Has anyone scored 22 goals?

Here is a profile shot of Smylie, for every year he has played ;)

Andrew Smylie - The Story so far :

2032 | Games, 45 | Goals, 85 | Assists, 13 | MoM, 20 | GPG 1.88

2033 | Games, 57 | Goals, 112 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 31 | GPG 1.96

2034 | Games, 61 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 31 | MoM, 38 | GPG 2.56

2035 | Games, 67 | Goals, 204 | Assists, 27 | MoM, 47 | GPG 3.04

2036 | Games, 53 | Goals, 190 | Assists, 26 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.58

2037 | Games, 48 | Goals, 156 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 38 | GPG 3.25

2038 | Games, 62 | Goals, 228 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 50 | GPG 3.68

2039 | Games, 52 | Goals, 170 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 40 | GPG 3.27

2040 | Games, 61 | Goals, 181 | Assists, 38 | MoM, 47 | GPG 2.97

2041 | Games, 48 | Goals, 142 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 30 | GPG 2.96

2042 | Games, 58 | Goals, 158 | Assists, 25 | MoM, 41 | GPG 2.72

2043 | Games, 55 | Goals, 177 | Assists, 34 | MoM, 37 | GPG 3.21

2044 | Games, 60 | Goals, 185 | Assists, 35 | MoM, 41 | GPG 3.08

2045 | Games, 54 | Goals, 143 | Assists, 23 | MoM, 35 | GPG 2.65

2046 | Games, 59 | Goals, 159 | Assists, 30 | MoM, 36 | GPG 2.69

2047 | Games, 57 | Goals, 140 | Assists, 40 | MoM, 32 | GPG 2.45

2048 | Games, 58 | Goals, 122 | Assists, 32 | MoM, 34 | GPG 2.10

2049 | Games, 47 | Goals, 88 | Assists, 29 | MoM, 22 | GPG 1.87

2050 | Games, 55 | Goals, 77 | Assists, 24 | MoM, 19 | GPG 1.40

Club Totals :

[smylie is now 35 Years Old]

Games, 1057 | Goals, 2873 | Assists, 541 | MoM, 675 | GPG 2.71

N. Ireland

Games, 118 | Goals, 64

*Smylie is now N. Irelands All Time Record Goal Scorer

Career Totals

Games - 1,175

Goals - 2,937

Assists - 541

MoM - 675

An impressive season from the guy. I mean, really. 77 goals is massive at this stage in his career. His attributes are really poor now. 63 Goals away from the all elusive 3,000 though, and he even bagged 3 N. Ireland caps this year, taking him 1 away from the all time record. I hope he struggles over the line. An impressive amount of Caps in his career too, for a striker :thup:

I was 16-0 up at half time. I seriously thought the second half was a disappointment :p

Thanks for the comment, though, NepentheZ. It does mean a lot coming from a big forum personality such as yourself.

:thup: any time

Tevez was a bit stiff not to the get MOTM.

I was so happy with my "big" 5-0 last night too.... :(

Yeah, it looks harsh, but as you can see by my 18-0 screen shot above, Assists seem to be a bit more important, apparently. (Strian got MotM with 11 assists, ahead of Smylie with 15 Goals) - So I can only assume, on top of Adebayors 6 goals, he also bagged 3 or 4 assists.

They are both cheating.22-0 and 25-0?Just look at the condition of the opposition.There isnt a player with more than 50%.

I actually don't know a way of faking the condition thing, so I don't know how I would cheat that. I mean, I guess maybe I could've forced Bowers and Pitsea to play a load of games first to wear them out, but they weren't in a playable league (that came from a save I made for the demo) so if I'd tried that B&P would've just refused the extra games, seeing as I couldn't take them over and force them to play a load of games. I've seen the AI push perfectly fit players to play until they hit 60% condition before, on a regular basis, because the AI is poor at handling player tiredness, and as encore says, it was a very early pre-season friendly, so B&P had no match fitness to go on. Also, actually only one player on their team has a condition lower than 50% anyway :\ If it wasn't for the fact that I rotated out my tired players, they could have been as tired as the opposition. The only exception to this is my defence, but really...how much work do you think my defence needed to do against Level 10 opposition? :p I could've played a 1-4-9 and still not had to face a shot. Those guys barely moved all match.

Edit: I see this applies more to the OP than to me. Makes a bit more sense, but I think the explanation still largely applies.

love to see you guys tactics :(

I wouldn't classify myself as a tactical genius. In fact I'm rarely good at this game at all. I suspect that better men than I could beat that score. The main "tactic" behind this match was picking a game against truly terrible opposition, because I was trying to get the "Double Hattrick" achievement (incidentally I didn't get it...it would seem you have to get it from a competitive match :()

I'm half tempted to try to find a worse team to play, and try to top that score ;)

I actually don't know a way of faking the condition thing, so I don't know how I would cheat that. I mean, I guess maybe I could've forced Bowers and Pitsea to play a load of games first to wear them out, but they weren't in a playable league (that came from a save I made for the demo) so if I'd tried that B&P would've just refused the extra games, seeing as I couldn't take them over and force them to play a load of games. I've seen the AI push perfectly fit players to play until they hit 60% condition before, on a regular basis, because the AI is poor at handling player tiredness, and as encore says, it was a very early pre-season friendly, so B&P had no match fitness to go on. Also, actually only one player on their team has a condition lower than 50% anyway :\ If it wasn't for the fact that I rotated out my tired players, they could have been as tired as the opposition. The only exception to this is my defence, but really...how much work do you think my defence needed to do against Level 10 opposition? :p I could've played a 1-4-9 and still not had to face a shot. Those guys barely moved all match.

Edit: I see this applies more to the OP than to me. Makes a bit more sense, but I think the explanation still largely applies.

I wouldn't classify myself as a tactical genius. In fact I'm rarely good at this game at all. I suspect that better men than I could beat that score. The main "tactic" behind this match was picking a game against truly terrible opposition, because I was trying to get the "Double Hattrick" achievement (incidentally I didn't get it...it would seem you have to get it from a competitive match :()

I'm half tempted to try to find a worse team to play, and try to top that score ;)

So you didnt just add another manager for the team you beat 22-0 and mess there tactics up during the game?

So you didnt just add another manager for the team you beat 22-0 and mess there tactics up during the game?

It would be interesting to see what score I could get doing that, but no I did not. I didn't interfere with Bowers & Pitsea at all. If it helps, here is a screenshot, demonstrating that Bowers & Pitsea aren't a playable team, and thus I couldn't have "messed up their tactics" if I wanted to... Note that Bowers & Pitsea are in the Essex Senior League, which is below the Conference and thus is unplayable on the save I have active.

25nil2.th.png

And for anyone wondering: no I don't mind if people can read my name, and yes, I did accidentally tick the "use my first name" option after getting confused about what it did ;)

This is the only downside to this forum,whenever someone does something unusual people are accused of cheating.

Aye, and I have experience with that:

I downloaded FMRTE for fm09 to 'experiment' shall we say. Used the 'destroy team' option for both the opposition's 1st team, reserves and youth squad.

Went to play the game and NO-ONE turned up for the opposition :D It was just my team versus an empty net at the other end of the pitch. I think I ended up scoring something like 46 goals (which, over the course of 90 minutes is actually pretty useless, I would say). We kept going for long shots & missing the net.

Obviously wouldn't do something like that for a real game. In fact, although FMRTE is a brilliantly designed bit of software, I would never download it again - The temptation would be too great.

The examples of terrific results above definitely look genuine to me :thup:

It would be interesting to see what score I could get doing that, but no I did not. I didn't interfere with Bowers & Pitsea at all. If it helps, here is a screenshot, demonstrating that Bowers & Pitsea aren't a playable team, and thus I couldn't have "messed up their tactics" if I wanted to... Note that Bowers & Pitsea are in the Essex Senior League, which is below the Conference and thus is unplayable on the save I have active.

25nil2.th.png

And for anyone wondering: no I don't mind if people can read my name, and yes, I did accidentally tick the "use my first name" option after getting confused about what it did ;)

Fair play mate, i couldnt open the link on in the OP so was not able to see that. well done then my highest was 19-0 in pre season :(

Aye, and I have experience with that:

I downloaded FMRTE for fm09 to 'experiment' shall we say. Used the 'destroy team' option for both the opposition's 1st team, reserves and youth squad.

Went to play the game and NO-ONE turned up for the opposition :D It was just my team versus an empty net at the other end of the pitch. I think I ended up scoring something like 46 goals (which, over the course of 90 minutes is actually pretty useless, I would say). We kept going for long shots & missing the net.

Obviously wouldn't do something like that for a real game. In fact, although FMRTE is a brilliantly designed bit of software, I would never download it again - The temptation would be too great.

The examples of terrific results above definitely look genuine to me :thup:

I've heard of this happening, always wanted to see it myself. The one question I have to ask is...how did you score so many goals when the ball isn't technically in play if the opposition team hasn't kicked off after conceding? Just a match engine thing allowing you to run in and take the ball, I'm sure, but this one always got me thinking...

I've heard of this happening, always wanted to see it myself. The one question I have to ask is...how did you score so many goals when the ball isn't technically in play if the opposition team hasn't kicked off after conceding? Just a match engine thing allowing you to run in and take the ball, I'm sure, but this one always got me thinking...

I have no idea. SI probably didn't code anything into the game for that eventuality, because it wouldn't happen (without 3rd party editors of course).

After a goal was scored I just remember the whistle going off and because no one was there to kick it, my team went for the ball. Illegal, but then again everything about what I did with the editor was :D

I have no idea. SI probably didn't code anything into the game for that eventuality, because it wouldn't happen (without 3rd party editors of course).

After a goal was scored I just remember the whistle going off and because no one was there to kick it, my team went for the ball. Illegal, but then again everything about what I did with the editor was :D

Sounds good to me ;) I do seem to recall that SI, up until FM09 at least, also hadn't coded anything for the eventuality of a team being reduced to 6 men. Consequently, I'd always dreamed of seeing the other team receive 8 or 9 red cards and hilarity ensuing, though the chances of it happening are astronomically low.

Archived