The Advanced Panel Activation Guide & Teamspeak Thread

For some time now I have been speaking with some users of the Advanced Panel section of the editor on my Teamspeak Server. There we can chat using headsets and ask questions, upload files for testing and downloading files for referencing.

The ultimate goal with this is to gather information from all users, experienced and new beginners, to get a guide up and running, and at the same time taking on something I call Project Africa - an attempt to make the African continent completely playable.

One person can't do this on their own, why do you think Sports Interactive employ so many people? So if we get together, we can learn faster.

I will be using this wiki to write a guide for the advanced panel.

At the moment I have only given a guide on activating the Advanced Panel. More will be added soon.

I have a server set up for a client called Teamspeak 3 (download HERE) where you can chat with others who use a headset in realtime. Although it is ideal for voice chat, those who do not are still welcome to join, but they may feel left out and go and buy a headset before rejoining :D

If you want to join, download the client through the link above, then once installed:

JOIN THE SERVER HERE (make sure the application is closed before you click the link otherwise it will not load up)

Then you'll be in my lobby!

We will be scheduling times when we will come on, and we will advertise here when the server will be up and available for chat. When you get to the lobby, I will message you the password to join the channel for voice chat.

THERE ARE NO SCHEDULED DATES FOR THE SERVER TO BE ONLINE.

IF YOU CANNOT CONNECT TO THE SERVER IT MEANS IT IS OFFLINE. THERE IS NO PASSWORD TO JOIN THE SERVER BUT TO JOIN THE CHAT YOU MUST REQUEST A PASSWORD, INSTRUCTIONS ARE GIVEN ON MY TEAMSPEAK MOTD.

We can use this as a base of gathering attendance, but I would still like users to use the appropriate thread for advanced tips, found HERE.

For some time now I have been speaking with some users of the Advanced Panel section of the editor on my Teamspeak Server. There we can chat using headsets and ask questions, upload files for testing and downloading files for referencing.

The ultimate goal with this is to gather information from all users, experienced and new beginners, to get a guide up and running, and at the same time taking on something I call Project Africa - an attempt to make the African continent completely playable.

One person can't do this on their own, why do you think Sports Interactive employ so many people? So if we get together, we can learn faster.

I have a server set up for a client called Teamspeak 3 (download HERE) where you can chat with others who use a headset in realtime. Although it is ideal for voice chat, those who do not are still welcome to join, but they may feel left out and go and buy a headset before rejoining :D

If you want to join, download the client through the link above, then once installed:

JOIN THE SERVER HERE (make sure the application is closed before you click the link otherwise it will not load up)

Then you'll be in my lobby!

We will be scheduling times when we will come on, and we will advertise here when the server will be up and available for chat. When you get to the lobby, I will message you the password to join the channel for voice chat.

THE CURRENT SCHEDULES DATES ARE WEDNESDAY 19th MAY 20:00 GMT AND THURSDAY 20th MAY 20:00 GMT

We can use this as a base of gathering attendance, but I would still like users to use the appropriate thread for advanced tips, found HERE.

This is indeed good news. You have stated that you guys are attempting to make the whole of the African continent completely playable. What about the rest of the other 5 continents then? Will you guys be trying those as well thus making ALL nations playable, including non-FIFA members as well? :)

This is indeed good news. You have stated that you guys are attempting to make the whole of the African continent completely playable. What about the rest of the other 5 continents then? Will you guys be trying those as well thus making ALL nations playable, including non-FIFA members as well? :)

One step at a time ;) I already have a file for Oceania, with some nations from there, the biggest one being New Zealand - it isn't perfected just yet and I am taking a small break from it so I can actually play the game.

We haven't started at the project just yet, but it is something I would like to do. There are some good African Leagues already out but I want to test our knowledge of the Advanced Panels with a megafile for all the African Leagues. This can only be possible with collaboration.

One step at a time ;) I already have a file for Oceania, with some nations from there, the biggest one being New Zealand - it isn't perfected just yet and I am taking a small break from it so I can actually play the game.

We haven't started at the project just yet, but it is something I would like to do. There are some good African Leagues already out but I want to test our knowledge of the Advanced Panels with a megafile for all the African Leagues. This can only be possible with collaboration.

Well, I would love to collaborate but I am a newbie when it comes to editing! I tried creating an Afghan league but the teams were unplayable to manage! It was all grayed out! :(

Again, the server is a place for everyone to join, experts with knowledge of the panels and newbies beginning to learn how to use them.

That issue is actually easily solved by taking out the setup date for the competition.

I have added a link to a wiki I am going to use for a guide. It includes a file download and a guide on how to activate the Advanced Panel, for those who want to know how to do it.

Very nice - have wanted a wiki for FM for a long time. While this isn't really what I was thinking (I wanted one for EVERYTHING) this is basically all I needed it for :)

Can't wait to see it when it's fully fleshed out. I'd help out, but I've only really just got my head around the standard editor at this stage...hence needing a wiki for the advanced editor lol!

Hey guys,

My busy period is coming to an end pretty soon so I'll finally get some free time! So I'll join in with chats soon. Hopefully I'll get chance to finish off some of the leagues I've been working on.

I'm trying to get to grips with it and I was looking at a malaysian league and next to disciplinary rules it said that I could find the disciplinary code for the nation in the nation's .xml file.

Or am I just making stuff up again?

When you add a nation into your Advanced Rules panel you can set disciplinary rules, these will be assigned a number depending how many you make (Rule 0 is the first, 1 is second, 2 is third etc.) When you create competitions you can get the competition to get discipline rule 0, 1 or 2 depending on which you want to get. This works the same way for fixture rules.

I'd like to know of a country not in the game by default but in the database that people would like in the game. That way I can do a step by step guide on my wiki for those who want to know how to set the league up.

Japan maybe, if you could? mightn't be worth it though with the lack of players :(

egypt or one of the richer arabian leagues would be cool too

can i suggest that an irc channel might be better place to discuss the advanced panel editor, might be more convenient and easier to use

anyway good luck with the project :)

Has anyone created an old-style European Cup and the Cup Winners Cup using this before? I was going to try but I don't know enough about the advanced pannel yet to give it a go. Might be something that would interest a more experianced user?

Has anyone created an old-style European Cup and the Cup Winners Cup using this before? I was going to try but I don't know enough about the advanced pannel yet to give it a go. Might be something that would interest a more experianced user?

I am very interested in this. I have written a Italian downdate for 1965-66 (Serie A e B teams) but I want play the old cups.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't had the server online for a while so I am putting it up now. I'll also include the password to the channel, which is 'panel' - as I might not be available to chat at all times.

I'm currently messing around with options in the advanced panel, mainly to do with England, active leagues and lower divisions.

Ok, so i read your Wiki thing and tried to download the file which supposedly activates the advanced panel. it downloaded fine but the panel did not appear.

ye also said something about manually editing the XML file: HOW do i do that? not everyone is as computer literate as you and i'd appreciate some guidance

please help, ta.

Ok, read all that, looks like somewhere along the line i have got severely confused. I was under the impression that there was a way of activating the advanced panel by editing an XML document, rather than just using XML editing to perform the same functions as would be available with the advanced panel.

never mind, i'll just try the download again. Any idea why it wouldn't have worked before?

Archived