[Type#][Ability#][Ability2#]

eg:

Physio 1 phy20

Scout 2 a20/p20

Coaches are:

[Name][Role][star]

Mat Sho5s

Jan Def5s

Players I nickname from their scout reports from accurate scouts.

[Name][Rating][Competition]

Alek Kovac L-G1

L means Leading

G means Good

D means Decent

G1 means German First Division, other competitions might be EPL, F1 etc.

To prevent myself from dying of uncontrollable laughter, I'll pretend that the use of "hu" and "finkin" was unintentional.

As for the topic - I rarely use it. Even when I develop a nickname for someone, it usually comes naturally so there's no need for me to change his name to it. Though, with some Hispanic names I could see a definite use for it. icon_wink.gif

I use it a LOT.

Usually to denote player values within the squad. (I.E - Joe Bloggs* / John Brown***)

Every now and then, a player will get a nickname due to something that has happened to them in the FM World.

(My Goals Scorer is now called Pele + No. of goals he's currently scored. (950, despite what my Location says icon_smile.gif ) - So Pele 950.

I dubbed one player "The Departed" after his 3rd spell at my club, and 7th club overall.

I had another kid who had a very difficult name to read, so I took a few letters from it and called him "Kviskvinho"

Also, if some players have really cool surnames, I'll just use the nickname feature to give them the surname as the name. (Tony Mulvenna became Mulvenna, and so on)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bermybhoy:

Some people go to a lot of trouble to blank out their real name when posting screenshots on here, when in fact they could just give themselves a nickname...

And obviously you can use it for players about to retire to find their regen (cough) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How so? They're NewGens now not just recycled players.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweeney-G:

wel being a student slang is second knowledge.... da worlds changin.. get used 2 it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes by people butchering the English language the world is changing for the worse.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sweeney-G:

wel being a student slang is second knowledge.... da worlds changin.. get used 2 it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not slang, it's a showing of stupidity.

...It's also a violation of the forum rules.

I don't think I'd be able to give my players nicknames with stars and the like - I like my normal player names too much.

Having said that, though, when I signed one player for a large amount after 50 league games, I gave him the nickname 'Fifty Lenny', so I didn't forget. (His name was Lenny originally). That then went down to Eighteen Lenny a season later, then Ten Lenny, then I sold him. I found that useful - I was paranoid I'd play him for too mnay games and make my club bankrupt.

I like giving nicknames to some players if they remind me of other players - for example, I once had Malky Mackay as an assistant manager, and a regen striker came through called Matty Mackay - I nicknamed him Mackay Jnr. I also give nicknames to those players whose names I can't pronounce, or who are too long.

I like the nickname feature, and would be disappointed if it were removed.

I use it sheerly for the familiarity, not that I'm trying to pretend I'm McClown or anything...

At the moment in my Liverpool game

Torres = El Nino

Gerrard = 'ow 'ard? Stevie ****in' Gerr'ard

Modric = Pocket Rocket

Barzagli = Mr. Bondurant

Benayoun = Yossi's Giant

etc etc...

Yes, very childish but it keeps me entertained.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by acidmonkey:

i hardly use it but mate gives nicknames to all his players removing the first name so (yest hes normally chelsea icon_rolleyes.gif)

Frank Lampard = Lampard

John Terry = Terry

etc.

takes him ages and i have no idea why he does it </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gayest thing I ever heard icon_smile.gif

Had two brazilian wonderkids, both named Pereira..so looked in the personal info, and changed their name to whatever their first name was ie Sergio and Leandro...

Also, in 00-01, i used to give rotten names to all my goalies that were sh!te..eg @rse; ****face; kn0b...lol i needed help back then...maybe i shud do da same for da cr@p dat i get in 2007 icon_smile.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SWaRFeGa:

I nicknamed my Supporters Spokesperson "B*llend".

No real reason. Still raises a childish chuckle everytime he has an opinion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I nicknamed my Supporters Spokesperson "B*llend".

No real reason. Still raises a childish chuckle everytime he has an opinion... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I actually laughed out loud at work reading this, brilliant

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dregganor:

I have trouble remembering which of my regens show potential, so I usually change their nickname to something like "HighPotentialMid" so I won't forget </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bet you were popular at school.

Hi its me InfluentialCentreHalf. Are you coming out to the roller disco?

Nah me and PromisingYoungLeftBack are going to see Independence Day at the Apollo.

I always give my assisitant the nickname "AssMan."

Also, in this thread, I posted:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Originally posted by me:

I use nicknames a lot.

One of my favorites was a Greek AMC I had in '06 named Christos Christanastanthopolis (or something like that) whom I nicked "Alphabet". In '07, I had a young FRED striker who showed great promise I named "The Kid". This year, I had that famous Namibian MC, Mxolosi Mtsetfuea, whom I've named "Mufasa" because I don't even want to try and say his name. Beniot Op De Beeck has become "Oppers", Jose Luis De La Torre has become "De La", Giovanni Manzoni = "The Man", Massimo Krapf was "Maximum" at first, but now is just "Max".

And so forth. Basically, if the name is too long or too unpronouncable, it gets a nickname. If the player is really good and I start calling him something else in my head, the label sticks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by CookieColeman:

Im considering giving myself a knighthood if/when I win the Champions League. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha quality.. gud idea.. iv i win the league cup wiv bolton then i may consider the same thing hahahhaa

I use it as mentioned above for Spanish/Portugese regens.

For example a 'Jiminez Jiminez' is not an uncommon occurance, so I simply shorten it down to 'Jiminez' icon_biggrin.gif

It's one of those things that you don't notice while it is there but it was scrapped you'd notice.

I nickname ALL my players in one way or another, (either for familiiarity or for scout/coach report info).

I also nickname certain famous players.

Sol Campball = ****

Frank Lambard = Fat Frank.

John Terry = JT

Jermaine Defoe = JD

There are many others.

I suppose I use this in much the same way that people download skins and graphics packs. It's to make the appearance of the game more enjoyable to me.

No, the world's always been full of losers who took shortcuts.

Trust me, if your written communication looks like a text message from a 15 year old girl you'll go nowhere in life. Unless you're Wayne Rooney.

I use it for my scouts. Like if one scouts knowledge is in Sweden and Denmark, his nickname will be "Sweden,Denmark" etc. Makes it a lot easier when scouting.

Also when youth players come up, any that look particularly good I can use it to make a note of that.

Archived