Previous missing feature you'll love to see again ?

Previous missing feature you'll love to see again ?  

405 members have voted

1. 1. Previous missing feature you'll love to see again ?

• Star mark for star players in team squad view
    • Complain about referee / FA fixtures
    • Move players to reserve until fit
    • Chairman signings/ chairman player wish
    • Discipline players at any time
    • With/Without Ball tactical command
    • Agents send videos
    • View last match button
    • Attribute just like any other AI managers
    • Not mentioned above

1 . I recall in the previous CM series, every team have star mark on the name of players considered star player in the squad. I really would love that feature back.

I used to like that too :D

Ah, the good ol' days!

1 . I recall in the previous CM series, every team have star mark on the name of players considered star player in the squad.

I really would love that feature back.

2. Complain about a referee. Loved that :D

Regarding 1, that isn't a great feature in my eyes. For one plainly because it is unrealistic that a manager can look at a random team and see their star players. Two because peoples opinions on what makes a star player vary - some people think it is their recent form, others think that 'form is temporary, class is permanant'.

Two is still in there, via the press conferences.

I loved the option to move a player from reserves to 1st team or the other way around for a week, 2 weeks, month. I have no idea why they took it away.

Same, that was amazingly useful for players with short injuries or for players who you wanted to replace a banned playerin the first team for one or two matches.

I guess there must have been a coding problem with that, I can see no other reason they would take out such a useful feature.

I agree with the "move temporarily" feature, that is one of the things that is most putting me off 09.

Discipline players is still in, stevie, but only at appropriate times.

Never have had the option to use it really, my squad are little angels:cool:

used to love disciplining for no reason, it had its advantages, for example, if I wanted to sell a player who didnt want to leave, I would just fine them for poor performances until they got unhappy and asked to leave.

it had its advantages, for example, if I wanted to sell a player who didnt want to leave, I would just fine them for poor performances until they got unhappy and asked to leave.

Which was exactly why it was removed :D

(I did the same)

With/Without Ball- the one realistic tactical device we ever had.

In truth it was probably the single best tactical input interface of any football management game ever. Shame there was no 2D pitch to see why it went wrong sometimes :mad:

I loved the option to move a player from reserves to 1st team or the other way around for a week, 2 weeks, month. I have no idea why they took it away.

Is it really needed? You can set your players as "available for reserves" and since you now get a reminder before every reserve game, it's not that hard to remember to take them off once they're back in first-team football.

I miss the "move to reserves until match fit" feature. Genuinely useful. It's annoying moving injured players from the first team to the reserves and then having to keep checking to see if they're fit yet.

Bring it back SI. You know you want to.

I miss the "move to reserves until match fit" feature. Genuinely useful. It's annoying moving injured players from the first team to the reserves and then having to keep checking to see if they're fit yet.

Bring it back SI. You know you want to.

But you don't have to move them. You can keep them in your first team squad and set their status to 'make available for reserves' then when you see their fitness has returned you can 'make unavailable for reserves'. Voila!

Regarding 1, that isn't a great feature in my eyes. For one plainly because it is unrealistic that a manager can look at a random team and see their star players. Two because peoples opinions on what makes a star player vary - some people think it is their recent form, others think that 'form is temporary, class is permanant'.

Two is still in there, via the press conferences.

Same, that was amazingly useful for players with short injuries or for players who you wanted to replace a banned playerin the first team for one or two matches.

I guess there must have been a coding problem with that, I can see no other reason they would take out such a useful feature.

Arsenal, RE Point 1 - disagree with you, the point I see of star ratings is to confirm the "best" players. In real life you could poll opinion to know that but FM isnt real life so in the game such a detail would confirm something that the limitations of a "game" cannot do. It would be useful.

RE Point 2, is not always an option at press conferences, only for big decisions. Sometimes cumalitive ref errors deserve a "rocket" up him, and I want to chose when I do that, not wait for a rag to give me the option to do it. As we are using quotations from popular lore, apparantly, how about "todays news, tomorrows fish & chip paper"

RE Point 3, I guess you are right about coding, can see no other reason as the present "available for reserves" (which I do like & use a lot) has its limitations (ie. you have to set it every match and it doesnt work in the French League!!!! - bug.). Individual reserve set period reserve swithces could overide the "available" instruction.

But you don't have to move them. You can keep them in your first team squad and set their status to 'make available for reserves' then when you see their fitness has returned you can 'make unavailable for reserves'. Voila!

You miss the point, the automation would be a help, simple as...

Easy, Cancel a Sub

Man I would love to have that feature!

You know what happens to me a lot? My striker plays like crap, it's the 80th minute and I decide to sub him. Of course, he then scores 2 minutes later and gets substituted immediately afterwards without me wanting to substitute him anymore but there's nothing I can do about it. Very annoying.

I second complaining about the referee. Not just in press conferences, but any time. In CM01/02 this feature was in the board confidence screen (I think).

Also, request postponement of matches.

I like small first team squads. Ergo, the "send to reserves until match fit option" was a mini-dream for me. I understand the new system fully, but would like a compromise of the two.

The chairmen signing feature was great and pretty realistic with these ultra moneybags owners.

Yeah I can remember that when you managed Chelsea Abramovich had a thing or 2 to say about the players you signed. Really made me feel as if I actually was managing Chelsea. Well, not really but you get the point.

Besides, the presidents of Real Madrid always have a lot to say about transfers don't they? I've never seen that implemented into FM I think. Would be a nice touch if it would be implemented.

Yeah I can remember that when you managed Chelsea Abramovich had a thing or 2 to say about the players you signed. Really made me feel as if I actually was managing Chelsea. Well, not really but you get the point.

Besides, the presidents of Real Madrid always have a lot to say about transfers don't they? I've never seen that implemented into FM I think. Would be a nice touch if it would be implemented.

It was okay for big name clubs, but bloody annoying with Hearts and Romanov, when despite all the cash, nobody wanted to come to Scotland.

I remember back in the CM series 01/02 i think, you could click on a teams profile page then there was a seperate tab that said 'last match' or 'view last match' and it would automatically take you to the last fixture of that team. Useful when scouting your next opponents.

Not a big thing but i liked it

But that is only if we are going to play them next.

If we are browsing through other league, for instance, i do sure want to know what is the new star of a certain dark horse club, like that.

I take it kinda "media choice" of a star.

I think in the CM 01/02 version you used to get a media option message every time your team went on a 5 match winning/unbeaten/losing streak or a player consistently performed very well. Dont know why they removed it...it was better than the press conferences :(

make an option called "sporting director"

This allows you to play a game where you have a sporting director above you making the signings. Instead of you going out and buying ronaldo, you ask for a right winger and are given what you ask for from the sporting director, or if hes useless he buys players who are of no use to you e.g packing your centre midfield but you have no wide players

Would make some games on continental europe more realistic and interesting. Do you think schuster had that much control over transfers last summer?

Sel -

Firstly, this isn't the wishlist thread, it's the thread for those features that were once in the game but are now removed.

Secondly, would you really want to have someone else do your transfers? Thats my favorite part of the game, and I doubt I would play it if I didn't do the transfers myself.

I liked the Chairman signings as well, i remember onc i kept getting nagged to sign Vieri (or may have been Inzaghi) and he was pretty pants when i eventually did sign him!

I also liked officially complaining bout a red and postponing matches. And its a shame you cant fine players when you want, sometimes i just didnt like someone....

I also miss being given attributes like a real coach/manager. Like you's start with ratings of 10 but over time your ability in coaching attack would increase/decrease. Used to love that, made it more realistic, like you were a real part of the game...

yeah that was a great feature. It would be nice if they put it back in the game for fm2010

I do hope you can go complain about fixtures (and referees)... When you're doing a Blue South team (like Wimbledon) and you get far in the different cups, you're having an insane pace of having a game every other day for a week or 2. It's killing the run you had.

Discipline players when I damned well want to!

That and complain about refs. Those two i miss most often, the others are missed also, although when you have a reserve team, the new system kinda is more to my liking than only having the "move until fit".

I would like to have the FM05 training schedule back. I liked it more and it was easier to manage than the currrent one.

Was that the one with Time Slots? You had 3 per day, and you chose things like Cross-Country Run / Full Match / Aerobics / Weights / Keep Ball / Rest etc. I'm sorry but the new system is infinitely better than that.

You can still complain about referees, that hasn't been taken out!

I don't remember complaining about fixtures being in.

Reserves for a certain time period/until fit was great though :thup:

Yes, but only if asked in a press conference.

Before, we can always choose to complain or not.

And yes, previously you can complain to FA about fixture and propose a delay (although i dont remember if ever succeed :D )

Archived