Honestly have you ever had a player like this?

Well to be blunt, yes I've had loads like that.

I always look for consistency like that when signing players.

Ermm how could you look for consistency when he never played a game before I signed him?

I think you missed the point of the post,I signed him when I was in the BSP and he came through the leagues with me and is now getting bids of 40mil+

That was the reason for my thread,I signed him as a no-one and he is now a superstar and has stayed with my club from the BSP.

Jepp. I've actually had one of those. Think it was FM 06 or 07. Bought him for nothing(obviously) when I was in BSP or League 2, and he was my first choice central defender throughout his career, climbing all the way up to the premiership. His attributes was mediocre at best, but he kept an average rating over the 7.00 mark all the way. Exceptional consistent.

That's very impressive - every now and then you can find a gem at some of the amateur clubs in Ireland.

My best was a young striker who I signed in the BSP, and he eventually captained my club to the Premier League title after having at least one 30 goal season in every division. Only had a PA of around 132 though so never got any big money bids.

What am I meant to be looking at?

The OP has a player he signed on a free in the lower leagues and has come up through the leagues with him, and is now a sought after player in world football. The OP is obviously quite attached to him and proud and wanted to share it on a discussion forum.

Hope this helps :thup:

The OP has a player he signed on a free in the lower leagues and has come up through the leagues with him, and is now a sought after player in world football. The OP is obviously quite attached to him and proud and wanted to share it on a discussion forum.

Hope this helps :thup:

I think its more the consistency at each level the player has shown

Here is Ger's biography

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=96366886

Not sure why it is not showing that we also won the FA cup in 2023,maybe it takes a bit of in game time to update the biography.

I really wished I had a screenshot of him when I first signed him,I knew he was going to be a bit special as his stats were very good back then and I was amazed he signed for me as he was good enough back then I thought to be in a 1st division team.

I do remember when I signed him he was on 200 quid a week so his wages have went up quite a bit also :)

I still think he will win 1 of the big awards and my team have been just missing out on winning the Premiership and have been in 2 CL semi-finals and 1 Euro league final(we lost).

I think the team could go on this year and lift some major silverware and hopefully that will help in Ger picking up 1 of the big awards.

Love this kind of story myself, well done OP. The only player I can say I have done something similar with is Andre Wisdom on FM11 I think. After getting promoted with Luton from the BSP, I signed him on loan for the next 2 seasons from Liverpool and he played a big role in us winning league 2 and league 1. By this stage he was available on an expiring so I quickly snapped him up and he lead me to another promotion 2 seasons later to reach the Prem. He would go on to play for England as well as score a winning goal at the Bernabeu against Real Madrid towards the end of his career.

I was thinking of creating a new thread today, about developing young players in the lower leagues.

I've been playing this game for 20 years and although my main save is always my fav team, West Ham, most of my other saves are lower league clubs.

I especially enjoy the edited databases that go to lvl 11 and below.

I am currently enjoying life as Romford manager in the BSS after 4 seasons and we are sitting in a play off position with about 8 games to go.

I recently signed a 16 year old regen who was released after two seasons by Arsenal. He is currently on 25 (6) apps and 16 goals and my coaches rate him as 3 1/2 stars CA and 5 stars PA. The scout said he would possibly make a good league 1 striker.

(I don't do 3rd party programmes so I don't know his actuall CA/PA)

I have 6 decent coaches at the club which tbh is a lot for this lvl of club and I'm pleased by that.

As you can see, the lad gets plenty of games so he should develop albeit at a slower rate than at a top club because of the lvl of football he gets, the facillities and lvl of coaching ect........... But here lay the problem.

In all my years playing this game (At low levels), my teams have always outpaced the developemnet of any young talent I may have aquired. They simply develop too slowly and better players are often available on the open market.

Is it possible to speed up the development of young players at lower lvls?

It must be possible when you look at the OP's player ....... But how?

Got one of those on my FM12 Clyde save will upload a screenshot when I'm at home. Infact I had 3 players come from the third division to the SPL with me, 1 got sold, one is out on loan to an EPL club and one is my team captain

campbell.jpg

Didn't sign him but he came up through the academy. Progressed pretty well and had some seasons where he didn't do that well due to being stuck out on the left wing a lot. Peaked really well for two seasons but got a terrible injury in 2022-23 season, came back and played great but kept moaning about wanting a new challenge. No one would buy him so in the end he asked to be released pity as he was a club legend.

He was also only rated by my coaches at 1.5 stars or 2 stars even when he had his best seasons.

Ricey in the case of my player he was too good to be in the BSP.

He could have been in a first division side or even a Championship side,so he progressed always being to good for the league he was in,for instance my scout was saying he would be a good signing for most division 1 sides and could be a leading Championship player of the future,by the time we got to the first division they were then saying he would be a good signing for most Championship teams and could be a good Premiership player in the future,once in the Championship he was described as a leading Championship player and could be a leading Premiership player in the future.

Until we hit the Premiership he was always playing in leagues that he was to be fair too good for.So he had time to not only play games and progress but his talent also had him above most other players in the league.

He was a wonderkid when we were in the Championship so it is the same as when you are in the Premiership and you can get all those very talented 16/17 year old's but 1 of them joins a team in the BSP and he has then 4 years to progress while getting a lot of games.

Had a couple of these too. Normally play long saves and start in the lower leagues. Most memorable was signing a young 17 y.o. Welsh CB who had no club for my BSS team (regen) who followed me all the way up the leagues to EPL. Became Captain at 22. Won club player of the year pretty much every year, averaging 7+ rating. Stayed with the club his entire career and was key player til retirement at 35. Only problems I had were when he was 28 we got promotion to the EPL and he finally took on an agent who wanted to fleece me for all the clubs money just to keep him signed. Still, worth everything I payed him, and pretty much the only time I've submitted to agent demands.

actually I have in my history as Head Coach of Maccabi Haifa several players that was true legends.

here is an example of player I bought at age of 22, he was with Israeli second nationality, and he spend his time in my club until he became coach in my club.

leandromeirhistorycaree.png

leandromeiroverviewprof.png

There's something fishy about this. In his biography it says that he started his career in March 2009 at St. Joseph's Boys, while in the picture you provided in the OP it shows he started his career in 2012. The regens creation date for irish players is June 20th, so why it says he started his career in March? It must be FMRTE created player if you ask me, there's no way someone turns that good from level 5 to Premiership and it's almost impossible to keep a player that good for so many years because he'll always want a new challenge or to move to a bigger club. If he's a legit player I apologize, but there's something odd about this.

Also, his date of birth is 27.3.1996. If he started his career in March 2009 according to his biography, he was 13 years old when he was generated by the game.

There's something fishy about this. In his biography it says that he started his career in March 2009 at St. Joseph's Boys, while in the picture you provided in the OP it shows he started his career in 2012. The regens creation date for irish players is June 20th, so why it says he started his career in March? It must be FMRTE created player if you ask me, there's no way someone turns that good from level 5 to Premiership and it's almost impossible to keep a player that good for so many years because he'll always want a new challenge or to move to a bigger club. If he's a legit player I apologize, but there's something odd about this.

Also, his date of birth is 27.3.1996. If he started his career in March 2009 according to his biography, he was 13 years old when he was generated by the game.

I have to be honest I could not even tell you how to use FMRTE or any other 3rd party program for FM as I have never used or even thought about using it.

When I read his biography I thought they just added the bit about him being at the old club for 4 years to give it a bit of story,I thought he was just added at 15 but they made a bit of a story,I am not sure how the biography works as to be honest his is the first I read.

As for being able to keep a hold of him,I honestly thought I would lose him but the only offer to come in for him is when I was in the Championship and Celtic put in a stupid offer of 1 million + a few clauses,when I seen they were interested I put his price up but they still came in with the offer and luckily we were ok for money as I dreaded my owner accepting the offer but they did not and I refused it and then put his price up to 20 million.

As for him wanting to leave that only came up once and I told him I thought the club could grow to match his ambitions and he just said that he hoped I would keep my word and that was it.

Sorry you find it hard to believe and I expected some people to think that but not sure what proof I can give <shrug>

I will add though that he must have been only 11 when the game "made" him as he spent 4 years at his old club and when he joined my team he was 15,Like I said though I think this is just added to give it a bit of story,maybe someone from SI can clear that up or someone that knows how that works as I have no idea.

The biographies for regens cover the years when they would have been in the youth setup of the club, before they actually appear in the game.

Here's an example, you can see that the 2050 date would make him 13, with the 2052 date being when he first appeared in my youth team.

The biographies for regens cover the years when they would have been in the youth setup of the club, before they actually appear in the game.

Here's an example, you can see that the 2050 date would make him 13, with the 2052 date being when he first appeared in my youth team.

That's a clever little feature, didn't know that :thup:

I havn't had one as talented. But i once signed a guy in BSP called Niko Siefkes, german regen striker, and i kept him until the premiership, 4 years in to the prem and hes still with us. Unlike your guy though hes always been a step behind where we are, i've kept him in the prem though as hes the perfect backup, cheap wages and always scores when needed!

This is Ger's year.

It is very early but already he is showing his class,If he can avoid injury he will become a true footballing legend.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558701251511838321/A5B62A22BAC41D0591ED6A0C601934279E79CA52/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558701251511836821/7741229247E2A448B45354AAE314993D55A8F55B/

This is his year!

I had one player, Tim Hopkinson, who I picked up in the BSP. He stayed with the club until the Premier League as a consistent top goalscorer. This was PM 11. The only player I've had that was able to pull that off though.

PS I'dlove to know the secret of such an amazing record - straight promotions...

It's not amazing at all. AI releases a lot of good players and other AI teams never compete with you for them. You can achieve back-to-back promotions literally just by picking up freebies.

The other thing to watch out for are key attributes; focus on determination and pace, and the higher you move up the ladder, the more attention you pay to decisions, anticipation and work rate. You can ignore the rest until in PL.

PS I'dlove to know the secret of such an amazing record - straight promotions...

As shirajzl said if you spend long enough in the transfer market looking for the young free players then getting from the BSN to the first division is quite easy as there are some really talented youngster in the game if you look hard enough.

I normally take a couple of seasons to get out of the first division and then again 2 or 3 in the Championship but this year when I asked for a parent club I got Man City!

They had signed a whole host of youngsters and I took 4 of then on loan in the first division and we did brilliant,with those 4 and Ger and also a great striker I picked up we finished 2nd(there was no stopping Leeds that year).

In the Championship 2 of the Man City youngsters came back and I got another 2 from them and we tore the league apart.

Of those Man City youngsters 1 signed for Man Utd(he still lists Nuneaton as his favourite club and me and Ger as his favoured people) a couple of seasons ago for 40 million and another 1 moved to I think Real Madrid a couple of seasons ago for 35 million.

Just spend hours going through the free transfers and set it to only look for players aged between 15-22 you would be surprised just what talent is out there for a mere 150 quid a week!

Also asked for a parent club and hope for the best!

There's always one.

Lets just say anyone playing by LLM rules wouldn't achieve it.

What rules are those?

-Edit

I just read the rules of LLM and you are right it would not be achievable if you stick to those rules as I did find the players myself and not by using scouts and also I was using a parent club to get my players.

Ah well everyone plays the game how they enjoy it,too many rules in LLM that would make it not so much fun for me,I will stick to searching for players myself :)

Anyone interested in the rules can read them here.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/31330-LLM-Guidelines-please-read-before-posting

What rules are those?

Only signing players found by scouts, not using player search, only using job centre for staff etc.

Makes the game harder but given the sorts of players your staff can find to be scouted in backroom advice, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It only takes one or two excellent players and you can fly up the leagues.

Makes the game harder but given the sorts of players your staff can find to be scouted in backroom advice, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It only takes one or two excellent players and you can fly up the leagues.

Exactly, even with LLM rules it would be possible if you know the significance of determination and pace on players performance.

Fast strikers are the key to successive promotions, if you play two upfront and can get both with 16 or more for pace and acceleration along with 10 or more for finishing and composure they'll score loads of goals.

Hum! I have often gone for combo of youth with experience up front and prayed against injury. Roll on FM13. I have a new cunning plan.... (it is 2025 I have just one the second order Euro Cup, but still unable to break into top four. Here goes 2026.

Jamil Adam is one of these fantastic players who will sign for a BSN/S team, and will mature into a star player. I signed him for FC United in the second season of the game, and he's still scoring regularly for me in the Premier League.

Not quite the same thing,Jamil was well posted in these forums as a player that was very good,I think he also got nerfed in 1 of the patches,I never used him myself but I think I remember reading he got nerfed.

Ger is a regen that is not posted in all the "good players to sign" threads and everyone that does not want to use their own skills to find players check out those threads and sign other players finds,Jamil was the 2012 player that quite a few players signed,come 2013 there will be someone that will be posted and a lot of lower league managers will go out and sign him as it was posted on these boards.

As I said not the same thing.

Exactly, even with LLM rules it would be possible if you know the significance of determination and pace on players performance.

Something similar happened to me with Bath on FM11 while playing LLM rules. My coach recommended me this 18yo newgen kid (Alan Forbes) who was released from a championship club (can’t remember which one) in 2020 and I got him to play with Bath in the BSP. He developed into a great playmaker and brought us up to the Premiership in 12 seasons. Even though he didn’t have the best attributes every season, he was amazingly consistent up to the promotion to the Premiership. Once in the Premiership, we had better options, but I kept him as a backup and to tutor the youngsters. When he retired, he went into scouting and I would have loved to offer him a contract but his attributes were shocking.

Archived