Jump to content
Sports Interactive Community
zlatanera

[FM19] Manchester United

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, milan_manutd said:

@Jamesbfc1887

How about Laird? He is very decent back up. After season 3 you can buy hot prospect or even good regen for under 10-15mil £ for second choice.

Out on loan before I lost Sidibe. I played him a few times last season did well enough. As soon as I lost Sidibe it was my first thought but sadly he can't be recalled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3759c0b7f8bf87cf6e05fa8fd8a6a346b37b7ec1

868407b06be717d4bafb5c16a0855bc446b81b8c

Season 3 transfers

Scatter-gun approach FC once again, two big signings really in Lafont and Asensio.

Now there is one big loss on the out list. Paul Pogba, he wouldn't stop crying about wanting to play for Real Madrid and he wouldn't even listen to contract talks and with one year left I wasn't going to risk losing him for free.

Almiron, Pereira and Mata, were all great servants and performed fantastically for us over the first 2 seasons but it's time for the a new crop of players to prove themselves.

So who is going to replace the French midfielder?

Currently on our books we have Tonali, De Jong, Gravenberch and Exequiel Palacios all vying for Pogba's spot in the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when the next update will be and will it include stat changes bc I feel like players like Lindelof and Shaw have really improved. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cartopis84 said:

Does anyone know when the next update will be and will it include stat changes bc I feel like players like Lindelof and Shaw have really improved. Thanks.

Probably in the first couple of weeks of March, I feel like that's when it usually is. Also I wouldn't hold out much hope on significant changes to our players - they've only been performing well since mid-December, and they don't usually give significant upgrades to people unless they've hit a ridiculous spell of form like when Liverpool's front three (Salah in particular) received a huge bump on the winter transfer update last season. 

Lindelöf in particular I wouldn't expect much from, he's already pretty great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, zlatanera said:

Probably in the first couple of weeks of March, I feel like that's when it usually is. Also I wouldn't hold out much hope on significant changes to our players - they've only been performing well since mid-December, and they don't usually give significant upgrades to people unless they've hit a ridiculous spell of form like when Liverpool's front three (Salah in particular) received a huge bump on the winter transfer update last season. 

Lindelöf in particular I wouldn't expect much from, he's already pretty great. 

Yeah makes sense. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finally got around to finishing Season 2020/21 (with just two finals to play). As I’ve mentioned before, this is very much a youth development save. I have limited myself to signing British U16 players, providing they cost less than £2.5mill (an increasingly difficult task due to obscene price hikes!). 

The season was brilliant at times, and climaxed in superb fashion. Read on to see all the thrills and spills on my 3rd Season with the Red Devils………..

First Team & Tactics

Premier League
Following our previous 2nd place finish to Liverpool, the pressure was on to regain our league title, which we did in largely comfortable fashion, dropping just six points until early March, when our 28-game unbeaten streak was ended in a 2-1 loss to Spurs away. Highlights included back-to-back wins against Liverpool (including a 7-1 demolition!) and a Rafa Benitez managed Man City. 

The title was won late April with a comfortable 3-0 home win against Everton.

Final Table

Premier League Footballer of the Year;  Paul Pogba – Man Utd
English Player’s Player of the Year; Paul Pogba – Man Utd
Premier League Top Scorer; Harry Kane – Spurs, 22 in 25 (Pogba came third with 21)
Golden Glove; David De Gea – Man Utd
Manager of the Year – Me!

De Gea, Dalot, Lindelof, Bailly, Pogba, Lukaku and Rashford made the Team of the Year (which consisted entirely of Man Utd and Liverpool players!)

Champions League
Following a shaky start with a 2-1 loss to Marseille, we dominated our group, which also included BMG and possible contenders A.Madrid, scoring an impressive 16 goals and conceding 3.

Barcelona awaited in our first knockout stage, we suffered a 3-2 loss in a fairly even clash at the Nou Camp, two set piece goals from Samuel Umtiti proved to be our undoing. We went for it in the second leg, despite our 21 shots, a single goal from Rashford proved to be enough to edge through on away goals. 

In the Quarter Finals, we met a depressingly aged Juventus side. In the first leg, only Bernardeschi and the now DLP Dybala were under 30. Even a 36 year old Cristiano Ronaldo couldn’t threaten and we cruised through 4-1 on aggregate. 

Liverpool were our opponent in the Semi-Finals. We conceded a nightmare early on, O’Connor hacked a clearance off the line, which cannoned off Bailly and into the back of the net. A scrappy Martial tap-in, and a screamer from captain fantastic Herrera were enough for us to scrape through.

Coming up is a surprise clash with Valencia in the Final! 

Other Cups

Wins against Arsenal, Coventry, Chelsea, Tottenham and Ipswich (while only conceding once) were enough for us to meet familiar foes Liverpool in the FA Cup Final. 
Following wins against Leicester, Preston and West Brom, we lost the Carabao Cup Semi Final in a penalty shootout following a 3-3 aggregate draw against Pep Guardiola’s Arsenal.
We also claimed the Euro Super Cup and Club World Championships, against Chelsea and Atlanta United respectively. 

Top Scorers and Other Information

We had six players in the squad reaching the double figure mark. Romelu Lukaku continues to be a goal machine, albeit with a slightly lower total than previous seasons. Paul Pogba scored an insane amount of goals, and reaches double figures for the third consecutive season. While struggling to score goals in the first half of the season, Marcus Rashford exploded in the latter. Angel Gomes and Tahith Chong continued to show their worth, finally taking their place in my strongest XI. Shout out to my captain, Ander Herrera, who notched 10 goals while playing CM(D) for the bulk of the season, the bulk of which were screamers!

Romelu Lukaku - 48(2) apps, 35 goals
Paul Pogba - 43(1) apps, 29 goals
Marcus Rashford - 53(3) apps, 23 goals
Angel Gomes - 39(4) apps, 12 goals
Tahith Chong - 39(2) apps, 10 goals
Ander Herrera - 37(2) apps, 10 goals

What Next
No immediate targets to bring in, though will continue to monitor if my scouts spot a gem. Talented youngsters Liam Anderson and David McDowall agreed terms earlier in the season and will join later in the game – maybe not stars, but the potential is there, so I may be able to mould them into something decent. 

Several prospects will return to the squad from their spells in the Championship with affiliate clubs Burton Albion and Championship winners Derby County. I have particular hopes that James Garner, Ethan Laird and Mason Greenwood will make an impact on the first team in the upcoming season. 

Possible outgoings are likely to be Timothy Fosu-Mensah and Fred, who have both seen considerably reduced minutes due to the immergence of the regens. Fred is being retrained to left-back, and may have a use given Luke Shaw’s fitness, which is flaky at best. Eric Bailly is throwing a bit of a tantrum as PSG declared their interest in January, but I refused to accept, and is generally being a bit of a bellend – not as big of a problem as previous as Tuanzebe is more than capable replacement, but we shall see. 

The most likely to leave will be Alexis Sanchez, who has declined significantly due to injuries, and has spent the second half of the season on loan at Barcelona. I fell victim to bit of a bug, where Barca had an optional £20mill fee agreed, which changed to “cash_1”, and is now a bargain price of £950. Disappointing, but getting his £350,000 off the wage bill is a victory in itself...

Onto the finals!

Youth Talent
Nicky Butt has done a fine job over the last few seasons, providing several talents who have been integrated into the first team. 

Martin Hall is a rock-solid holding midfielder, and is the heir apparent to Ander Herrera. Robust physically and smart on the ball. Consistently tops the training performance report!

Stephen Tierney didn’t manage to match his Champions League scoring exploits of last season, but continues to impress as a rotation option.

Daniel Smith was signed from Sheff Utd for £2mill and subsequently converted into a full back from centre midfield. Smith has really emerged this year, taking the third choice full back position (Dalot moved to LB when Shaw was unfit/injured) and racking up an impressive assist total.

Ian Robinson appears to be the jewel of the group, but has not yet found consistent form. He has picked up the Dictates Tempo PPM, and I’m now trying to improve his weak left foot.

Robert Ross was picked up from Aberdeen for £1.5mill, De Gea’s long term successor. 

Gareth Philips doesn’t have overly high potential, but those attributes at 16 are up there with Robinson. Has a future as a squad player at least!

Hall.png

Phillips.png

Robinson.png

Ross.png

Smith.png

Tierney.png

Edited by Spiegel
Made sense to move the Youth section to the bottom as that's where their photos appear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody started a new game using the Winter Update, Mike Phelan and Ole are not at United? Surely this is not correct!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparky_07 said:

Surely this is not correct!

It is not correct... they're there in my new save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparky_07 said:

Anybody started a new game using the Winter Update, Mike Phelan and Ole are not at United? Surely this is not correct!

If you take over ManUtd, Phelan is not there, as he (and Ole) are on iterim contracts. Phelan also doesn't want to join you at United. So you'll have to look for another assistant manager.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen some great youth intakes and some of the ones posted look insane for very young ages. Can i ask if anyone has changed their head of development to better the chances gaining those prospects? I've kept butt but i only had 1 decent one that's still u18 based on attributes than the ones I've seen that look like u23 or even first team material. Just got in may in 1st season (awful updates but giving a try for 19.3) cheers guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, BigV said:

I've seen some great youth intakes and some of the ones posted look insane for very young ages. Can i ask if anyone has changed their head of development to better the chances gaining those prospects? I've kept butt but i only had 1 decent one that's still u18 based on attributes than the ones I've seen that look like u23 or even first team material. Just got in may in 1st season (awful updates but giving a try for 19.3) cheers guys

I'm still running with Nicky Butt, and have had at least one gem each batch. I think the HoYD only really has an impact on the personality, position (based on their favourite formation) and possibly playing style? Their quality is mainly dictated by Youth Recruitment and Coaching (and a little bit of luck). Still, I've tried to get as many coaches with high professionalism as possible to try and influence personalities as they come up.

Of mine, Tierney was part of the first intake, Hall and Robinson the second and Phillips the third. Smith and Ross were bought in. There's a fair few 2.5/3 star guys that have come through aswell.

Edited by Spiegel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

I'm still running with Nicky Butt, and have had at least one gem each batch. I think the HoYD only really has an impact on the personality, position (based on their favourite formation) and possibly playing style? Their quality is mainly dictated by Youth Recruitment and Coaching (and a little bit of luck). Still, I've tried to get as many coaches with high professionalism as possible to try and influence personalities as they come up.

Yeah, I've seen it confirmed by SI that this is the case. If you get one of those "freak" newgens that have 5 star potential but spawn at 3 star current ability the youth staff have more of an effect on their personality that normal. Hence Nicky Butt's professionalism rubbed off on the really good guy I had on my save. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Spiegel said:

I'm still running with Nicky Butt, and have had at least one gem each batch. I think the HoYD only really has an impact on the personality, position (based on their favourite formation) and possibly playing style? Their quality is mainly dictated by Youth Recruitment and Coaching (and a little bit of luck). Still, I've tried to get as many coaches with high professionalism as possible to try and influence personalities as they come up.

Of mine, Tierney was part of the first intake, Hall and Robinson the second and Phillips the third. Smith and Ross were bought in. There's a fair few 2.5/3 star guys that have come through aswell.

Ahh fair enough, hopefully I get a freak one next season then 🙃 till then guess i need to make tuanzabe and fosu to cover as back up. Cheers guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright has anyone noticed how hard it is to get rid of dead wood? Sanchez has been awful yet integrated into the squad as a team leader, hes become so stubborn i can't even sell him for 40m, his wage is a killer no doubt they'll want a selling contribution. Same for jones (agreed already), fred and matic. Scouse noobs took milenkovic savic for 100m when i agreed a deal for 75 and his agent was a pr*ck!! Any help regarding selling dead wood would be appreciated and maybe suggestions for another BBM, Deep lying DM thats good and a LW in rotation with martial who has decent mental stats (lozano seems applicable) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigV said:

Alright has anyone noticed how hard it is to get rid of dead wood? Sanchez has been awful yet integrated into the squad as a team leader, hes become so stubborn i can't even sell him for 40m, his wage is a killer no doubt they'll want a selling contribution. Same for jones (agreed already), fred and matic. Scouse noobs took milenkovic savic for 100m when i agreed a deal for 75 and his agent was a pr*ck!! Any help regarding selling dead wood would be appreciated and maybe suggestions for another BBM, Deep lying DM thats good and a LW in rotation with martial who has decent mental stats (lozano seems applicable) 

The best way to sell dead wood is to play them. On last year's FM I experimented with Fellaini as a striker and in the end of the season I was able to shift him for 30M to China, which is probably the most I ever saw him go for.

 

If players aren't exposed to first team football, they cannot be seen/acknowledged. Same with young players I want to loan out, I always give them 15-25 minutes of play in a douzen games and next thing you know, 10 Championship/League One clubs want them and are willing to pay a monthly fee!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How’s everyone finding the new ME changes? Are the strikers preforming better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trent71 said:

The best way to sell dead wood is to play them. On last year's FM I experimented with Fellaini as a striker and in the end of the season I was able to shift him for 30M to China, which is probably the most I ever saw him go for.

 

If players aren't exposed to first team football, they cannot be seen/acknowledged. Same with young players I want to loan out, I always give them 15-25 minutes of play in a douzen games and next thing you know, 10 Championship/League One clubs want them and are willing to pay a monthly fee!

I have, alot infact. Sanchez has played 35 games which he's very happy with and only scored 6 and assisted 5, his value was 75mill and won't even go for 45 (stupid ass wage bill) ... Fred has been my worst CM by a long shot but has played 29 games with subs so give or take 6-8 games and his average is 7.02, his value is about 45 mill which I transfer listed him for 50 then dropped down to 35 and only burnley wanted him for that price with wage contribution till 2023 which I had to accept as no one wanted him. I loaned fellani,rojo and mcsauce and got rid of rojo and mcsauce for a total of 30 mill. Might get rid of lingard as he offers nothing as a winger or IF for me on either wing. Sold jones for 35 mill to milan while valued at 50m, might sell bailly to get skriniar if it's even possible to sell him. It could be because they haven't performed but still how does the value go so high that clubs won't even recognise buying it for more as that's the case nowadays in this market. 

 

2 hours ago, Zeonflux said:

How’s everyone finding the new ME changes? Are the strikers preforming better?

They move a lot better, involve with play alot more and the roles have been slightly improved. In my 4-1-2-3 only lukaku does bits for me as his aerial threat is decent and his hold up play works, rashford not so much as previous updates. However, I tampered with the formation change to 4-2-3-1 and rashford gets a lot more involved and scored 7 goals in 3 games in this tactic from the sudden change of formation as his form was average when I changed it. So you could say its worked for the better but I need to test it a bit more to prove its final and not some form/cup winning morale boost that's made him score more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the valuations in this game are what's crazy. I had a guy (Sean Clare) at Hearts who was worth 12m. What's the most Hearts would ever get for a player? A couple of million if he was some wonderkid? If Utd tried to sell Jones IRL they would never get 20m. Most other fringe players would be lucky to go for 10m.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigV said:

I have, alot infact. Sanchez has played 35 games which he's very happy with and only scored 6 and assisted 5, his value was 75mill and won't even go for 45 (stupid ass wage bill) ... Fred has been my worst CM by a long shot but has played 29 games with subs so give or take 6-8 games and his average is 7.02, his value is about 45 mill which I transfer listed him for 50 then dropped down to 35 and only burnley wanted him for that price with wage contribution till 2023 which I had to accept as no one wanted him. I loaned fellani,rojo and mcsauce and got rid of rojo and mcsauce for a total of 30 mill. Might get rid of lingard as he offers nothing as a winger or IF for me on either wing. Sold jones for 35 mill to milan while valued at 50m, might sell bailly to get skriniar if it's even possible to sell him. It could be because they haven't performed but still how does the value go so high that clubs won't even recognise buying it for more as that's the case nowadays in this market. 

Sounds tough. Sometimes for big player moves, you have to wait for awhile. How long have the players been transferlisted? Were they on the TL while they played or you're looking to sell them after the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum Gribbin - It says on my save he's unavailable from Oct 2018 to June 2019, anyone know why this is the case?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sell Sanchez (75m) after the first season, but selling team wage contribution is 200k for week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Trent71 said:

Sounds tough. Sometimes for big player moves, you have to wait for awhile. How long have the players been transferlisted? Were they on the TL while they played or you're looking to sell them after the season?

About 2 weeks maybe 3 getting to the 1st of july. Look to sell after season, 2 days before EPL window opens to make sure there's interest before hand. 

 

4 minutes ago, Cunego said:

I sell Sanchez (75m) after the first season, but selling team wage contribution is 200k for week.

That's okay in short run I guess but I might just terminate his contract and start from the bottom, already have 60k running PW due to jones and fred for about 3 years average so RIP wage unless I up value players and sell them. 

Edited by BigV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just had a quick boot up of a new United save to see what changes have been made. I can't be bothered comparing everyone - I noticed Lukaku's had his First Touch downgraded to 10 (seems harsh) and Sanchez had his Dribbling knocked down to 15. Is anyone aware of any more significant changes that I'd need to reflect in the OP? (I'm thinking of just adding an extra spoiler with any changes made in this update, rather than re-doing everyone)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

I've just had a quick boot up of a new United save to see what changes have been made. I can't be bothered comparing everyone - I noticed Lukaku's had his First Touch downgraded to 10 (seems harsh) and Sanchez had his Dribbling knocked down to 15. Is anyone aware of any more significant changes that I'd need to reflect in the OP? (I'm thinking of just adding an extra spoiler with any changes made in this update, rather than re-doing everyone)

In terms of ME- striker movement, fluid passing with some static movement, crossing getting past defenders now, realistic ways of scoring in variety than before example rebounds, off post etc. Passing seems decent now. 

Not rebooted the database but 10 seems realistic or at least closer to reality however I have noticed changes to some players without the game changing them but the database doing so with players of popularity such as mbappe. 

What are you referring to in terms of "OP"? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I've just had a quick boot up of a new United save to see what changes have been made. I can't be bothered comparing everyone - I noticed Lukaku's had his First Touch downgraded to 10 (seems harsh) and Sanchez had his Dribbling knocked down to 15. Is anyone aware of any more significant changes that I'd need to reflect in the OP? (I'm thinking of just adding an extra spoiler with any changes made in this update, rather than re-doing everyone)

I've not gone through each player attribute-wise nor am I sure any of this is significant enough to warrant a mention on your OP but..

Bailly & Lindelof's CAs have gone in different directions at exactly the same rate. Arguably Bailly is still over-rated though. Lindelof has a little breathing space now as the justified #1 CB. It's still very tight though amongst the rest.

Rashford & Dalot got a decent rise. 

Valencia, Fosu-Mensah & McTominay a decent drop.

Biggest mover in terms of CA is Sanchez getting a significant drop - I went even further on my personal db tbh. 

That's about it. Mata is still probably too highly rated IMO whilst I'm glad the majority of the Utd fanbase aren't in control of Lukaku's rating :D just a small drop there, same with Fred.

 

Not bad tbf. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BigV said:

but I might just terminate his contract and start from the bottom

I highly doubt they will let you terminate his contract due to the pay off.

20 hours ago, BigV said:

Fred has been my worst CM by a long shot but has played 29 games with subs so give or take 6-8 games and his average is 7.02, his value is about 45 mill which I transfer listed him for 50 then dropped down to 35 and only burnley wanted him for that price with wage contribution till 2023 which I had to accept as no one wanted him.

I never transfer list a player for a value, always leave it unspecified, as I think it makes it easier as more clubs will then bid and you can then negotiate, putting a value in I think will limit what clubs will even think about bidding.

i managed to sell Fred for 45 mil to palace fairly easily, leaving his value as unspecified.

Sanchez is a pain to sell because of his wages, think just have to suck it up and accept paying some of it, I had to pay 150k of his wages to sell him for 45mil, still gets 200k off the wage bill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sedge11 said:

I highly doubt they will let you terminate his contract due to the pay off.

I never transfer list a player for a value, always leave it unspecified, as I think it makes it easier as more clubs will then bid and you can then negotiate, putting a value in I think will limit what clubs will even think about bidding.

i managed to sell Fred for 45 mil to palace fairly easily, leaving his value as unspecified.

Sanchez is a pain to sell because of his wages, think just have to suck it up and accept paying some of it, I had to pay 150k of his wages to sell him for 45mil, still gets 200k off the wage bill.

Damn, I have done that in previous versions and its never worked well as offers go so under value, i might try it when i go on later, cheers for the advice tho 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BigV said:

In terms of ME- striker movement, fluid passing with some static movement, crossing getting past defenders now, realistic ways of scoring in variety than before example rebounds, off post etc. Passing seems decent now. 

Not rebooted the database but 10 seems realistic or at least closer to reality however I have noticed changes to some players without the game changing them but the database doing so with players of popularity such as mbappe. 

What are you referring to in terms of "OP"? 

“OP” = Original Post / Opening Post. 

4 hours ago, Had_Enough said:

I've not gone through each player attribute-wise nor am I sure any of this is significant enough to warrant a mention on your OP but..

Bailly & Lindelof's CAs have gone in different directions at exactly the same rate. Arguably Bailly is still over-rated though. Lindelof has a little breathing space now as the justified #1 CB. It's still very tight though amongst the rest.

Rashford & Dalot got a decent rise. 

Valencia, Fosu-Mensah & McTominay a decent drop.

Biggest mover in terms of CA is Sanchez getting a significant drop - I went even further on my personal db tbh. 

That's about it. Mata is still probably too highly rated IMO whilst I'm glad the majority of the Utd fanbase aren't in control of Lukaku's rating :D just a small drop there, same with Fred.

 

Not bad tbf. 

Ok I might have a look at it again then. Weirdly I didn’t notice any real change in Sánchez except the Dribbling, might have look closer. 

Surprised Bailly got a drop - he seems like an African Phil Jones, always injured but when he plays can be anything from a world beater to an absolute calamity. Jones has been rated quite well for years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, easternhawk2 said:

Callum Gribbin - It says on my save he's unavailable from Oct 2018 to June 2019, anyone know why this is the case?

he's currently on a break from football and won't play for the club again. I don't know the exact ins and outs of what's gone on behind the scenes but he hasn't physically been at the club since October although he's still registered until his contract runs out at the end of the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

“OP” = Original Post / Opening Post. 

Ok I might have a look at it again then. Weirdly I didn’t notice any real change in Sánchez except the Dribbling, might have look closer. 

Surprised Bailly got a drop - he seems like an African Phil Jones, always injured but when he plays can be anything from a world beater to an absolute calamity. Jones has been rated quite well for years. 

I'd have to cross reference Sanchez before and after to see exactly what the CA drop has effected. I'm pretty sure quickness has been though, as it should, whilst some other physicals taking a hit wouldn't surprise me either. He deserves it tbh.

This may or may not be news to you or anyone but a little info I learnt re. CA, that might be useful to someone...

Spoiler

Physicals impact CA considerably more than other attributes. So if someone is taking a hit there it could be the predominant factor in a decrease of CA. So you might not need to see much change elsewhere.

For example a drop of one in acceleration will translate into a loss of more CA points than a drop of one in finishing. 

I might as well mention the scale of Sanchez's CA drop...

Spoiler

165 -> 157 FYI

 

Bailly's was inevitable with his form, he's been over-rated for a while IMO. His rating is much closer to Jones' though so it's actually more in line with your comparison now. 

Edited by Had_Enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Had_Enough said:

I'd have to cross reference Sanchez before and after to see exactly what the CA drop has effected. I'm pretty sure quickness has been though, as it should, whilst some other physicals taking a hit wouldn't surprise me either. He deserves it tbh.

This may or may not be news to you or anyone but a little info I learnt re. CA, that might be useful to someone...

  Reveal hidden contents

Physicals impact CA considerably more than other attributes. So if someone is taking a hit there it could be the predominant factor in a decrease of CA. So you might not need to see much change elsewhere.

For example a drop of one in acceleration will translate into a loss of more CA points than a drop of one in finishing. 

I might as well mention the scale of Sanchez's CA drop...

  Reveal hidden contents

165 -> 157 FYI

 

Bailly's was inevitable with his form, he's been over-rated for a while IMO. His rating is much closer to Jones' though so it's actually more in line with your comparison now. 

Thanks for putting it in spoilers - it doesn't mean that much to me tbh, but I don't want it spoiled for everyone else.

Ah right, yeah I'll definitely boot up a quick start save and have a flick through at some point this week and add it to the OP. I didn't realise Bailly had played as many games as he had until I consulted Wikipedia, I can't recall noticing him. Maybe Ole's powers will bring him back up to his FM17/18 level, but if not yeah I can't really argue with the changes that have been mentioned, except perhaps that if Shaw doesn't have room for improvement in game now, he perhaps does in real life (but he's not going to suddenly not be completely one-footed now, its definitely right that it seems impossible to train that out of him).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Thanks for putting it in spoilers - it doesn't mean that much to me tbh, but I don't want it spoiled for everyone else.

Ah right, yeah I'll definitely boot up a quick start save and have a flick through at some point this week and add it to the OP. I didn't realise Bailly had played as many games as he had until I consulted Wikipedia, I can't recall noticing him. Maybe Ole's powers will bring him back up to his FM17/18 level, but if not yeah I can't really argue with the changes that have been mentioned, except perhaps that if Shaw doesn't have room for improvement in game now, he perhaps does in real life (but he's not going to suddenly not be completely one-footed now, its definitely right that it seems impossible to train that out of him).

I've had debates about Shaw before. IMO he's done ok. I personally think there's plenty of room for improvement but I get the support. He's a young Englishman, had problems with injury and managers, everyone is rooting for him. Does that mean sometimes people go over the top? For me yes but that also works for the negative feedback too. 

But I agree, I actually amended his PA on my personal db. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Had_Enough said:

I've had debates about Shaw before. IMO he's done ok. I personally think there's plenty of room for improvement but I get the support. He's a young Englishman, had problems with injury and managers, everyone is rooting for him. Does that mean sometimes people go over the top? For me yes but that also works for the negative feedback too. 

But I agree, I actually amended his PA on my personal db. 

I've found its about 50/50 between people who see a young Englishman who's managed to not have his spirit broken by two disciplinarian coaches whose methods clearly don't work as well in the modern game, and had terrible injury luck on one hand, and other people who see a guy who's overhyped purely because he's a Manchester United player. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lukaku's clearly unhappy being downgraded, three consecutive braces...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just start season 5 with bringing Donnarumma for "only" 53mil£ and thinking of selling DDG if someone (PSG obviously ) give me 100mil£. My philosophy is that nobody worth that kind of money especially after few season when you got so many good regens. Predrag Rajkovic is my "second choice" and I give him a lot of chances in season 4 - 22 games in all comp. grabbing 10 CS.

Honestly, can't remember last time when I bring only 2 new players in transfer window?!

Main target is to get rid of older players (only DDG 31) and to build squad around academy and youngster player. Also Lukaku is targeting by Real (Lincoln, Piatek, Joveljic, Greenwood are backup for Rashy) and Fred and Paredes are the players that I want to find their way out (Fred is nowhere near reagular and Paredes was failed experiment - have Tonali, Puigmal, Houar to cover MC position).

Manchester United_  Transfer History.jpg

Milan Miljković_  Inbox-14.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooooooooooooooooooo, I'm sure everyone has heard what happened Wednesday night. I am still BUZZING from it!

So quick question...has anyone here done what happened, lost the first leg at home by two goals or more then gone on to win the tie in the 2nd leg?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Sooooooooooooooooooo, I'm sure everyone has heard what happened Wednesday night. I am still BUZZING from it!

So quick question...has anyone here done what happened, lost the first leg at home by two goals or more then gone on to win the tie in the 2nd leg?

I still can't believe it lol, been singing Ole songs all day every day since the night and annoyed everyone in the house lol. I have but it was more of a mourinho type play, parked the bus and literally had rashford score a 25 yarder against barca 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pogba has been absolute fire for me this season! Playing him in a midfield three as a CM-A has brought out the best of him at the ripe old age of 31, cannot believe I have wasted him as a deep-lying playmaker for all these years, what a waste!

20190311200639_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vizzini said:

Pogba has been absolute fire for me this season! Playing him in a midfield three as a CM-A has brought out the best of him at the ripe old age of 31, cannot believe I have wasted him as a deep-lying playmaker for all these years, what a waste!

20190311200639_1.jpg

He's the best as a deep-lying in terms of dictating games and keeping it tight but his attributes would suggest a goal scorer/creater so it depends on how you would use him in a formation. I use him as a AP-A and he "hogs" the ball higher up so things can happen in the final third but rarely gets assists, more or less just scores. The roles are quite heavy and some don't do as you'd expect them too but the attacking roles are OP as to supporting roles in terms of what they offer. Try him as a mezzala-A with a winger as a lot of people think he's crazy in that role as he's OP.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigV said:

He's the best as a deep-lying in terms of dictating games and keeping it tight but his attributes would suggest a goal scorer/creater so it depends on how you would use him in a formation. I use him as a AP-A and he "hogs" the ball higher up so things can happen in the final third but rarely gets assists, more or less just scores. The roles are quite heavy and some don't do as you'd expect them too but the attacking roles are OP as to supporting roles in terms of what they offer. Try him as a mezzala-A with a winger as a lot of people think he's crazy in that role as he's OP.  

Yeah I have Pogba as a BBM in a 2-man central mid pairing, either accompanied by two wide mids or behind three attacking mids. You just can't give him space outside the box or he will punish you. Most of his goals for me are long-rangers or free kicks, and he is more often than not in the top 2 of my top goalscorers over a season, and voted World Player of the Year last year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Started a new game with the Winter Update and just finished my first season. You can really see that Lukaku and Alexis have been downgraded. Lukaku only managed 6 goals in the Premier League (17 in all competitions) so I feel like I need to sell him. I'm being quoted absurd prices for replacements though, so don't know if this is feasible. 

In the end, we finished third (level on points with Liverpool) after battling it out with City for most of the season (1-2 points between us for most of the season). In the end, we really came up short. However, we did win the Champions League by beating Spurs in the finals!

Now onto rebuilding for the 2nd season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Yeah I have Pogba as a BBM in a 2-man central mid pairing, either accompanied by two wide mids or behind three attacking mids. You just can't give him space outside the box or he will punish you. Most of his goals for me are long-rangers or free kicks, and he is more often than not in the top 2 of my top goalscorers over a season, and voted World Player of the Year last year

I use him in a 4-3-3 but honestly I might have to try going back to basics with 4-2-3-1 but then that means I have too many CM's. As good as his passing and vision is, he's been quoted a physical player which he is but that might effect the roles he plays for (might need to ask SI about this). Yeah his long shots are lethal, with the long shot bug he was scoring 25 yarders for fun and literally made his value go to 85 mill from 70. Do you use him as your direct free kick taker over the likes of mata, pierera, sanchez etc? I have a feeling he'd score more because his finishing and long shots would work better than the likes of peirera or anyone originally had at the start of the game. 

3 hours ago, blue heron said:

Started a new game with the Winter Update and just finished my first season. You can really see that Lukaku and Alexis have been downgraded. Lukaku only managed 6 goals in the Premier League (17 in all competitions) so I feel like I need to sell him. I'm being quoted absurd prices for replacements though, so don't know if this is feasible. 

In the end, we finished third (level on points with Liverpool) after battling it out with City for most of the season (1-2 points between us for most of the season). In the end, we really came up short. However, we did win the Champions League by beating Spurs in the finals!

Now onto rebuilding for the 2nd season!

Sanchez for me has been downgraded alot in terms of form and ability before the patch even came through, couldn't get him to work at all 35 games and only 6 goals and 5 assists as an IF, winger and even as CAM/Striker. Lukaku's stats has dropped slightly but it seems they've added a more realistic approach to him with his touches. However, he's still my best striker that's scored 35 goals in 33 games and has been knocking on madrid's door for some time. They offered 88 mill and I asked for 150 and they came back with 100 which I rejected as there were hardly any strikers worth getting similar and complete forward styled. Patrik schick was the closest but lost out to him as funds were low and arsenal got him for 45 mill when I offered 60 :seagull: . Has anyone noticed that AF-A strikers don't do what they been asked to? they always pass less and hardly try getting on the ball even when "they're the spearheads of attacks"?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BigV said:

I use him in a 4-3-3 but honestly I might have to try going back to basics with 4-2-3-1 but then that means I have too many CM's. As good as his passing and vision is, he's been quoted a physical player which he is but that might effect the roles he plays for (might need to ask SI about this). Yeah his long shots are lethal, with the long shot bug he was scoring 25 yarders for fun and literally made his value go to 85 mill from 70. Do you use him as your direct free kick taker over the likes of mata, pierera, sanchez etc? I have a feeling he'd score more because his finishing and long shots would work better than the likes of peirera or anyone originally had at the start of the game. 

Sanchez for me has been downgraded alot in terms of form and ability before the patch even came through, couldn't get him to work at all 35 games and only 6 goals and 5 assists as an IF, winger and even as CAM/Striker. Lukaku's stats has dropped slightly but it seems they've added a more realistic approach to him with his touches. However, he's still my best striker that's scored 35 goals in 33 games and has been knocking on madrid's door for some time. They offered 88 mill and I asked for 150 and they came back with 100 which I rejected as there were hardly any strikers worth getting similar and complete forward styled. Patrik schick was the closest but lost out to him as funds were low and arsenal got him for 45 mill when I offered 60 :seagull: . Has anyone noticed that AF-A strikers don't do what they been asked to? they always pass less and hardly try getting on the ball even when "they're the spearheads of attacks"?? 

To my knowledge, Free Kicks and Corners are effectively stand-alone attributes in that Finishing, Long Shots, Crossing, Passing (the technical ones that might seem like they should compliment them) apparently don't have an effect. I think mentals can affect them, at least on indirect free kicks or corners in terms of hitting it where someone's going to run onto it. If you have evidence to contradict any of this, feel free to share it though.

AF is meant to run off the shoulder of the defender into the channels. It has dribble more selected, I believe hence it won't pass much. But as you're a big team there often won't be any space to move into. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zlatanera said:

To my knowledge, Free Kicks and Corners are effectively stand-alone attributes in that Finishing, Long Shots, Crossing, Passing (the technical ones that might seem like they should compliment them) apparently don't have an effect. I think mentals can affect them, at least on indirect free kicks or corners in terms of hitting it where someone's going to run onto it. If you have evidence to contradict any of this, feel free to share it though.

AF is meant to run off the shoulder of the defender into the channels. It has dribble more selected, I believe hence it won't pass much. But as you're a big team there often won't be any space to move into. 

Oh really that's odd, i'd expect it would. Although i've had peirera on free kicks and scored once and i put pogba on it in jan as I found peirera always curled it wide, anyway pogba was much better scored about 6 till the season ended. Not sure if thats ability but certainly stronger mental stats so it's a huge possibility. Mata didn't really do great as he barely scored or assisted from set pieces so I clocked him off it about 7 games into the season. 

Interesting, i'll give that ago and see how he works with it. Does that also effect other roles in the striker positions cause i've noticed complete forward whom I use lukaku with does more passes and dribbles but im guessing thats to do with the role differ. Same would go for IF's right in terms of circumstances?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BigV said:

Oh really that's odd, i'd expect it would. Although i've had peirera on free kicks and scored once and i put pogba on it in jan as I found peirera always curled it wide, anyway pogba was much better scored about 6 till the season ended. Not sure if thats ability but certainly stronger mental stats so it's a huge possibility. Mata didn't really do great as he barely scored or assisted from set pieces so I clocked him off it about 7 games into the season. 

Interesting, i'll give that ago and see how he works with it. Does that also effect other roles in the striker positions cause i've noticed complete forward whom I use lukaku with does more passes and dribbles but im guessing thats to do with the role differ. Same would go for IF's right in terms of circumstances?

Yeah I think I saw someone from SI somewhere say that the other technicals don't affect it. 

I was wrong, AF only has Get Further Forward and Move Into Channels. CF-Su has Take More Risks (Passing) and Dribble More (hence the dribbles) as well as Roam and MIC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zlatanera said:

Yeah I think I saw someone from SI somewhere say that the other technicals don't affect it. 

I was wrong, AF only has Get Further Forward and Move Into Channels. CF-Su has Take More Risks (Passing) and Dribble More (hence the dribbles) as well as Roam and MIC. 

Helpful thanks.

Oh lol, yeah for some reason still my AF is very ishy in rashford although he scores alot without being involved in play much. Almost like a poacher in the sense but drops deep a little to support. Barely used that role in previous versions as complete forward did me using rashford and likes of RVP, lukaku, rooney and even likes of martial and sanchez via database updates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Finished my first season in FM 19, and it was quite and odd one. Won the league by three points down to City, which got Guardiola sacked. Hired Klopp instead and saw Guardiola pack his bags to go and manage Liverpool. Pochettino was fired midseason and replaced by Rafa Benitez. Only managed to get them to seventh in the league.

I also won Champions League with a 3-2 win over Barcelona. Rashford with a brace and Pereira with the third. The scored their two goals in stoppage time in the second half.

Andreas Pereira was the Manchester United fans player of the year. He was absolutely fantastic in the wide playmaker role from right midfield. Assists, balls over the defense and stunning free kicks. Naturally, he became undroppable with 18 goals and 15 assists.

Pogba finished top the table in scoring in the league with a rather underwhelming 18 goals. Martial second with 16. Not a very good year for strikers. I did see Salah and Kane miss quite a lot of playing time.

Formation: 4411:

GK: De Gea

DL: Shaw

DCL: Lindelof

DCR: De Ligt

DR: Mbabu

ML: Martial

MCL: Herrera

MCR: Matic

MR: Pereira

AMC: Pogba

ST: Lukaku/Rashford

Lingard started the year at MR or RW, and did quite well, scoring 12 goals in the first half of the season. Was then injured for two months and replaced by Andreas Pereira. A blessing in disguise perhaps, cause after that Lukaku and Rashford began to score a whole lot more.

De Ligt and Mbabu were the only players brought in. I sold Mata, Darmian and Rojo in the January transfer window.

Started pre-season and brought in Sancho for 40m, Rodri for 28m, and Tierney for 29m. Rabiot joined for free. Hoping to see Fred and Young leave in the near future. Valencia was released when his contract ended.

The annoying part is now that De Gea and Pogba want to join PSG despite all of their succes. I even knocked them out of the Champions League. Has anyone been able to fend off PSG? Luckily I managed to extend De Gea's contract during the season, so I might win the battle with him. More concerned with Pogba. He's been awesome for me and has a unique skill set. So far I've rejected all bids from PSG and denied him a transfer list request. Should I let him leave and who do I bring in instead?

 

Edited by Rasmus
Added some nice videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BigV yeah I was always using CF-Su and DLF-Su, even F9 until my United save last year where Lukaku was immense as TM-At. AF-At with DLF-Su is still a wicked combo, although I don't like that they stuck Move Into Channels onto DLF. 

@Rasmus Have you tried the standard "you're too influential to leave" convo with them? De Gea's a Model Citizen so should be easy to work around, and that worked on both of them for me. Although I did win the League-CL double first season which probably helped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...