I wonder if his parents were called Spud and Couch?

AJ1

lol never seen that before

in your title thought it said crouch wondered what he had to with it as first

:) - If Spud and Couch dont give it away, then there is no hope, Im thinking someone @ SI is pulling a fast one as im into 2016.

SI Employee - "I'll set it to call someone Potato in 2016 no one is going to play for that long lol"

:) - If Spud and Couch dont give it away, then there is no hope, Im thinking someone @ SI is pulling a fast one as im into 2016.

SI Employee - "I'll set it to call someone Potato in 2016 no one is going to play for that long lol"

You misunderstand i though you said CROUCH as peter lol, Ive heard him called a lot of thinks but never a potato so surprised me a little

but then read it again and realized my mistake

Is he any good? I love the thought of Potato going on to break Raul's goalscoring record and becoming a Real Madrid legend. He might even have a son in the future called Spud.

I can see the start of a footballing dynasty, lets hope they are all like hot potatoes infront of goal.

Does he have Kenny Jacket as a favoured person?

He doesn't he has Casillas as his favoured personnel.

If he has a bad game, be sure to give him a roasting.

This is cracking me up. Lol cant even drink me tea for fear over blurting it all over the keyboard laughing at this so much lol.

lol - even the mods have a sense of humour when it comes to this thread, thats why they've kept it open, see just how low we can go with the puns.

I noticed in FM that the commentater wouldn't leave him alone due to the fact that he wanted the scoop.

FM also asked me after the game what I thought of Potato's performance against Barcelona, I simply replied "It was mashing!"

I would imagine you got the frite of your life when you saw this player crop up! :)

Top marks for "frite". Nobodys tried that one til now. ha.

We should make this a regular thing someone else dig out a funny player name that we could poke fun at.

Edit: "dig out" was NOT intended to be a Potato-related pun haha....

Archived