Regen dubbed the NEXT

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This topic highlights how rubbish the "The next..." system is!

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=4907330&postcount=59 - The next David Beckham, a youngster who is fast but with crossing 4. Seriously, come on!!

I've got the "next Tony Adams" floating around my squad but other than being English and good in the air I'm not seeing many similarities.

Maybe it could be improved but how many players have been labelled the next maradonna irl? Messi looks like he'll be the first to live up to the label but so many others have failed before him.

so when the next bunch of regens retire, do the next bunch of regens could be come the next regens that have just retired? or do they still become the next gerards? or torres or gascoinges 40 years on?

thats a good question, i'd like to know the answer to that too.

Just had a look through some of the U19s squads (In 2018) and found.

The next:

Glenn Hoddle

Paul Ince

Ashley Cole

Michael Owen

Tony Adams

Basile Boli

Luis Fernandez

Mario Sergio

Zinho

Serginho Chulapa

Antonio Carlos

Jairzinho

Baggio

Daniel Passarella

Ramon Diaz

Esteban Cambiasso

Juan Sebastian Veron

Marcos Senna

Daniele de Rossi

Christian Vieri

Antonio Cabrini

Rafael van der Vaart

Darren Fletcher

Just had a look through some of the U19s squads (In 2018) and found.

The next:

Glenn Hoddle

Paul Ince

Ashley Cole

Michael Owen

Tony Adams

Basile Boli

Luis Fernandez

Mario Sergio

Zinho

Serginho Chulapa

Antonio Carlos

Jairzinho

Baggio

Daniel Passarella

Ramon Diaz

Esteban Cambiasso

Juan Sebastian Veron

Marcos Senna

Daniele de Rossi

Christian Vieri

Antonio Cabrini

Rafael van der Vaart

Darren Fletcher

i never thought about looking at under 21s squad for new players, lol, great advice!!

so when the next bunch of regens retire, do the next bunch of regens could be come the next regens that have just retired? or do they still become the next gerards? or torres or gascoinges 40 years on?

i'm in 2035 and the england u21 u20 and u19 sides has the next:

2 x Michael Owen

Owen Hargreaves

3 x Sol Campbell

Alan Shearer

3 x Ashley Cole

Bobby Moore

Tbh, I think it is an attempt to add flavour to the game, and nothing more

Sure, IRL, many players are dubbed the next "such 'n' such, and many of them tend to fall flat on their faces (media over-hype as pointed out earlier)

I tend to ignore it personally

Tbh, I think it is an attempt to add flavour to the game, and nothing more

Sure, IRL, many players are dubbed the next "such 'n' such, and many of them tend to fall flat on their faces (media over-hype as pointed out earlier)

I tend to ignore it personally

Very true.

This one is special, I could of sworn this was the guy dubbed the next Wayne Rooney about 2 days ago before I signed him though? :confused:

MattVarney.png?t=1271608822#

i have yet to find the new shearer or charlton everyone should write down all theplayers they find the new of i will do that tonight.

i have yet to find the new shearer or charlton everyone should write down all theplayers they find the new of i will do that tonight.

You can just look in the editor, each country has a list of famous players, "the next so-and-so" is just taken from that list based on position, and height.

I'm managing Brighton in 2014, just survived my first season in the premier and my facilities have just been approved an upgrade, but with the original facilities when the game started (average) I've had these two through:

Dubbed the next Paul Ince

palmerattscopy.jpg

palmerdubcopy.jpg

Little sceptical on that one...

..and the next Michael Own

evansdub.jpg

evansatts.jpg

Does who you have as your assman or staff affect their judgement? How do you rate their chances of coming good?

I just found the next kaka on my game although he aint considered a wonderkid which is a let down. Still bought him.

A wonderkid is just a good young player who has sufficent reputation, a player who isn't a wonderkid can still be great.

i have a 20 yo midfielder who isn't a wonderkid but has 3.5 stars and is rated the same as my world class midfielder. I also have a wonderkid defender in the side with only 2 stars.

Archived