Starting to get so sick of this pathetic game

I am constantly dominating games, i am having for example in the last game 27 shots to middlesboroughs 4

Yet they win 1 - 0 i have best rated strikers in the league, good enough for premier league (Wickham, evans and carlton cole)

I have premiership rated midfielders (Buonatte (Sp?) Jimenez, Berson, assiati.

Great keeper and defenders

Yet about 6 or 7 games this season i have had over 20 shots to the opposing teams single figure shots and i lose.

yes you can say confidence, it happens in real life, etc but not this OFTEN.

Enjoyment raidly going out of these games as they progress.

Also what i often call half time team talk manager hasnt changed much, can be dominating a game, say the wrong thing at half time and the first highlight will be the opposite team scoring....Pile of bull*****

I am constantly dominating games, i am having for example in the last game 27 shots to middlesboroughs 4

Yet they win 1 - 0 i have best rated strikers in the league, good enough for premier league (Wickham, evans and carlton cole)

Yet about 6 or 7 games this season i have had over 20 shots to the opposing teams single figure shots and i lose.

Also what i often call half time team talk manager hasnt changed much, can be dominating a game, say the wrong thing at half time and the first highlight will be the opposite team scoring....Pile of bull*****

Hahaha that's so true. Get the team talk wrong and you're guaranteed at least a goal against within 5 minutes after half time.

Yeh without being big headed i am usually quite good at FM, have played it for years.

Know about tactics, change it depending on opposition, my tatctic ratings for different tactics are all full, when i look at the match preparation screen etc.

And look at what just happened against 20th place millwall

http://img190.imageshack.us/i/millwallvipswichstatsma.png/

Meh, I find the whole "one shot, one goal" thing works as much in my favour as against me. A recent example would be Cardiff away, got hammered from start to finish but scored our single shot on goal and won 1-0. But then it's also happened against us this season, swings and roundabouts.

OP: Out of curiosity, what are your defence/keepers concentration levels like? All it takes is for them to switch off for a moment...

My home tactic is usually attacking, but also play standard, or counter depending on the strength of the opposite team.

I almost never put overload on and if i do its only last 10 mins if i am losing 1-0.

If i am away against a tough team i try to not get beat!

half way through a home game i have had 12 shots 7 on target 1 goal

Sheff Utd away have had 3 shots 1 on target 1 goal (With my new keeper, lonegeran) :/

PS: Playing standard with a 4141 formation

I WON :) 4-1

You gotta start exploring different aspects of the game, start commenting on managers/dangermen. Don't keep saying the same old thing in press conferences. Talk to your players occasionally. Look at your player roles, are they really fitting right? Do your replacement players fit in those roles? Strike partnerships? Re-evaluate everything. And also try playing more rigid.

Yeh guess commenting more on things may help.

Thing is in my first seaosn when i won the championship i didnt and was fine.

i then got up to the premier league and got relegated i think fairly

However this luck seems very unfair:thdn:

Meh, I find the whole "one shot, one goal" thing works as much in my favour as against me. A recent example would be Cardiff away, got hammered from start to finish but scored our single shot on goal and won 1-0.

I can honestly say, that I have not had this happen to me in FM11. It may have happened in previous versions, unlikely in FM10, go back to FM07 or 08 yes , I would say it occurred every now and then. I may have snuck in a lucky draw where I've had 3 or 4 shots to the oppositions 10 or 15 , but never had a 1 shot 1 goal result.

Think ill just go back to fm10.3

Honestly 11.2 is a pile of *****!

Keep dominating games, tried new goalkeeper, new striker, working balls into box, rigid, fluid, standard, counter, attacking, just nothing is working.

I have the best squad in the league yet the game seems to con the fook out of me.

Seriously hating the game at the moment,

I know most people will think this is just your average rant, but it really isn't, i know about tactics, i have done challenges before, even downloaded and read the entire tactics guide for fm10, its not as if i dont know what i am doing, its that i am working with poorly made tools.

Rant over....well for tonight, i will wake up tomorrow, go do some work, come home play a bit and see what pile of bull it comes up with.

Use match preperation.

I think the thing people dont seem to be getting, is its not i am playing badly its the fact that i consistently dominate games.

Opposition keepers consistently play 8 and above.

I consistently have 3-6 clear cut chances in a match, only for them to be saved or wide or post etc.

I have good strikers for championship levels, Carlton cole, ched evans, connor wickham. 3 seasons in, the first 2 seasons it was a fair game, this season everything has changed. It feels broken

I can honestly say, that I have not had this happen to me in FM11. It may have happened in previous versions, unlikely in FM10, go back to FM07 or 08 yes , I would say it occurred every now and then. I may have snuck in a lucky draw where I've had 3 or 4 shots to the oppositions 10 or 15 , but never had a 1 shot 1 goal result.

I should probably have stated i'm still using FM10, my bad. But I also play a very counter-attacking game, so it's more likely my style of football than anything else.

Well i know that it does happen in real life, but what i am saying is it DOES NOT happen to the same team, 5-6 games in 2 months.

In other news, carlton cole was transfer listed and unhappy, 1.6Mil and 42k wages.

IRL Birmingham 1 Chelsea 0 a month ago. Anyone who saw this game would have seen how much chelsea dominated the game and how many chances they missed or Foster saved so to the OP, it happens .

It does. But I'm leaning towards the OP's arguments. If it happened occasionally you can chalk it down to bad luck. I personally wouldn't want to win every game anyway, occasionally getting mugged off in a game you dominate is what makes it so frustratingly realistic, and addictive. But it does seem to happen A LOT on 11.2. Multiple times I've had 15+ shots to the opposition's 2, 6 CCC to their 0, and drawn 0-0 or lost 1-0. Unfortunately the argument "ITS BROKEN, ITS NOT FAIR!!!!" is just as moronic as "No its not, its your tactics, it happens IRL". Having the ability top offer criticism and praise where due, in a constructive way, is unfortunately what a lot of this forum miss. The game is either 10/10 or 0/10.

Keep dominating games, tried new goalkeeper, new striker, working balls into box, rigid, fluid, standard, counter, attacking, just nothing is working.

Therein lies your problem. Too much tinkering and too little long term strategy. Do you have a set idea of how you are going to play in various conditions and against different formations within an overall system (i.e. I will play balanced, short passing, less CF, zonal marking etc but will play more direct in wet conditions, exploit the flanks against narrow formations, work the ball and pass into space on good pitches?) Do you have plans to see games out, unpick massed defences, score on the counter against teams coming at you etc, etc?

All FM11 requires is logical tactical planning, a willingness to believe in the method even when it doesn't go as expected, and a consistent man/media management strategy.

your midfield is too weak

It's your tactics...

But seriously it is, are you playing attacking or overload in these matches? Because if so and they play counter attacking you will get caught on the break all the time.

This answer comes out on here all the time, every year in fact. If a managers team is creating many chances then I do not believe his tactics are bad (at least not IRL). I'm always successful at FM due to trial and error (and persistence) but if I develop a tactic that continually creates chances then I expect to score more goals in most games.

Anyone else found that more chances go blazing by the post since the last patch? It makes the highlights quite boring.

Dominating and conceding like that would tend to suggest that you are getting caught on the break or something. Do you tend to concede similar goals?

The only thing I can say about your attacking is that you do not get a lot of your shots on target. Are your strikers rushing their chances? Or are you playing a fast tempo?

Lol alot to reply to but anyway....

Basically WWFAN i did have a long term tactic, for attacking, for standard, for counter and had all of these on match preperation fluid on all.

I used them all, however this did not seem to solve problem, only then was it when i changed a bit and added carlton cole and a new goalkeeper in the jan window.

I dont think many people are getting the point, it seems like the suggestion is that if i have less shots then more goals will go in. Sorry but IRL (PS i know its a game) the having 20 odd shots in a game against the opponents 3-4 and losing is rare, on FM11 it seems common.

Therein lies my argument. I am not the only person who this has happened to.

Also not saying its a 0/10 game but it is not as good as fm10.3.

Too many bugs too :(

So i tweak my tactic, and then i play awful but win.

Maybe FM just doesnt like attractive attacking football - Weird but i guess i will take it.

Though still will probably end up on 10.3 in a few days

http://img132.imageshack.us/i/southamptonvipswichstat.png/

http://img193.imageshack.us/i/southamptonvipswichstat.png/

PS: Just to reiterate just because i won does not mean i think the game is any better, still think it is highly bugged and not a great effort

If you had any sense and read the thread you would realise it wasnt realism at all 6 games in 2 months where i had over 20 shots and the opposing team had less then 5 and i drew or lost all 6. Not realistic at all IMO, ever state a case where it has happened 6 times? NO? Dint think so

Playing a cautious tactic right from the start, i dont often see such stats in my game though sometimes it did get frustrating to see me dominate the games but miss chance after chance only for the opposition to score on their second, and on some occasions first attempt to either draw or win the game. Playing attacking football should not be seen as a problem. If your team are creating chances, and if you have got a good striker, then most of those chances should be put away no matter if the scoreline reads 1-0 or 10-0 on a regular basis. After all this is a game..trying to bring in real life stats into an unrealistic engine is really a poor way of going about things. I wonder how Guardiola would feel if he is told that his team are creating lots of chances or how Martin Jol would have felt last season if he was told that every other goal would be disallowed since he was creating an "unrealistic" number of chances. This problem/correction has been in the game for the past three versions (from 09 i believe) and it could be solved through handing out some intelligence to the defenders though going by SI's track record, it would require at least two versions for them to get it right.

when thing's like this happen there is normally a small problem. finding it can be hard but i really beleive it will be such a small change that is needed.

I was having problems of my own recently, and i tweaked thing's slightly and my form has been amazing since..

Try and take a step back mate and look at how you go about the job, try and see thing's from another managers point of view, 1 small change may turn thing's around..

when you read game manuls and assistant advice, i find doing what they tell you should do can backfire at times..

If you had any sense and read the thread you would realise it wasnt realism at all 6 games in 2 months where i had over 20 shots and the opposing team had less then 5 and i drew or lost all 6. Not realistic at all IMO, ever state a case where it has happened 6 times? NO? Dint think so

then if you think this game is pathetic, why on earth are you still playing it then ? If you continue to play it, you just got to accept it and keep tweaking your tactics, get better players, train your current players better, the whole lot

when thing's like this happen there is normally a small problem. finding it can be hard but i really beleive it will be such a small change that is needed.

I was having problems of my own recently' date=' and i tweaked thing's slightly and my form has been amazing since..

Try and take a step back mate and look at how you go about the job, try and see thing's from another managers point of view, 1 small change may turn thing's around..

when you read game manuls and assistant advice, i find doing what they tell you should do can backfire at times..[/quote']

keep tweaking your tactics, get better players, train your current players better, the whole lot

Tweak it? Ahh so the best way to make sure that you win is to ask Tevez to stop closing down more or ask Messi and Ronaldo to stop dribbling more or ask Xavi to make sure that he creates just one or two chances (just so that the finishing percentages will be more) rather than create 5 or 6 in each match. Hmmm...will try to get this "fact to reach Mancini, Mourinho or Guardiola. Why should his tactics be wrong? It is already an effective one, creating him loads of chances. His strikers may be poor, but these sort of stats have been posted by players who have world class teams.

This correction is in the game..and nothing (game manuals/ass man advice/"seeing things from another managers point of view") will not help. This is the way SI has tried to stop gamers exploiting the ME and notch up cricket scores. Blaming his tactics or how he plays is real foolish.

then if you think this game is pathetic, why on earth are you still playing it then

Yeah right..what is the difference between this sort of comment and others which claim that the game conspires against human managers to lose???

well my strikers score for fun, they miss chances but so do all strikers.

It sounds like your strikers are nervous, and i would imagine if they have missed a lot of chances they will be, get new strikers, or get better midfielders to create easier chances, dont just blame the game.

The ME this year is the best ever i would say, there are slightly too many chances created but thats not really a problem.

Archived