Managers money

Can anybody tell me if they have sorted out the money you earn. you should be able to put it towards tranfers, or even saving to buy a club of your own, this needs sorting out because in 09 you cant not use the money!!!!

Sorted out? It's fine as it is, how often do you see Alex Ferguson buy a player with his own wages! Ridiculous post, which has been asked many times before. I would prefer they focus their attention on the football management side of the game, not on building a conservatory extension to their 4 bed semi.

It has been sorted out, its purely cosmetic its too pointless to be able to add things for you to buy. If you want to spend it buy sims 3, create yourself and use a money cheat to give yourself the money you've earnt on fm and enjoy. But for everyone else i think we all prefer to manage a football club.

EDIT: Sorry they're not purely cosmetic, i just noticed below that they affect job security. You learn something new everyday.

Wages come out of the club's budget, and are used in the calculation for severence packages (which affects job security) amongst others things.

And anyway, all of their wages have to go into mansion rent and trophy wives!

P.S. Are there any examples of a manager using their own money for transfers? Would you use your wages to buy stationary for your office??

Manager - Hey Mr Chairman i want a new player

Chairman - Sorry no money in the coffers

Manager - Thats ok. I'll buy him out of my wages cause I don't use them they just sit there.

Chairman - Oh so i don't really need to give you a £125000pw contract. Cool You can work for Free!!

Manager - Ok

I dont think so

Manager - Hey Mr Chairman i want a new player

Chairman - Sorry no money in the coffers

Manager - Thats ok. I'll buy him out of my wages cause I don't use them they just sit there.

Chairman - Oh so i don't really need to give you a £125000pw contract. Cool You can work for Free!!

Manager - Ok

I dont think so

Touche nice one.

When negotiating a contract with a club its best just to take as little as possible so your not taking money from your own player wages/transfer budget given by the chairman, so in my eyes trying to haggle with the chairman for more wages for yourself is silly

you might aswell work for free! considering you cant use it, so can anyone tell me why they put manager wages in the game??? Why have something there if you can't use it!!!!!

You can't use it but in real life each manager has a wage and this will be paid by the club. Therefore it is a cost to the club and this will need to be reflected in FM as it is an expenditure. :)

you might aswell work for free! considering you cant use it, so can anyone tell me why they put manager wages in the game??? Why have something there if you can't use it!!!!!

Because it creates immersion. FM is not The Sims, however, so you don't really have any use of it. It's more so you can see how much you're worth to the club. and even if they did give you something to do with the cash, you'll run out of stuff to do in a few seasons, I bet.

You can't use it but in real life each manager has a wage and this will be paid by the club. Therefore it is a cost to the club and this will need to be reflected in FM as it is an expenditure. :)

i think they need to bring manager bans in so that you have to pay a fine out of your own money :)

Because it creates immersion. FM is not The Sims, however, so you don't really have any use of it. It's more so you can see how much you're worth to the club. and even if they did give you something to do with the cash, you'll run out of stuff to do in a few seasons, I bet.

Do you play the sims??? because i dont!

They already have manager bans, although whether any fines comes out of your earnings, I don't know.

Aside from that, wages already function in terms of job security and are a realistic expenditure for clubs. They don't need to do anything else in game.

Do you play the sims??? because i dont!

You didn't actually read the post, did you? FM is NOT The Sims and thus you shouldn't get to play around with imaginary money. However, you get to negotiate a contract because it creates immersion (ie. making you think you're actually a manager instead of a substitute for an AI). This shouldn't be difficult to understand.

You didn't actually read the post, did you? FM is NOT The Sims and thus you shouldn't get to play around with imaginary money. However, you get to negotiate a contract because it creates immersion (ie. making you think you're actually a manager instead of a substitute for an AI). This shouldn't be difficult to understand.

okay............

The wages I'd say should definitely have some significance, not putting money towards transfers but somthing at least. Perhaps the blog today on achievements might talk about the manager's wages.

They do have significance, as has been mentioned several times in this thread already if anyone bothers to read through, they count towards the clubs total expenditure and they have an effect on job security. A club is less likely to sack a manager on a high wage because it will cost them alot in severance pay. Therefore, the more wages you earn, the less likely it is you will be sacked.

Just stick the wagesback into the club what happends if you club goes backkrupt???

Then you will be sacked or have no cash to spend!

Numerous times, it has been said that wages are a form of job security. The higher the wage, the less chance of getting the boot as it will cost the club to more to get rid of you.

Then you will be sacked or have no cash to spend!

Numerous times, it has been said that wages are a form of job security. The higher the wage, the less chance of getting the boot as it will cost the club to more to get rid of you.

ok i fully understand mate, so your telling me on football manager its best to offer the most money you can?? i didnt no the wages had anything to do with the job secruity :D:thup:

ok i fully understand mate, so your telling me on football manager its best to offer the most money you can?? i didnt no the wages had anything to do with the job secruity :D:thup:

If the board will accept your wage demands, then for job security its best to take as much as you can. However, this can impact on your clubs finances and budgets in the future. Thats why its best to try and find a balance :)

Has anyone read the rest of the threads made by this guy? All as pointless of the next. If you want this, then player Fifa Manager, you can buy houses, cars and even rockets on their, so play that. Yeah it is kind of fun, but there is no way of implementing it without wit being gimmicky. I like the fact that they give you wages, whether you can spend them doesn't really matter, its a lot more realistic than not having one. Gives you a sense of achievement when you get an increase.

Nee Nar Nee Nar................ FREEZE, Forum Police! :D

Has anyone read the rest of the threads made by this guy? All as pointless of the next. If you want this, then player Fifa Manager, you can buy houses, cars and even rockets on their, so play that. Yeah it is kind of fun, but there is no way of implementing it without wit being gimmicky. I like the fact that they give you wages, whether you can spend them doesn't really matter, its a lot more realistic than not having one. Gives you a sense of achievement when you get an increase.

If you dont like his threads then dont post in them, simples.

i dont think you no what your going on about, i didnt say nothing about buying houses, i was talking about the wage but its ok now i understand :D

Not sure about this idea. I remember reading once (I think in Joe Royle's book but can't be sure) that someone put the money in to buy a player but that wasn't repeated because of the issues of having someone put money into directly buy a player then be entitled to part of the sell-on fee or something. Admitedly its been a while since I read that bit and of course putting money in doesn't necessarily constitute an investment, just saying something similar (though it wasn't the manager) has happened and there were concerns about it.

The op has posted an idea, its only a suggestion and yes it may have been suggested before, and yes he should of done a search before he posted, however other members of the forum should not be responding back in a rude manner or sarcastically.

If people dont like certain threads then dont post in them simple.

Everyone has a right to post their ideas and members have the right to agree or disagree, but giving constructive feedback is the best way without making the op look foolish / silly etc, this is one of many reasons why the forums have become more quiet over the years and prevents people from posting.

Many features in FM have been implemented by SI from forum members suggestions and i would be more then happy for people to continue posting their ideas then not posting at all.

Some have stated earlier in this thread that higher wages make you less likely to get sacked. How absurd! Staying with an incompetent manager with high wages will cost the club more than if he is sacked ASAP. I shouldn't need to mention that you are less likely to get hired in the first place if you ask for higher wages.

On the other hand, having lower wages means the club has more to spend on transfers and wages, you can have a better team, and maintain better finances. This all means you have a lower chance to get sacked.

Some have stated earlier in this thread that higher wages make you less likely to get sacked. How absurd! Staying with an incompetent manager with high wages will cost the club more than if he is sacked ASAP. I shouldn't need to mention that you are less likely to get hired in the first place if you ask for higher wages.

On the other hand, having lower wages means the club has more to spend on transfers and wages, you can have a better team, and maintain better finances. This all means you have a lower chance to get sacked.

Yes, I have to agree with you here!

It's not absurd at all.

The reason clubs are less likely to sack a high paid manager is that they are contracted to pay him that high amount until a certain date, and if they sack him before this date they are obliged to pay him that money, hence it costs a lot to sack him.

Archived