The last result thread. Cause you're only as good as your last result

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KFUM Oslo 3 - 0 Mo

Cracking win for the Kaffa and extends our unbeaten start to the season to four, with just one conceded. It gets a bit harder now as some bigger teams are coming up, and we have a tester in the first round of the cup next with the visit of the leaders of Group 1 of the Second Division.

Two great goals from my young stand in striker and a belter of a header from my center back (I always think you know you're doing well when your center back joins in the scoring in FM). The only negative would be said young striker picking up a three week injury after a horror tackle that went unpunished. In a way it helps because my first choice striker is back in training and I'd have had a tough time removing the young guy from the squad after his performance. Saves me a decision.

Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Llangefni Town | Welsh Premier League

Took full points from Llangefni for the third time in three games in two weeks. I'm in 6th place in the table right now, but only 8 games into the season. Learning the true power of motivation and morale on a club's performance. Riding high right now...

Arsenal 0-1 spurs (i'm spurs)

This result was very gratifying,league cup 1st leg and really expected to lose.

http://img693.imageshack.us/img693/3192/lastresult.jpg

The second leg (forgot to mention it was a league cup game)

This was the most entertaining game i've played in ages as you'll see in the screenies.

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/8571/arsenalresult.jpg

3 players injured in the first half and no reserve GK on the bench,so i chose Huddlestone because of his strength.But i really expected a pasting in the 2nd half.

Well lady luck shone upon spurs as huddlestone was solid in goal and in ET Altidore got the winner (95th)

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5163/spurssquadnoreservekeep.jpg

Cracking game that see's me through to the final.

Edit: i missed out the final score.

Spurs 1-1 Arsenal

In my second season in German 3. liga Eintracht Braunschweig (my team) 0 - Osnabrück 0-1. Third 0-1 defeat in a row in a nightmare run of 1 1 5 so far. Strikers appear to have gone on strike and board demands promotion after narrowly missing it last season. Seems like a job centre awaits... :thdn:

I've just started my second season with Wigan Athletic.

Last result: Burnley 0-1 Wigan Athletic

Had Gary Caldwell sent off in the 20th minute and ended up clinging on as Burnley missed a sackful of glorious chances.

Aston Villa 0 - 1 Southampton (H)

:mad:

We dominated the game and Sotton had about 3 shots...

Daniel Opare will not be forgiven for deciding to take a 3rd minute penalty and missing it though.

If you're quick enough, you can usually pause + set up a penalty taker and have it take effect before...well...Daniel Opare strikes :(

CL group stage, match 5.

Unirea Urziceni 0 - 6 Arsenal

Sent me through to the knockout stages with a game to spare in a group consisting of Juve, Bordeaux and Unirea.

:( I never knew that...

And more sadness!

League Cup Semi Final Second Leg

Score on Aggregrate before game 2-0 Villa

Final Result: Aston Villa 0 - 3 Leeds (H)

It was absaloutely humiliating to watch... I played my wonderkids yet they got annihalated... Knew I should never have played them.

But I suppose it's only the Carling Cup...

:( I never knew that...

And more sadness!

League Cup Semi Final Second Leg

Score on Aggregrate before game 2-0 Villa

Final Result: Aston Villa 0 - 3 Leeds (H)

It was absaloutely humiliating to watch... I played my wonderkids yet they got annihalated... Knew I should never have played them.

But I suppose it's only the Carling Cup...

Harsh result, especially considering you were 2 up...

not quite the last result, but I had a bit of a premature exit myself

League Cup 4th round

West Ham 1 (7) - (6) 1 Arsenal

Playing the youth squad with a few older players (campbell, bendtner, eboué). Losing it on penalties was gutting, especially after seeing them miss their first 2 -.-

And look who I just drew in the FA Cup 5th round... Leeds.

Last Result: Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle (H)

They took the lead through Steven Taylor (As usual) and then I got a penalty... My LB decided to take it and thank god he scored because I forgot to set a new penalty taker...

That puts me on 49 points joint top with Liverpool and City

And look who I just drew in the FA Cup 5th round... Leeds.

Last Result: Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle (H)

They took the lead through Steven Taylor (As usual) and then I got a penalty... My LB decided to take it and thank god he scored because I forgot to set a new penalty taker...

That puts me on 49 points joint top with Liverpool and City

Time for revenge? :D Just been drawn West Brom in the 3rd round of the FA cup here...not sure if that'll be a good match for me or not, especially if i'm fielding a young squad.

Last result:

Arsenal 1 - 0 Man City

Surprisingly one-sided match, considering the scoreline. Given was suffering from super-keeper syndrome it seems, as he managed to bat away 2 good shots from RVP after he turned his man and got in on goal...they looked destined for the net! Fortunately, ramsey curled a shot from just outside the box into the far corner of the net just before half time. After dominating for a further 45 minutes (including some unconvincing one on ones that were put right at Given), the match ended with a single goal, and Given earning Man of the Match.

Middlesborough 2 - 2 Aston Villa (A)

Daniel Opare just gave away a penalty... Fair play to Akinfeev he went the right way but I'll be looking to ship Opare out unless he ups his game. At the minute he's a liability. But my man Adrien Regattin pulls one back for us... Smashed into the bottom corner... And then my joint favourite player Leonel Figueroa scores a goal for me to put me ahead; I'll admit it was offside. But then Niculae scores a wonder goal... Dancing around my defense to draw equal for Boro.

A draw that should of been a win for me. With these sorts of results the title is not going to be ours... Daniel Opare gets a 5.1 rating

FA Cup 5th Round

Leeds 3 - 1 Aston Villa (A)

I'm furious at my team... Played my youth again with a few crappy worn out veterans and boy did I pay the price... Shocking

Understandable. How many seasons in are you? I'm wondering just how far along Opare is...you're making him sound like a regular. Also, are you sure it was his fault? perhaps someone was leaving him short at the back, and that's why the mistakes were made. I know that when I've watched the run up to a howler, quite often, it's a failing somewhere else on the pitch that the defender takes the rap for.

Last result:

Chelsea 1 - 0 Arsenal

Was never going to be an easy match. Despite having opportunities to draw level, Cech managed to do his job, ending my unbeaten run of 14 in the league. Fortunately, I'm only 5 points behind Utd and 2 behind chelsea at the start of december. Next onto Bordeaux.

I'm in Feb 2013 so Opare is not of an experienced age. It's just good RB's are a rare species on my game... Could of had Rafael but he wanted £92,000 a week so I said no...

This was my lineup against Leeds

leedsvastonvilla.png

I'd show you the regens but I really don't see the need.... But generally you can see it was quite a young squad, I don't know how they lost so bad. Akinfeev should of done a heck of alot better though for a player of his ability.

Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers ( League game : pos-1st)

An injury struck squad but was still able to pull off an onslaught in the last 15 minutes wich seen a 30 yarder win the match.

I'm having to juggle fitness with reserve/youth players due to my huge injury list to Key players. But despite the 60 minute deadlock it was an all round confident performance with a dabble of luck.

Aberystwyth Town 1 - 2 Rhyl | Loosemores Welsh League Cup - Group Stage

A draw would have put me into the next round, qualifying from the second place in the group, but Rhyl dominated the game and one late goal from my best striker wasn't enough for me to move on.

I don't know the first thing about Welsh football, this is my first time playing in the league. Trying to figure out who's the usual best and who's lousy. Llanelli seems to have the strongest squad in 2010/2011, they were picked by odds to win the league.

Looked up Aberystwyth online, looks like a pleasant little place. Glad to have that new 3-year contract extension from the Board!

Aston Villa 0-0 Chelsea

This league game was played between second and third, so neither team wanted to lose, something reflected in the final score. What the scoreline doesn't tell is that it was a brilliant game of attacking football, with only two outstanding performances by the goalkeepers to thank for each team taking a clean sheet.

I feared the worst when we missed a few early chances, but we kept applying pressure and Cech had to make several outstanding saves from my forwards to keep his side in it. Chelsea played on the break and while our defence looked worryingly slow at times, Begovic was brilliant whenever he was called on and so the clean sheet was mainly to his credit. We have a poor record of scoring against them (the previous home league game against them was also a goalless draw) so I didn't expect to score. In spite of our high league position and the fact that we had home advantage, I still think this is a pretty good result.

Benfica 5-0 Porto

2nd knockout round of the Euro Cup 2nd Leg, was 3-0 down from the first leg and thought I was going out the competition to an arch rival. 1-0 up at half time, went overload and got a 2nd with 15 mins to go, told them to take more risks and they duly obliged by scoring 3 in the last 10 mins (although i went back to my usual defensive tactics when i levelled the tie). Absolutely delighted, one of my best comebacks ever!

followed up that astonishing euro cup turnaround by comfortably retaining the league cup beating nacional da madeira 3-0. Even better been drawn against Arsenal in Quarter Final of Euro Cup, they knocked me out last season so a chance to get revenge on Mr Wenger!

PSV 1 - 0 LOSC Lille (Europa Cup Final)

Winning some silverware certainly expanded my options in the transfer market over the summer, am now taking way too long sifting through the available options...

Atletico 3 Real Madrid 0

Probably the most annoying game of my FM career. All their shots on goal went in (including a very soft penalty). Meanwhile, I kept producing shot after shot, even creating more CCCs than them, and hitting the woodwork three times. The only consolation is that this was the second-string 11 playing.

Archived