen grab of the editor panels from someone who knows how to do this would help me immensely!

I've had to postpone the effort of solving the group stage problem, as I have met another problem. For somehow my league have 3 qualified clubs to the CAF Champions League, even if there only should be 2. The third placed team in Nigeria also get into that tournament, even if I've set only two in the fate actions.

I've found the error, should have found it before. There is a bug ingame. It seems like the winner of the CAF CL are granted entry into next years tournament something that don't happen IRL. I've posted about it in the bugs forum. And for soem reason only Nigerian clubs wins the CL, when playing in NIgeria. I holidayed South Africa for some years just to check, and playing in S.Africa the Tunisian clubs won the tournament avery year.

Veg:

Keep us informed as to how you do with the Groups ....... and if anyone else has figured out how to achieve qualification from the Groups, give us a shout.

Have you downloaded Magic's NZ league. There is a cup with group stage in that file. Have a look and see what he has done.

Hi managers,

I need some help about advanced panel, I create a new league system for Brazil (the detailed idea below) and made db changes too, but when I starting the game using this, occurs a crash dump when the game try load the db, I remove some divisions, and keep only 2 divisions (Campeonato Brasileiro - Série A/Campeonato Brasileiro - Série B) and the Brazilian Cup in the file and made a lot of changes in league schedule dates, setup date, base year, year, etc, so many changes that I don't remember more, but the crash dump still happens. Another doubt, how I create inactive division with advanced panel?

Could you help me please? Follow below the my detailed idea of new league system structure and the URL to my custom db file

http://www.4shared.com/document/n4E2MfTv/BRAZIL_ADV.html

Detailed Idea

------------

First Division - "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série A"

16 teams separated by 2 groups of 8 teams (2 rounds)

- the best 4 teams, qualified to Final Stage (2 rounds)

Top team is champion

Top, 2nd, 3rd goes to continental cup (Libertadores Cup)

4th-8th goes to another continental cup (Copa Sudamericana)

- the worst 4 teams, qualified to Relegation Stage (2 rounds)

Top team go to continental cup (Copa Sudamericana)

5th-8th are relegated

Second Division - "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série B"

Same rules of First Division, but in Final Stage:

Top team is champion

Top, 2nd-4th are promoted

Relegation Stage:

5th-8th are relegated

Third Division - "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série C"

24 teams separated by 6 groups of 4 teams (2 rounds)

- the best 2 teams, qualified to Final Stage (2 rounds)

Top team is champion

Top, 2nd-4th are promoted

- the worst 2 teams, qualified to Relegation Stage (2 rounds)

5th-12th are relegated

Fourth Division - "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série D"

Fifth Division - "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série E"

Sixth Division - "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série F"

Same rules of Third Division, but in Final Stage:

Top, 2nd-8th are promoted

Sixth Division teams are relegated to inactive division "Campeonato Brasileiro - Série G"

Brazilian Cup - "Copa do Brasil"

128 teams from 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th Divisions (6 rounds)

- 1st and 2nd rounds:

Lower division teams plays the 1st match at home

The away team qualified if win the 1st match by goal difference >= 2

Winner qualify to continental cup (Libertadores Cup)

Runners-up qualify to another continental cup (Copa Sudamericana)

Thanks in advance

Just came across something weird while using the advanced editor. I am adding nation rules using the advanced panel for england to create a new league system. So far I have added the first 3 levels, and upon adding the third level i noticed that all of the backroom staff of the clubs that were originally from any league other then the Premier league are not there. Not loaded into the game at all as it happens. The players are being loaded in as normal. As are managers such as SAF, AW etc from large clubs.

Any ideas?

I've had a similar problem when trying to create a new USA league. If I set up the new league wrong (either dates or other things) the backroom staff wouldn't appear. I changed the nation of the competition (not the nation rule in the advanced panel) and the staff wouldn't load either. When I did get it to work with both nations set as the USA then I couldn't transfer players (you could loan them though). Now I have it straightened out but I'm not sure the exact reason. However, I know that if you take the non-playing staff and set them to "player/non-player" and then set the retirement date to 1.1.2009, they appear in the game in their correct capacity (ie the chairman is the chairman). Now the last thing I did in my edit was change all the chairmen to player/non-player and all the managers to player/non-player, and all my teams are good (everyone is employed). I would try that on a few of your clubs and see if that works. The advanced panel is a lot of fun but you have a lot of quirky things to deal with.

Open the xml in notepad++ and scroll down to line 7214. The error is located there, and is probably a typing error or something. It might be that you don't need to do it all over again.

Hi I went to that line and it was a blank line below the end of the text.

I then re created the database and same thing, how can I fix if it is below the data?

Really annoying me now.

Then there is one thing to do, and this is doing it all over again, but do it step by step and save and test.

F.ex fix the squad of one club, save with (file name) 1.xml. Load up the game and test. If it works next club and save as (filename) 2. xml etc etc. Then do the awards and other stuff, but also save after each change. Immidiately when you get the error message you will know what you have done and then you could go in smaller details. Do the first change you did in the file that caused you the error message and save and test it. If it works do the next change, if not you do know what change that is causing the error. It is time consuming, but it is the only way.

I wish you luck.. Anyway when your finnished. Please upload the league here so people can use it to develop their understanding of the advanced panels. The more advanced panels leagues uploaded, the better it is.

I would love to have some more help on this. I am really stuck and cannot finish it before I get this fixed :(

Well I did some further testing and now it doesn't say anything in the leagues rules about who gets to qualify. Now it says it depends on the winner of the cup I made.

I played through a season and I noticed this on the Europe Nation Coefficients.

ECC: -49

EC: 3

Coef: 0.00

I still don't get how I can set which place gets which qualification.

Could anyone please assist?

Archived