+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL FM2011 Demo First Impressions Thread

You guys being shown the crazy agent fees - for what players and what clubs are you? Have you tried negotiating something you perceive as more realistic? Let me know, thanks.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by JLightburn1 View Post
    Really like the contract negotiations. Man Utd's transfer budget only £17.5 million though... I know it's contentious with the Glazers and everything but Fergie has always been adamant there is money to spend. I think last year United's budget was 55-60 million at the start, and they've only spent 20 odd mill since then, and had a pretty successful season last season - so why the big drop? Also think Nani should be a bit better considering his improvement in the last 12 months. Very impressed though
    I agree with this post - especially with United's starting transfer budget. Although no one knows for sure what United's financial position actually is, we know for certain they sold Ronaldo for 80 million. Valencia was bought for 20 mill and a few players last summer equalled about 20 mill as well. However, a good champ league campaign coupled with an excellent final league position surely means additional funds. 17.5 mill seems very low when taking these factors into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynched07 View Post
    found first problem in my demo game 10 mins in i picked real madrid i arranged a friendly and all my other fixtures disappeared i wonder did this happen to anybody else all i can do is play friendlies ??
    Do you have a screenshot of this? What date did you set up the friendly and who against? Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

Just negotiating my first real transfer. Got a nice agent who allowed me to lower demands from 7.5k to 6k per week, also decreasing signing-on fees minimally.

Seemed very life-like and it was like actually speaking to somebody, great job SI

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Robioto View Post
    Yep, I agree. I had one that wanted £15.5m. Ridiculous IMO. The only problem I have had so far.
    Yes I have posted in the bugs forum. He wanted £19.5m next and £15m for his player. Crazy - even if I was Man City it would still be crazy - and I am not Man City. What an anti climax!!! Bed for me. Put me right off!!!

Amateur

First impressions? This game looks amazing, the training especially getting a well overdue remould. I like it, intuitive interface, beautiful match views (TV a favourite at the minute) Only had a couple of games tonight, I'll have a proper session tomorrow as I'm up for work in four hours. Impressed :-)

Amateur

I have just seen the funniest thing and full credit to SI for this one.

I am playing as Derby and my coach has advised that James Severn should be mentored by Stephen Bywater so I arrange the meeting.

I ask Bywater to mentor and he say yes but Severn says he don't want to be mentored by Bywater. I respond with that I think it will be good for him but Severn says he stands by what he said which led to Bywater's response of...

"I better leave before I say something I will regret" and the meeting ends.

Must say that has been my highlight of the new game so far.

Amateur

how comes on fm10 my match engine was jerky but this year it is not?

Amateur

I cannot understand why you are leaving out a dark skin for even the full version ????

Im not being funny but i cant play more than an hour of so with the white skin

Other than that its good.

But the skin is the thing i look at all the time! its the biggest feature in the game. PLEASE add a dark skin

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by T-IceMan View Post
    I really don't like the new way the positions are shown... all those ( ) ( ) ( ) ( ) makes it messy.... Especially (C) looks just weird....
    Gotta agree with this.

Can see the improvements in the 3D. TV view is quite good, but too zoomed in for my liking. I'll prolly be sticking with elevated.

Will play more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by SpooneyDM View Post
    No Raheem Sterling for Liverpool the kid is brilliant, but at least Frank McParland the best judging ability/potential coach at liverpool says Suso can be a leading prem star similar to stevie g!
    Sterling isn't in the game because legally he's too young.

Quote Originally Posted by TJJESSE View Post
    how comes on fm10 my match engine was jerky but this year it is not?
    There has been a fair bit of optimisation, not to mention improve animations and camera movement which in theory could all make it less 'jerky.'

Semi Pro

I think my staff should suggest fewer individual training regimes based on Corners, Penalties, Long Throws etc and more based on other aspects of the game.

Amateur

gotta say the stadiums are brilliant, actually looks like im playing at anfield!!! WELL DONE SI!!!

Youth Team

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch182 View Post
    Totally agree with every point you made there. But you just have to watch goal 6 to see his jumping stat should be higher. It's just that simple.
    Try freezing this video at 17 seconds...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxLpnQ7t0y0

Vidic jumps around a foot higher than than Cahill's best effort.

Amateur

Oh good. Steam is letting me down. Again.

I am on Steam and pessing the 'Install Demo', it attempts to load it then just brings me back to the first page. Any help?

Leave the Cahill stuff - I'll get our Researcher man to explain the reasoning in detail tomorrow. Cheers though guys

Quote Originally Posted by entiscool View Post
    Oh good. Steam is letting me down. Again.

I am on Steam and pessing the 'Install Demo', it attempts to load it then just brings me back to the first page. Any help?
    Try closing Steam down and re-opening it. If that still doesn't work it may be worth accessing it via a different location. Let me know how you get on, thanks.

Amateur

I've just closed my current FM game and it seems to be moving now.

Sorry for the minor scare

Have to say i agree about the clutter in the inbox, everything else looks extremely impressive though, 3D very good and I'm sure the inbox will just take a bit of getting used to, well done SI!

Amateur

I can't believe they still have one of Burnley's icons as "Billy Flynn"!

Amateur

two slight problems ive spotted, first may not be a problem your end.

http://img651.imageshack.us/i/aleksa...rovprofil.png/

using the same screen res on fm 10 i didnt have the scroll bars on the player atts , has the res needed changed on fm 11 ?

and

http://img177.imageshack.us/i/manche...mancitytr.png/

if you look at the assignments bit in the bottom right corner you can see theres no scroll bar to get to the bottom assignment

What resolution are you running on your screen? You on laptop/netbook/desktop? What resolution is it set up to run in-game (preferences - display and sound)? Let me know, thanks.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

liking the new TV view plus the fact thath a goal given offside will have the offside line shown during the replay so you will know properly. Like that feature. All in all I'm impressed guys.

Part-Timer
    Wohoo, we now have a FM Meme page! Contact me if you're interested :)

Finally finished downloading and played for half an hour. So here are my first impressions:
    - I like the new player interaction and contract negotiations
    - The set-pieces wizard keeps us from using some roles more than once (to prevent creating cornerbug-constellations?)
    - I actually like the skin. Some screens have been hugely improved
    - I like the way the positions are now displayed
    - Liedson is now 32 in this version and still gets bought by Real Madrid as every year

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brock View Post
    What resolution are you running on your screen? You on laptop/netbook/desktop? What resolution is it set up to run in-game (preferences - display and sound)? Let me know, thanks.
    1360 x 768, like i said fm 10 was fine so its a bit odd

desktop

graphic detail low

windowed

sound off
    Last edited by goat10; 21-10-2010 at 03:08.

Quote Originally Posted by goat10 View Post
    1360 x 768, like i said fm 10 was fine so its a bit odd

desktop

graphic detail low

windowed

sound off
    Is it any different if you change the settings in the preferences? Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

Some first impressions:

I like the more hands on feel of everything, including the training screen thing (the one with three tactics on it), as the whole idea makes friendlies relevant once again.
    I have 5 injuries in my first team already, and it's 21st of July (on the re-read of this, I realised that 2 were already injured at the start though, and it IS pre-season). Apparently, De Jong is also the antichrist as well, and regularly walks around the pitch hitting people with a stick or something, as he's getting booked every game and just injured poor Sweep in training.

There's a slight graphical error on substitutions; if you use the click and drag method from name to name (i.e. SB2 dragged to LCB), the two buttons can sometimes not reset back to the 'unpressed' mouse position (that it, they look like you are still holding after release). I'm on Win7 32-bit with an nVidia 8500GT 1GB with the latest drivers (260.89).

The new match engine is lovely, and really smooth. I seem to be hitting the post more often, and shots from a longer range seem to go in more, but I've only played a few games so the sample size isn't really enough to make a judgement.

I'm a little disappointed that commenting on the players of other teams hasn't been fleshed out a little, especially now that agents have a bigger role, and the contract system wasn't instantly apparent. I kept trying to click the greyed out Confirm Offer button, until I realised that Suggest Terms means suggest to the client rather than have your Assistant suggest possible terms to offer. I suppose that's what I get for not using the advisor, but the thing feels like an internet popup, and is a little annoying. I love the fact that one of my players got a new contract and near immediately sacked his agent (possibly too low, Tevez has been tutoring him). Fun.

A few arguments stats wise, but who hasn't? Opinions game and all that. I was a little sad to not see Malcolm Allison amongst the City legends, but Joe Mercer was.

I don't particularly like the phrase "oil-rich Man City" as I don't see anybody using the same terms for Arsenal or Chelsea or Inter, who also have investment in this industry. However, it's probably accurately portraying the media. Unfortunately.

Overall though, a very polished product, and upon viewing the screens, I was thinking that the new layout of the home/news screen was smashing you in the face with information, but it plays very fluidly and is more informative than brain frazzling.

Had no problems at all with the delivery method. My first time using Steam, and I got 1.5Mb/s speeds at midnight, took about 10 minutes to download. Not happy that for some reason, I can't use Print Screen in the game, but it may well be Steam related. It just takes a picture of whatever is behind the screen. Your Print... option on the menu doesn't seem to do anything either, when printing to a web page.
    Last edited by Devineman; 21-10-2010 at 03:16. Reason: Input driver version number

Yeah we're aware of the 'print' error - in terms of print screen - have you tried ctrl + print screen the pasting into Paint? Works okay for me at least. Let me know, thanks.

Amateur

if i play full screen with the same res its fine. not to be awkward but i prefer windowed and seeing as the last one runs fine im sure this should too.

Amateur

Is there no Philadelphia Union in MLS? I looked, but they were not there?

Amateur

Ctrl+Print Screen also doesn't work for me either, unfortunately

The other Print error, is referring to the Print Screen option on the FM Main drop down menu. I have selected Web Page, and it creates a HTML file in the selected area, containing only a link to SIGames, some HTML and CSS information, with no actual content.

Amateur
    Azeroth. I'm one of the few WoW addicts who play FM just as much.....

Loving the new camera angle and the 3D in general. I won't be getting any sleep tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Devineman View Post
    Ctrl+Print Screen also doesn't work for me either, unfortunately

The other Print error, is referring to the Print Screen option on the FM Main drop down menu. I have selected Web Page, and it creates a HTML file in the selected area, containing only a link to SIGames, some HTML and CSS information, with no actual content.
    Yeah we're aware of that, thanks for bringing it up.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by kabajingai View Post
    Hope to God they release the full game with a dark skin. Its killing my eyes.
    I hope they do, much prefer the darker one.

Semi Pro

Alt+F9 however does work for screenshots.

I like the new lines on the pitch for offside decisions, but it would be good if it would pause for a second or so at the moment the ball was played through, it's hard to pause accurately manually.

Amateur

Here are my first 4 impressions after playing the FM11 demo for a while:

1. Match graphics: The new TV camera is a huge improvement. Makes you feel so much more involved in the game. Also, stadiums look much nicer and the crowds look more realistic, compared to FM10. Also being able to choose a different camera for replays is a great idea. I've just discovered that elevated cameras can teach me a lot about why I'm conceding some goals.

2. Match engine: Feels as solid as it did in FM10. Actually feels exactly as it did in FM10. I'm sure it has some improvements, but to me, the FM10 match engine was great, and I'm glad it still feels like that. I imagine how I'd like my team to play, and then I feel like I'm able to easily translate this into instructions and see it play out on the pitch. In FM09 I never had this feeling.

3. Interface: Not exactly sure yet. Looks modern and polished. Maybe I got too used to the FM10 interface and I'm not sure if this feels like a big improvement, but at least it doesn't feel like a setback either.

4. Interactions: In FM10 I absolutely hated anything that had to do with talking to media, players, etc. Felt so unrealistic, pointless and slow. I always had my assistant manager handle all of those things. Now they feel more fun with the conversation-style interactions. My only complaint is that after ending a conversation you have to click an extra time to exit the conversation. I'm sure that after 20 seasons into a game I'll truly start hating that extra click that feels pretty pointless. In short, conversations are a good way to improve an area of the game that I have never liked but that I can now tolerate.

Amateur

hi i have no screen shots !! but i set up the fixture for the 10th of july at home to roma . the fixture is shown up on the main page but not on my fixture list cause i have no fixture list and when i click SHOW NEXT FIXTURE down on the bottom right nothing happend !! hope this helps..

Amateur

There has been a fair bit of optimisation, not to mention improve animations and camera movement which in theory could all make it less 'jerky.'
    I'm quite the opposite. The ME to me is jerky and seeing 'rubberbanding' of ball to and from players feet. I am a FML subscriber and the ME we are using there is much much smoother. I'm playing the demo on the same computer as I play FML on and also I am playing it 'offline from Steam. Very odd!

Quote Originally Posted by Internomad View Post
    I'm quite the opposite. The ME to me is jerky and seeing 'rubberbanding' of ball to and from players feet. I am a FML subscriber and the ME we are using there is much much smoother. I'm playing the demo on the same computer as I play FML on and also I am playing it 'offline from Steam. Very odd!
    What graphical detail is it set to in the preferences? Let me know, thanks.

Semi Pro

I also think when the players 'materialise' at the start of highlights the fade should be a little quicker.

Still not sure about the TV camera yet but maybe I'll get used to it.

Amateur

Is it any different if you change the settings in the preferences? Let me know, thanks.

if i play full screen with the same res its fine. not to be awkward but i prefer windowed and seeing as the last one runs fine im sure this should too

just thought, on fm 10 i use a downloaded skin, would that make any difference ?

Amateur

Oh my god, this game is so realistic!

I mean, Collins and Naylor constantly out of position! -_- I wish that realism was not in the game

Semi Pro

Another minor cosmetic issue: when players are walking along - i.e. after a goal - their heads seem too far forward, making them look like hunchbacks. Especially noticeable with very tall players.

Looking more closely it seems to be their whole upper body that leans forward, actually.
    Last edited by pelicanstuff; 21-10-2010 at 03:44.

Amateur

Haha! I just had a great conversation with a reserve player I was looking to offload. He ended up saying he didn't think he could work with me anymore after the way I had treated him and that he should leave now before he says something he'll regret. *laughs* He just couldn't accept the fact he's not good enough to be at the club!

Amateur

Simply brilliant

Loving the conversation style format... and Javier Hernandez, been banging in the goals so far

Semi Pro

Another suggestion for improvement: the 'cuts inside' PPM should be split into 'cuts inside from left' and 'cuts inside from right'.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by hellotobla View Post
    sorry I don't know where to ask..I downloaded the game via Steam and when I clicked ''fm.exe''(steamapps\common\football manager 2011 demo)it says ''this application has failed to start because d3dx9_41.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem.''
    I just want to mention that this is a brand new computer..just got it a couple of hours ago so I may not have all of the softwares that I need..if you can help me I'd appreciate it..thanks

BTW-I looked at the ''Football Manager 2011 Demo FAQ'' and couldn't find an answer...

You didn't miss it first time, I just added it! - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post5998701

;)

Let me know how you get on, thanks.

just wanted to let you know that it's working perfectly now(after I installed June2010)
    and the game is amazing..works much smoother then 2010
    Last edited by hellotobla; 21-10-2010 at 03:56.

Glad to hear!

Amateur

Does this new "youth recruitment" feature determine a club's average regen quality?

Amateur

Hmmmm why does the assistant do not do teamtalks while i got the option ticked? (when pressing "ask assistant" at half-time he suddenly gave teamtalks after all...
    Last edited by T-IceMan; 21-10-2010 at 04:06.

Amateur

The news section is so much better now!! It's good to have more of the world news in with the news of your own club, it was one of the few things about recent versions that I didn't like. This version is making me feel a lot more in touch with things.

I agree with folks on the crazy agent fees. Admittedly I'm playing as Man City to get used to the new version but when trying to make transfers I've had agents demanding well over 10 million as well as the player wanting about the same in signing on fees. I have no idea how much agents charge in real life so I can't say it's really a negative for me as it may well be realistic amounts. I'm really enjoying trying to get the fees down as low as possible before making the deals anyway.

Amateur

What graphical detail is it set to in the preferences? Let me know, thanks.

It was set at Auto Detect and playing in Full Screen, I set Graphic Detail to Medium, didn't make much difference, but then I set game to play Windowed, and that made it a lot smoother. But I don't understand why I can play in High Detail in FML and the ME looks much better!

My Specs:

Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 2048MB RAM
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Amateur

I just heard about and very excited
    Just around 65 %. It will be done in 10 min probably..
    I wish Turkey was also in the start menu but what can you do..

Part-Timer

So far quite nice. Easy download from Steam, started right up with no troubles. Love the improvements, especially the graphics and the new views. Haven't had enough time to try the improved press conferences, etc. Good tactics creator. Gonna love the upgrade on the 5th.

Semi Pro
    Wishing he was at Fenway Park watching his beloved Red Sox

just got a great message about a player sacking his agent
    Last edited by Almondo; 21-10-2010 at 04:25.

Amateur

Liking the match console a lot more than 2010 but just one issue so far. Was playing first match of the season and in the very first minute my team plays a long ball forward and the opposition goalkeeper catches the ball on the edge of the area then just before he throws the ball out ref whistles for foul then sends him off!! I didn't see the foul i guess the goalkeeper must of walked out the box with the ball? But even then surely that is not a red card? Not sure if other people have had this but maybe something to look at? Apart from that though really enjoying the game so far!

Amateur

looks like you no longer see the player as captain on his personal page which i liked on other versions specially with the regens.

Amateur

Just fired it up, first kinda serious nag, Barca's color scheme is totally unreadable. Both the blue and the red are too dark, like it was a few years ago. Was solved for the past couple releases with lighter colors, shame it's broken again :/

Semi Pro

Really impressed to see the dedication to Serpico in the credits.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by avfc-12 View Post
    Liking the match console a lot more than 2010 but just one issue so far. Was playing first match of the season and in the very first minute my team plays a long ball forward and the opposition goalkeeper catches the ball on the edge of the area then just before he throws the ball out ref whistles for foul then sends him off!! I didn't see the foul i guess the goalkeeper must of walked out the box with the ball? But even then surely that is not a red card? Not sure if other people have had this but maybe something to look at? Apart from that though really enjoying the game so far!
    video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fG2M3XBbg2s (sorry about bad quality couldn't work out how to upload sending offs from in the game only goals)

Amateur

miles wrote , that u can see the incidents off-sides with lines , on replays how the hell u do that , i tried for 20 mins to get those line to work to see if it was off-side or not .

Amateur

looks the nuts on my 32inch hd tv no noticeable bugs and match engine seems excelent

Amateur

My game has crashed 3 times after my 1st prem game

I am playing on Mac

Amateur

Dear Si,

There are some very good enhancements but some things that are not so good.

Who is the researcher for Spurs? Have they actually done any research?

How can a team that finished 4th in the Prem and qualify for the champions league only have national reputation? Are you saying nobody in Italy or Spain have heard of Tottenham?

How can Liverpool have a better squad than us? When we finished above them last year, and we are already out of reach this year?

Gareth Bale just scored 3 goals against Inter tonight yet he only has 3 stars for current ability? Hes been the best left sided player in the world for the past few months. I understand he is a wonderkid, but his ability should be very high already.

Robbie Keane has been rubbish and a reserve at Spurs for over a year now. Why is he the best striker at the club?

Gallas was bought as back up to Dawson and King and so far this season been awful, as he was last season for Arsenal. Why is he our best defender?

Assou Ekotto has had a very good season and is amongst the best left backs in the league, he is underrated.

Lennon is severley underrated.

How is Defoe not the best striker? underrated.

Palacios has been out of favour for some months. Yet he is our best midfielder?

It seems there is no research into these players and the markings are based on reputation rather than performance in the last year or 2.

Finally the contract negotiations will begin to get rather tedious after a while, is there a button to switch them off? Its not even realistic for a start because the Chairman or Chief exec would negotiate not the manager.
    Last edited by aw21; 21-10-2010 at 05:09.

Amateur

For the people moaning about what fee agents are wanting, you do know that you can negotiate with them don't you?? some agents will try and fleece you in regards to what a client wants or what he wants personally, i've put signing on fees and agent fees down by more than 50% and they've been accepted.

Miles said some agents would try and take you for a ride while some would just be up front and honest with you.

Amateur

well done si so far so good, although i must admit skin is too bright

Amateur

First impression... the match engine, please tell me its a beta version we are seeing here please. For example I have my defender with the ball, 2 inch from an open goal, instead of tapping in the goal, he decide to help the other team "clear" it from danger by passing it out wide to my winger. Seriously? not to mention all the problem with weird player movement all over the field that just dont make sense, chasing the ball then suddenly stop and let other team take the ball? FM09 anyone?

I played as spur, our player data...as aw21 mentioned, its just...wow. Please take a look into the data, its just...sad.

Edit: this is experience from few match into actual league games.
    Last edited by Frosin; 21-10-2010 at 05:27.

Portsmouth Researcher

Quote Originally Posted by aw21 View Post
    Dear Si,

How can a team that finished 4th in the Prem and qualify for the champions league only have national reputation? Are you saying nobody in Italy or Spain have heard of Tottenham?

How can Liverpool have a better squad than us? When we finished above them last year, and we are already out of reach this year?

Gareth Bale just scored 3 goals against Inter tonight yet he only has 3 stars for current ability? Hes been the best left sided player in the world for the past few months. I understand he is a wonderkid, but his ability should be very high already.

Robbie Keane has been rubbish and a reserve at Spurs for over a year now. Why is he the best striker at the club?

Gallas was bought as back up to Dawson and King and so far this season been awful, as he was last season for Arsenal. Why is he our best defender?

Assou Ekotto has had a very good season and is amongst the best left backs in the league, he is underrated.

It seems there is no research into these players and the markings are based on reputation rather than performance in the last year or 2.

Finally the contract negotiations will begin to get rather tedious after a while, is there a button to switch them off? Its not even realistic for a start because the Chairman or Chief exec would negotiate not the manager.
    Yes there is and have you actually played games to see how well they do in game?

Amateur

First impressions: I am enjoying the demo so far , but I do reserve judgement on 1 or 2 things...

1. Alex from Chelsea only has 10 for his Free Kick Taking - now I know that he doesn't take many free kicks at Chelsea due to Lampard/Drogba being above him in the free kick pecking order... but we all know (and commentators have said during matches where he has been in contention for a free kick) that he can hit them very well... his most recent being against Arsenal in the Premier League, but if you track back to the UCL Chelsea vs Liverpool Quarter Final second leg meeting then you'll see him score a cracker there too.

2. Even as a less than money shy club like Man City I don't have the budget somehow to meet the Signing On Fee and even sometimes the Agent Fee of some of the top quality players I've gone for (I'm capped at 7.5M for both)... that's regardless of whether I go to the board room and boost up my Transfer Budget to 80M or I boost up my Wage Budget so that I have 1.8M of wages to play around with.

Other than that, so far so good!! I'll keep quiet about the less obvious attribute deficits on players in the game that I don't agree with, as the Alex case is probably the most justified one I have... where as the others are probably more my own opinion on the players if anything. ;)

Edit: I'd also like to make a big shout out to everybody at SI and everyone else that's involved in the effort to make this simulation game what it is - I know there's always something that us consumers think should be changed here and there... but you take on board everything that we say and use that feedback to make the game better and better each year.
    Last edited by Dan Madeley; 21-10-2010 at 05:52.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Frosin View Post
    First impression... the match engine, please tell me its a beta version we are seeing here please. For example I have my defender with the ball, 2 inch from an open goal, instead of tapping in the goal, he decide to help the other team "clear" it from danger by passing it out wide to my winger. Seriously? not to mention all the problem with weird player movement all over the field that just dont make sense, chasing the ball then suddenly stop and let other team take the ball? FM09 anyone?

I played as spur, our player data...as aw21 mentioned, its just...wow. Please take a look into the data, its just...sad.

Edit: this is experience from few match into actual league games.
    If your defender really did decide not to tap in from 2 inches you should upload the PKM of the match to SI as I'm sure they would be interested in it.

The Tottenham data looks mainly fine to me, can't see where the complaints are there. Maybe Gallas is a bit too highly rated, maybe Bentley as well but that's about it as far as I can see.

Amateur

The only annoying thing is Leeds best striker being transfer listed and in the reserves when I start :/

Amateur

Its all started again i was falling asleep on the couch around 12 ish, came online around 2pm and have been messing about with fm since, i am shattered thanks SI

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanstuff View Post
    If your defender really did decide not to tap in from 2 inches you should upload the PKM of the match to SI as I'm sure they would be interested in it.

The Tottenham data looks mainly fine to me, can't see where the complaints are there. Maybe Gallas is a bit too highly rated, maybe Bentley as well but that's about it as far as I can see.
    I quited without saving the last few games, hopefully can find it later.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by port-ton View Post
    For the people moaning about what fee agents are wanting, you do know that you can negotiate with them don't you?? some agents will try and fleece you in regards to what a client wants or what he wants personally, i've put signing on fees and agent fees down by more than 50% and they've been accepted.

Miles said some agents would try and take you for a ride while some would just be up front and honest with you.
    Still downloading the demo, but is there a relation between you and the agent? Say for example you might have a good relation with a certain agent, he will be more likely to be honest with you, or if he is the slimey type at least he'll try to fleece you for less? Also if he has a good relation with you he may try and 'advise' players to sign for (or against) you?

Amateur

great new features love the game so far only thing annoying me is when i click on a result it takes ages to come up.

Semi Pro

I've noticed a strange blue square next to the mouse cursor when I point at certain things, for example when hoovering the mouse over the 'Inf' column on the player selection screen.

Semi Pro

I am stoked, my mate has agreed to buy me FM11 and I said in return I will buy him FM12, so I am thrilled to say the least

Amateur

I don't know if it is just me, maybe I'm in an irritable mood... I don't know.

But coming into this thread to read people's reactions to the Demo and having to read through 4 pages worth of people giving updates on the progress of their downloads (63% OMG Almost there!) and Mitch182 going on and on about Cahill's jumping stat.... I think I'm going to stab myself in the eye with a chopstick.

Semi Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Cox View Post
    I blame Brock for that, was you feeding the Newcastle researcher again?
    How rude!

nomnomnomnom

Quote Originally Posted by nadirhotel View Post
    Does this new "youth recruitment" feature determine a club's average regen quality?
    Its part of the formula now

Amateur

I have been down loading for 6 hours and is only 50% done.

Amateur

I picked a squad and every player has a red dot next to him. No matter what position he takes.

Amateur

Quote Originally Posted by fanfare View Post
    I picked a squad and every player has a red dot next to him. No matter what position he takes.
    I just had the same thing happen when I asked my assistant manager to pick my side for my opening Premier League match against Tottenham Hotspur.

The positions came up as red dots for the players even though they were in their regular positions, however it didn't seem to affect the match itself (which I won 6 - 2 no thanks to a Dzeko debut hat-trick ).

Semi Pro
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils...

Really pleased with the smooth download. I'm on 30% in 15 minutes. Nice one Steam and SI

Will post a review on the actual demo once it's downloaded.

Amateur

I have to say I am really enjoying the game. I feel there has been some real improvements in the game and that's great.

Well Done Si

Can't wait for the real game now

Amateur

F.Ronaldo Natural Fitness - 1

aahahahahahahalololololololol

Amateur

Default Spot the odd one out...

Blanchflower, Mackay, Mabbutt, King, Greaves, Ardiles, Roberts, Ginola, Klinsmann, Sheringham and Redknapp?

Really?

Amateur

I'm afraid if that's the case then I won't be buying this version. I'm colour blind and the white skin gives me a constant headache.

Amateur

Smile

Demo is fantastic so far, it looks much more polished than last year - not sure why people are complaining about the white skin, I think it looks nice.

The 3D match engine is great too, so much clearer than last year and with all the new animations its much more enjoyable to watch, especially in TV view!

The new conversations are a nice touch as well, it makes me feel much more involved as a manager would be.

I've only played one match so far as it was late here in England by the time I had it downloaded - finished Inter 9-0 Juvenes Dogana

Amateur

whats happened to the likes of chris smalling he's still so slow on the game when he is really quick in real life, also the likes of tom cleverley hasn't changed much at all from 2010 game when ferguson was saying what an exciting player he is, please update this for the release

Amateur

Just downloaded the demo and first few days into the game. I have one question...did i download a US version? It keeps referring to me as the "Head Coach" while apparently i want to play attractive "soccer". A bit disappointed with the skin...it seems very crowded (though again i was a bit disappointed with the 10 skin as well before liking it )

Amateur

I guess you can change the language from English(US) to just English in the preferences.

Semi Pro

Really like the 'Derbies' bit on the information page

Moderator and Technical Support

For those with an issue over Tim Cahill's attributes, there is a full explanation from the Everton researchher in the Everton Data Issues thread, so please keep that discussion out of here.

The Bugs forum is now open, so please post any bug issues in the relevant thread in there.

The Data Issues forum is also open so post any issues about player attributes ( bearing in mind that they are all opinions ) in the relevant thread in there.

Thanks.

Amateur

Dear Si,

Are you using Kevin Bond's opinion to form your judgements? Look at his ratings for judging ability and potential and find yourself an ass man capable of doing both to a much higher standard.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by port-ton View Post

That's all well and good, but when the intial fee demanded is £15-20m signing on fee and £10-15m agent fee I can negotiate it down to about £7.5-10m and £5-7.5m at best (if I'm lucky) which is still mega high IMO. Even Man City have a cap of about £7m for the signing on fee so I couldn't buy the player even if I did decide to meet the extortionate fees, this is with the richest club in the world.

This is with fairly big players. But still, it's a little silly. Add these £20m fees and £30m transfer fee as well as £175,000 per week. It's far too much IMO.
    Last edited by Robioto; 21-10-2010 at 08:20.

Cahill with 14 for heading? Sorry, but this for me is a fundamental flaw and thus a game-breaker. I've removed the demo from my system and have cancelled my pre-order for the full release.

Today you lose a long standing customer. Hope you're happy.

Part-Timer

Quote Originally Posted by urbanjunkie View Post
    Cahill with 14 for heading? Sorry, but this for me is a fundamental flaw and thus a game-breaker. I've removed the demo from my system and have cancelled my pre-order for the full release.

Today you lose a long standing customer. Hope you're happy.
    I hope this is a joke. Else there is something very wrong.

Part-Timer

Twenty minutes & one match. Now I'm at work. Apart from the seared retina thing, looks good.

Training: generic defence, attack, midfield schedules. That's all I wanted. Somewhere to start.

Amateur

Are you saying nobody in Italy or Spain have heard of the team that played @ Old Trafford yesterday?

Champions League - Group C October 20

FT Manchester U. 1 - 0 Bursaspor

which major competition Tottenham has won in the last 10 years ?

League Cough does not counts !

p.s. DARK SKIN patch for demo !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast