[FM19] Manchester United

zlatanera

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, ShadowEdSide said:

Didn't want to sell De Gea, but PSG came in for him...I rejected of course but then he wanted to leave and I couldn't persuade him to stay. In hindsight I should have renewed his contract at the start but I guess I was just complacent because I'd kept hold of him in my other FM United saves

Thank you for all the advice

If you tell them you don't want them to leave because you see them as a team leader, that normally does the trick.

12 hours ago, axehan1 said:

If you tell them you don't want them to leave because you see them as a team leader, that normally does the trick.

I wish I had done that but oh well, it is what it is...I'm taking it as a challenge, can I be successful without De Gea? The answer at the moment is yes I can, we're top of the league going into the last 10 games or so and all our harder games are out of the way, and my defence is rock solid...De Ligt is an absolute monster at the heart of the defense and I'm rotating Parvard and Umtiti alongside him, Lindelof has been forced out a little bit but is adequate cover both in the centre and the right, and Pickford does a good job when called upon between the sticks

Also is Iago Aspas somewhat of a free kick machine or what? All his goals for me so far this season have been free kicks and he just doesn't seem to miss them!

Edited by ShadowEdSide

2 hours ago, the SLC said:

I was leaving my DOF deal with all transfers as I was intrigued as to what would happen. .I never thought he would sell my main man though.

Did your DoF at least get a good price?

35 minutes ago, ShadowEdSide said:

20190123173353_1.thumb.jpg.dc3ef5414d240571d78ea33f13b90a47.jpg

Okay now I'm really excited for season 3...I've never had a budget that size before, need to try and not go crazy!

Be careful not to bust your bank. Personally stopped playing 19 but im glad you can go haywire now. let us know who you buy and sell 

26 minutes ago, BigV said:

Be careful not to bust your bank. Personally stopped playing 19 but im glad you can go haywire now. let us know who you buy and sell 

Yeah not gonna go too crazy, right now I'm not really in the need to buy anybody so will see what happens during the transfer window

So after getting most of the way through the 3rd season on my United save I’ve hit a bit of a wall where I kinda want to carry on purely to see how my regen Ben Beechley (screenshot found earlier in the thread) grows but unfortunately it’s not enough to make me continue our right as I feel that I’ve brought in too many players to give him a proper run at the team.

so instead I’m going to start a new save but I’m going to add Ben to the database as he appears in the screenshot. As part of this new save I will be relying only on players from my youth team and youth intakes so I will be making no transfers into the club except staff.

This way I can use the youth players properly and enjoy the save better

54 minutes ago, Zeonflux said:

So after getting most of the way through the 3rd season on my United save I’ve hit a bit of a wall where I kinda want to carry on purely to see how my regen Ben Beechley (screenshot found earlier in the thread) grows but unfortunately it’s not enough to make me continue our right as I feel that I’ve brought in too many players to give him a proper run at the team.

so instead I’m going to start a new save but I’m going to add Ben to the database as he appears in the screenshot. As part of this new save I will be relying only on players from my youth team and youth intakes so I will be making no transfers into the club except staff.

I'm more or less doing the same. I've allowed myself one U16 British player per window providing they cost under £2mill though.

Makes you think totally differently about players in the squad and transitioning them out of/youth players into the first team squad.

1 hour ago, Zeonflux said:

Be a good challenge and fun save, Man utd do have some great youngsters that can become great if put the effort in, which I don't see many people doing, they tend to ignore a lot of the real youth.

I'm not quite doing the same as I have brought players, but I've not gone mad, which I know is tempting for people especially with the amount of money you get. I am making sure I bring plenty of youth through, keeping the man utd traditions up.

So far I'm in the 3rd season and have Henderson, Laird, Tuanzebe, Garner and Chong in the 1st team, with Gomes and Greenwood spending 1 more season out on loan before being a apart of the 1st team, plus I've got 2/3 decent regens that came through my 2nd youth intake which I think I can develop.

So been a little while since updated.

Season 2 finished and we brought the league title back home. Liverpool won it in the 1st season so it was very important we won it.

240620434_season2.thumb.png.088fc0559ecc97cfa7362314a76d5b74.png

It was a great season but that was our only trophy. In the champs league we lost in the quarters to Juve who won it. Fa cup & carabao cup we went out early in both, they were won by Man city and spurs respectively.

Here was our season 2 stats.

1579539474_season2stats.thumb.png.8c5ba2a56698a1caad233263c2bb77fe.png

Rashford had a great season and steps up, in now being 1st choice striker. We got 6 players in double figures for goals. Leon Bailey was excellent, along with Pogba and Lingard. Chong also had a brilliant breakthrough season.

So onwards to season 3. Here was the transfers.

391113846_season3transfers.thumb.png.af20ef2c68561cbfb961e212b4f514ae.png

Quite a simple summer, with 2 in and 2 out. With Belotti and Militao replacing Matic and Lukaku. Also Young retired and Jones left on a free. As stated on a previous post, I had a deal for Coutinho agreed but cancelled it, didn't want to pay him the wages.

So this is how we line up for season 3.

106601894_sseason3best11.thumb.png.acbdc48b48f782461fb433aeb43975a6.png

Militao is a centre half but he has great attributes for the dm role and that will be his position for the season. Rashford is my no1 striker and some of the youth in Chong, Laird and Garner will step up their involvement and be getting more and more games.

We have had a great start and in December we sit 4 points clear at the top of the table, are in the semi final of the carabao cup and got Porto in the 1st knockout round of the champs league.

In regard to youth players, I'm rocking the following in my first team (Season 3); 

• Henderson - Very solid backup GK when he comes back from loan)
  • O'Connor - Rotation player across the back four, essentially my John O'Shea. 
  • Tuanzebe - Third choice CB behind Lindelof and Bailly. Rock solid, and has great PPMs. 
  • Fosu-Mensah - Good cover, typically used to bully wingers at RB, or add some height in midfield.
  • Chong - 15 goals a season from RW
  • Gomes - Usurped Lingard as my starting 10. Picks the ball up in pockets of space, drags defenders about then plays killer balls behind them. Great.

Mengi, Laird, Garner and Greenwood will likely be in the squad next season following loan spells, with Bejger and Elanga looking like they could come up aswell.

I'm hoping something comes of Gribbin aswell, but his mentals don't match his very good technicals and physicals...

Edited by Spiegel

22 minutes ago, Spiegel said:

I'm hoping something comes of Gribbin aswell, but his mentals don't match his very good technicals and physicals...

I have the same feelings with Gribbin, his mentals are pretty bad and he seems quite injury prone as well, which is a shame due to his technicals being so good.

2 minutes ago, sedge11 said:

I have the same feelings with Gribbin, his mentals are pretty bad and he seems quite injury prone as well, which is a shame due to his technicals being so good.

If he was a few years younger, I'd have no issue with it, but he's 21 on my game now. Been decent for Portsmouth and Burton in the Championship on loans, but I think that's his level. :(

20190123222205_1.thumb.jpg.f0ffe33db8aa2c55665048e2f757f6c9.jpg20190123222128_1.thumb.jpg.83486e10cca00ed97d51cdd52755f9e6.jpg

A great end to the season, both a century in points and goals scored...Angel Gomes has really come alive in the latter half of the season and looks ready to start challenging in the first team next season...which sadly means Iago Aspas might have to leave as I can't see him getting into the team anywhere now, especially with Chong due back from his loan spell and Greenwood starting to develop nicely

Next up, final game of the season, FA Cup final against Arsenal! Sadly we got knocked out of the Champions League in the last 16 on away goals against Monaco but oh well, can't have them all

Edited by ShadowEdSide

Well I’m looking at this for the squad for the first season then add regens as they come into the club.

Gk - De Gea/Romero (Henderson when he returns and then sell Romero)

RB - Dalot/Herrera (Great stars for the position)/Laird

CB - Bailly, Lindelöf/Smalling, Jones with Tuanzabe, Bejger, O’Conner

LB - Shaw and I’m not sure yet

CM - Pogba, Matic / Fred, Periera with Garner, Puigmal and maybe Traoue

AMR - Lingard / Gomes

AML - Martial / Chong

ST - Lukaku, Rashford / Beechey, Greenwood, Birkart

Hi guys, new to the community.

I am having some trouble with paul pogba, wondering if you could give me a hand. It's first season coming december, playing 4-2-3-1 and really don't know what role to play him, i have switched his roles, from mezzala, to BBM, to Advanced Playmaker and i am not getting anything special out of him. 

Little to no assists, a few goals here and there, and a rating of 7.10 or something less. I am going to buy milinkovic savic in the winter transfer window, he handed in a transfer request. He goes BBM, so where does that fit in for Agent P ?? I was thinking of putting him behind the striker, but that's alexis or mata on Shadow Striker. Don't know if i can get the best Paul there.

Any tips??

Thanks a lot

1 hour ago, alvicrespo said:

I am having some trouble with paul pogba, wondering if you could give me a hand. It's first season coming december, playing 4-2-3-1 and really don't know what role to play him, i have switched his roles, from mezzala, to BBM, to Advanced Playmaker and i am not getting anything special out of him. 

Little to no assists, a few goals here and there, and a rating of 7.10 or something less. I am going to buy milinkovic savic in the winter transfer window, he handed in a transfer request. He goes BBM, so where does that fit in for Agent P ?? I was thinking of putting him behind the striker, but that's alexis or mata on Shadow Striker. Don't know if i can get the best Paul there.

Any tips??

Thanks a lot

I have played Pogba at no10 in my 2nd season, trained him up to play as an attacking mid in that position and was great got plenty of goals, not as many assists as I would like but performed well.

I have now gone back to a 4-1-2-3 for the 3rd season and play him as a mezzala on attack. Think from memory he has 7 goals and 5 assists from 15 games in the league so far. 

20190124173710_1.thumb.jpg.a8d18ed13a713ef48e1c0cde771c3257.jpg

Oh Arsenal, did you forget this was an FA Cup final? You didn't show up to the party!

End of season by the numbers: Average Rating, Goals Scored

20190124173829_1.thumb.jpg.d800c4fb1bf143ce0fe578a3ff0b99c8.jpg20190124173847_1.thumb.jpg.4a7eb72295c8eb6b94beb815d1519b76.jpg

Pavard and De Ligt with best overalls, and Lukaku won Premier League Golden Boot. Look at Pogba chipping in with 23 goals!

Onto the summer now, let's see what surprises hold in store before season 3 :) 

8 hours ago, alvicrespo said:

Any tips?? 

Thanks a lot

Pogba has scored 7 goals and gotten 2 assists in my game, with 3 pens in there mind you. That is as of the 8th Nov in the first season so I am expecting him to double both to be honest.  I normally play him as a Mezzala on Attack in a 4-1-2-2-1 Wide formation, on the left side. One game against Barca he was in and around the D of the 18 yard box and I thought he was going to feed the fullback in when.... boom. Top corner, passed in. He is great at getting into and around the box. I have also used him as a No 10 when I play a 4-2-3-1, or as a Segundo Volante on Attack in the same formation as he starts from deep then charges forward. Though I pair him with a BWM when I do that is it's a very attacking role.

Alrighty then, Season 3 is upon us with the Community Shield game against Liverpool imminent, and the transfer window has certainly been a lively one all around!

For us personally, I got what I wanted out of it. Aspas wanted to go back to Spain, so thankfully that worked out. Fred went in a part exchange deal to Spurs, and I'm just wrapping up the sale of Herrera so all my outgoings are finalised, and all the prospects I wanted to go out on loan have gone out on loan. In terms of incomings, aside from a few youngsters, my two major signings for roughly £75 million each were Dele Alli (to play as Number 10 behind Lukaku/Rashford) and Saul (to partner Pogba in central midfield). In terms of positioning, my team now has the following:

Gk - Pickford, Henderson, J. Pereira

DR - Dalot, Mallo, Fosu-Mensah

DC - De Ligt, Pavard, Umtiti, Lindelof

DL - Tiernay, Shaw

MC - Pogba, Saul, A. Pereira, Tonali, McTominay

ML - Gomes, Martial, Sanchez

MR - Martins, Bergwijn

AMC - Alli, Mata, Chong

ST - Lukaku, Rashford, Greenwood (Young prospect: Lorenzo Mingioni, 17-year old regen with 5-star potential and great stats for his age)

20190124213747_1.thumb.jpg.0d0d4c2d0a5935a580a7b44552615835.jpg

As for some of the wheelings and dealings going during the market for the Premier League, here are the notable ones!

20190124214058_1.thumb.jpg.6c97c145c6398e32d478179ec5784748.jpg

And the managerial lookout going into the season 3

20190124213908_1.thumb.jpg.88e1252971e10033d55d5031c2ea272e.jpg

On 23/01/2019 at 21:03, sedge11 said:

1579539474_season2stats.thumb.png.8c5ba2a56698a1caad233263c2bb77fe.png

Whatever you did to chong was beautiful and so amazing that it literally made him look like a star. How did you get leon bailey so good at winger position when he's left footed? also how do you use bailey in the sense of dribbler/crosser? As a support im guessing he crosses from deep quite often rather than hitting the byline, but also with such a poor crossing attribute how often does he dribble? looking at your stats he's probably one of top rankings for dribbles but in the sense of how does he do it when you watch the games? Intrigued of how you've done this. 

15 minutes ago, BigV said:

Whatever you did to chong was beautiful and so amazing that it literally made him look like a star. How did you get leon bailey so good at winger position when he's left footed? also how do you use bailey in the sense of dribbler/crosser? As a support im guessing he crosses from deep quite often rather than hitting the byline, but also with such a poor crossing attribute how often does he dribble? looking at your stats he's probably one of top rankings for dribbles but in the sense of how does he do it when you watch the games? Intrigued of how you've done this. 

Bailey has a great crossing attribute of 15 not sure what it started at though, he doesn't generally cross from deep, he usually gets to the edge of the box before crossing. In terms of dribbling, he does love a mazy run, can quite often get the ball just inside the oppositions half and dribble towards the area, then cuts inside before crossing or taking a shot. He really is brilliant, and his attributes increase and rise all the time.

Regarding playing right wing, when he's left footed, a lot of wingers are like that though playing the opposite side.

To be fair I've been going on about Chong a lot this year, have said a few times that on my beta save with pompey, the AI man utd developed chong into an incredible player, so I intend to do my best to do the same, his attributes have risen quite nicely.

Beat Liverpool 3-2 in the Champions League final :D. Heading into pre season in 2020 with a £300mil budget. I was chasing Arnie Maier in January but they wouldn’t budge from his release clause which is just over £80mil iirc. Luckily Hertha were relegated so I’ve beat off PSG to sign him for his new release clause which was around £42mil. 

He he looks like he could become a special player, has anybody else had experience with him? 

4 hours ago, 2E_2006 said:

He he looks like he could become a special player, has anybody else had experience with him? 

Yeah I did, he wasn't better than Tonali though (imo) so I sold him, and did not buy him in a subsequent save. 

19 hours ago, sedge11 said:

Bailey has a great crossing attribute of 15 not sure what it started at though, he doesn't generally cross from deep, he usually gets to the edge of the box before crossing. In terms of dribbling, he does love a mazy run, can quite often get the ball just inside the oppositions half and dribble towards the area, then cuts inside before crossing or taking a shot. He really is brilliant, and his attributes increase and rise all the time.

Regarding playing right wing, when he's left footed, a lot of wingers are like that though playing the opposite side.

To be fair I've been going on about Chong a lot this year, have said a few times that on my beta save with pompey, the AI man utd developed chong into an incredible player, so I intend to do my best to do the same, his attributes have risen quite nicely.

You see I tend to never use winger roles since the change of FM16, I feel like they differ so often that theirs barely any consistency for example having a dribbling winger like zaha, sane, pulisic etc compared to the typical old style like beckham, chiesa, etc. Reason why I tend to stick with inside forwards which is why I woulda thought bailey on right would be an IF rather than winger unless moved to the left side. Tried using the likes of sanchez, lingard as wingers but they are so heavily poised at staying wide barely passing or attempting to dribble when there's like 4 men and then getting hit on the counter. Also how often do your winger/wingers cross? I mean for wingers you expect them to cross a lot more but in the sense of technical dribblers with poor crosses I still feel they tend to act like "beckham's" rather than be their own thing to either the byline and mix it up like how sane and willian do so these days. 

Once I start playing it (If they fix the ME) I might give him into the first team and make him show what he's got, also think that they could heavily suit your system which I can't remember as much. 

19 hours ago, 2E_2006 said:

Beat Liverpool 3-2 in the Champions League final :D. Heading into pre season in 2020 with a £300mil budget. I was chasing Arnie Maier in January but they wouldn’t budge from his release clause which is just over £80mil iirc. Luckily Hertha were relegated so I’ve beat off PSG to sign him for his new release clause which was around £42mil. 

He's a different type of player to Tonali, who was mentioned above - Tonali is a DLP-De all day long, most similar to Julian Weigl of more established players. Maier is natural at DLP-Su but could basically do any CM role bar BWM. I've been eyeing him up for my Dortmund team.

Edited by zlatanera

Is it just me that questions tonali? His positioning and anticipation are awful for a DM, yes he could improve massively but early stages would be disastrous "on paper" or do attributes mean nothing these days... jks. 

30 minutes ago, BigV said:

Is it just me that questions tonali? His positioning and anticipation are awful for a DM, yes he could improve massively but early stages would be disastrous "on paper" or do attributes mean nothing these days... jks. 

I'm looking at him in June 2019 on my Dortmund save and he has Anticipation and Positioning 11. He's absolutely not a starter, but when he's so good already with the rest of those attributes, and has great ppms if you want a Pirlo-type DLP, he's certainly good enough for a rotation option for two seasons whilst you train those lacking attributes heavily. I wouldn't have him as a starter though. 

On 24/01/2019 at 17:42, ShadowEdSide said:

20190124173710_1.thumb.jpg.a8d18ed13a713ef48e1c0cde771c3257.jpg

Oh Arsenal, did you forget this was an FA Cup final? You didn't show up to the party!

End of season by the numbers: Average Rating, Goals Scored

20190124173829_1.thumb.jpg.d800c4fb1bf143ce0fe578a3ff0b99c8.jpg20190124173847_1.thumb.jpg.4a7eb72295c8eb6b94beb815d1519b76.jpg

Pavard and De Ligt with best overalls, and Lukaku won Premier League Golden Boot. Look at Pogba chipping in with 23 goals!

Onto the summer now, let's see what surprises hold in store before season 3 :) 

Whoa! Pogba 23 goals how on earth are you playing? Love to get that from on mine :lol:

Cant get consistency with my 4-1-4-1 wide dm 

4 hours ago, zlatanera said:

I'm looking at him in June 2019 on my Dortmund save and he has Anticipation and Positioning 11. He's absolutely not a starter, but when he's so good already with the rest of those attributes, and has great ppms if you want a Pirlo-type DLP, he's certainly good enough for a rotation option for two seasons whilst you train those lacking attributes heavily. I wouldn't have him as a starter though. 

Ngl but those attributes are rarely useful when he's poor at positioning. He'd be a starter at 24/25, you can't really train anticipation unless you do mental and defensive training often which is ishy. 

Tonali at 24 in a previous save.
Helps that I have Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic in front of him in a triangle CM. 

Tonali.png

In my current new save, I have a 20 year old regen in the DLP role; still Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic in front of him though. 

Perez.png

Edited by xenqi

1 hour ago, xenqi said:

Tonali.png

I take back everything I just said, you didn't use editor by any chance? damn the guy looks immense, his stats are ridiculous and certainly a massive improvement 6 years on. 

10 minutes ago, BigV said:

I take back everything I just said, you didn't use editor by any chance? damn the guy looks immense, his stats are ridiculous and certainly a massive improvement 6 years on. 

no, I have a DB update downloaded though, for that save; but I've since stopped playing that save because it got too boring (and I also changed computers). 
bear in mind, he was playing VERY regularly behind a mid 2 of pogba and milinkovic which helped him reach his full potential early imo.
I believe once you have a mid 2 pairing of Pogba and Milinkovic-Savic, you're pretty much set (as long as your other players aren't too crappy).

12 hours ago, xenqi said:

I have Pogba as Mezzala and he scores and assists heaps; also a 4-1-4-1 formation. 

Ahhh I'll him there instead maybe been playing a two man box to boxes with a Deep Lying playmaker behind them. 

Have you managed to get a striker scoring seems to be a problem in what my tactic seems to be like 

4 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

Ahhh I'll him there instead maybe been playing a two man box to boxes with a Deep Lying playmaker behind them. 

Have you managed to get a striker scoring seems to be a problem in what my tactic seems to be like 

This is my 4-1-4-1.

4-1-4-1.png

And no, my striker isn't scoring much.
13/11/21; Martinez 8 in 18; was 16 in 31 the season before. 

My midfield scores heaps though:
Pogba is 12 in 13 atm and 5 assists;
Milinkovic 5 in 18, 3 assists;
Perez (DLP) 2 in 15; 4 assists

Mbappe 8 in 16, 3 assists;
Martial 6 in 7, 1 assist;
Rashford 9 in 14, 2 assist;

My defenders are scoring as well:
de Ligt 7 in 19 for eg;
and Tierney has 2 in 19 but 14 assists. 

Edited by xenqi

58 minutes ago, xenqi said:

This is my 4-1-4-1.

4-1-4-1.png

And no, my striker isn't scoring much.
13/11/21; Martinez 8 in 18; was 16 in 31 the season before. 

My midfield scores heaps though:
Pogba is 12 in 13 atm and 5 assists;
Milinkovic 5 in 18, 3 assists;
Perez (DLP) 2 in 15; 4 assists

Mbappe 8 in 16, 3 assists;
Martial 6 in 7, 1 assist;
Rashford 9 in 14, 2 assist;

My defenders are scoring as well:
de Ligt 7 in 19 for eg;
and Tierney has 2 in 19 but 14 assists. 

Tried Pogba in the Mezzela in two games and two goals. Though one was a freekick against Spurs but he got injured in the Spurs game though but only few days to week thankfully. I tried Advance Forward on another save and it was worst than this one lol got a deeplying forward at the moment on attack changed couple apporaches and Rashford is getting better oppotunites just not shooting into the space the keeper is leaving when trying to make himself big. 

I scouted Tonali after seeing him on your other save and scouts don't recommend him very highly but think I might risk the £5-£6 million to sign him as he is only 18. Want to move Matic on not liking his lack of mobility for my approach and used Herrera more as the Deeplying playmaker before he got back from injury and the Herrera needed some rest so let Matic play the last few games but looking for the next guy who can step in and be the player to make it his own in time.

3 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

I scouted Tonali after seeing him on your other save and scouts don't recommend him very highly but think I might risk the £5-£6 million to sign him as he is only 18. Want to move Matic on not liking his lack of mobility for my approach and used Herrera more as the Deeplying playmaker before he got back from injury and the Herrera needed some rest so let Matic play the last few games but looking for the next guy who can step in and be the player to make it his own in time.

As you can see, got lucky enough to have a regen that could walk straight into the DLP role so I'm not super focused on developing Tonali this save. 
I think this tactic works though - for me at least. The key seems to be the super midfield trio and my 2 bombarding wingbacks (especially Tierney, pretty much a must-buy).
I got rid of Matic and Herrera pretty early on, unfortunately they just aren't good enough. 

My must-buys now are: Milinkovic-Savic, Tierney, de Ligt, Tonali, and Mbappe once I have enough money.