Football Manager Classic 2015 Features Video Official Feedback Thread

• Administrators

[video=youtube;9w1LENuG0Pw]

To follow up the FM Features video, once again Sports Interactive's very own Miles Jacobson is here talking through some of the new features and improvements which will be included within Football Manager Classic. It's just a four minute video, so again, please bear in mind these are only some of the changes the game will undergo.

What we'd like from you is some feedback from the video in this thread. As always we expect all kinds of feedback, but please remember to try and keep it as constructive as possible. Also if you have any questions (and I'll say now we can't announce any further features!) please do feel free to ask them and we'll try to answer as well as we can.

Remember you can pre-order the game now and get access to the pre-release beta. The game itself will be released on the 7th November 2014.

Disappointing that video, really. For the game setup, i didn't see any difference compared to last year, except the skip pre-season button(where is the retain players from a certain nation etc.?). Those unlockables are just nonsense (personal opinion), wanting a streamlined version doesn't mean i want to circumvent regular bans or serve lionel messi a bad lasagna. The biggest fact though is that editor compatibility was left out, when will i be able to manage in the Faroe Islands again, why won't you let me do that? (I know, i can just play the full version) The only good thing is the option to ask the board for almost all the possible things, especially youth setup.

• Administrators
We're actually going to be able to retrain player positions in classic now? AWESOME:) Can we do PPMs too?

If you want. You could retain player positions anyway and influence player training in the last two versions depending on how the player was played. It was more indirect influence into that side of things, but now you'll be able to see what's going on and assign things yourself if you want to as it shows you in the video.

Question about Tutoring, the video makes it sound like it's going to be completely automatic, will we have any input at all?

That's what was said, yes. Your assistant will pair players together where possible at the start of a season.

After the video I am honestly more thrilled about the full version than FMC. FMC still remains about the same with the added training options, which are nice. I was waiting for a tactical analysis option but perhaps it is in there - it seems in both videos the tactics details have been kept quite hidden. I had asked for some limited team talks and we got a team meeting before important games - a step forward. I had asked for disallowing first season budget - unfortunately, that didn't seem to make it, unless the option is there but not shown.

Basically, FMC is about the same with added features, and I would play it if the full version hadn't had such nice updates to scouting, UI, etc. I will know when I play the game for real how it actually plays out. I always liked the flow of FMC and that is still there.

disappointing

No ability to use fake players

an option that was in the old classic FMs and is currently in the full game that doesn't go against the spirit of the mode

Does anyone know how many people use the "Use Fake Players" option?

I'm not sure how the apparent exclusion of this detracts from the game, but then that's just my opinion because it isn't an option I use.

Must admit, disappointed that the database can't be customised.

I'm sure Lucas has posted before to say that this is far from an easy transition to make - the database structures of FMC and Fat Mode differ, in spite of sharing the same data.

I'm no database guy really, but I'm sure that was the gist of things.

I'm pretty pleased by the video. My wishlist entries included Analysis Tab (which I don't see :( ), but also more involvement in Training and specifically PPM training (which I do see).

2 out of 3 is a decent return and to be honest, my bond with the Analysis Tab loosened a bit in FM14 as I grew used to its absence.

I'm pretty pleased by the video. My wishlist entries included Analysis Tab (which I don't see :( ), but also more involvement in Training and specifically PPM training (which I do see).

2 out of 3 is a decent return and to be honest, my bond with the Analysis Tab loosened a bit in FM14 as I grew used to its absence.

Interface design looks a bit childish though, that was my first impression.

What specifically? The general panels looked similar to FMC14, "just" the sidebar was obviously "new" to me.

Everything, it simply didn't impress me, vertical bar apart, it's the same FM 13 classic skin and I don't consider this as a positive thing, could the community develop something better?

I'm not sure how the apparent exclusion of this detracts from the game, but then that's just my opinion because it isn't an option I use.

I use the fake players sometimes, it can be nice, but it's riddled with issues.

Family with different names, the Pogbas all have different last names, Diego Simeone's son a different last name, etc.

All loans are cancelled. This can be an advantage, though, depending on your view.

Younger players get randomized CA(it seems), in one save, I picked up Courtois off Chelsea for 3m(and he was still young enough to easily peak), because he wasn't as developed as in real life, Oscar was transfer listed for 1.2m, and I saw a Ballotelli so under grown that Milan were willing to sell him for free, but noone would take him because his massive wages.

PPM training is the biggie, IMO, have had players ruined in FMC before, because my AssMan decided my box to box cm needed "plays short simple passes" when I specifically wanted him to be adventurous, my star striker that suddenly needed "shoots with power" and started skying every shot,or my cb's needed "Dives Into Tackles", when I play a clean, disciplined game with Stay On Feet always in effect.

PPM training is the biggie, IMO, have had players ruined in FMC before, because my AssMan decided my box to box cm needed "plays short simple passes" when I specifically wanted him to be adventurous, my star striker that suddenly needed "shoots with power" and started skying every shot,or my cb's needed "Dives Into Tackles", when I play a clean, disciplined game with Stay On Feet always in effect.

Completely agree - we can presumably unlearn the dreaded shooting PPMs that blight some players, as well as tailoring players into exactly what we want them to be. It's a real improvement for FMC in my opinion.

I'd also like to apply Role training different to the Role the player is playing in, which we couldn't do in FM14. As an example I think it is BBM training which trains more attributes than any other midfield Role? If he is playing as a bog standard Central Midfielder it saves faff I can potentially now just lazily train as many attributes as possible in a sneaky way!

Completely agree - we can presumably unlearn the dreaded shooting PPMs that blight some players, as well as tailoring players into exactly what we want them to be. It's a real improvement for FMC in my opinion.

I'd also like to apply Role training different to the Role the player is playing in, which we couldn't do in FM14. As an example I think it is BBM training which trains more attributes than any other midfield Role? If he is playing as a bog standard Central Midfielder it saves faff I can potentially now just lazily train as many attributes as possible in a sneaky way!

Yup, the BBM role trains a lot of lovely stats, I know guys who even train strikers who are competent in midfield with BBM because of the stats it covers, that's a tad more sneaky(almost gaming the system?). In full fat I always had my CM(a)'s train as BBM's.

I doubt there's ever be a pre-game editor(much as I'd like it) as longs as they used the Unlockable system, and Bank Balance booster. It'd be counter productive, as you could just edit whatever you like in the pre-game.

Beginning to feel that I may shift across to FMC this year, I've avoided it in the past because prolonged exposure to that bright white skin really hurt my failing eyes! Does anyone know if there will be a dark skin option for FMC this year? Many Thanks.

True about the skin. I dim my screen brightness when playing FMC. There is usually one good soul who makes a darker skin... the one I use http://sortitoutsi.net/downloads/view/9898/fm14-released-vexillium-for-fm14-and-fmc14

No pre-game editor. That was the only feature I was hoping for.

Me too, the editor even if it was a pre-game editor was the tipping point on whether I was going to buy the game... think I will switch to the full version, which I am gutted about as I love the FMC mode.

Looks great, and I like the additions, especially having more control over training without having to go into the excruciating detail found in Full Fat.

"Dodgy Lasange" is fine, but not my cup of tea. I'd prefer 100% realism, tbh.

My two main requests remain:

1. Ability to use "Instant Result" at any point in a match, such as when I'm winning 5-0.

2. During game setup, having the ability (via a wizard is fine) to add custom players to the db. To define a use case: I'd like to add my sons to the game. I'd like the wizard to ask me their names & birthdates and desired ages upon game start, to ask what potential I want to give them (i.e. world-class), and if I want to customize any attributes, positions, etc... or if I want those randomized. And of course personal affinities (I am their father, after all). I'd pay $20 for this as an unlockable, easy.

But good stuff, looking forward to it SI!

I'm sure Lucas has posted before to say that this is far from an easy transition to make - the database structures of FMC and Fat Mode differ, in spite of sharing the same data.

I'm no database guy really, but I'm sure that was the gist of things.

Do you remember the time for the first FMC(FM13), with the bug that would let u use a custom database from the full version. That worked pretty well my friend, played a lot in Andorra and the Faroe Islands. Never got an explanation why that apparently worked well, but to implement it fully is not easy, if it even worked by accident? Come on :)

Do you remember the time for the first FMC(FM13), with the bug that would let u use a custom database from the full version. That worked pretty well my friend, played a lot in Andorra and the Faroe Islands. Never got an explanation why that apparently worked well, but to implement it fully is not easy, if it even worked by accident? Come on :)

Exactly! Seems like another soft SI excuse

Its certainly not scientific but in this thread where I posted a file on zippyshare that generates fake players for many teams and after a year the file is still being downloaded

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/371142-FM2014-generated-fake-players

Its certainly not scientific but in this thread where I posted a file on zippyshare that generates fake players for many teams and after a year the file is still being downloaded and the thread has 20000 views

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/371142-FM2014-generated-fake-players

I didn't use FMC in FM13 so have no idea. Either way, that sounds like it was a bug and the more recent information to hand is that the database structure in FMC14 was not directly compatible with Fat FM14. Just because something *worked* in the short term, doesn't mean that it wouldn't have longer term issues for that save. Either way, I don't know all the facts, you don't know all the facts, so there's no point second-guessing anything :brock:

it worked like a charme!!! played many seasons with it and no problems were noticed!

with an editor they can't earn anymore money from their stupid unlockables...

maybe make the editor an unlockable? I guess many many people would buy that...

• Administrators

Enough with the snide comments please. Already been noted by myself on the forums why this is the case. Please keep the thread on topic, thanks.

I think the additions are nice. It's a nice balance of things without pushing the game too far towards the main game, especially having a little more control over the roles and positions players play. It's nice how the database has been opened up so we have more control over the active leagues. I'm disappointed that custom players cannot be added to the database as that would have been a major selling point for me.

Since the assistant is assigning the tutoring partners how will they handle possible mentors will maybe not the best traits to be a mentor (personality types, PPMs)? Will they exclude certain players from being mentors?

Enough with the snide comments please. Already been noted by myself on the forums why this is the case. Please keep the thread on topic, thanks.

That is to be expected, no? It seems to be by far the most sought after feature for fmc. And in all fairness, it also seems (all hardship in implementing it aside, as you mentioned, noted!) that you guys are ignoring it or not really communicating openly about it. That obviously creates different opinions about why that is.

That is to be expected, no? It seems to be by far the most sought after feature for fmc. And in all fairness, it also seems (all hardship in implementing it aside, as you mentioned, noted!) that you guys are ignoring it or not really communicating openly about it. That obviously creates different opinions about why that is.

Exactly.

Many people used the FM13 exploit where we could use custom databases and it worked fine for as long as they played it, yet apparently using a custom database do not work because FMC uses a different database?

If SI explained this contradiction instead of ignoring it then we'd probably understand what the problem is. Why did it appear to work fine? In fact why does FMC even use a different database, why can't the game not just use the default database but be programmed to ignore certain features of it (then again I'm not a programmer..).

Of course SI doesn't have to answer these questions but negative posts should surely be expected when it is by far the most requested feature.

Lucas works for SI and has already confirmed the status regarding the editor:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368897-FMC2014-Official-Feedback-Thread?p=9261409&viewfull=1#post9261409

It was mentioned last year, the editor doesn't quite support FMC due to the amount of changes in the mode. Certain things wouldn't be clear from the dbc how they would work, and dbcs also affect game speed, so can hinder the mode as a quick way to play the game.

We're aware of people suggesting it, and there's even people internally have suggested it. But it's a feature request, and is something that may be considered for a future version if it's possible to include.

I can understand the consternation regarding it not being included but I don't see any reason perpetuating the angst when it is confirmed as not being included. It is currently not possible to enable an editor in an official capacity. Whether a bug in the past has seen some sort of editor / database functionality that isn't supported to work is not currently, officially relevant.

Please mention it yet again in the Wish List thread if you want to see this feature in FMC16. What is not really on is ignoring SI staff when they ask you politely not to continue with a line of questioning which already has an official response. What is also not on is creating threads purporting to link to third party FMC editors.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/368897-FMC2014-Official-Feedback-Thread?p=9261409&viewfull=1#post9261409

I can understand the consternation regarding it not being included but I don't see any reason perpetuating the angst when it is confirmed as not being included. It is currently not possible to enable an editor in an official capacity. Whether a bug in the past has seen some sort of editor / database functionality that isn't supported to work is not currently, officially relevant.

Please mention it yet again in the Wish List thread if you want to see this feature in FMC16. What is not really on is ignoring SI staff when they ask you politely not to continue with a line of questioning which already has an official response. What is also not on is creating threads purporting to link to third party FMC editors.

Yes, and as you pointed out he did that for the last version. And than people did what you suggested now and than. Turned to the Wishlist thread and made a wish. So you do get the feeling (at least one i have) of being given a "runaround". When the most mentioned request is not being mentioned the community will ask for it, but only feedback came after a backlash from the community. And it is a feedback thread after all. So if people feel something is left out and their wording is not too harsh (still one could argue all feedback is good feedback, matter of opinion), leave them be please.

Same thing about the "advanced pre-game database setup". I and another poster (Thread in main forum i believe) asked what the exact difference to last version is (except the skip button). Haven't received an official answer yet. Sometimes i feel like you guys are cherry-picking to whom and what you're responding to. I'm looking for an honest exchange here and would appreciate that being in both directions.

Look - I understand frustration. I requested the Analysis Tab - it doesn't look like it's in FMC15. I'm not getting overly excited about its omission because I'm a rational human being.

I'll request it again in the Wish List thread, and if it isn't in FMC16, I won't feel that I'm being given the runaround, I'll accept that there is a prioritisation process which attempts to balance the desires of the community with the technical resource need to enable that request.

SI cannot officially respond to every question that is posted every day. They have a small team and they are working like mad at the moment to deliver a good product so their focus is elsewhere. All I urge is that people are reasonable and don't have a sense of entitlement which builds into posts of an unnecessary tone. (Which, Linie, yours certainly did not :thup: )

• Administrators
Yes, and as you pointed out he did that for the last version. And than people did what you suggested now and than. Turned to the Wishlist thread and made a wish. So you do get the feeling (at least one i have) of being given a "runaround". When the most mentioned request is not being mentioned the community will ask for it, but only feedback came after a backlash from the community. And it is a feedback thread after all. So if people feel something is left out and their wording is not too harsh (still one could argue all feedback is good feedback, matter of opinion), leave them be please.

Same thing about the "advanced pre-game database setup". I and another poster (Thread in main forum i believe) asked what the exact difference to last version is (except the skip button). Haven't received an official answer yet. Sometimes i feel like you guys are cherry-picking to whom and what you're responding to. I'm looking for an honest exchange here and would appreciate that being in both directions.

Not everything posted in the wishlist thread can be done in a year. Not all feature ideas come from the wishlist thread either, plenty of us internally play FMC over FM as well, and yes, some of us would also like to use the editor. But, it is not currently possible for a number of reasons. We also can't spend our entire time answering every single question, and to continually post the same thing when the position has not changed is not necessarily helpful. Like you say, you are looking for an exchange but there is nothing more to say on the subject at this time.

It's unacceptable be asking for official answers and to be abusive, antagonistic and rude in response. It's not something that will be tolerated and will only serve to lessen the responses that you do get on the forums. If you want to be listened to, then treat us with the same respect you want us to treat you.

We're aware that the Editor is one of the most requested feature for FMC from the wishlist thread. Just because it wasn't included in FMC14 doesn't mean it won't eventually or preclude any possibilities as to what the future holds. There are many considerations that go into deciding what goes into a product, implementation is only a part of that. I understand that some of you are disappointed but, if this is something that you want for FMC then keep requesting it.

• Administrators

There isn't an difference in the setup - the feature is to skip pre-season.

Not everything posted in the wishlist thread can be done in a year. Not all feature ideas come from the wishlist thread either, plenty of us internally play FMC over FM as well, and yes, some of us would also like to use the editor. But, it is not currently possible for a number of reasons. We also can't spend our entire time answering every single question, and to continually post the same thing when the position has not changed is not necessarily helpful. Like you say, you are looking for an exchange but there is nothing more to say on the subject at this time.

It's unacceptable be asking for official answers and to be abusive, antagonistic and rude in response. It's not something that will be tolerated and will only serve to lessen the responses that you do get on the forums. If you want to be listened to, then treat us with the same respect you want us to treat you.

We're aware that the Editor is one of the most requested feature for FMC from the wishlist thread. Just because it wasn't included in FMC14 doesn't mean it won't eventually or preclude any possibilities as to what the future holds. There are many considerations that go into deciding what goes into a product, implementation is only a part of that. I understand that some of you are disappointed but, if this is something that you want for FMC then keep requesting it.

As i keep my responses usually as diplomatic as possible i assume the second paragraph is not aimed at me. ;) And i understand the technical development side of things as well as business decisions. Let me give some feedback on the presentation of the FMC features for this year than: I would appreciate a more proactive approach in presenting the features as well as what didn't make it into the game, especially for certain things high up on the wishlist. That just makes sense to me, as it will (and has now) come up anyway.

[edit - already answered] ##Obviously you can't reply to everything, no argument there. But the advanced database setup ones is just weird and i would highly appreciate some more light-shedding there. It is (in the video that is) the same as in FMC14 (except the skip button), that you can select the database size. ## So, actually there is no more customization...as mentioned before the skip button in the video. That is a bit confusing. Thanks for your reply on that.

Didn't see that quote before, fair enough.

I just think it's odd (and rather annoying) that the most requested feature for FMC basically appeared to work back in FM13. And yet in two years they haven't solved (or declined to address?) the problem that "certain things wouldn't be clear from the dbc how they would work, and dbcs also affect game speed, so can hinder the mode as a quick way to play the game". 2 years!! They could've even used FM13 as a beta for using custom databases in FMC as that would've helped to answer their uncertainty.

Obviously SI don't owe us anything but if SI wanted to, they surely could've implemented this feature even for FM14 if they wanted (if the quote is indeed the reason it was taken out). It just seems (and I may be wrong) that SI are aiming FMC towards casual players who therefore wouldn't use this feature but I think they'd find that a lot of old fans of the series who are disillusioned with the 'full fat' game, play FMC (as this thread shows).

I won't be buying the game this year, just hoping this feature will be implemented for FM16 so I can go back to loving FM again :thup:

However you cannot overlook the side of the costumer's frustrations. FMC was released in FM13, which was launched in October or November of 2012. A since then it become one of the top requested features of costumers. That means they have been waiting for the FMC editor for 3 years and if it is not available in this years version, then it will make 4 years waiting for a feature that has been for quite awhile a basic feature of FM and costumer really really want.

I hope this buzz the FMC editor has gotten, really puts it in your top priority list.

• Administrators

It shouldn't be expected just because it's been requested the most. Any request posted in the wish list thread is discussed in the studio for future inclusion. I read every post in the FMC General Discussion forum so they are definitely not missed. The feedback is welcome, but remember the video isn't showcasing everything on FMC15 this year :)

Archived