Has anyone signed Neymar ?

i signed him for arsenal in the demo as well same price as with barca. he wanted to be highest paid player.. so he demanded a clause to auto raise him to top wage.

On FM2011 halfway through my 3rd season I managed to sign him for Standard Liege in Belgium. He cost £40m (£10m up front, £30m over 3 years), and I had to offer him the maximum salary, and a massive appearance fee.

After 6 months of tearing up the Belgian league, and almost dragging my team to Europa League glory, Barcelona signed him for £88m.

Signed him for my Sheffield Wednesday game on FM11 although it was about 5 seasons in, I got him for £30m from Schalke who signed him for £22m the season before!

Also singed Ganso who ended up being the best player in the world!

With Ganso as a AMC playmaker and Neymar as a ST poacher they were good for about 60 goals a season with Neymar getting between 35 -40 and Ganso 25!

FM 2012 Demo

Signed him at Inter. Paid 10mio in cash and 57mio over 48 months.

I played him on AML in a 4-1-2-2-1 formation. Only a few goals and asists, average rating slightly below 7 (6.98 or something like that).

Not bad for a 19 year old, but difinately not worth 67 mio.

Wolves or any other lower club could easily afford £40m if they raise a budget of £10m, by paying on a 48 month deal you're allowed to spend 4 times your budget. I signed Ganso for Swansea for £27.5m in the demo with this method, and Neymar was also interested in joining me, so he's probably telling the truth...

I smell ******** about

If going by his first 6 months.

He'll be great over 14 seasons and easily a bargain at 67m

That's what I was trying to say... given his age, he could prove to be worthy. But rarely you have the luxury of spending 67mio on a player who may or may not play well in a few years. What if he gets injured for a year? I did this only because it is demo, I would never gamble so much money in a "real" game.

Signed him on a free in season 5 on FM11...

...for Ross County!

He'd broken his leg and not had his contract renewed, so I picked him up in September. Worked out delightfully partnering Andy Johnson ahead of my midfield of Wilshere, Kranjcar, Simon Rolfes, and Alejandro Alfaro. All, again, picked up on frees. I still can't fathom why none of the CPU clubs would have signed any (or all!) of the above, leaving them to end up plying their trade in Dingwall.

Eventually I couldn't afford all those wages though, so I sold Neymar a year later to Barcelona for £34m + 50% of any future transfer, and Wilshere to Newcastle for £13m + 50% of any future transfer.

Alfaro was a top freebie for my Forest game. And as for Wilshere - most of the top youth players for Arsenal were ignored in the first team and were available for cheap.

I tried to sign him for spurs with 30 mill on the demo, santos wouldnt take it so i asked the board to do it which i have never tried before, they signed him for 54mill on 64k per week. he is worth it with 15 goals and 11 assists in 16 games playing mainly as a wing forward in a 4-3-3

I've signed him for Liverpool every time I play the demo, always for 55 million, over 48 months. Had to sell Lucas, Skrtal and Aurelio to fund it though... Coates & Wilson are superb back ups though. I play Neymar up front alongside Suarez in an attacking 4-4-2 and he always does very well, scoring heaps and laying on heaps too! My most recent demo game saw me to climb to first by the end mainly thanks to my two superstars. DON'T play them as Trequartista up front though, doesn't work.

• 5 months later...

Have had Neymar + Aguero up front since Jan of last season (with C. Ronaldo and Douglas Costa on the wings), and so far have won the Premiership x2, FA cup, League cup, Champions league, Euro super cup and Club World championship and am in the FA and CL finals again this season (going for 6 out of 7 available trophies, lost the Community shield due to playing the kids).

I'd say he's one of very few players in the game that if you have the funds you really should sign him whatever the price.

NeymarHistory_CareerStats.png

Did you bid £100 million straight away?

I've worked my way up to 100 million. They never offer to negotiate, they just keep refusing. I'm offering them all the cash up front as well.

Well, I apparently just had to talk up Santos' manager. He was having a hard time with Santos currently in 17th, so I said he was doing a good job.

"Santos have accepted Real Madrid's offer of 85 million for Neymar"

Archived