FM19: Arsenal - Au Revoir Monsieur Wenger, Hola Señor Emery

malikoi

On 29/05/2019 at 21:41, Garygooner666 said:

Ozil is next to impossible to sell due to high wages and imagine his demands don't drop even when on a free.

Mkhitaryan sells normally to PSG or Inter Milan

On 30/05/2019 at 18:53, Vilmar said:

Can't wait for my season to be over to see what kind of effect his departure will have. 

Mkhitaryan has been on Real's watchlist for over a season, haven't made the approach. 

On 01/06/2019 at 04:08, Aizo4576 said:

Anyone had any success in clearing out the squad? Eg the man in my picture

I managed to sell both in mine but it took ages.

Mhki was valued at 48m, had to sell him to Lyon for 23m. Thankfully only paying 60k of his wage. At one stage of offering him out, I was offering to pay 110k.

Ozil I also had to take a big hit on but just glad I got rid of him. 17m to PSG, paying 145k of his wage. He is now transfer listed there.

1 hour ago, itamarled said:

how do you think i should sign:
Presnel Kimpembe for 24.5 milion pound and 130k for week
or
Clément Lenglet for 13.5 milion pound and 90k for week

I'm in my second season my cb's are: sheaf,sokratis,harmoso(from espanyol),chambers and holding

I've got Kimpembe. He's pretty good.

Depends on your budget though. Bargain for Lenglet at that price. You could even sign both and make them your new pairing.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Into my third season now. Second season was so close, but so far.

So after my narrow defeats last season, I knew I needed to strengthen.

I only won the Carabao Cup, finished second in the league on GD, semis of the FA Cup and CL, so not really a terrible season. A season of being so close, yet so far though.

Coly is an 18 year old who looks to have a fair bit of potential. If Haland doesn't work out, I can make a tidy profit, hopefully. He has great physical stats, and is a pressing forward, so a different type of forward I don' have in my squad. Burnley got relegated and I thought it would be a good opportunity to add to my English quota, so picked up Tarkowski for some depth. Sancho is too good to turn down even at 71m, and being English only amplifies it. Really needed a better CB and Kimpembe being listed worked out beautifully. Piatek has come in to hopefully solve my forward woes after selling Auba, and Aarons was listed, also English and lots of potential, so another no brainer. Still got 22m in the bank, but not sure if I'll sign anyone in Jan - will see how the season pans out if I need to strengthen. 

I was finally able to move Mhki with having to only pay 60k of his wage which is a huge winner. It was hard selling Kos because of his influence, but I decided to cash in. Would have liked more for Zivkovic, but he was disappointing so he had to go. Nketiah, Lankester, ESR, and Willock will all benefit from loan moves again. Mavro included in the Piatek deal for a loan. Will look to sell upon return. Jovic was massively disappointing, but I made 7.5m profit, just unfortunate he had to stay in England. Inter had a bid accepted but the ***** refused a contract.

United went nuts. Bought Ousamane Dembele for 95m, Aouar from Lyon for 48m. Madrid signed Laporte for 96m (Varane joined City for 115m in Jan). 

image.thumb.png.0150a70668b21d8d8e8251432e5e2f99.png

image.thumb.png.0214e9ea9875f3ae9f4ac6030bd5f61f.png

image.thumb.png.e22e1ce1f2d6dc66874a64ba3e3df30a.png

Into November and Liverpool are unstoppable. They've won every league game so far this season - 15 on the bounce!. They beat me 2-1 but I was arguably the better team. Generally been starting Nelson on the right because he is performing better.

Leno
Bellerin De Ligt Kimpembe Tierney
Torreira
Gedson Rabiot
Chiesa------------------------Sancho
Piatek

Edited by Eeza

3 hours ago, Yoeri said:

Nice amount of real Arsenal players!

The way half the players have performed this season I would have got rid of more !!

I buy some players to loan straight out to make money (Marin, Morilla, Soucek)

Others are to replace and improve the first team like eg Tierney for Monreal.

Finally I pad the u23 u18 youth teams with talented English players

19 hours ago, Yoeri said:

Nice amount of real Arsenal players!

Yeah not sure the relevance of this? I'm pretty sure the aim of the game is to win. Not keep the same players at the club, Especially if so many are trash.

14 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

The way half the players have performed this season I would have got rid of more !!

I buy some players to loan straight out to make money (Marin, Morilla, Soucek)

Others are to replace and improve the first team like eg Tierney for Monreal.

Finally I pad the u23 u18 youth teams with talented English players

Yeah, I've got Nelson who floats around the first time. Laca and Piatek rotate. ESR and Nketiah are out on loan.

image.thumb.png.ef34a059e6e8af2140529d8dff99915c.png

image.thumb.png.dbe3083a14d71afabe42c31b2ab3dc2e.png

image.thumb.png.c444a376eaff74a1f963541e777f6226.png

I started with un update so my first season is the one i am in, 2019-2020 helfway thrugh the season i got kicked out the carbaro cup and the fa cup while i'm sitting in second 6 points behind liverpool.

just can't get rid of ozil hope for batter luck with it in this ofseason

4 hours ago, itamarled said:

wow you actually sold everyone
and 100 mil for iwobi that's crazy

asnl perfomance in europe league final really pissed me off. (irl)

thats amazing for a backup player :D

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Is nobody else suspicious of this, maybe a good photoshop or the use of in game editor maybe.

No way would he have got this much money for all these players and manage to sell them all.

superb form + high rep (trophies) = overpay

6-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

17-1.jpg

eng isnt my native language then i cant defend myself well ))

3 hours ago, Yoeri said:

I think it's not that fun too sell and buy that many players within a small time. But I respect that you play the game as long as you want, in what matter. :D 

i think so as well, but i just got the urge to clean the house after the last season irl

5 minutes ago, itamarled said:

i think so as well, but i just got the urge to clean the house after the last season irl

I think the idea of rebuilding the squad makes the save appealing to me. But I am an arsenal fan so bad feelings towards 1 or 2 yknow😂

2 hours ago, Garygooner666 said:

Top 5 sales seem unrealistic unless you are spreading the fees out over several years.

youre right about that, top5 in monthly installments

even ai not goona straight pay

People are complaining about Spacewe's sales being unrealistic or being amazed by his performances, but bar a couple of his sales being inflated by being spread over monthly installments, its entirely consistent with my own experience.

I've recently started a new save after a long time away, but in that one I had running before (where I posted my tactic - which is similar to my previous tactics on previous versions in terms of fundamentals - and beat Huddersfield 16-0!), In season 1 I won every league game and had a goal difference of 180 (signing Hazard in installments helped!). Of course that was before patching killed set piece exploits! The one first season I've played since then had a goal difference of 134.

And when you blitz the game, selling becomes easy.

In that pre-patch game I got £80m for Kolasinac, £75m for Mikhi, £60m for Mustafi, £60m something for Welbeck, £50m for Elneny, £30m for Monreal, £15m for Jenkinson, and £65 for Xhaka....and mostly up front fees.

In my post patch game I still got £30m for Monreal, £40m for Elneny, £40+20m for Mustafi & £75m for Welbz.

Because season 1 I'm less invested in in terms of squad rebuilding, I play the hell out of disposable parts in otherwise strong teams, so they can up value so I can sell them off to achieve financial stability before then choosing to experiment with formations, player development, blooding kids etc in season 2. Accordingly I also hoover up players with highish reputations on frees as soon as the registration window closes, by which time their wage demands have calmed down. Play them in the cups and flog them during the next window.

This has been the case for ages. In FM17 I'd easily get £40m for Lucas Perez and £25-30m for Joel Campbell etc.

Of course most players rightly want to play their own way and get the squad renewal underway more quickly. I guess my love of historical strategy games and my strategic and tactical analysis for my podcast and articles influence my playstyle a lot ;-)

25 minutes ago, lomekian said:

People are complaining about Spacewe's sales being unrealistic or being amazed by his performances, but bar a couple of his sales being inflated by being spread over monthly installments, its entirely consistent with my own experience.

I've recently started a new save after a long time away, but in that one I had running before (where I posted my tactic - which is similar to my previous tactics on previous versions in terms of fundamentals - and beat Huddersfield 16-0!), In season 1 I won every league game and had a goal difference of 180 (signing Hazard in installments helped!). Of course that was before patching killed set piece exploits! The one first season I've played since then had a goal difference of 134.

And when you blitz the game, selling becomes easy.

In that pre-patch game I got £80m for Kolasinac, £75m for Mikhi, £60m for Mustafi, £60m something for Welbeck, £50m for Elneny, £30m for Monreal, £15m for Jenkinson, and £65 for Xhaka....and mostly up front fees.

In my post patch game I still got £30m for Monreal, £40m for Elneny, £40+20m for Mustafi & £75m for Welbz.

Because season 1 I'm less invested in in terms of squad rebuilding, I play the hell out of disposable parts in otherwise strong teams, so they can up value so I can sell them off to achieve financial stability before then choosing to experiment with formations, player development, blooding kids etc in season 2. Accordingly I also hoover up players with highish reputations on frees as soon as the registration window closes, by which time their wage demands have calmed down. Play them in the cups and flog them during the next window.

This has been the case for ages. In FM17 I'd easily get £40m for Lucas Perez and £25-30m for Joel Campbell etc.

Of course most players rightly want to play their own way and get the squad renewal underway more quickly. I guess my love of historical strategy games and my strategic and tactical analysis for my podcast and articles influence my playstyle a lot ;-)

can you shere again this amazing tactic you used?

Just now, itamarled said:

Seems fair enough too me. :p 

More than 50% of the squad is ****, so you have to if you want to compete with other clubs. 

On 06/06/2019 at 14:54, lomekian said:

Its two or three pages back. 2 tactics a lop sided 4-2-3-1 and an old school 4-4-2 lopsided.

How are you getting such amazing results consistently ? +134 goal difference is insane even if you did not concede  that means you’d have to score an average of 3.52/game think I might re-download them as they worked great for a while but not with the consistency you seem to have got

Edited by arsenalthebest

On 08/06/2019 at 03:24, arsenalthebest said:

How are you getting such amazing results consistently ? +134 goal difference is insane even if you did not concede  that means you’d have to score an average of 3.52/game think I might re-download them as they worked great for a while but not with the consistency you seem to have got

Its about working out which formation will work best against specific opponents (of the two), making ingame tweaks where necessary, ensuring any signings either fit or improve the system (a pacey dribbling wide man on either flank with duty changed accordingly works well) and ROTATION (as I've said before I pick up cheap or free players for the early rounds of the cups, who, when they inevitably complain about lack of game time, get sold off to boost the coffers).

Don't get me wrong, it doesn't work all the time, and I've had a few cup upsets...and I've not played enough into the future to know how things may change.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/05/2019 at 12:41, Garygooner666 said:

Ozil is next to impossible to sell due to high wages and imagine his demands don't drop even when on a free.

Mkhitaryan sells normally to PSG or Inter Milan

I sold ozil to juventus for 30 mil. I have to pay 180k pw of his wages though. Thought that would be better than paying over 300 with him not playing much. 

I am struggling to sell mkhitaryan though I've even dropped his  asking pricr 20 mil less than he is valued and no takers

What is it with this game and contract renewals?

At the start of 2nd season Sokratis wants 250k pw to renew

Guenduzi wants 150k and he hardly played last season

De ligt who has been with us less than a year on 100k pw now wants 275k!

Leno wants 250k pw

It's ridiculous. Going to ship out Leno and sokratis and sign better or equivalent players with cheaper wages. 

On 29/06/2019 at 07:03, MShing said:

What is it with this game and contract renewals?

At the start of 2nd season Sokratis wants 250k pw to renew

Guenduzi wants 150k and he hardly played last season

De ligt who has been with us less than a year on 100k pw now wants 275k!

Leno wants 250k pw

It's ridiculous. Going to ship out Leno and sokratis and sign better or equivalent players with cheaper wages. 

wow for me  Leno on 140k , Guen 125k , De Ligt 150k

little advice offer players big bonuses that they are highly unlikly to receive ffor example offfer De Ligt a big top goalscorer bonus and a nice goal bonus sometimes they'll accept a lower basic wage also try incresing apparence bonus by certain ampunt depending on their squad status for example if they are often going to play twice weekly you can try and offer them an extra £1 app bonus for every £2 you reduce thier basic wage by  so for example you reduce their basic wage by 30k increaase app bonus by 15k 

Edited by arsenalthebest

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Having spent most of my FM19 career in the EFL, I've decided that it's time to try something different. I've toyed with idea of coaching abroad, but firstly, I want to try an Arsenal challenge.

I'm starting with just a local-pro reputation with an A Licence and transfers turned off. This will hopefully make the save tougher to start and try and keep it realistic in the first season. 

Wish me luck.

2 hours ago, smplfc123 said:

Hello guys,

Having spent most of my FM19 career in the EFL, I've decided that it's time to try something different. I've toyed with idea of coaching abroad, but firstly, I want to try an Arsenal challenge.

I'm starting with just a local-pro reputation with an A Licence and transfers turned off. This will hopefully make the save tougher to start and try and keep it realistic in the first season. 

Wish me luck.

Good luck :D 

Using Arsenal for an experiment.

Using my DOF to do things for me. I set transfer targets, specify their expected roles, and use the "Recommended maximum wage" section in the finances to then tell him how high he can go in contract talks, and then leave it entirely up to him. Hes also going to renew contracts for current players if I ask, but only if I ask.

First window we successfully sold Carl Jenkinson (£3.5m) and Mo Elneny (£18m rising to £23m). Ozil was transfer listed but nobody held an interest.

He successfully signed Pablo Fornals (£12m) and De Light (£19m). He failed to sign me Felipe Luis, and Kieran Tierney.

Trae Coyle and Nkeiteh were outstanding in pre-season so are being used in the first team, Coyle played 90 mins in the opening game against Fulham and got himself a 6.8 rating. Mhkyitarian and Lacazette both suffered serious injuries and will miss around 3-4 months so feels natural to Arsenal to fill those gaps with youngsters rather than sign replacements.

I just started a save with Arsenal. 

The mening with the save is to dominante the league and Europa again. 

I think i Will try something New to This save. My tactic Will be count er-attack 4-1-4-1 dm wide. I need players there are strong and good teamwork, and workrate. Because of that. I dont need My playmakers. I look for allround midefielders. 

I play with the summer update, så All transfers that are made for to Day. 

Transfer target:

De rossi, alves, sancho. 

I Hope i can get rid of xhaka, ozil

Currently playing a game with our Arsenal and i want it to be as realistic as possible. So I started in the second season (I simulated the first season as realistic as possible; so Arsenal was 5th). 

I brought in Saliba for a fee off 25 million euro's and loaned him instantly back to France so he be as good as Varane when's back.

Also joining was Brazilian wonderkid Gabriel Martinelli; he's a great prospect with some skills from Ronaldo Lima. Defenitely going to win the Ballon d'Or within five years!

Ramsey is gone too Juventus where he would be amazing ofcourse.

Ospina is also gone, he's joining Napoli. That's not a regret, Martinez would be a lot better in goal.

Liechtsteiner and Cech are left as free transfer. Only Cech is joining Chelsea as a director and Liechtsteiner is in the mood for another club as a player.

Welbeck is sadly gone for free. He's been great for the club with important goals like against Leicester City, but he is way too injury phrone so we'd him an offer to play and paid by played matches. He reject that offer so this is our sadly statement about it.

Also leaving is Denis Suarez. A great player but he came here with an injury and never was fit enough to play the matches he did play in. Bad transfer after all but he has potential.

On that moment we are in advanced talks about Dani Ceballos for a loan permit. 

More news is coming soon.

got some thinking to do for the 23/24 season was conidering selling Kik Pierie and replacing him with Joel Lopez who's got the better defensive attributes however he is unproven at premier league levl and Pierie despit only playing a handfull of games each season has performed well conistantly I'll proably sell Chambers & Torreira who want to leave for a new challenge 

Edit

So far I have sold Torreira to Real Madrid for £72m plus another £13m in instalments and Hector Herrera for £5.75m also sold regen Feyzullah Henrion for £7.5m to Newcastle with a £20m buy back clause, Chambers Has gone on loan to West Brom with an option to buy for £29m , regens Luis Pereira , Harvey Beaney , Burak Kermioğlu , Wàgner , Dragen Grujic , Danny Lake , Emile Hulshoff , Josh Betteridge & Gorka Mateo

Edited by arsenalthebest

• 2 weeks later...

didn't think i'd buy FM19 this year, bought it every season since 2007 but finally succumbed as i saw it on offer for £10. 

Decided i'd try and replicate Arsenal's transfer business IRL so bought Martinelli, Saliba, Pepe, Ceballos and Tierney (although he's not been signed IRL yet)

Sold Elneny and a host of other fringe players. 

Season has gone really well. better than expected. Decided to opt for a 4-3-2-1 but with a flat 3 in midfield. 

GK: Leno

WBR (A): Bellerin

CB: (D) Sokratis

BPD: (D) Holding

WBL (S) Tierney

AP: (A) Ozil

B2B: (S) Torreira

DLP: (S) Ceballos

IF: (S) Pepe

IF: (A) Aubameyang

DLF (S) Lacazette 

Team started like a house on fire and stormed up the league. Really wanted to shoe horn Aubameyang and Lacazette into the same team but didn't want to play two up top so opted for Aubameyang on the left but with an attacking mentality to try and maximise his goal tally.

It took a while to tweak my tactics, really wanted to get everyone chipping in with goals but still have Aubameyang as the main attacking threat. He went on a dry spell but now its working really well. 2 games to go in the league and 6 points ahead and Aubameyang has 30 goals, Lacazette's got 20 and Pepe has 15.  

Ozil has even chipped in with 6 which i'm happy about as he's playing in a deeper position than naturally accustomed to. The big surprise for me is Torreira, he's been brilliant in the B2B role. He's managed to weigh in with 7 goals and also been the main defensive player in the middle. Ceballos has around 5 goals and then the defense has 5/6 shared between them. 

Hoping to see out the league, draw away at Palace will clinch it for me. If i lose i will then face City at home and will likely only be 3 points ahead. 

Lost in the league cup in the first round, away to Watford - losing 2-1 to two late goals. 

Got to the semi of the FA cup but lost to Chelsea. 

Currently in the semi final of the Europa and am favorites to progress so all in all, a really great season so far. Much more than i expected. 

Going to sell Mustafi and Koscienly at the end of the season and then try to integrate some more of the youth players who have been on loan, players like Saka, Smith, Nelson etc. 

Did manage to play Willock from the start and he's been great, averaging 7.50 throughout the season - amazing dribbling MC. Great at transitioning with pace and got a great eye for goal so he'll eventually replace Ozil. 

Think i'll try and sign Upamecano from RB Leipzig, other than that i don't think i'll buy anyone else. 

Might be tempted to buy a striker but Nketiah has managed to get a handful of goals for me but i've been lucky with injuries to my front 3, probably be sensible to have more back up as they are virtually running on empty. 

But must say i'm very happy with my purchase. money well spent. Even if i only play this season, its been well worth the tenner i spent. :)

Edited by Liamgannon

On 06/08/2019 at 10:04, Liamgannon said:

didn't think i'd buy FM19 this year, bought it every season since 2007 but finally succumbed as i saw it on offer for £10. 

Decided i'd try and replicate Arsenal's transfer business IRL so bought Martinelli, Saliba, Pepe, Ceballos and Tierney (although he's not been signed IRL yet)

Sold Elneny and a host of other fringe players. 

Season has gone really well. better than expected. Decided to opt for a 4-3-2-1 but with a flat 3 in midfield. 

GK: Leno

WBR (A): Bellerin

CB: (D) Sokratis

BPD: (D) Holding

WBL (S) Tierney

AP: (A) Ozil

B2B: (S) Torreira

DLP: (S) Ceballos

IF: (S) Pepe

IF: (A) Aubameyang

DLF (S) Lacazette 

Team started like a house on fire and stormed up the league. Really wanted to shoe horn Aubameyang and Lacazette into the same team but didn't want to play two up top so opted for Aubameyang on the left but with an attacking mentality to try and maximise his goal tally.

It took a while to tweak my tactics, really wanted to get everyone chipping in with goals but still have Aubameyang as the main attacking threat. He went on a dry spell but now its working really well. 2 games to go in the league and 6 points ahead and Aubameyang has 30 goals, Lacazette's got 20 and Pepe has 15.  

Ozil has even chipped in with 6 which i'm happy about as he's playing in a deeper position than naturally accustomed to. The big surprise for me is Torreira, he's been brilliant in the B2B role. He's managed to weigh in with 7 goals and also been the main defensive player in the middle. Ceballos has around 5 goals and then the defense has 5/6 shared between them. 

Hoping to see out the league, draw away at Palace will clinch it for me. If i lose i will then face City at home and will likely only be 3 points ahead. 

Lost in the league cup in the first round, away to Watford - losing 2-1 to two late goals. 

Got to the semi of the FA cup but lost to Chelsea. 

Currently in the semi final of the Europa and am favorites to progress so all in all, a really great season so far. Much more than i expected. 

Going to sell Mustafi and Koscienly at the end of the season and then try to integrate some more of the youth players who have been on loan, players like Saka, Smith, Nelson etc. 

Did manage to play Willock from the start and he's been great, averaging 7.50 throughout the season - amazing dribbling MC. Great at transitioning with pace and got a great eye for goal so he'll eventually replace Ozil. 

Think i'll try and sign Upamecano from RB Leipzig, other than that i don't think i'll buy anyone else. 

Might be tempted to buy a striker but Nketiah has managed to get a handful of goals for me but i've been lucky with injuries to my front 3, probably be sensible to have more back up as they are virtually running on empty. 

But must say i'm very happy with my purchase. money well spent. Even if i only play this season, its been well worth the tenner i spent. :)

nice what are your team instructions? caould you post a screenshot or upload the tactic and post a link

Edited by arsenalthebest

Hi, I just finished my 1st season and qualified for the CL. Unfortunately, Ospina and Martinez left leaving me quite bare between the sticks. Enquired about a few GKs and have been quoted $22.5m for Butland and 28.5m plus add ons for Lafont

Which would be the better option or are there better recommendations?

It takes a bit of patience but Nelson becomes superb(at least on this save)he  has had over 15 goals & assists in the last 2 seasons and is on course to do it again with 15  goals & assists in early Feb Nketiah has also come good this season  has 12 goals so far in about 15-20 apps almost put him up fo sale after he only got 1 goal in about 10 games last season Smith-Rowe has also been pretty good can’t Remember his stats off the top of my head