Regen dubbed the NEXT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres a question i've always wondered... if some is dubbed "the next" i assume this is because their stats are distributed in the same relative manner as the player they are dubbed to be. Would it be beneficial to buy that player they are dubbed to be and get them to tutor... i would assume so??!! Also is it worthwhile keeping a player (36 and over) who were great to tutor even after their stats have declined????

For example i go about collecting aging stars on free transfer or even for small transfers in the hope of having a good 6-7 tutors. eg ronaldinho, gattuso, Pirlo, cahill, Rio, terry, viduka(jk).... using these aged players with lower stats i'm just unsure whether its benefical to tutoring with these players OR younger players who are nowhere near as good but who's stats are better because they are in their prime?!!?!?

E.g do i tutor a player with a 36 yr old Kaka OR a 27 yr old modric??

For example i go about collecting aging stars on free transfer or even for small transfers in the hope of having a good 6-7 tutors. eg ronaldinho, gattuso, Pirlo, cahill, Rio, terry, viduka(jk).... using these aged players with lower stats i'm just unsure whether its benefical to tutoring with these players OR younger players who are nowhere near as good but who's stats are better because they are in their prime?!!?!?

E.g do i tutor a player with a 36 yr old Kaka OR a 27 yr old modric??

FoA, there is an age difference of 3 years between Kaka and Modric. So please don't give a wrong impression to the people. Kaka is not old yet :)

SoA, tutoring is related mostly(maybe completely) to the mental and technical attributes. And I assume that an 36 year old Kaka would have very bad physical attributes but mentally and technically he would still be fairly good(slight decreases in technical may occur but mentally can be even better I guess).

So at this point, you should look at the player and see which player would be a better role model. Kaka and Modric are both great players but have different unique styles of play. Maybe you should look at the preferred positions of all 3 players and make a good overall judgment about your player.

When looking for potential tutors, I only ever look out for high determination and good personality.

Also, does anyone else notice that many good regen AMCs have poor off the ball? I've never seen a regen AMC go close to 20 for off the ball.

yeah. obviously if you have some regen with 18 determination who is dubbed "the next Roman Pavlyuchenko", you probably don't want Pav to actually tutor him because it will probably lower his determination.

Gulerba... ok well the kaka/modric age difference was not the point.... nor was it the two players i was to choose from, just a comparison.... let me re-phrase.... would it be any difference tutoring with a 30yr old kaka to a 36yr old kaka... I would imagine in real life there would be no difference....

Gulerba... ok well the kaka/modric age difference was not the point.... nor was it the two players i was to choose from, just a comparison.... let me re-phrase.... would it be any difference tutoring with a 30yr old kaka to a 36yr old kaka... I would imagine in real life there would be no difference....

OK I get your point. Of course the 36 year old will be far worse of a player than the 30 year old one of any particular player(well except goalkeepers). This is mainly because of the physical disrupt of the player for sure. So I believe even the player(36 y.o.) is not as good as he was(at 30), he should be able to be a tutor of similar quality. Because his personality and his style wouldn't change much. I'm no expert at this issue though.

beckham is 36 in my game, and i let him tutor this young prospect who was touted to be the next owen hargreaves, after a season, the youngsters determination went to 20 (not sure if that was 20 already) but he also gained beckhams prefered moves as well. i am tutoring him with diarra of Mali, see if he gains more expereince!

This game is too addictive!!

ive found the next-

sounness, gazza, jim baxter, joe jordan, ally mccoist, zannetti, klinsman, laudrup, didier deschamps, and a load of brazillian guys whos names i dont recognise. sorry i just cant be arsed loading up screenshots, im not all that cumpooter litarit

none of these were regens either...oops did i miss the point of the thread?

I don't know if i've picked everything up wrong here but here goes...

a player who is past his best isn't a good choice for tutoring youngsters due to the decline in stats ?

it's just i thought they would be better choices due to experience and what not

so sorry if i've picked it up wrong .

it doesnt really matter... its more like depending on players status in the team..if you will bring a player to your team just for tutoring he might not be so succesfull ...i brought Rosina (BORN LEADER - influence 20, determination 20) just to tutor as he was 38 or something like that...he did well but clearly he would do better if he was adapted to english style and all

I remember somebody posted a thread before saying he had a player dubbed the new Ronaldo, and he used a scout thing to check the player's ca/pa and the player's Pa was 144.

Since i read that, i don't really take much notice of the 'Dubbed the next' feature. :p

I think this feature only checks a player's CA relative to his age. I signed a 16 year old regen from Bury for 55k pounds (for Huddersfield in the Championship) and he was dubbed the "next John Terry". I don't think his PA is higher than 150.

I don't really look but I did have the next souness on 09, a good example of why I don't send players out on loan (as he's the only youth player I've done that wirth recently) though as I got used to judging young players he either would have been a late developer, merely 'reasonable' (probably both at the same time) or never that good.

if you look in the editor there is a list of players to be compared to, thats why its possible to get players as the next beckenbauer even though he doesnt have any playing stats in the game, coz there is a list of names in the database with some characteristics, not just height eg: determined tall defender or unprofessional midfielder

I've got a regen called Johan Cruijff.

He hasn't been dubbed "the new" etc. But at the age of 20 he is a starting winger for my Inter Milan team (AML), classed as a wonderkid, and at 17 played almost a full seaosn at leverkusen.

Got his first cap when he was 18 and is Hollands youngest ever goalscorer.

So i've made it up in my head that he is the grandson of Johan Cruijff (its only 2021, so its possible!)

I've got a regen called Johan Cruijff.

He hasn't been dubbed "the new" etc. But at the age of 20 he is a starting winger for my Inter Milan team (AML), classed as a wonderkid, and at 17 played almost a full seaosn at leverkusen.

Got his first cap when he was 18 and is Hollands youngest ever goalscorer.

So i've made it up in my head that he is the grandson of Johan Cruijff (its only 2021, so its possible!)

Jordi's son, thats just insane.

Archived