At what % condition in game do you feel it neccesary to substitute?

When a player's condition is below 70% during the match, I usually sub him, unless we are losing and he has a good match

Then, before match

- If the player's condition is between 81% and 90%, he will be a sub in the match

- But if it's below 80%, he won't even play as a sub

Not considering goalkeepers, obviously. They hardly lose condition during a match

Usually about 70% unless the condition of the team was low to begin with (i.e. 3 matches in a week). Defenders I enforce a slightly stricter policy while for strikers and attacking midfielders I'm more open to using them in poor condition if necessary - even if they lack legs, the football brain is a remarkable thing - standing still while making that final through-ball takes little energy after all.

At 73

At 73% fitness, i would definately sub the player. Although i would consider the job that they are doing. I sometimes give players a specific duty, that i know will drain them but i am looking to the next match in which i know i can leave them out or sub them at some point.

At 73

At 73% fitness, i would definately sub the player. Although i would consider the job that they are doing. I sometimes give players a specific duty, that i know will drain them but i am looking to the next match in which i know i can leave them out or sub them at some point.

Yeah, 70 or less is an instant sub. If I'm comfortably winning though (ie I don't need to make game changing subs), then around the 60min mark, I'll usually take off my three lowest condition players anyway.

Yeah, 70 or less is an instant sub. If I'm comfortably winning though (ie I don't need to make game changing subs), then around the 60min mark, I'll usually take off my three lowest condition players anyway.

This is what I do!

I always make 2 subs at around 65 minutes and at that point I take off the two players with the lowest fitness unless they're the key players in that particular game. This leaves 1 more sub for injuries in the ding minutes of the match.

In a normal average game my players with the odd exception normally stay above 80%, but there are players who are older their fitness drops quicker and the odd player will pick up a knock, but I normally sub at just over 80% dependant upon the squad average fitness is.

Anywhere between 65-80%, depending on the situation. For me, it completely depends on the players, the opposition, the scoreline and the next fixture. If I don't have another match for 7 days or so, I don't worry about preserving players so much, but if I have another important game, I'd be more inclined to take off an important player around the 80% mark if we're winning.

If its a vitally important game and I feel bringing on my substitute would weaken my team, then as long as my players are still doing ok, I might not sub them unless they drop below 65%.

i normally do 2 subs at the 60-65 minute mark, and i will sub off who ever has the combined worst condition and the worst performance in the game, with performance being the most important should i be behind in a game, if im ahead and cruising then i will usually take off my better players to rest them for the next match.

70% and 70 minutes is my usual subbing time, does vary of course. Generally I try to take off the most-tired player around 70 minutes or near, which is usually my wingers for a bit more offensive oomph

Edit: although in LLM I sometimes use the 60-minute mark, depends on a lot, i'd almost never do a 3-way sub at 60-minutes though, more often 2-way at 60 then 1 at 75.

Archived