Anyone NOT MAN U, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea?

I log in everyday to read a few posts while i'm bored, but all I see is Liverpool this, Man U that, Chelsea the other!! is anyone on here a fan of managing lower league teams?? I know there are some, so who is your favourite lower league team, or rather what is your best lower league game? not including the one you support.. Mine is Colchester!!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love LLM.

Its all I ever play.

My current game i'm managing Tottenham, but I might start a new one with Aston Villa. Or Lower League Management in a foreign country might be challenging. I'm thinking maybe Sevilla.

I love LLM.

Its all I ever play.

My current game i'm managing Tottenham, but I might start a new one with Aston Villa. Or Lower League Management in a foreign country might be challenging. I'm thinking maybe Sevilla.

Was there any point to that? As for LLM, i usually start unemployed so thats all i get offered, then after i turn an adequte BSN team into a utter rubbish one, i move on. like a virus. Although i did get Vauxhall motors promoted on one save, my crowning achievement

I log in everyday to read a few posts while i'm bored, but all I see is Liverpool this, Man U that, Chelsea the other!! is anyone on here a fan of managing lower league teams?? I know there are some, so who is your favourite lower league team, or rather what is your best lower league game? not including the one you support.. Mine is Colchester!!!

All i ever manage is Norwich

I feel as if i manage one of the TOP FOUR if i win a trophy i think anyone could of done it

I'm managing Piteå in Sweden... Started out in 2nd Division North, now I'm in First Division Elite. My friend is managing Dalian (S) in Singapore, before he was in Mons Claudius in slovenian 2nd division... ;)

It's underrated to start as unemployed and just see where the wind blows you... :)

I'm managing Piteå in Sweden... Started out in 2nd Division North, now I'm in First Division Elite. My friend is managing Dalian (S) in Singapore, before he was in Mons Claudius in slovenian 2nd division... ;)

It's underrated to start as unemployed and just see where the wind blows you... :)

I'd love to do that, but I'm crap at FM, so I'd need a club that's half decent to attract the right players!!!

I have a few saves ongoing, Burton Albion, Luton, Watford, Wolves and Newcastle! My crowning glory however was getting Stafford Rangers to the chamionship from BSP on 08! Then 09 came out and its been brushed under the carpet! Still have it installed so may go back to it sometime!

I see true lower league management as being teams such as Lazio, Villareal or Everton.

But the fact they are in the top league ie not the lower leagues makes it the opposite of lower league management, surely?

Liverpool fan but running a game with Tranmere. Got two straight promotions, finished 9th my first season in the top flight, 11th my second in top flight, 15 in third season (see the pattern yet?) and 16th my fourth. Currently in 19th with 23 games gone 7 points behind 18th placed team (Bolton). Liverpool just hammered me 5-0 at home. Board not happy with me. Man I'm screwed .....

• Administrators

As a tester I feel as though I've travelled the world in this game! Still on the 'home' game I settle for a nice boring career as Newcastle manager.

Did have a couple of great games with Red Star Belgrade and Metalist Kharkiv mind :thup:

As a tester I feel as though I've travelled the world in this game! Still on the 'home' game I settle for a nice boring career as Newcastle manager.

Did have a couple of great games with Red Star Belgrade and Metalist Kharkiv mind :thup:

toon, Toon, black and white army!

I always make my own team in the BSS, give myself a forgiving, undemanding, good-business-sense chairman and a brittle, demanding, stupid DoF, a goodly-sized stadium, a decent bank balance, minimal BSS reputation, and "me," a youth WBR,DM,AMRC with low CA and max PA, and nothing else. I start the game in June, and have a little over a month to sign a staff and side and get them ready for the season.

This year, I'm Canterbury City, and, in 10/11, am looking to get into League Two...

I usually have a few games running, an unemployed game, a game with spurs, a game with the Phoenix in the A League and a game whereby I create a team in BSS and take them to the EPL. The team has 23 created players (friends/teammates in real life) all starting with CA's of around 60-80 and PA of -7/8. The first few seasons are pretty easy, but it gradually gets harder as the players no longer match up to the class of the players around them. Im currently coming to the end of the 2010/11 season in this game, heading into League One where the challenge is really going to step up.

Cool. Im currently Moyola Park, North Irish second league. Got the job after I became unemployed :)

But I didn't start with one of the big four. I was with Fulham.

MM

nice how you getting on since 08/09 i've finished 8th every season its now 11/12 lol loosing money though

I love LLM.

Its all I ever play.

I hope your joking

nickthe blade supporting Colchester?? :confused:

I lived in Colchester [who are NOT lower league :rolleyes:] before going to Sheffield Uni mind - and look where I am now !

Anyway, I don't see a great proportion of posts by people managing the big 4 at all. There's been a huge number recently blasting SI for making Arsenal too good in FM09, but nor by people managing them. In fact I enjoy the sheer diversity of clubs managed, from all levels and continents, on this forum. Then there's the LLaMa forum, not to mention [so I will] the Editors' Hideaway where people edit amazing databases - I downloaded and played the Fiji league in FM08 and am just waiting for a fella to put the final tweaks to his Scottish database where he makes hundreds of non-league Scottish teams playable. 'Fort William have amountain to climb' here we come!! :cool:

Archived