A thread for some advanced editing tips

Every match on tv?

for the a-league im trying to get all the games every week to be shown on tv.

At the moment its only showing 3 and im not sure how to get it too 6? (12 team A-league comp)

is there any way i can get them all to be shown on tv, maybe over the course of 3 days? (friday night, saturday arvo/evening and sunday afternoon)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With apologies in case this is OT, I have a question for folks who know a bit more about XML and data management than I might...I'm in the middle of creating a DB mod that has about 1500 teams, and was hoping that there might be an easier way of dropping data into an XML file than simply typing it into the FM editor.

I've done my best to mimic the XML files created by the FM editor -- I've picked out the codes for the various database fields, assigned IDs based on the next available unique record, and so on. Unfortunately, when I try to load my XML in the FM editor, it kicks back an error message indicating that all of my new data is 'junk' and won't load.

Has anyone else worked with this direct type of approach? If so, any luck getting mass data transfers of this type to work? All thanks to St. Jude for favors granted...

Have you tried loading it into the editor first. I've done this before and so long as the XML is valid, it will format it. The game doesn't like mis-formatted XML e.g. inproper tabs (a tad odd - It's not python after all).

Have you tried loading it into the editor first. I've done this before and so long as the XML is valid, it will format it. The game doesn't like mis-formatted XML e.g. inproper tabs (a tad odd - It's not python after all).

Hmm, yes -- I was trying to open the data in the editor to make further changes and that was where I encountered the error. Good to see that it's worked for you in the past, though -- I will take a second look at my XML code and triple-check that it's correct.

Thanks for the help!

I think to do that, you have to leave the Cities/Towns/Regions language field as blank and then add in the languages in the nations language tab. There you can edit the percentage of how many speak it, so for example....English 100%, French 75%, Spanish 75%.

That sounds like a logical enough idea, hehe. Perhaps I was overthinking things when I set everything up. I'll give that a whirl and report the results.

Quick question: is there any way to eliminate a second nationality being automatically added? In my case, everyone has French as their second nationality and all the good young players want to wait before declaring for the national team. If I can get rid of that, I'll be very happy.

Quick question for all - is there anyway to amend the ticket prices for a certain nation?

We (my brother, pal and myself) have taken Kencos league structure as a basic format, but amended it to 8 leagues of 16, using top teams only.

However there are issues with the national league details for each team overriding that of the new host nation (due to each club retaining their own identity)

The major bug in changing all teams to the host nation is the low price of match and season tickets (as its based in Malaysia) - £4.50 for a match ticket.

It seems as if its an unwinnable situation and you have to choose between two creations, but both having major(ish) problems.

De;

can someone solve this problem? I have revamped OFC Champions League, but I cant play semis, teams finish group stage, but there is no semis and final, no draw at all... I tried to do something, and then there appeared semifinal, but with three teams from NZL (only one is in competition) and fourth team in semis was placed fourth in group, while top two teams failed to show in semifinal... if there is someone who will do this, I will be grateful. Thanks.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGV5DBZB

can someone solve this problem? I have revamped OFC Champions League, but I cant play semis, teams finish group stage, but there is no semis and final, no draw at all... I tried to do something, and then there appeared semifinal, but with three teams from NZL (only one is in competition) and fourth team in semis was placed fourth in group, while top two teams failed to show in semifinal... if there is someone who will do this, I will be grateful. Thanks.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RGV5DBZB

I assume you want the top 2 teams from each group?

In which case I spot your error straight away.

Go to teams section of stage 2.

Set max teams 4. You have bottom team set as 0. Set this as 1 and set top team as 0. This selects position 0 down to 1 (0 is 1st and 1 is 2nd in group). Sort teams by last position asc. here as well.

Good Luck.

ps. I noticed you used my commonwealth cup as a base for some reason. You could have done it without it you know :p (it shows my name and commonwealth cup info in XML selection screen)

Edit: Also you do not need "Process teams into stage 2" for stage 1, thats used for things like splits (ie. stage 2 of SPL in the split - carry league standings over).

Also, set the comp schedule to Feb-Sep to match your date settings.

Also, set the stage 1 name to group stage. Then it will show second round and group stage nicer in the competition tab.

You should also consider setting competition priority and tv settings etc.

I did what you said, and qualification works. But there is one major problem - CL is held every two years, and history is not stored, after 5 editions, there is still 2007 winner, Waitakere, and there is no data about history at all... what this can be?

and I used yours template as I dont know how to make it on my own... I hope you wont take me to court because of that :D

Two quick questions:

1. Is there some way for me to change a unique ID with the editor?

2. If there is no way to do it in the editor, could I do it in the XML file? If so, how do I ensure that the two things I want switched are in the file? Or can I just define a unique ID randomly in the XML file I'm going to load in the game?

For context, I'm trying to swap around some countries to avoid second nationalities being given to regens. So, I've picked some small countries from around the world and I'm going to switch them for what I want to do.

As an aside, if I turn on the ability to add/delete countries, everything should be fine if I add a country but remove one each time, right? The unique ID doesn't matter, just the FIFA status and ensuring that I put them in the proper continents. (i.e. CONCACAF has 41 members and 35 FIFA members. If I add 3 countries and delete three countries, everything should be fine so long as CONCACAF always has 41 members and 35 FIFA members, right?)

I did what you said, and qualification works. But there is one major problem - CL is held every two years, and history is not stored, after 5 editions, there is still 2007 winner, Waitakere, and there is no data about history at all... what this can be?

and I used yours template as I dont know how to make it on my own... I hope you wont take me to court because of that :D

Most likely as it's set as club_champions_cup. It seems that that is used for the world club championship hence it doesn't store player performances. Change it to club_finals.

I did all that you told me to... and c r a p again... teams are randomly selected for semis, 1st in A group vs. 4th in B and 2nd in B vs. 3rd in A... :rolleyes: and I tried to make just final, with no semi, and guess what - at the start of cup, I already saw final tie (although group stage is to start in 4 months) - in alphabetical order, Ba Electric in A group plays to AS Magenta from B group... help me with this, please, I want to play those obscure soccer leagues :D

I did all that you told me to... and c r a p again... teams are randomly selected for semis, 1st in A group vs. 4th in B and 2nd in B vs. 3rd in A... :rolleyes: and I tried to make just final, with no semi, and guess what - at the start of cup, I already saw final tie (although group stage is to start in 4 months) - in alphabetical order, Ba Electric in A group plays to AS Magenta from B group... help me with this, please, I want to play those obscure soccer leagues :D

You need the 'requirements' tab activated in the "stage.xml", otherwise it selects random teams from the group stage.

OK really hoping someone can help sorry if this isnt the right place.

I have created a team in the prem and created ten players how do u make those players home grown? as when i qualify for euro i dont have the 4 min players for registering?? Any ideas would be ace?

I cant make it active, I enter stage.xml, find requirements, make both statements from false to true, but there's no requirements tab

:confused:

you need to add the following line:

<!-- requirements -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="requirements"/>

<flags id="name_not_translated" value="Requirements"/>

<flags id="type" value="list"/>

<boolean id="is_tab" value="true"/>

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

<boolean id="enabled_by_default" value="true"/> <-----------------------add this line

<flags id="hint" value="A list of stages (from this competition or others if specified) that must finish before this stage can be setup"/>

you need to add the following line:

<!-- requirements -->

<record>

<flags id="field" value="requirements"/>

<flags id="name_not_translated" value="Requirements"/>

<flags id="type" value="list"/>

<boolean id="is_tab" value="true"/>

<boolean id="is_optional" value="true"/>

<boolean id="enabled_by_default" value="true"/> <-----------------------add this line

<flags id="hint" value="A list of stages (from this competition or others if specified) that must finish before this stage can be setup"/>

I did it, just seconds ago, and it doesnt work, it doesnt appear as tab in advanced editor... Id be grateful if you could make this by yourself. :thup:

I did it, just seconds ago, and it doesnt work, it doesnt appear as tab in advanced editor... Id be grateful if you could make this by yourself. :thup:

you should try to start another advanced competition, it happens to me, that it didnt work, so i started another one and it appears.

But i have a problem now, when i try to start a new game, the game crashes with my edit games. I think is problem of that line.

you should try to start another advanced competition, it happens to me, that it didnt work, so i started another one and it appears.

But i have a problem now, when i try to start a new game, the game crashes with my edit games. I think is problem of that line.

you don't have to recreate the whole competition, just remake the particular stage.

I added in some extra fields to some editor screens and it worked well, but since updating to 10.3 I can't make it work. Anyone else get this?

If you backed up your *original* files to a different folder, it's easy. Copy the *original* file to the editor folder, then replace that file with your custom file. That worked for me; hope it works for you.

You can do that pretty easily even using nation rules.

Just add the teams you wish to a cup.

For instance, just make a new cup in the editor, then use the "get best teams from" to add the teams from the divisions you want into it. Of course, it'll have to be based in a nation, but it'll work absolutely fine. Even better if you edit the XML to use "club_finals" so it'll register as continental in the game.

Also; now that patch 3 is out, I'm gonna be trying some stuff in the advanced area(during testing SI told me specifically not to touch it because any bugs reported when using competitions made with them wouldn't be registered) so expect questions. After a quick look and a read of this thread, I've got a grasp on what's going on but I can't really see anything aboot South American style opening and closing stages here so there's a chance I'll mess it up.

I have been playing with something in the advanced panel to get a competition, much like the MLS.

I have (just testing phase atm - ignore fact competition is called anglo-scottish cup etc. I just pulled a random comp for it... but the point is what I wanted works). Teams will play each team twice (four times for those in their own group) and the top team from each group is put into semis and bottom team relegated back to national league.

This will essentially make my Atlantic League so much better :D

group-mls-style.jpg

I imagine that he used a linked stage that doesn't produce it's own fixtures to create the group stage along with a regular league stage, then hidden the regular league stage using the "hide stage" tick box.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also; I noticed an oddity with the game. The Scottish Premier League cannot be replaced with Advanced Rules, I confirmed the game was using my XML because despite it using the game's own rules, it was using my disipline rules and transfer window(1st Jan-31st Aug) as well as other things that aren't taken from the competition panel.

If you backed up your *original* files to a different folder, it's easy. Copy the *original* file to the editor folder, then replace that file with your custom file. That worked for me; hope it works for you.

Unfortunately I didnt, I figured it was only a couple of lines. I'm doing a pretty big database and the editor isn't much help without the right info at hand.

Does this look right to people?

<!-- fields for the person table -->

<record id="prrs">

<list id="fields">

<record db_field="pers,dbnm" width="-2"/> <!-- name -->

<record db_field="pers,Pnti" width="-2"/> <!-- nation -->

<record db_field="pers,Pcti" width="-2"/> <!-- club -->

<record db_field="pers,Pcjt" width="60"/> <!-- job -->

<record db_field="pers,Ppsr" width="60"/> <!-- position -->

<record db_field="pers,PCAB" width="60"/> <!-- current ability -->

<record db_field="pers,PPAB" width="60"/> <!-- potential ability -->

</list>

</record>

From this I only get name, nation,player and job, no matter how much i play with the width. There's space for more columns as well and the with="-2" should auto-shrink!

Thanks!

I imagine that he used a linked stage that doesn't produce it's own fixtures to create the group stage along with a regular league stage, then hidden the regular league stage using the "hide stage" tick box.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Also; I noticed an oddity with the game. The Scottish Premier League cannot be replaced with Advanced Rules, I confirmed the game was using my XML because despite it using the game's own rules, it was using my disipline rules and transfer window(1st Jan-31st Aug) as well as other things that aren't taken from the competition panel.

Correct, I hid the league stage (and processed results into stage 2 - similar way to SPL works - it processes table standings into stage 2 which is the split)... however using this method, there has to be some games in the group stage. The game will not let us have a stage with zero games... which is a shame. - If there is a way, I would like to know it, I haven't had "that" much time to play with it recently, coursework deadlines and all.

The scottish competitions in general seem to refuse being edited in the advanced panel. I swear they are partly hardcoded e.g. If I remove Celtic/Rangers out of the SPL, they will still be in the Scottish cup rather than the teams that replace it. Same happens with the Atlantic League.

Yeah, it's an annoyance, as I was wanting to try fooling around with Scotland for a bit to check if I could make a league with an opening and closing stage system, but like yourself by the time I'd made the Scottish one and realised it wasn't going to work, it'd come to the point where I had an hour before I'd have to get to doing other things due to needing to go to work early.

Looks like this is gonna be delayed until Friday, although I have a feeling that won't happen because Final Fantasy 13(well, that was today, but payday is Thursday) and me getting paid are between then.

Ok, so have just used the advanced tab to recreate my RBS Six Nations club tournament. Bit like my old 5 Nations, but now with the French included down to the CFA.

How do I get it into the game?

I created from scratch under advanced tab.

The competition is in the database

The competition is in nation rules.

I'm stuck. Can anyone help?

Unfortunately I didnt, I figured it was only a couple of lines. I'm doing a pretty big database and the editor isn't much help without the right info at hand.

Does this look right to people?

<!-- fields for the person table -->

<record id="prrs">

<list id="fields">

<record db_field="pers,dbnm" width="-2"/> <!-- name -->

<record db_field="pers,Pnti" width="-2"/> <!-- nation -->

<record db_field="pers,Pcti" width="-2"/> <!-- club -->

<record db_field="pers,Pcjt" width="60"/> <!-- job -->

<record db_field="pers,Ppsr" width="60"/> <!-- position -->

<record db_field="pers,PCAB" width="60"/> <!-- current ability -->

<record db_field="pers,PPAB" width="60"/> <!-- potential ability -->

</list>

</record>

From this I only get name, nation,player and job, no matter how much i play with the width. There's space for more columns as well and the with="-2" should auto-shrink!

Thanks!

I know that 10.3 removed the ability to display CA and PA in the game (apparently there was an unofficial skin released which showed these prior to 10.3). I guess it may have had the same effect for the editor?

I know that 10.3 removed the ability to display CA and PA in the game (apparently there was an unofficial skin released which showed these prior to 10.3). I guess it may have had the same effect for the editor?

Gutted. Makes the editor not much use if I can't see this kind of info readily. Can anyone from SI confirm?

Not sure actually because it isn't displaying the position either, in fact I can't alter the columns at all, even when deleting those that are displayed. Tried removing the cache as well. I have the original backup of the player pui and editing that from scratch doesnt work either.

You need to add it to a country that isn't in the game by default. A good idea is to use Liechtenstein, since that doesn't have a league, so you don't need to worry about messing things up too much.

Thanks Dave.

EDIT:

So, I've loaded 10.3

Duplicated the Champions League to create a competition called the RBS Six Nations under continent Europe.

I've created Nation Rules under New Caledonia and have had to list the RBS Nation as same in order to have a drop down in nation rules.

So, do I then build it under nation rules or under advanced? Surely I don't build all the rounds under nation rules as they are all built under a Stage in advanced rules.

Thanks Dave.

So, select country and add nation rules having already added a comp to the database by duplicating the FA Cup for example.

How do I then make the advanced panel link to the nation rules?

You do not add a competition to nation_rules if creating it via the advanced panel. If you are using the advanced panel for a competition you need to use the advanced panel to create nation rules. To do this you change the type from competition to nation.

You must do this from scratch however. One good way of doing this would be to assign the competition to say England in the db, but in advanced nation rules assign it to Liechtenstein. When you load the Liechtenstein "league" (set the cup as its top tier) it will appear in the England tab in the actual game.

However, never never use advanced rules and standard nation_rules as the nation_rules overrides the advanced rules.

You do not add a competition to nation_rules if creating it via the advanced panel. If you are using the advanced panel for a competition you need to use the advanced panel to create nation rules. To do this you change the type from competition to nation.

You must do this from scratch however. One good way of doing this would be to assign the competition to say England in the db, but in advanced nation rules assign it to Liechtenstein. When you load the Liechtenstein "league" (set the cup as its top tier) it will appear in the England tab in the actual game.

However, never never use advanced rules and standard nation_rules as the nation_rules overrides the advanced rules.

Thank you Stephen, I begin to understand.

I'll use New Caledonia and follow the above. I was unaware of the need to actually load the league. Can I get it to show under Europe rather than a nation?

Ok, got it loaded up in game - which is cool! Thanks Stephen.

Couple of questions if I may?

When I click on World, I get England twice.

First drop down England contains English Comps

Second drop down of England contains the 6 Nations???

Normal? Schoolboy error?

I can't bloody believe what I just done. I was about ready to start throwing things out the window as it was buggering up the closing stage fixtures. I was trying all sorts of rubbish like how team selection was done, changing league fates and all that rubbish. I go for some coffee to calm down, taken a quick scan and BAM!, the closing stage is messed up, the start date was set to 1/7/09, but the end date was 1/11/08. Now it works fine, since I don't have the closing stage finishing before the opening stage even starts, nevermind after the closing starts.

I really shouldn't do editor stuff after a 10 hour shift.

Oooohh, got mine working.

Seeding seems to be keeping teams from same nation apart as well as seeding on reputation and playing the lowest seeds at home, which is all good.

Couple of major issues.

1) When I click on World, I get England twice. First drop down England contains English Comps, and second drop down of England contains the 6 Nations??? Surely should only be one England in dropdown?

2) 6NC fixtures don't show up in team fixture lists???

3) Gillingham won 3-2 aet in 1st Preliminary Round, but in the Tree display it says they got a Bye to the second round! Seems to happen a lot! Eh? What? my fault, or an SI bug?

The first two issues are probably to do with you using a non-Euro country to make your competition. The third is because this is very experimental, and by official SI word, it's not to be used.

Yeah, the third issue is mostly cosmetic and has little effect ingame.

But the first two? Liechenstein? It is in Europe, or is it because I started out with it in New Caledonia that even when I move it it doesn't register?

the second England tab appears because the 6NC was not part of the england nation_rules.

As to why it has no fixtures... I have only noticed this when creating a competition without a nation. It may be down to several things e.g. have you set the competition type as club_finals etc.

Archived