FM11 : all the nice unrevealed little additions you have noticed so far

- As Fabio said in another topic, it's nice to see % of games a player has been injured so far (during a season I guess).

Surely there are many others that were not announced by Miles. I suggest we list them all here!

- So far I noticed and liked when you set the season expectation, you see straightforward the related budgets, you don't need to click to see the budget and comeback to make your choice... Nice touch SI thanks :)

- As Fabio said in another topic, it's nice to see % of games a player has been injured so far (during a season I guess).

Surely there are many others that were not announced by Miles. I suggest we list them all here!

- So far I noticed and liked when you set the season expectation, you see straightforward the related budgets, you don't need to click to see the budget and comeback to make your choice... Nice touch SI thanks :)

hehe, just came in here to say what you already said that I said. However that sounds. lol

The extra detail on the Biography-page of the players. Nice to see what trophies he won at the different clubs, instead of just what he has won combined over his career. Those small features that you didnt know you were missing until you got them is what makes each new release so great.

It was probably announced in some capacity, but I didn't read the blogs, so apologies if it is. I've only seen it once, but I had a goal disallowed for offside and it showed a replay from a different angle with a line to show how offside the guy was. Makes the match experience more authentic IMO.

I personally like the fact they have changed the match screen widget for goal flashes. It now highlights the team who scored.

They took away the mouseover for players on the latest scores though.

I like the new manager profile screen with what other managers think of you and whether you have achieved such and such across the top.

I haven't played the demo for very long though, so there might well be loads I haven't seen yet. I can't play small games, so I'll wait for the game to arrive and really get stuck in.

If you have 2 Central Midfielders they are marked CMR and CML so you can make sure you have people in the correct role.

I like it, however it takes away from the DR, DL, DC, DC, MR, ML, MC, MC, ST, ST

it now is: DR, DRC, DLC, DL, MR, MRC, MLC, ML, STCL, STCR

i quite often have a left back playing as a DCR because of this change from the norm

It was probably announced in some capacity, but I didn't read the blogs, so apologies if it is. I've only seen it once, but I had a goal disallowed for offside and it showed a replay from a different angle with a line to show how offside the guy was. Makes the match experience more authentic IMO.

It was announced but I can't seem to get it to work. :-(

I was really excited about this feature as well....do you have to have a certain setting "active" in the match to use this feature? or does it only happen every now and then?

It was announced but I can't seem to get it to work. :-(

I was really excited about this feature as well....do you have to have a certain setting "active" in the match to use this feature? or does it only happen every now and then?

I was pondering my I hadn't seen any offside lines when I read the post too - I came to the conclusion that it might be because I set the highlights to key? I could be wrong... :confused: I never experimented or anything. :p

As a big fan of 2D classic, I have to say that the 3D has really impressed me this year. The 3D animations have taken a big leap in improving in my opinion which for me, makes watching the games a lot more interesting. It's the little things like running more realistically, the GK holding his head if he makes an error, even the GK banging his boots against the post to clear the mud from his boots before taking a goal kick. Then there's other things that people have metioned (the little dots on the fixture screen to indcate a W, L or D/X) and the manager overview screen; it's easier to see what's going on now. I did have reservations about FM11 but after playing the demo for a bit (I know it's still only early days) I have to say that i'm impressed, maybe even a little excited about it :).

I was pondering my I hadn't seen any offside lines when I read the post too - I came to the conclusion that it might be because I set the highlights to key? I could be wrong... :confused: I never experimented or anything. :p

This is another addition which I really like. I have the match on extended highlights and was pleasently surprised to see the dotted line to indicate an offside. Not sure about if a certain setting has to be active or not to see the offside line though.

I haven't changed any settings or anything. The replay was when a ball was played over the top, I think Jonny Evans scored, celebrated, then it was disallowed. I've only seen it once, and that was when it was an actual goal that was disallowed, rather than just a regular offside that was called before a shot etc, if that's any help.

I like how it now has a section on league rules, "Nations counted as EU" something that has been really missing from previous versions. Its just a shame the box where it shows you the countries in the EU is so hideously full of errors.

On the team setting section there is a tab that lets you set the default price you set when offering out a player (up to 200% of his value) and various clauses for offering loan players out like "can play against parent club" and so on that can be enabled or disabled.

When you go into a players position, it shows his average rating for a certain position he plays in. Easier to decide where a player plays best. Love this feature.

I think this has been there since FM09 or atleast FM10.

On the team setting section there is a tab that lets you set the default price you set when offering out a player (up to 200% of his value) and various clauses for offering loan players out like "can play against parent club" and so on that can be enabled or disabled.

Been there last year as well iirc

If this was in FM10, I never noticed it:

I play in windowed mode, so that I can multi-task. Sometimes, I miss goals so I go back to see who scored the goal. However, I noticed that in this year's version, if you mouse over the little goal icon in the toolbar thingy at the bottom, it says "(Playername) Goal".

I like it, however it takes away from the DR, DL, DC, DC, MR, ML, MC, MC, ST, ST

it now is: DR, DRC, DLC, DL, MR, MRC, MLC, ML, STCL, STCR

i quite often have a left back playing as a DCR because of this change from the norm

I know what you mean but I guess we'll get used to it ....

Something nice I've seen during games:

In previous versions, if I would make my third substitution and a player got injured before my sub came on there was no way to undo the sub (who hasn't come on yet) and replace the injured player. This time around, that has been fixed- I subbed out Fernando Llorente due to fatigue for my third sub, but then Pablo Orbaiz injured himself. It took me to the screen to replace him, and I did- Llorente stayed on but Orbaiz was replaced with my third sub.

Archived