Make 3 subs.....player gets injured!!

Why is it everytime I make my final substitution I lose a player to injury!! This has just happened to me for at least the 5th time this season and I'm not even in December!!! It has just cost me my last game and is destroying my save, yet another ridiculous bug!!

calm down, its not a bug, your just unlucky, i make 3 subs every game, i could probably count on one hand the number of times i have lost a player to injury after that, selective memory means you will remember these incidents and perceive them to be more frequent than they actually are.

What a moronic response!! If I want to use my allocation of subs then surely I shouldn't incur such stupid consequences, or your stupid response.

Equally moronic response, to be fair.

You can't use 100% of your subs, then complain when (once in a while) a player in unable to continue.

Assuming the previous players have been taken off for tactical or fitness reasons, rather than injury - either you're making subs too early, or your players are in bad condition generally, or your tactic is working them too hard.

As an early substitutioner myself (I often use all my subs by the 70th minute, and on the rare occasion even all of them by the 60th minute). So I've felt the burn of an injury after doing all my subs before. However I've also gotten quite good at setting up my team with 10 men before, whether chasing the game or closing it out, so I don't find it too annoying.

That said, I've never had it occus 5 times in less than half a season, maybe 3 at the most for me in a half season. So my suggestion to the thread starter would be that you are either incredibly unlucky, or perhaps exaggerating in the figures you're giving. Also, there is no injury bug. Believe it or not but players do get injured when playing football, irrespective of when you've made you're substitutions. Also, the game isn't consipiring against you either. You've just had a bit of misfortune. Deal with it.

What a moronic response!! If I want to use my allocation of subs then surely I shouldn't incur such stupid consequences, or your stupid response.

What do you expect, when you rant and claim "yet another ridiculous bug !!"

calm down, its not a bug, your just unlucky, i make 3 subs every game, i could probably count on one hand the number of times i have lost a player to injury after that, selective memory means you will remember these incidents and perceive them to be more frequent than they actually are.

Milner is correct.

Why is it everytime I make my final substitution I lose a player to injury!! This has just happened to me for at least the 5th time this season and I'm not even in December!!! It has just cost me my last game and is destroying my save, yet another ridiculous bug!!

It's not a bug, just unlucky. Becarefull when you use your subs.

As someone who uses triple substitutions a lot, I've suffered from the injury problem. It's not a bug, it happens in real life. You take the chance on using your subs. Hardly worthy of a rant on here.

Its a bug, it happens way too much and you get way too many injuries where players cant continue. It almost seems hardcoded that someone will have to go off on the 70-75 min range.

I have a ST and i can never remember it happening at any game ive been too. In FM its 5-10 times a season unless you always make the last sub after 80 mins.

don't be rediculas philly_flyer10 you just got to be wise and don't use your subs so early. In the real world, how often do you see top Managers use all 3 subs by the 60th minute ? very rarely.

You only have yourself to blame

don't be rediculas philly_flyer10 you just got to be wise and don't use your subs so early. In the real world, how often do you see top Managers use all 3 subs by the 60th minute ? very rarely.

cue comments of, "this is my game i should be able to play it exactly as i want".............

C'mon this is easy to solve. Just keep your last sub until the around the 85th minute or at least 80th minute tops, unless you are comfortably ahead or desperately chasing the game in need of a change in tactics. That way it is very unlikely you get caught without a sub, and even if you do you just have to play 10 men for 3 minutes or so. Most teams do this in real life anyway so you can't have any complains.

Change individual instructions, perhaps easy tackle, less pressing to economize energy in the last minutes, no tight marking and more....perhaps your players are jadedness due to bad squad rotation and not use of their natural fitness to know how many games in a row they can do. It's not a bug, it's just consequence of something you do wrong. FM is working like this way.

It's not a bug. If you look at real life, managers rarely make all 3 subs until very late in the game, if at all.

Personally I like making lots of subs to keep players fresh, which is why I chose to allow 5 from 9 on my custom db.

I generally use all 3 subs around the 60-65 minute mark and very very rarely go down to 10 men. This is just a case of selective memory as it is so annoying when it does happen. The idea that this is a bug is embarrassing but typical of this place right now.

It does happen a lot. I rarely use more than two for tactical reasons as I know what can happen. What makes me laugh though as in match you get a message from your Assistant saying "Player A has picked up an injury. Make a quick sub or leave him on". You click leave him on and almost immediately 9 times out of 10 it jumps to the tactics screen where you have to substitute him anyway!!

funny you should say that, that happened in the last game I went too. Triple sub on in the 66th minute.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=317962&cc=5739

last weekend

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=318227&cc=5739

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=317960&cc=5739

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/gamecast?id=318191&cc=5739

So thats 4 games out of 10 from the last round of PL games where all subs were made with about 30 mins to go including added time. Not exactly rare is it?

It does happen a lot. I rarely use more than two for tactical reasons as I know what can happen. What makes me laugh though as in match you get a message from your Assistant saying "Player A has picked up an injury. Make a quick sub or leave him on". You click leave him on and almost immediately 9 times out of 10 it jumps to the tactics screen where you have to substitute him anyway!!

and then usually hes ok after the game, it makes no sense that you must bring a player off yet theres no bad problem with him. It would take a bad injury (not a sprained wrist or something stupid like that) for a team to play on with 10 men, Ive gone down to 9 men several times as well.

funny you should say that, that happened in the last game I went too. Triple sub on in the 66th minute.

last weekend

So thats 4 games out of 10 from the last round of PL games where all subs were made with about 30 mins to go including added time. Not exactly rare is it?

Urm how did Everton manage to play twice in the same round? Well they didn't so thats not 4 games out of 10.

Everton (v Bolton) - 1st & 3rd sub were forced because of injury so you can't really count that one as a manager's choice.

That leaves three matches where the last sub came between 65 & 70 mins. Its really down to the manager though and in general most games don't see the 3rd sub by a team until later.

As for FM as others have said its selective memory, if you think there is a bug you need to provide evidence over several seasons not just a couple of occasions when its happened.

I'm sure there's a technical term for this.

This is basically only noticing certain things when they're going against you. And you remember them because it frustrated you.

Like if you're late for work and you get every red light on the way. But on every other day that you weren't late you hit a red light, you just didn't notice.

Or that time you're in a hurry in the supermarket and there's only one till open, and there's an old lady with 3 trolley full of shopping moving at snails pace. Sure it's happened you before when you weren't in a hurry but you didn't take notice.

This sub thing and injuries is nothing but co-incidence and you only notice it because it frustrates and angers you and you try to rationalise it by saying it's a bug, but in reality it's just a co-incidence.

last weekend

All subs were used in just 2 of those games if you count both teams which would make it 6 out of 20 (3/10), plus not all those games were from the same round of fixtures so it's not a fair way of evaluating the data.

Urm how did Everton manage to play twice in the same round? Well they didn't so thats not 4 games out of 10.

Everton (v Bolton) - 1st & 3rd sub were forced because of injury so you can't really count that one as a manager's choice.

That leaves three matches where the last sub came between 65 & 70 mins. Its really down to the manager though and in general most games don't see the 3rd sub by a team until later.

As for FM as others have said its selective memory, if you think there is a bug you need to provide evidence over several seasons not just a couple of occasions when its happened.

Its not selective memory, you get way too many injuries that you have to take off and then find theres nothing wrong with them.

3 out of 10 is not rare. That means over a season there will be dozens of potential situations yet going down to 10 will happen once or twice. The ai will go down to 10 men against me once or twice a season so its not selective memory. Its something thats got worse over the years with FM too. So its a problem that needs to be fixed.

So why can the player not stay on if there is no long term problem with him?

players take kicks all the time and come off only to be fit and fine the next day, teams will take players off as precautions all the time, just because a player is not properly injured does not mean he would have been able to continue playing at the moment he was hurt.

Its not selective memory, you get way too many injuries that you have to take off and then find theres nothing wrong with them.

3 out of 10 is not rare. That means over a season there will be dozens of potential situations yet going down to 10 will happen once or twice. The ai will go down to 10 men against me once or twice a season so its not selective memory. Its something thats got worse over the years with FM too. So its a problem that needs to be fixed.

So why can the player not stay on if there is no long term problem with him?

Its still not 3/10 there are 10 matches so 20 teams per round.

Its really simple though: If you feel there is a problem and its not selective memory then provide solid evidence to demonstrate to SI that there is an issue.

Its still not 3/10 there are 10 matches so 20 teams per round.

Its really simple though: If you feel there is a problem and its not selective memory then provide solid evidence to demonstrate to SI that there is an issue.

Its happened in 3 in 10 matches or are you going to deny that too? It doesnt matter if it happens to us or the ai, the fact that it happens so often is a problem.

In my current season with 10 league games to go, its happened to me 3 times and the opposition 5 times and you really dont think thats a problem as the ai obviously cant even cope with it so now you cant even blame the player.

players take kicks all the time and come off only to be fit and fine the next day, teams will take players off as precautions all the time, just because a player is not properly injured does not mean he would have been able to continue playing at the moment he was hurt.

You dont take players off as a precaution if it means you go down to 10 men in a tied or 1 goal game, thats just insane and anyway, in these scenarios you have no choice but to bring the player off so you cant use the precaution excuse.

Its happened in 3 in 10 matches or are you going to deny that too? It doesnt matter if it happens to us or the ai, the fact that it happens so often is a problem.

The regular forum users are used to you blowing things out of proportion by now.

You stated earlier in the thread that going down to 10 men happens 4/10 times or 40% of occasions in real life based on evidence provided of matches from the last week.

Since then we've identified that its 10 matches (not teams), it was over two rounds of games (not one) and that one match had two forced subs.

So in reality your original 40% claim is actually only 7.5% (3 teams out of 40) based on the evidence you provided.

The fact remains if you feel there is an issue PROVIDE EVIDENCE from your save for SI to review and correctly interprete it if you want to be taken seriously.

No, I included the last 11 games which Everton featured twice. I didnt check the other 9 so your stats are out by a mile.

Ive already proven its not a case of noticing when it goes against you as it happens to the ai more than you.

Ive also just seen there no date on the screen that proves it so the fanbois will just accuse me of going back over 10 years worth of games.

I'll use my subs early if I need to change my formation/tactics, I'll keep one to use late on (85th minute-ish) to rest a tired player if I'm doing well. Either way, on my current save, I can only remember one time having to finish with 10 men. I'm only in February 2012, but I'm clearly not suffering from this game destroying bug.

Ive already pointed out the reason why its not worth bothering to do the print screens.

So although you feel there is a problem you can't be bothered to collect the relevant information to prove there is an issue and would rather continue to moan on the forum about this so called bug.

Way to go :rolleyes:

Fanbois will never accept they are wrong, either it will all be photoshopped or Id have collected them over years but its pointless because no proof will be enough.

I proved all 3 subs were made before the 70th min in 4 times in the last 11 games and you still tried to warp the figures because you couldnt accept being wrong.

I frequently use all my subs before the 70 minute mark, heck sometimes I've already used 2 by HT because were getting overrun & I need to make tactical changes or I've taken a gamble on a semi-fit player but I am not experiencing anything like a problematic frequency of finishing a match with less than 11 players.

Granted there have been times were I've been reduced to 10 men & on very rare occasions fewer than that however I would not endorse the opinion that there is a fundamental problem with the game that results in managers being punished for using all 3 substitutes.

This is not a bug as SI have said often that there is no code written in to create this type of situation. If you use you subs carefully, this may still happen but certainly not with any frequency.

Looks like fitness/condition is taken into account which means there is abnormal amount of injuries in the last 15 mins compared to the rest of the game.

Archived